Author Topic: Getting Friends to Try Touhou Stories  (Read 1475 times)

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
Getting Friends to Try Touhou Stories
« on: June 21, 2014, 01:29:19 AM »
So, I figured that this may be a fun thing to do; I'll start.
I'll be focusing on the time I got my friend Cameron to play Touhou, so here goes:
It was around February, and  I'd been playing Touhou for about 6 months. I figured it was about time I tried to get some of my friends to join in on the fun, so I tried convincing them to maybe do a run or two on my computer (I wasn't about to convince them to buy something that they had no clue what it was). Well, the ones I asked were a little hesitant. One thing led to another, and I was giving up Touhou and all related works for Lent, all for them to at least try it (a victory in my book  :D). tl; dr, Cam liked it and joined me in enjoying Touhou, while the others ended up not liking it so much due to the difficulty.
So, that is how I got Cam to try Touhou, and like it.

by the way giving up 2hu for Lent was torture
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:13:51 PM by Justin »
Current Goals (BC I guess this is a thing):
1CC all 2hu on normal: All clear!
1CC all 2hu on hard: LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF
Clear all extras: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
SA Hard Mode is kicking my butt ;-;

Re: Getting Friends to Try Touhou Stories
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:29:37 AM »
It was way more aggressive with me. I basically stolled right into his house , booted his computer up and proceeded to insert IN. I then grabbed him by his shoulders , sat him in the chair and simply said "Play." I refused to let him leave until he beat the first stage. He then got into Touhou somehow. My constant spamming of Touhou related pictures and the fact that he was already an otaku might have helped.

Misfortune!

• I'M THE LIGHTBRINGER!
  • I'M THE FUCKING UNIVERSE!
Re: Getting Friends to Try Touhou Stories
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:44:15 AM »
My friend, as of now, has only taken interest. He let me download the games on his computer, and he listens intently when I talk about its lore (Y'know, when he finishes talking about Warhammer or Gundam). So far, his favorite character is Youmu (he always had a thing for samurai-types, and swordsman in general), and the first game we plan on playing is either PoFV or Hisoutensoku
"Wha...wha...whazzat? Whazzat? You just wanna play a game that doesn't have six metrosexual Jonas Brothers in it? Well FUUUUUUUCK YOU! This is what you get, fuck you! Square Enix: Because fuck you guys!" -JonTron
"The lessons bronies shared with us about loyalty, friendship, fame, obsession, transcendental idealism, rectal prolapse, and erotic plush toy construction shall not be soon forgotten." -Alex Barry