Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -13F  (Read 214357 times)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -13F
« Reply #690 on: September 16, 2014, 11:57:40 PM »
On the subject of 14F, how do I activate this warp?

http://i.imgur.com/7hFnSwU.png

I'm going off memory, but I believe this floor has a +15, +5, and -10 control. I never found anything else, so I can't see any way to lower it to 30-35

There's a -8 near Yuyuko.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #691 on: September 17, 2014, 12:11:28 AM »
On the subject of 14F, how do I activate this warp?

http://i.imgur.com/7hFnSwU.png

I'm going off memory, but I believe this floor has a +15, +5, and -10 control. I never found anything else, so I can't see any way to lower it to 30-35

Seeing that the current temperature is 55, just add +5 once and -10 three times to reach 30, or at least -10 twice to reach 35.

I think...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #692 on: September 17, 2014, 12:18:52 AM »
Seeing that the current temperature is 55, just add +5 once and -10 three times to reach 30, or at least -10 twice to reach 35.

I think...

Yeah uh...that's not how it works at all. Just need  to flip the +5 switch to off, flip the -10 switch on, and find the -8 switch to set it to 32.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #693 on: September 17, 2014, 12:26:15 AM »
Ah, I see. Thanks for the correction Axel.

Kanako does have a lot of things going in her favour when compared to other nukers. Good defensive stats, useful skills (unlike Suwako, I mean bonus damage when in the first slot wth?) and spell cards that use elements few other nukers have access to, mainly SPI and cold. Not only that, her SPI attack can cause HVY and Suiga can lower attack stats, so her offense isn't just pretty numbers either. Moriya shrine buff is just bonus if you like using Sanae to buff up nukers like me. :)
Having said that, she doesn't get the same damage numbers as the other nukers so I would only consider using her if she can hit a boss's weakness (post game that is).

And that's why "Ability to create Heaven" and "Ability to create Earth" need to have their effects switched, as the buff for being in front would benefit a bulky mage more than a glass cannon, and the buff for being in the back would actually make sense for a glass cannon to have in the first place.

That said, I also wish that said skills would also reduce damage, too. More so for Suwako than Kanako, since Suwako needs something to help her survive a hit so that she can use her "Native God of Earth" skill to get out and heal up fast, although I would still want to give her the Guts skill to give her a 50/50 chance of surviving any hit for the sake of said skill...

I just realized something... Suwako may be the best person to use the Warrior/Sorcerer skill that increases damage for having full HP, since she can heal herself fully by switching out, thus re-activating it.

Also, I wish that the Gambler subclass had a skill that increased the damage that you deal in exchange for a loss of HP every time you attack with a spellcard(the side effect of Starbow Break on all spellcards, in other words). That way, people who don't care about how much HP they have left can use it to increase their power, and people who do care due to skills can actually activate them themselves if they want/need to.

Marisa has Sheer Force, so her lack of elemental coverage doesn't matter.

Lack of coverage still matters; sheer force helps, but Marisa still takes a significant hit to her damage. As well, Kanako's coverage lets her hit lots of weaknesses, not just avoid resisted elements.

And this is why many people, myself included, have noticed that Toxicologist can actually fix that, since it gives Marisa four additional elements to work with, and her Sheer Force also ignores ailment resistance, which actually matters for anyone using that subclass in the first place(good chance of slowing people down with Heavy? Weakening a boss with Poison? Yes, please!). Also, since she did have Earthlight Ray as a row attack in the first game, the spell could work as a set of four different versions of that spell, both in element and effect.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:58:07 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #694 on: September 17, 2014, 12:53:30 AM »
Finally completed all challenges, i guess my party is ready for post-game and i was honestly sick of grinding so much but the perfectionist side of my brain kept bugging me for that non shining circle

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #695 on: September 17, 2014, 04:18:22 AM »
I hated 10-12F in LoT1. I don't remember enough about those floors to explain in detail why since its been too long since I played LoT1 (And LoT1 is definitely a game where I wouldn't replay save for New Game Plus which I haven't even gotten yet) but I definitely know that I hated going through those floors. 13-15F in LoT2 is simple book keeping (and for that matter 16F-18F was also simple book keeping that I will admit I ignored).
You can't bemoan trial and error gameplay in LoT2 when LoT1 had the exact same crap just on different floors. How else were you supposed to realize the teleporter on 13F was based on the various switches having binary values which determined the destination based on totals?
Ah, I see. Thanks for the correction Axel.

And that's why "Ability to create Heaven" and "Ability to create Earth" need to have their effects switched, as the buff for being in front would benefit a bulky mage more than a glass cannon, and the buff for being in the back would actually make sense for a glass cannon to have in the first place.
They've had their effects switched for awhile now, as far as in game description is concerned (actual in game description, not just the translation patch). I don't remember if the bug about the effects not actually working was fixed or not though.
The bgm is pretty good but i like 1-3f's quite a bit more.

