Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -13F  (Read 211709 times)

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -13F
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:19:28 PM »
When's the Special Disk gonna come out  :V

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:03:05 PM »
Well, I beat 6F Tenshi with Team 9.

Guardian level 40 Mystia with 400+ SPI resistance and 70~ levels in HP can tank Tenshi like a boss.  (Mystia was chosen because she has the highest natural SPI res of the 4.)

At that point I just got lucky enough that no one actually died.  Tenshi was eternally at -50% SPD after her first turn, and everyone was doing pretty respectable damage.  She does seem to get ailment resistance at low health, as it became much harder to poison her at the end.  Could just be bad luck.

And now I'm incredibly overleveled for the content until...well, 9F Tenshi maybe.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »
Nah prob overlevel until 12f tenshi =p

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 11:09:54 PM »
I think 9f Tenshi's recommended level might be even lower than 6f. Or at least the same thing. Probably the latter if I'm not just off the mark entirely.

Anyway, I got Renko and Maribel! Woo. Now to rearrange equipment. I'm also starting to wonder which attackers would be worth switching to Gambler purely for the 60% damage increase on doubling MP cost (now that mp pools are higher and I have lots of spare mp gems), without making them glass... hmm. Yuuka's Flower Shot is super cheap, but she has amazing synergy with Sorc's auto-magic buff. Now that buffer god byakuren is online, though, it probably doesn't really matter, so...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 05:11:31 PM »
Hmm.... any level recommendations and suggestions on beating the last boss, it's been awhile since I picked up LoT2 and plus I want to get moving to prepare for Special Disk.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »
Hit 9F Tenshi.  Think I'm gonna try for a super Tenshi clear.

My lack of debuffs will make it somewhat difficult.  However, the good news is that by the end of 9F, you've found 4 Stones of Awakening, so my team is set.

Hexed in all the BP I'll need for events on non-Team 9 characters.  Made sure that in doing so I wouldn't unlock any new achievement.  Decided to fight Ran at full Shikigami power--still no challenge.  Done all events up to now except for the Suika ones.  The cost is just so laaaaaaaaaarge...

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »
No, there are rocks on 20F (as well as 12F).  My guess is that you're not fully up to date.  Remember that the translation patch will list you as 1.203(?) even if you haven't patched up to there yet.

I found out what was wrong! My game was already patched to 1.203, but for some reason I was using the 1.151 translation. Thank you!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:09:27 PM »
I think I understand why boss def/mnd is so high in many cases; well first of all it's because they ended up giving the player several too-strong options that let you utterly demolish bosses that don't either have extreme HP or extreme defenses when you put the strongest characters in gambler builds. But anyway, the other reason-

It's because you actually do have a lot of ways to deal with it. You have armtwisting to combine with debuffs to debuff even highly resistant bosses without too much issue, or using Reisen and/or Hina to similar effects. There's now a large array of characters that can ignore a significant amount of def or mnd (even Iku!), and Monk has an option that can sometimes get the job done. Some of these bosses might be vulnerable to PSN, although I think a lot of them do resist it... (It's so much harder to use Wriggle in this game. I wonder if PSN even does alright damage still in postgame?)

But my team actually doesn't carry any of those, I didn't have -anything- until I got Rumia recently, who sure is important in randoms now. That's more my fault though I guess? As for the "overlevel and power through with Nitori/Flan/etc sheer numbers" option, it's there, but I was more or less immune to all of the boss's attacks WAAAAY before I managed to start hurting it, so obviously it wasn't the intended solution. I think having a counter for these bosses of some form in your party is really important, and thankfully there's a good variety of choices for that.

