Author Topic: Mystical Chain  (Read 24157 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Mystical Chain
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 06:05:06 AM »
I want to try out this game but I heard it needed a decent system to run it, and my computer barely handles the regular Touhou games at the 16-bit setting.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 07:46:28 AM »
I want to try out this game but I heard it needed a decent system to run it, and my computer barely handles the regular Touhou games at the 16-bit setting.

See how your computer handles the trial then silly.

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »
Played Mystical Chain full yesterday. Shit was so cash.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »

Alice

down->up: I think this was the combo, i'm not sure. But regardless, some move or another makes Alice  point forward (like her regular attack when she points and a doll lunges forward with a lance)...Only without a doll. It doesn't seem to do anything. Even if you poke the enemy with her finger, nothing happens. I really don't know what this does. I THINK it might have to do with some weird telekinetic attack where she waves her hands around and the enemy flies across the room smacking into walls and such accordingly. But I cannot seem to replicate that affect with this move, nor can I seem to do that move at all without just button mashing randomly so hard I don't know wtf I pushed.

I figured out what this move does. You combo it in at the end of alice's forward or up attacks at the end of her normal attacks and a doll appears, grabs the enemy and does a body slam that sends the doll and enemy to the other end of the screen. its pretty sweet. I couldn't combo it in with her down normal attack finisher but up and null/forward finishers can use this attack.

Edit:
Nevermind its combo-able from any normal attack finisher hahah. I just finally did it
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 06:14:47 PM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 06:34:51 PM »
Speaking of combos, what's your best combo?

With Patch and Alice without spell cards, it was 131 (I can do better).  With spell cards, I was able to get up to 341 combo via insane timing and luck.

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 01:32:16 AM »
Best here is 79 with Marisa/Patchouli (go Patchouli's metal attack).

I can't seem to go past like 40 with the infinite combo, though...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 01:38:59 AM »
I pulled a 130 one with Marisa/Alice, on 5-3.
It was pure luck, tho.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 05:01:57 AM »
you guys talkinga bout on 1 mob. or do you include aoe damage on multiple mobs? I assume you mean one, cuz getting 100+ is a total joke if you consider aoe with patchy. haduken does 100 hits alone on 4 mobs.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 05:03:54 AM »
you guys talkinga bout on 1 mob.
Of course, man. 5-1 is a total joke with AoE Damage.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 05:05:59 AM »
you guys talkinga bout on 1 mob.
Of course, man. 5-1 is a total joke with AoE Damage.

I figured. unfortunately it's hard to do a big combo on one mob without accidently nailing others in the process imo >=P. And if you wait until the very last mob, it's probably already near death. It seems like dead creatures only allow you to smack em around so much before exploding, even if you should be able to chain a combo further.

Drake

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 05:18:22 AM »
youkai jesus this game is incredibleeeeee

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 08:53:38 AM »
Ok so stage 5-4 is a real bish on hard/lunatic. Seriously. Also what's the Marissa final boss like? I've seen alice and patchy so far. Alice is quite frankly a joke if you use Marissa's haduken to nail her dolls. Patchy on the other hand... I mean. is there any way to beat her final move without bomb spamming it? I can't seem to figure it out.

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 03:28:07 PM »
Break all the little seals with attacks.

I find Marisa's down+right attack (the thin laser) to be pretty useful.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2009, 06:08:58 AM »
Anything special happen if you 1cc this on lunatic? I was going to after a really really long 2 hour game. Everythign was going smooth, I had patchy down to 1 hit from using her 2nd spellcard, I was nearly at full health on both characters...when.. well. I died.. So I rushed over to rez my ally, and died trying to.. had to continue *sobs*. I beat her, but not 1cc why goooood whyyyy.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »
I'm almost certain there's a stage 6/Extra.  Almost.  The ending really really hints at it.  It may have something to do with CP or 1cc, don't know for sure.  [Apparently you get something by clearing the game as all teams, too]

Anyway.  Best combo?  I've been playing Marisa & Patchouli, so...

Solo Combo:
Marisa: A, A, UpA, J, A, A, DownUpA, A
Patchy (Charge first two on distance only, no wall): [charge]A, [charge]A, [charge]A, [wait for bounce off wall], DownForwardA
Patchy (Target between you and wall, close): A, A, A, UpForwardA, DownForwardA

Best combo though for M/P seems to be a wallbounce combo... enemy between wall and Patchy...

Patchy: A, A, A, UpForwardA, DownForwardA, Switch
Marisa: Run up, A, A, UpA, J, DownUpA, A, Switch
Patchy: DownForwardA, Switch,
Marisa: Attack +_+

[Note: hard as heck to pull off full combo T.T Also, max length depends on Chapter, as max spells/attacks combo is 2+Chapter Number]

You can also use Patchy's DownForwardA and switch during it to lead into Marisa's basic combo or Marisa's laser, if you can't find a good way to get close to a boss.

So I rushed over to rez my ally
...Say what now?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:10:00 PM by Garlyle »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »
So I rushed over to rez my ally
...Say what now?
Pressing the Spellcard button when you're on top of your partner, when she's already defeated, spends half of your life bar and a whole Magic point to revive her. Supposedly, it almost mitigates the CP loss for getting one of your characters killed, and well, it's obvious that you're better off with two characters.

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2009, 03:58:07 AM »
Anyway.  Best combo?  I've been playing Marisa & Patchouli, so...
Just about all my combos have been solo, so...here's my three favorites.

