Author Topic: Mystical Chain  (Read 24161 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Mystical Chain
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »
Anybody a fan of this game (or trial rather). I hear it's supposed to be out this Comiket (so I guess it's out already). I've only just recently discovered it and I must say it really looks like a winner.

I'd appreciate any advice from people with more experience than me with this game, or a mini-translation from someone who can understand Japanese.

1: what are the Japanese words next to the character select rankings with the stars? I imagine the one that Marissa is #1 in is move speed since she's obviously the fastest. But I can't figure out the other two. Range might be one I guess, not sure.

2: I can swear master spark took 2 bars of power instead of 1 before, but it missed so I didn't see any bonus damage (was my first time using it, I really didn't expect it to shoot up lol)

3: Any ideal combos people suggest that I wont list below would be appreciated, as well as any sites regarding this game that is in english (doubtful I know).

ANYWAY, in case someone is even more noob than me in this game I'll try and describe what I've learned so far:

Marissa:
Supermove: Master spark...DUH! Be aware that it shoots 45 degrees up however. If you're in midair, it will shoot 45 degrees down. I don't think it's possible to shoot straight. Hits for 1800 damage I think (per target nailed). I swear I've had this consume 2 bars of power before, but only once, and I couldn't replicate it. I don't know if there's a way to make it a bigger meaner spark or what.

attack combo:
hit 1: pokes enemy with broom
hit 2: pokes enemy with broom again
hit 3: smacks enemy with broom
hit 4 -> up: uppercuts enemy with broom, launching them up
       -> forward/null: smacks enemy with broom across the room...
       -> down: overhead smacks enemy with broom, better than up imo for launching enemy up when they are already on the ground (they'll bounce off..doesn't launch as high but allows you easier access to combo them further).

down->forward: shoots a laser (not master spark) forward for 25 hits I think. Does decent damage, pierces thru enemies.

up-> forward: throws a grenade that blows up on contact with the ground ONLY (it will fly past enemies harmlessly), explosion hurts enemies if they are near.

down->up: rides her broom in a corkscrew mostly up but forward a bit too, will hit enemy 16 times I think. Excellent move to do after launching an enemy with your 4 hit combo. Hold on to the attack move while doing this to finish off with a overhead smack with the broom back down to the ground after

Alice
note, I do NOT know Alice or Patchy nearly as well as Marissa (whom I probably don't know well either).

Supermove: Throws a doll forward, if it connects, it will launch the enemy in the air, and piledrive them down for slightly more damage than master spark.. HAX! I only think it hits one enemy ever though.

I don't know how many hits regular combo:
shoots dolls holding lances forward hitting the enemy, I don't know how many times you push attack for the end of the combo, seemed like 8ish. I'm not sure, I forget. But I believe down+hold attack also made a doll charge along the ground forward and trample enemies for good damage. While up+hold attack made one smack an enemy over the head with a barrel, comboable with a 2nd attack making a spring burst out of the barrel launching an enemy up.

down->forward: Shoots a doll forward a bit, where it waits for an enemy to come nearby, at which point it will spin and damage them. You may do this multiple times, including in the same area. toss 20 dolls in 1 spot and watch an enemy run past them for the lulz.

up->forward: holds out a wooden featureless doll. If it hits an enemy, Alice will hammer the doll (and the enemy. yes, with an actual hammer) 8ish times. Press attack during the hammering to strike additional times

down->up: I think this was the combo, i'm not sure. But regardless, some move or another makes Alice  point forward (like her regular attack when she points and a doll lunges forward with a lance)...Only without a doll. It doesn't seem to do anything. Even if you poke the enemy with her finger, nothing happens. I really don't know what this does. I THINK it might have to do with some weird telekinetic attack where she waves her hands around and the enemy flies across the room smacking into walls and such accordingly. But I cannot seem to replicate that affect with this move, nor can I seem to do that move at all without just button mashing randomly so hard I don't know wtf I pushed.

Patchy:
Supermove: Circle appears underneath, and...uhh...... I don't want to say lasers because they aren't. But laser-like thingies fly out of the circle up into the air hitting the enemy. Sometimes if I mash the supermove button, at the end she'll re-do the spell again, only with a bigger circle and more laser thingies, without actually consuming any more power. This is the weakest move of the 3 it seems (even if she does the doubled one)

basic attack combo:
1: shoots 6ish pink magic-missle thingies forward across approximately half the screen...These are very rapid and do not require you pushing attack 6 times at all.
2: opens her book and has a gear-thingie spin foward grinding the enemy for several hits.
3: shoots a last pink-magic-missle which flies faster, further (across the screen), and harder. Holding up or down will make it angle accordingly about 15 degrees.

holding up and attack will make her jump up and make a wind-ripple thingie launch nearby enemies with her, I haven't quite figured out how to do this over her final magic missle attack.

holding down and attack will make the earth next to her spike up and launch enemies, push again and a 2nd set of earth spikes will appear. As above, I haven't figured out what is required to do this instead of the final magic missle attack thingie.