Hmm.... any level recommendations and suggestions on beating the last boss, it's been awhile since I picked up LoT2 and plus I want to get moving to prepare for Special Disk.
So long as you've actually spent your money in the Library and not stockpiled 1m+, the challenge level should be fine in terms of surviving everything except perhaps the final phase. However, you've got to figure out how you're damaging it through it's DEF/MND; you can debuff it off with ArmTwisting or Hina/Reisen or at least using "Eyes That Perceive Reality" characters, or you could use straight off def/mnd ignoring characters. OR, you can do what I did, and use Nitori and Flandre to just brute force through, which works because Nitori is OP and never has to be switched out ever even in full ATK builds with her crazy nuke potential, and it's weak to DRK so Flan works wonders.

In other news, seriously, if you were going to banlist anyone, banlist Nitori, as you pick up better and better gear she just gets stupid good. In other news again, early in the game her nuke didn't seem particularly good... so I wonder if Youmu's nukes also scale a lot better than they seem when you first get her. A lot of people comment that it seems kind of worthless, and I haven't heard anyone's opinion on Youmu later in the game.

e:Daaang they buffed Momiji's stats all by so much in the 1.20x rebalance. She must be an awesome tank now. You need to be to compete with the gimmicks the other guys get, of course, but daaang. Kogasa, Rumia, Cirno, Minoriko and Parsee were the other who benefited the most, even though all Parsee got was a MND tweak- in that her already ridiculous mnd got even higher. Shikieiki did get a high DEF boost, and Meiling got a significant ATK boost. Most (all?) other tweaks were minor.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:25:42 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:35 PM »
Yeah, Momiji pretty much is damn durable with the highest def growth of the game along with high HP and moderate mind.  Aside from cold and mystic affinity, she doesn't have any glaring weaknesses and she has "Eyes that perceive reality" and her other skill-set allows herself to grow faster.  If there is an actual problem with her, she is a little bland.

Something odd about arm-twisting though, Marisa has it but people report that she still does 0 damage on some bosses with Master Spark.

Wriggles isn't useless.  It's just, unlike LoT1, some bosses do resist poison.  However, the damage that it deals seem to scale with some formula since it was ticking off the same amount of HP percentage to a level 1 enemy compared to a level 100 enemy.  The poison doesn't even get stronger with toxo (but duration increases) or leveling her spellcard for some reason.

Is team 9 really that strong?  People seem to be breezing the game with that team,

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 11:49:09 PM »
Arm-twisting != Piercing

If your damage, with its multipliers, cannot exceed some portion of the enemy's mitigation stat (in this case MND), then you will do 0 damage.  Affinities have nothing to do with this--they come into play after that initial number has been calculated.

Team 9 is reasonably strong, but remember that if all of them are on the front line together, they get a 48% boost to all their stats.  This is *not* a buff in the classic sense, nor is it a fake percentage like equipment gives.  It's a huge boost, that stacks with other buffs multiplicatively.

In addition, having only 4 characters to deal with means there's a much smaller pool for your Gems and Training Manuals to go into.

And you're pretty much forced to grind for certain bosses (6F Tenshi), which puts you well ahead of the curve for subsequent floors.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:52:28 PM by Hawk »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 11:56:48 PM »
Something odd about arm-twisting though, Marisa has it but people report that she still does 0 damage on some bosses with Master Spark.
Arm-twisting pierces affinity and status resist, not defenses.

And I'm not saying Wriggle is useless, she's just harder to use. She was a top-tier damage dealer in lot1 until postgame even if you were using an efficient team including Iku's atk/mag buffing, albiet it was hard to TELL that she did great damage.

About Team ⑨... if you have the whole team fielded their stats are almost doubled. It's like having 72% buffs on permanently, except you can actually still buff, albiet the team doesn't carry ones of their own- but you can use subclasses and toss someone else in to buff them for a second assuming you aren't running a pure-team-9 challenge. If you add normal buffs to the 72% team bonus, their stats get a little silly, because I think the buffs multiply ontop.

cut by... nah, you multiplied the 12% by 4, which is wrong because you only get 3 member activations with all 4 out and because you still need to multiply the 12 by 2 for leveling the passive up twice.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 12:34:07 AM »
I forgot about Nitori and Flandre because they were both my main arsenal damage dealers back in LoT1 Special Disk, ok that's it I'm doing it the old fashion way. But, first I need to do some leveling....
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 04:30:57 PM »
Aaaand fullcleared. The 5 new bosses in at the end were fun, but that was probably a decent bit because I was overleveled so I had an easier time with them than I could've... by the time I could deal with the mirror/magatama I was preeeetty high level, and then after doing all the extra floors I was like lv180~190.  The extra boss c.levels go from 140~160, so... yeah.
Spoiler:
Culex
and the strengthened Murakamo weren't easy mode by any means at all, but it wasn't overwhelming after figuring out strats.