Patchouli:
5AAA dash cancel repeat until out of points (forgot what they're called)

Marisa:
5AAA 8AA 5AAA 2A fly down repeat until out of points

Alice:
[5AAAA 28[A]] (x3) 5AAAA 28A dash repeat

Team combos usually just consist of me doing one of the above combos but ending prematurely with an attack that gets some distance (usually the last hit of 5A mashing, or 28A for Alice) then switch partners and start up their combo, or using Patchouli's bubble to temporarily put one boss on hold while bludgeoning the other with the other character (extremely useful in stage 4).

Drake

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 04:05:16 AM »
are you always playing on easy

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 04:20:24 AM »
are you always playing on easy
Lunatic, actually.

While the hitstun may be decreased, it's not decreased enough to the point where you can't do dash-canceled loops.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:28:25 AM by Esoterica »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2009, 05:25:46 AM »
I find that combos that are repeated using the same character do reduced damage after multiple iterations, but changes does not lower the damage.

For example Alice's regular doll-spam attack does 680 damage I seem to recall (or was it 604?). Using her down up move afterwards to smack the enemy into the ground/wall will then make it do somehting like 1004. however: attackspam->grab->attackspam->grab->attackspam->grab-attackspam->throw to wall doesn't do 604X4 + 324 damage.. instead it'll only do like 1670 damage. However a simple combo from one character, change, then the other often results in over 2000 damage.

I also cannot combo too many hits on lunatic regardless of how fast I'm attacking before the enemy gets a red shield. sometimes they shield in the middle of my regular attackspam, when I KNOW that it wasn't my fault. One time I've even seem them shield mid-patchy haduken. (the yellow wind that hits 25 times attack).

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »
...I just started playing this game last night. While I can barely do Easy with some competency, I'm gonna keep practicing to clear Normal eventually.

Also, my favorite thing about this game would have to be the soundtrack.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 05:05:35 PM »
...I just started playing this game last night. While I can barely do Easy with some competency, I'm gonna keep practicing to clear Normal eventually.

Also, my favorite thing about this game would have to be the soundtrack.

The intro to Patchy's theme is absolutely amazing <3

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 03:50:43 AM »
Cleared the game with Patch/Marisa on Lunatic a bit ago.

Oddly enough, stage 5-4's harder than Alice is.

Going to play through with Patch/Alice next.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 05:00:40 AM »

yeah stage 5-4 is a BISH on hard or lunatic. Those damn flying lightning tribbles are deadly as @%#@%. I find patchy to be harder still though.

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 05:47:54 AM »

yeah stage 5-4 is a BISH on hard or lunatic. Those damn flying lightning tribbles are deadly as @%#@%. I find patchy to be harder still though.
Much rage was had at that stage.  I was crying tears of joy when I was down to the gray slime-faced fuzzball, just to destroy it and SUDDENLY FOUR MORE LIGHTNING FUZZIES WITH A HERD OF WHITE ONES.  I still got past that part on my first try since I didn't have fairies and red fuzzies pestering me too, but I raged so hard when I saw it all spawning.

Unfortunately I'll probably never see the Patch fight, because I refuse to use a team that doesn't have her in it.  What a shame, I thought her cards looked the most fun too.

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2009, 09:13:12 PM »
I raged HARD at the
Spoiler:
Remilia & Flandre
battle. went into it without continuing, then has to use bloody 2 of them to get through it.

Spoiler:
Chapter 5
was dissapointing though. much much easier than the last one (at least when
Spoiler:
Alice
was the boss)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:15:08 PM by Doomsday93 »

Drake

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the Scarlet Sisters aren't that bad? You usually get lots of time between attack openings to heal off your damage. First card is simple, second card is simple, third is just really annoying and requires massive use of Ambush, and the last is just a waiting game. Then again, I play on Normal.

Which by the way I just 1cc'ed.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 10:03:49 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the Scarlet Sisters aren't that bad? You usually get lots of time between attack openings to heal off your damage. First card is simple, second card is simple, third is just really annoying and requires massive use of Ambush, and the last is just a waiting game. Then again, I play on Normal.

yeah i love fighting the scarlets. they are pretty hard but very fun to fight against. I played Hard and it was rough but a good fight. As you said the first is pretty easy. When Flan targets you just switch to your other partner(she'll keep the targets on the original person) Second one isn't too bad just avoid Lavaetein and kill remi or avoid/predeict remi's path and kill Flan. 3rd tricky, mostly for remi's randomly moving about imo. last is a waiting game. but not too hard. just ambush someone in the middle and switch when they get there.
Easy but if you get hit by ANYTHING it hurts a lot haha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2009, 11:26:34 PM »

Scarlets are terrifying on lunatic, but only really on card 3.

Third card...oh my god, this card is hell.  I raged so many times at this one, Remi's bat swarm easily takes out 60% of your health if you so much as clip it and is too dense to fly through completely with anyone but Marisa.  Flandre's attacks aren't bad at least, but she doesn't stay vulnerable very long after taking out the clones, and Remi likes to start homing after you after you crack Flan over the head once.  Best strategy I've found is to stick to the top of the screen and use Patchouli's bubble to put combos on hold when Remilia starts getting too close for comfort.

The other three cards are simple to dodge, but if Remi bodyslams you on card 2 it can potentially be an autokill, though that shouldn't happen after you get her flight patterns down.

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2009, 02:35:49 AM »

Well, I didn't die to them, but my first attempt on them was just under 16 minutes, because they openings are a lot less frequent and more protected than the previous bosses (however, that aspect also makes it the battle I most enjoy).  Second attempt cut it to within 6 minutes.

Also, for their final card, I think you can end it early if you can hit them enough while they're flying around.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:38:16 AM by LiteYear »