down->up: Seems like her best move if used properly...Which I cannot do. Shoots about 12 large wisp bullet missles around Patchy in a circle. At which point they will either fly off across the screen (which sucks), or home in and wtfpwn some poor enemy (which owns). They generally home in on enemies close to patchy. But I swear I've seen a video of this guy managing to make them home in on some enemy across the screen, I have not replicated this once. It also seems like I cannot cast this move EVER unless I'm not currently in any sort of a combo...Which sucks. The same video I saw with them homing in on an enemy featured the guy making good use of this move by using it DURING combos.. How the heck. I don't know, please tell me

down->forward: makes a thick vertical column of light (it travels from the very top of the entire screen to the bottom) appear about 1/3 of the screen in front of patchy hit any enemies in it for 25 hits. Pretty much a guaranteed S rank on chain for the level if you can hit multiple enemies with this move....which is easy. You can combo this after your standard combo for an even bigger combo. I believe the distance the beam appears away from patchy will adjust accordingly when used mid-combo so that it will continue to hit whatever you were hitting before. I don't think it adjusts further away ever though.

up->forward: Tosses a bubble forward, if it hits an enemy it will expand and engulf them. Making them unable to move and float up for for awhile. It bursts when hit. I don't know if bursting it deals additional damage.

It IS possible to change characters mid-combo and attack lengthening the combo. I'm too noob to do this without button mashing still however. Working on that.

So once again please add additional info if anybody knows any >=).

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Mystical Chain
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »
If we want to get technical, Marisa's super is Final Spark, Alice's is Return Inanimateness and Patchy's Silent Selene. About the second wave of Silent Selene, I'm pretty sure it's based on the position of the enemy, if it hits any. I mean this, because I've been able to spawn it consistently.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 11:33:11 PM »
Wait... Full version's out already?

Alice's DU move seems to pull an attacked enemy back toward Alice.  I haven't touched it in a while though, so I might be wrong.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 11:55:33 PM »
Alice's DU move seems to pull an attacked enemy back toward Alice.
It does that when you hold the button. If you not, it slams it into a wall.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
Wait... Full version's out already?

Alice's DU move seems to pull an attacked enemy back toward Alice.  I haven't touched it in a while though, so I might be wrong.

I believe the full version was supposed to be out this Comiket (which is now over), along with exceed 3rd black package which I desperately need (must have the first hard mode full clear video of that on youtube. muuuust). However, I haven't heard about ANY games actually being released this Comiket (despite many that were supposed to) other than UFO, that Fighting game Touhou and "Touhouvania".

Does anybody at all have any more recent info regarding mystical chain (and perhaps exceed)?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 12:11:19 AM »
Does anybody at all have any more recent info regarding mystical chain (and perhaps exceed)?
Well, the official site does have a couple of pics of the full version bosses and the boxart, so it has to be out.
I'm really amazed how low this game passed (Sure, it was due to UFO and UNL, but still, I remember there was a lot of hype for this, me included).

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 12:26:42 AM »
Questions about this game if you guys know please.. Ones I forgot to ask earlier I mean:

1: wtf is up with the 1-5/3-5 thingie near your spellcard meter bar thingie? 1-5 out of 3-5 what? normally it's at 4/4 for me, and sometimes I see it go down to 1/4 but often goes straight back up to 4/4 again in seconds. I also notice this number is the number of wisp thingies that surround your circle thingie that surrounds your character, but I don't know what they do other than decorate.

Also is there any importance to the "coupling meter" at the end of each stage? how about the S-E ranks of each catagory? What are gems for? What is the exact mechanic for getting as many as possible, big chains I think but not sure.

edit: while searching for news on mystical chain via google I found this thread (on these forums)
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=407.0..

Strange since before creating a thread for this game I made sure I used the search function so I wouldn't create a new topic about something that already had one of its own.. doh.

I did NOT know about ambush mode though, or rezzing fallen allies. noiiice.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:47:02 AM by Ghaleon »

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 03:56:16 AM »
Yuyuko & Youmu

Damn, that looks great.
Based on the damage the guy was taking on hits, I rekon that was only easy or normal difficulty.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 04:18:41 AM »
Questions about this game if you guys know please.. Ones I forgot to ask earlier I mean:

1: wtf is up with the 1-5/3-5 thingie near your spellcard meter bar thingie? 1-5 out of 3-5 what? normally it's at 4/4 for me, and sometimes I see it go down to 1/4 but often goes straight back up to 4/4 again in seconds. I also notice this number is the number of wisp thingies that surround your circle thingie that surrounds your character, but I don't know what they do other than decorate.
Those indicate how many times you can switch between your two partners.  They'll recover if you aren't attacking for a short time, and (obviously) decrease when you swap back and forth.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 04:26:35 AM »

Those indicate how many times you can switch between your two partners.  They'll recover if you aren't attacking for a short time, and (obviously) decrease when you swap back and forth.