I think if I had more debuffing power (I had a decent amount, but not Hina's doom-tier or any Arm Twisting/Intense Vertigo to get through resistance) it'd have been better, and Kaguya probably would have been awfully nice. Flandre and Nitori were huge boons though, and a team of crazy good supportive characters was important.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 05:44:40 PM »
cut by... nah, you multiplied the 12% by 4, which is wrong because you only get 3 member activations with all 4 out and because you still need to multiply the 12 by 2 for leveling the passive up twice.

The description says SLvl*8%, but based on empirical evidence, it seems that leveling up just gives you another stack of the Team 9 buff.  So each other member gives you 2 stacks of the buff, leading to 6 stacks total.

6*8% = 48%

Hard to test what the stats actually become without some cheat engine digging though.

Edit: So on the wiki the description does definitely say 12% per stack.  I wasn't able to play last night--I'll need to check the in-game text when I get home.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:02:43 PM by Hawk »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 08:34:42 PM »
Allow me to do the math based on the wiki...

12% * 6 = 72% for ATT, DEF, MAG, and MND
6% * 6 = 36% for SPD

This is the power of the "Team 9" group skill.

As a aside, I had always thought that her accuracy increasing skill worked well with said defensive nature, making her prefect for helping others to not miss and to hit harder just by being there. Come to think of it, other than her somewhat low resistance to ailments(which a Status Boost Tome could help in), and her low affinity to cold and mystic(which can be fixed via Voile), Momiji doesn't have any glaring flaws, does she? This could make her perfect for the Strategist or Pharmacologist subclasses, since her sturdiness would be helpful for the former(being able to grant a defensive and offensive boost to everyone would be quite helpful, not to mention that her Speed buff will be strengthened by the sheer point of the reduction of its decay), while her speed would be helpful towards the latter(the skill set for said subclass weakens ailments and debuffs on allies every time she takes a turn).

Of course, one could also argue that the Guardian and Monk subclasses are more suitable, given that the former works well with her skill set, and the latter gives her the means to attack even faster, and auto heal herself every turn as well...

Edit: I just realized something. Has anyone listed what types(Human, Divine, Aquatic, Other, etc.) the various bosses fall under? Because I think that that might be something that can be put into the wiki for the sake of information...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:35:47 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 12:39:15 AM »
Ideal subclasses for tanks depends too much on your party composition, although you can still generally point out better ones for characters- it's mostly based on how good their own moveset is, though, aka if they need support skills to use they're better off as something like Pharmacologist. The selling point for pharmacologist definitely isn't the debuff/status reduction anyway- those aren't even worth spending points on until you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Pharmacologist is still IMO the best general class to give to a tank, though.

Kogasa Tank as a hexer might be effective... hmm. e:Hexer skills debuff 22% at max, and Kogasa is the tankiest possessor of Arm Twisting (as well as having a personal strong mnd debuff, many helpful passive skills of her own, and will inflict Terror which is there I guess. The status helps activate some skills/passives) so  Kogasa Hexer is probably a legit strat? I'm not sure how good Arm Twisting is in comparison to just having Reisen do her thing with Discarder and Intense Vertigo.

Momiji would want a subclass that actually gives her a useful support skill to use, as her moveset is basically worthless as a tank. If you gave her something like Monk or Strategist, it's kind of a waste of all the turns she gets. Strategist Byakuren as a tank is hilarious though, by the way, it almost negates the need to have people capable of buffing your party.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:55:25 AM by Serela »

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 02:28:38 AM »
Huh, I was right.  The in-game description of the Team 9 buff says 8%, not 12%.  At least with the latest translation patch.