Problem with lot2's map design is actually its art style, it looks nicer in lot2 but the circles have no "walls" outside of simply no having another circle nearby. This makes it harder to maze since you cant have 2 areas right next to each other that are seperated, not to mention there is no 1 way wall capabilities short of having an arrow event.

Do you guys favor the nicer looking maps in lot2 or the more "functional ones in 1?
I still cant see how LoT1 maps are more functional than LoT2 maps

One irritating example i remember was Lot1 18F, so many one sided ways that just had a item or dumped you back to the beggining,its either that or i dont understand your sentence at all  :ohdear:
I think what Ghaleon is trying to get at is that there's less room, so to speak, for the floors since you can't have "walls" in LoT2 without the tiles being one space apart from each other. If that's not it, I completely misread your post Ghaleon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:30:44 AM by jaxter0987 »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #696 on: September 17, 2014, 04:49:51 AM »
@ Kirin no Sora

I still think the best subclass for Suwako is Gambler. She gets Flandre tier damage with it. And she's already very squishy anyway. (When I was first playing the game I spent lots of money in her defense because her defenses looked so bad to me...)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:25:01 AM by ZXNova »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #697 on: September 17, 2014, 07:16:28 AM »
I hated 10-12F in LoT1. I don't remember enough about those floors to explain in detail why since its been too long since I played LoT1 (And LoT1 is definitely a game where I wouldn't replay save for New Game Plus which I haven't even gotten yet) but I definitely know that I hated going through those floors. 13-15F in LoT2 is simple book keeping (and for that matter 16F-18F was also simple book keeping that I will admit I ignored).
You can't bemoan trial and error gameplay in LoT2 when LoT1 had the exact same crap just on different floors. How else were you supposed to realize the teleporter on 13F was based on the various switches having binary values which determined the destination based on totals?

But I can, because I said the only thing worse or as bad is the 30f grind AND the stupid binary floor which was fortunately only 1 floor. That said I thought it was pretty obvious the switches had a binary mechanic...However the thing about that floor which sucked was the fact that the addresses you input for treasures and/or next floor were completely arbitrary, and the clues were incomprehensible even if you knew exactly what the floor mechanic was! Not to mention there were no clues at all for certain important areas. It's not like I'm wearing rose glasses here, I said those 2 things in lot1 were horribad too, but the lot2 gripe is worse for me since it's 3 floors long, and is required for the main game instead of some end post game nonsense that really doesn't hurt you if you just ignore it after doing it the first time (30f)...now when I play lot1 I just do serpent and just call it a game..and/or cheat engine some levels, which is still a pain because I have to try and cheat engine enough levels that isn't overkill, and I have to try and predict an appropriate number of skillpoints too, blech.

I think what Ghaleon is trying to get at is that there's less room, so to speak, for the floors since you can't have "walls" in LoT2 without the tiles being one space apart from each other. If that's not it, I completely misread your post Ghaleon.

That's just part of the equation. By having wall mechanics included in each and every tile, some shapes and patterns can't actually be replicated in the current system simply by doubling "spacing" each tile. I can't think of any PRACTICAL examples off hand, but just imagine an open area (or a hall that's like 2-3 tiles wide), where they suddenly split off further down (imagine an '=' appearing an an open box). Double spacing is incapable of this without forcing the player to move perpendicular to the "emulated wall" at the beginning of it, but what this means is that the walls might not vanish further down the hall, or end in a zig-zag on their own seperately, or a combination of both (maybe the bottom merges back into the center, and the top zigzags off)...

It's hard to explain, but the fact is lot1's mechanics just enable more elaborate maze patterns that lot2 cannot do, and not just cuz of size.
Plus the 1 way wall tile things isn't about liking them or disliking them, it's about more options/capabilities. I personally found the 18f 1 way maze gimmick to be kinda interesting. Even if you don't like it, the simple fact is I'm sure I'm not the only one who liked it, and it cannot be done in lot2 without spamming arrows absolutely everywhere. And even that wouldn't really do much since arrows don't neccesarily "teleport" you one square away, you would just be trusting they would on that floor but they might not. There are a couple floors in lot2 with arrows that transport you thru walls in a predictable fashion, then it has an oddball one or two that do not, which would screw up the whole trust thing with what I mentioned (not to mention it would look like an awful incomprehensible purple blob on the 'a' map).

edit: I seem to recall noticing it before and mentioning it, and being shot down, but I'm like super certain now...but it seems that elemental resistances are calculated PRIOR to mnd/defense reduction... in lot1 it was the reverse... meaning characters with alot of an appropriate elemental resistance still took damage from something that was capable of punching thru their defenses.. but in lot2, even "squishy" characters can take a 0 from a hit that nails other characters if they have significantly more resistance.