AHHHH!!! thank you very much. I rekon cooperation score "level up" thingies increase this value too.

edit: thanks for nothing you liar (not serious)...But thanks for trying anyway. Or maybe Gradius is the false one. Seriously though, thanks, it was driving me nuts trying to figure that out. Figuring out which between the two will be simple though now that I know what to look for.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:18:23 AM by Ghaleon »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 04:42:30 AM »
AHHHH!!! thank you very much. I rekon cooperation score "level up" thingies increase this value too.
Not really. Coupling only affects the point value of gems.
Normally you get 3 CP. I think Marisa gives another CP, and you get an extra one every stage (As in, each killed boss boosts your CP by 1).

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 08:05:18 AM »
The number by the spell meter (and the circling orbs) is how many specials you can do, not how many switches (of which you get infinite). Specials being down-toward, up-toward, and down-up moves. Any "switch cancels" you do during a successful hit will also cost 1 orb, although regular switches don't cost anything.

Disregard that I ⑨.

That number will turn red if you switch or set ambush mode. If it is red, you cannot switch or set ambush until it turns blue again.

Finally, if you use up all your specials, your partner will come out of ambush if they're in it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:58:10 AM by Gradiusfreak »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 09:03:50 AM »
So that's why it didn't seem like the demo in that above battle.

It worked that way in the demo, so eh.

And if they did release a full version, it has to be the rarest of the games released this year, considering the almost complete lack of stuff.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:06:03 AM by I.P.D. »

Move eternally forward,

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 09:18:06 AM »
So that's why it didn't seem like the demo in that above battle.

It worked that way in the demo, so eh.

And if they did release a full version, it has to be the rarest of the games released this year, considering the almost complete lack of stuff.

Finding any info on any games whatsoever other than UFO, SWR expansion, and Touhouvania is nearly impossible. Based on  some opinions I've read however, this is unusual for Comiket (this is the first Comiket that occured since I've been aware that doujin games or whatever have existed), I assume you would agree?

Gah, I was so looking forward to eXceed 3rd black package, and it got delayed (I wish they said something sooner those punks!), If I don't discover some cool non-Zun game soon imma have an early midlife crisis.

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 09:58:25 AM »
There's a video of the Remilia & Flandre battle up as well (although the player dies before the final attack).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:02:23 AM by LiteYear »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 01:31:16 PM »
I looked all over Akihabara today for this game and came up with nothing, which is really weird.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 01:48:26 PM »
I looked all over Akihabara today for this game and came up with nothing, which is really weird.

This. It seems it was a limited Comiket-only release, which sucks. No announcements about a store release yet either. =/

These guys need to urgently re-think their sales startegy. OR, it could be that this first batch of copies is buggy as hell so they are waiting to fix said bugs before a store release.

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 06:43:59 PM »
Yay for Remila and Flandre video. I wonder what difficulty that was on. The first attack looked really simple, but then I noticed flandre was actually attacking too with some sorta net-web stun thingie.

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 11:50:29 PM »
i was thinking that this was cancelled/delayed or something. good to know that it wasn't

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »
edit: thanks for nothing you liar (not serious)...But thanks for trying anyway. Or maybe Gradius is the false one. Seriously though, thanks, it was driving me nuts trying to figure that out. Figuring out which between the two will be simple though now that I know what to look for.

If you haven't already figured out from the Remi-Flan battle, Gradius got it correct for the full release.  If you're still playing the demo, then mine is correct.

One thing that really seemed strange in the Remi-Flan battle was that the player didn't bother switching unless it was to dump a Final Spark.  Wonder why that is.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 10:51:01 AM »
I don't think the player in that video knew much of what he was doing.
He doesn't attack when the circles go red and gets man handled quite a few times.
Or, I guess, loli handled in this case.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 10:34:31 PM »

if and when you ever do find it for sale, gimmie a price quote please. thinking of ordering it if ever possible ='(

I live in B.C. Canada if you need that to calculate shipping.

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »
Is it possible to save in this game?

It looks like you can go to certain levels during the character selections, but I got all the way past Youmu/Yuyuko and I can't seem to go straight to Stage 4.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:46:24 PM by nothing21 »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »

It looks like you can go to certain levels during the character selections, but I got all the way past Youmu/Yuyuko and I can't seem to go straight to Stage 4.
:parseerage:
Try using the other arrow keys.

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 07:57:26 PM »
Figured it out...

Looks like you have to get a game over for the game to record your progress.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 07:59:13 PM »

I'm sorry but we're going to have to get your address if you wish to continue posting on or reading these forums. This really has nothing to do with collectively mugging you for mystical chain, really.

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 12:51:05 AM »
I'm really bad at this game :<

Probably because I don't have the patience to wait inbetween attacks to strike. :V

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 02:44:15 AM »
right.. now to play it after exams.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 03:21:58 AM »