Let me see if I can confirm the correct numbers with cheat engine.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 03:04:54 AM »
The wiki is just outdated. The game's info is most certainly the correct one. That makes sense, 72% is insane.

When the info is changed, it's reverted to japanese in the patch by help of the tools, so the ingame info should all be up to date.

Trickster-kun

• Well, well, well...
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 01:55:02 PM »
So let me get this straight.

Having 'team' skills will give the party buffs to your stats. And you can stack these stats even further by the 'normal' buffs like Sanae's.

I was thoroughly confused and I couldn't find information about it on the wiki or the old thread. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, and I apologize if this was the case... I want to have a solid info for when I attempt my own NG+.

Just arrived at 20F and the struggle is real. Those damn eyes blasting my whole party to ashes are rather annoying.  :ohdear: But then again I should've expected as much given that LoT1's 20F was basically boss after boss... only a little bit until postgame!
~Yesterday was all I had. Today is all I have. Tomorrow is all I want.~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »
Having 'team' skills will give the party buffs to your stats. And you can stack these stats even further by the 'normal' buffs like Sanae's.
Yes. And yeah, the eyes on 20f are a pain before you hit the relay points. This isn't the miniboss area of ultimate grinding yet, by the way.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »
https://www.mediafire.com/?t1v567p5sced1zl

I've updated the English patch for LoT1 Special Disk.

Fixes:
-The level goddess no longer calls Rinnosuke a lady
-Re-added the image for Meiling's mountain breaker and Youmu's slash of eternity. Youmu's graphic is also used in Alice's boss fight (IIRC), so that's incidentally fixed, as well as Sanae's miracle fruits and Kanako's Virtue of Wind God, which use the same graphic as Mountain Breaker.
-Changed the names of 'Magic Sword "Chaos"' and 'Holy Sword "Sunlight"' to 'Demonic Sword Chaos' and 'Holy Sword Nikkou'. "Nikkou" is her name, so it shouldn't be translated. Also updated the translation note with some more information. All that Sengoku Rance has been paying off.
-Changed Rinnosuke's out-of-TP message
-Changed Mary's name to "Maribel Hearn"
-I think there were a few untranslated names, like Shikieiki v3 or something.
-Changed all "(u)huhu" to the vastly superior "(u)fufu"
-Fixed the Arturos Gem/King Arthur mixup - the "Found treasure!" line uses Arturos Gem now.
-Probably a couple of other things I can't remember.

Did not fix:
-The missing sound effects on enemy plus-disk character bosses. Can't figure that crap out.

Dunno how many people still play 1, but here it is. Only took four years. This seems to work perfectly fine, but fixing the Lady/Lord issue on levelup involved more assembly than I like, so it's possible I broke something.

You will need the .orig files for img.dxa, img1.dxa, and thLabyrinth_ver3.exe for the patch to work. If there are any issues, running the old patch ( http://www.mediafire.com/?c0ic698csyvwfcb ) will undo everything... again, as long as you have the .orig files.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:42:24 PM by qazmlpok »

Trickster-kun

• Well, well, well...
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 04:46:51 PM »
Yes. And yeah, the eyes on 20f are a pain before you hit the relay points. This isn't the miniboss area of ultimate grinding yet, by the way.

Thank you for the clarification!  :3

W-what do you mean there's a miniboss area?  :ohdear: I made it to Magatama's relay point (and beat it) so now I'm backtracking to explore the other half of 20F... I feel that I can't push very far when Aya runs out of TP because the advantage over those tops is too great-- even though the tops are no longer a super threat, those eyeballs are the #1 priority... and the giants. The damn giants from LoT1. They're Eiki's and Kaguya's show.