Basically this makes elemental resistances way way better than lot1, not that I'm saying they stunk in 1, but point for point, in lot2, worth way more.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:15:17 AM by Ghaleon »

« Reply #698 on: September 17, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »
There's a -8 near Yuyuko.
Thanks, but... where was Yuyuko?

I gave the map another quick inspection, but all of the ! I checked were just holes.

« Reply #699 on: September 17, 2014, 03:16:09 PM »
Thanks, but... where was Yuyuko?

I gave the map another quick inspection, but all of the ! I checked were just holes.

Start from 15F relay point, take the staircase down to 14F and use the arrow teleporter next to you. That area has the Yuyuko fight and the -8 degrees orb.

jaxter0987

« Reply #700 on: September 17, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
I wasn't paying attention when you guys were talking about characters in the Append Disk but as I was reading through the Materials' descriptions, this made me think that Yamame is going to be added.
[attach=1]

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #701 on: September 17, 2014, 09:11:05 PM »
I wasn't paying attention when you guys were talking about characters in the Append Disk but as I was reading through the Materials' descriptions, this made me think that Yamame is going to be added.
[attach=1]

Uh oh. Yamame vs Wriggle, who's the better Poison inflicter!

« Reply #702 on: September 17, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »
Start from 15F relay point, take the staircase down to 14F and use the arrow teleporter next to you. That area has the Yuyuko fight and the -8 degrees orb.
Thanks!

Training manuals are always nice. I was afraid it'd be some item that I outgrew 6 floors ago.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #703 on: September 17, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »
edit: I seem to recall noticing it before and mentioning it, and being shot down, but I'm like super certain now...but it seems that elemental resistances are calculated PRIOR to mnd/defense reduction... in lot1 it was the reverse... meaning characters with alot of an appropriate elemental resistance still took damage from something that was capable of punching thru their defenses.. but in lot2, even "squishy" characters can take a 0 from a hit that nails other characters if they have significantly more resistance.

Basically this makes elemental resistances way way better than lot1, not that I'm saying they stunk in 1, but point for point, in lot2, worth way more.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16978.msg1104714.html#msg1104714

Actually, you were the one of the people who shot it down. :P

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #704 on: September 17, 2014, 11:16:44 PM »
I apologize, though I do know what i said was true (i remember it now ), maybe its pre-mit for players but post for monsters though?

I really doubt it but maybe its different via spell formulas too? Like they all have a pre and post affinity portion.

jaxter0987

« Reply #705 on: September 18, 2014, 12:26:06 AM »
Also something interesting I found while looking through the text files:

0086295C: Leading Role
00862930: For Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, Sanae, Aya,
008628D8: Yukari, Alice, Remilia, Yuyuko, Suika, Patchouli, Nitori, Kanako, Suwako
00862860: If any character that was previously partnered as player character is in the front row, then the user's overall stats will increase.
00862800: The higher the skill level, and the more partner characters are present, the higher the increase will be.

Anyone who doesn't know what team of 12 they want to play with for their replay should just pick from that set. Even though the skill wasn't implemented, I think its pretty neat that they had the idea there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:28:05 AM by jaxter0987 »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #706 on: September 18, 2014, 12:41:50 AM »
I'd imagine Yamame being the offensive Wriggle. But she wouldn't just use poison, she would also probably apply heavy and paralysis. Maybe insta death.

@jaxter0987

I wouldn't have liked an ability like that. Would seem unfair and kind of biased if it were implemented.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #707 on: September 18, 2014, 01:32:03 AM »
Well reimu's passives are pretty awful imo so it wouldnt be uniformly biased imo. Of course someone like nitori having it would be lawl.

That said i dont care for the whole idea of passive buffs thy activate if specific other characters are in the front row. Mostly because i. Kinda dissuades the player from having a truly custom party as opposed to quasi-cookie-cutter sub parties being favored.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:34:09 AM by Ghaleon »

jaxter0987

« Reply #708 on: September 18, 2014, 01:59:06 AM »
Well reimu's passives are pretty awful imo so it wouldnt be uniformly biased imo. Of course someone like nitori having it would be lawl.

That said i dont care for the whole idea of passive buffs thy activate if specific other characters are in the front row. Mostly because i. Kinda dissuades the player from having a truly custom party as opposed to quasi-cookie-cutter sub parties being favored.
Meh, I didn't and still don't care about those passives. Here's my main party

Reimu and Renko are Enchanter
Minoriko and Sanae are Magician
Alice and Yuuka are Transcendent
Byakuren is Strategist
Aya is Monk
Komachi is Healer
Wriggle is Herbalist
Kaguya is Sorcerer
Eiki is Warrior
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:24:22 AM by jaxter0987 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #709 on: September 18, 2014, 12:34:44 PM »
Honestly at that level I'm not sure if subclasses even matter, you can probably overpower the postgame final boss through sheer stats
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #710 on: September 18, 2014, 02:07:01 PM »
Honestly at that level I'm not sure if subclasses even matter, you can probably overpower the postgame final boss through sheer stats

And certain tough bosses you forgot to fight in time are toothless.