EDIT: Thank you very much for the English patch!! I beat LoT1 but I never got to the postgame because as I was gathering the 'stars' I lost all of my data, so I was extremely discouraged to start over... I did start over this year, though, and I'm... right after the Eientei battle. This patch will be very helpful. Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:53:38 PM by Trickster-kun »
~Yesterday was all I had. Today is all I have. Tomorrow is all I want.~

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »

Not quite.  The team skills will give the user buffs based on the other members of the team (at least with regards to Team 9).

And yes, these are inherent to the character, and not counted as a temporary buff, which means they can stack with normal buffs multiplicatively.

I've updated the English patch for LoT1 Special Disk.

Oh wow.  Did you happen to fix the King Arthur/Arturos Gem mixup with treasure chests?  That confused me for daaaaays.

In other news, the grinding for Super Tenshi continues.  Did a bunch of achievement grinding as well.  Can't quite hit 50 MP/TP (could if I used a Tome of Reincarnation, but it's not worth it).  Pretty close to the 60 FOE kills one though.  Super Tenshi still seems remarkably weak to poison, so it may end up being a situation where I just tank everyone up as much as possible.  Finished the Suika subquest since it counted towards spending money at Nitori's anyway.

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »
Oh wow.  Did you happen to fix the King Arthur/Arturos Gem mixup with treasure chests?  That confused me for daaaaays.

Oh yeah. That too.

I guess the cause is the item name is "King Arthur", but it's a reference to another game that localized it as "Arturos", as a gem, hence "Arturos Gem".

But I did change it.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 05:10:36 PM »
Ideal subclasses for tanks depends too much on your party composition, although you can still generally point out better ones for characters- it's mostly based on how good their own moveset is, though, aka if they need support skills to use they're better off as something like Pharmacologist. The selling point for pharmacologist definitely isn't the debuff/status reduction anyway- those aren't even worth spending points on until you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Pharmacologist is still IMO the best general class to give to a tank, though.

To be fair to those skills, the power to reverse a debuff into a buff, or the power to boost all currently existing buffs is somewhat situational. As far as I can tell, most people use the subclass simply for the "Herb of Excitement" spell, since that spell allows you to power up other people's attack spells(or even healing spells, if said buff is the same kind as the one caused by Grand Incantation), so it wouldn't be so bad for a fast tank(like Momiji) to have such skills to weaken such ailments with every turn. After all, she doesn't have much in the way of places for her skill points to go, so she'll definitely have a surplus at some point(earlier than a number of characters, I would wager).

Momiji would want a subclass that actually gives her a useful support skill to use, as her moveset is basically worthless as a tank. If you gave her something like Monk or Strategist, it's kind of a waste of all the turns she gets. Strategist Byakuren as a tank is hilarious though, by the way, it almost negates the need to have people capable of buffing your party.

1. One must realize that Momiji is often used as a bulky fighter in late game for a reason, this is why I would give her Monk as a means to make her faster, hit harder, and even heal and buff herself automatically every turn.
2. If you're saying that her having a lot of turns as a Strategist is a bad thing, then I suppose that the idea of being supported by other characters who'll heal and buff her up while she switches them in and out is a bad plan? Curious... I'll admit that there are better people who can be a Strategist, though...
3. If "skill set for tanking" is all that she needs, than my note of her using the Guardian subclass makes sense, since she can counter the Shield Guard's weakness of debuffing her own speed, and having a attack spell that inflicts Shock and gives a Defense buff to herself is very helpful towards tanking hits. She can become faster in using concentrate, thus reducing the delay between her attacks, and simply being in the front with a full lineup at the start of battle raises their defenses from the get go...

Frankly, I would not be surprised if they tested the Guardian subclass with Momiji in mind, since said subclass fits her like a glove, so to speak.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
To be fair to those skills, the power to reverse a debuff into a buff, or the power to boost all currently existing buffs is somewhat situational.
The power to boost all current buffs is really not all that situational. The other one really isn't that good though, yeah, plus for some reason it takes 5 points per level and it's much more difficult to use if you don't level it. Herb of Excitement alone is pretty great though, and Placebo Effect is pretty nice whenever you can get around to it- it's true that it's better later in the game when you're running around with craploads of buffs more.

It also synergizes well with Byakuren, and quite honestly, Byakuren is unarguably the ultimate form of buffing your party after she has the skillpoints (which she will at/before lv100- admittedly that's final boss time, but there's lots of quite difficult postgame bosses to deal with) so that's pretty important.

One thing I do like about this game is you can make a super great party without having to use the same several characters. Reimu is totally replaceable, there's lots of super great tanks, buffing in general isn't so specified to single people, and apart from Nitori/Flan you don't have ultimate damage dealers. (And you don't need them if you don't want to just OUTRIGHT CHEESE bosses, because that's exactly what they do) I think all the characters have useful niches to fill as well. The only exception is that after the final boss, Byakuren obsoletes the need for most other buffing forms- but you still can use a -little- bit of other buff power and it's important for a few bosses to have some degree of alternative... (Although you get Renko in time for that, and since she has so little time to shine, it only makes sense to use her)

Okay I guess Nitori/Flan being stupid is also kind of an exception. Flan isn't as universally boss cheesing but she just utterly destroys a good number of difficult ones, and if you actually used the SDM... oh god. Lavaeteinn is very usable in group bosses, this time. (Suwako's a pretty good NTR version of Flan but she doesn't have a lavateinn nor is she as good at overwhelming sheer def numbers)

Subclasses also makes characters able to effectively work in many different builds, and is part of what makes so many people usable as great tanks- anyone with good durability can be a tank that uses their passives to fill a niche support role as well, like Hexer Kogasa tank making good use of Heart of Patience, Arm Twisting, Easygoing, and  universal terror to enable Parsee or people with Final Blow. Most if not all of the tanks are viable as bulky damage dealers, too, especially now that you can switch levelup bonuses freely.

-Re-added the image for Meiling's mountain breaker and Youmu's slash of eternity. Youmu's graphic is also used in Alice's fight (IIRC), so that's incidentally fixed.
THANK YOU
It's also used in miracle fruits but I really don't think LoT1 Sanae is very good. Awesome in 2 tho' (If you insisted on not using Iku she'd probably be alright for 1 though, it's really not a good idea to do that but you like who you like. Same with Meiling in terms of status curing heal)

Actually, I think Kanako's Virtue of Wind God uses it, but Kanako is also pretty crappy unless the boss is weak to CLD. (Kanako is also wonderful in 2 tho)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:00:05 PM by Serela »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 07:04:02 PM »
I wonder what's a good subclass for Eirin. Only ones I can think of are Pharmacologist, Healer, and Toxicologist. (All of which fit her, Doctor theme).

I also wonder about pharmacologist Sanae, what do you think?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »
Sanae can't get much use out of pharmacologist, because she already will probably want to be using Miracle Fruits, heal, or concentrate on every turn she's out. She wants useful passive powers instead. Enhancer is the most straightforward but there's plenty of good options. Reimu is a great Enhancer btw, since healing buffs and buffing heals are cool when both of your own are multitarget.

Healer Eirin is surprisingly effective I hear; increase her healing power and then use the subclass heal with her Healing Limit Breaker to overheal people for massive amounts.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:59:45 PM by Serela »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 08:07:19 PM »
Sanae can't get much use out of pharmacologist, because she already will probably want to be using Miracle Fruits, heal, or concentrate on every turn she's out. She wants useful passive powers instead. Enhancer is the most straightforward but there's plenty of good options. Reimu is a great Enhancer btw, since healing buffs and buffing heals are cool when both of your own are multitarget.

Healer Eirin is surprisingly effective I hear; increase her healing power and then use the subclass heal with her Healing Limit Breaker to overheal people for massive amounts.

Yes I know about enhancer Reimu, I use it, and it is amazing. Luv it.

So basically to sum it up, who would love the pharmacologist subclass? What exactly is its job?