[attach=1]

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #711 on: September 18, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »

For a full team you're right, for my Team 9 run I essentially had to be around this level to stand a chance against it, even with subclasses. Then again it may have just been a result of not adequately preparing for the one part of the fight that will murder you if you're not prepared somewhere around the second phase.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

TS666

[LoT2] Can't pass through some bushes on 8F...
« Reply #712 on: September 18, 2014, 06:24:17 PM »
Hello, I can't pass through certain strange bushes on 8F just to get Yuuka (she is just in the area I can't access due to these plants).
Previously two of these dissapeared when I checked them before but I don't know what was needed, however it's sure that these bushes will dissapear if certain conditions are satisfied.
Simply I don't know what to do with them, here's a screen of the situation...

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v8FnaeXMhBA/VBogvUBbRTI/AAAAAAAAAmY/VO0VoxPzYMM/s640/wanting%25202%2520get%2520through%2520hte%2520bushes%2520geez.png

I've only 3 remaining bushes to remove.
Oh, yes, I checked the Touhou Wiki but the information isn't clear, I tried that in the way I stood but nothing happened...
Quote from: en.touhouwiki.net
  • Clear all the bushes on 8F by getting enough BP with the necessary characters to pass events on the following floors:
  • 3F (Minoriko 100 BP); 5F (Wriggle 120 BP); 8F (Utsuho 120 BP and Minoriko 200 BP); 10F (Nitori 150 BP and Minoriko 300 BP); 13F (Cirno 200 BP and Minoriko 400 BP)
  • Defeat Yuuka behind the bushes to recruit her.
Finally these are the BP (Battle Points) in each mentioned character:
  • Minoriko: She has 961BP.
  • Wriggle: She has 2475BP.
  • Utsuho: She has 350BP.
  • Nitori: She has 207BP.
  • Cirno: She has 3219BP.
And that's all, I'll be looking forward to your reply.

LOT2 is there a fullscreen mode?
« Reply #713 on: September 18, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »
Like the title says is there a fullscreen mode for Touhou labyrinth 2?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Sahgren

« Reply #714 on: September 18, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
Nope. The best you can do is stretch the window, though doing so will make the graphics grainier

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Re: [LoT2] Can't pass through some bushes on 8F...
« Reply #715 on: September 18, 2014, 09:17:23 PM »
Hello, I can't pass through certain strange bushes on 8F just to get Yuuka (she is just in the area I can't access due to these plants).
Previously two of these dissapeared when I checked them before but I don't know what was needed, however it's sure that these bushes will dissapear if certain conditions are satisfied.
Simply I don't know what to do with them, here's a screen of the situation...

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v8FnaeXMhBA/VBogvUBbRTI/AAAAAAAAAmY/VO0VoxPzYMM/s640/wanting%25202%2520get%2520through%2520hte%2520bushes%2520geez.png

I've only 3 remaining bushes to remove.
Oh, yes, I checked the Touhou Wiki but the information isn't clear, I tried that in the way I stood but nothing happened...Finally these are the BP (Battle Points) in each mentioned character:
  • Minoriko: She has 961BP.
  • Wriggle: She has 2475BP.
  • Utsuho: She has 350BP.
  • Nitori: She has 207BP.
  • Cirno: She has 3219BP.
And that's all, I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Have you tried going to each floor and checking to see if you missed any events?

jaxter0987

« Reply #716 on: September 18, 2014, 10:08:32 PM »
Oh I already completely finished postgame. That was just me showing off what my team is currently like for when Append Disk comes out.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:10:25 PM by jaxter0987 »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #717 on: September 19, 2014, 07:05:37 AM »
yay, kinda sorta done 12-15f... sorta kinda cuz byakuren's scroll still hasn't dropped and I haven't beat up yuyu,eiki,giant, and yukari yet. but I've fully explored everything I can without beating em (which is nearly everything). I keep hearing that 14f is the best place to farm for the scroll, any particular area of it?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #718 on: September 19, 2014, 07:25:19 AM »
Just take the warp to the 15th floor and go down the stairs.
I've found it there rather quickly.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #719 on: September 19, 2014, 09:47:55 AM »
Just take the warp to the 15th floor and go down the stairs.
I've found it there rather quickly.

I tried that for 8 levels but no dice...but I tried it because that was my best guess too so thanks! Pretty sure your opinion was based on much research like my own.

Anyway, I got it now (not from the above part but I don't think it would have mattered so whatever)...
incidentally if it does matter (possible even if improbable), I got it from one of those slime/ooze things (encounter had 3 and nothing else, got it from them).