Author Topic: Touhou Smash Bros Project (Development & info thread)  (Read 161662 times)

Touhou Smash Bros Project (Development & info thread)
« on: June 05, 2014, 01:52:41 AM »
Hey I was once here before stating I had plans to make a Free Roam Zelda like Touhou game... Now I didn't exactly ever go through with that because I became a lot more busy with contests, but at least I made a pretty cool game, Glass Wing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leDDN_fYwCI

But anyway, what I do still have from said idea of a touhou fan game is the 3D models of a bunch of Touhou characters. Examples:

Now then, that brings me back to the title of this topic, that I plan to make a Touhou smash-bros style fighting game. And this time I actually will follow through with it. It won't come with all the Cool RPG things like story and dialogue, only The Touhou characters and Touhou themed stages, and Touhou music themes in 4 player battle action.

Also (in case you are wondering) I still do intend to make a Zelda OoT ish RPG that reimagines Gensokyo, but later.

So I'm asking on this topic, what you guys would want to see in this game. What characters would you like? Ideas for their movesets. What stages? Ideas for stage hazards pertaining to them. Stuff like that.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:18:21 AM by Helepolis »

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
Re: Touhou Smash Bros Project
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:50:55 AM »
Needs obligatory Captain Falcon-style Mokou.  And tanky-ass Yoshika.  And Miko, of course, can't have a fighting game without Miko.

For stages, a good hazard for a Bhava-Agra stage could be keystones randomly falling from above now and then?  If you don't make her playable, Flandre could make both a hilarious and terrifying one-hit KO hazard for a Scarlet Devil Mansion stage too.  For a few other stage ideas:

Dream Palace Mausoleum.  Possible hazard could be occasional Buddhist air raids with Murasa/Ichirin (whoever you don't make playable, if either) dropping anchors/brofists along the stage that players must dodge
Hakurei Shrine.  Probable hazard is the shrine collapsing on the center of the stage now and then, just to reconstruct itself later (think Luigi's Mansion in Brawl)
Hell of Blazing Fires.  This would pretty much be the equivalent to SSB series Brinstar
Makai.  This could be cool, if the miasma of Makai was applied as slowly dealing damage to all players over time.
Inside the Gap.  This could be like the Final Destination stage?

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
Huh, I was thinking about how this kind of thing would work pretty recently actually. For stages I vote for Soku's Underground Geyser Center/Nuclear Furnace - you can have occasional lava pillars that burst through the grille, or send everyone blasting upwards like in the last stage of Sanae vs. Suwako (before being gapped back to ground level). As for movesets...

Reimu
Slightly below-average weight, but can float like Peach and has multiple recovery options. Most of her attacks have low damage and pathetic knockback, but she can stay in the ring long enough to wear enemies down. Her Smash attacks have long animations which do not grant super armor, meaning she's left wide open if she fails to connect (in the words of Kasen, Reimu always screws up when she gets cocky).

Aerials
  • Neutral - Yin-Yang Orbs: Thrusts her palms outwards in a 大 stance and spins Yin-Yang Orbs around her to attack both left and right.
  • Side:
  • Up - Ascension Kick: Sends her upwards and a bit forwards, meaning it can be used as a recovery move. Has unusually high knockback for a Reimu move, but can be punished if used incorrectly.
  • Down: DIVE KICK! Looks like Dimensional Rift from SWR minus the teleporting.
Smash Attacks
  • Side - Yin-Yang Sanctifier Orb: Creates a giant orb of light in her palm that traps enemies in place for a moment, then blasts them away. Might also work as a Forward throw, I dunno.
  • Down - Evil-Sealing Circle: Reimu squats and twists her arm back, holding an ofuda. When the attack completes she slams it downwards and holds it for 1 or 2 seconds, damaging any nearby enemies in contact with the ground.
  • Up - Fantasy Seal: Creates orbs of light around Reimu that home in on enemies and explode. Can pass through platforms but not solid walls, and will detonate automatically after a short distance. While they allow Reimu to attack from unusual angles, they're easy to dodge and leave her completely helpless for a long time.
Specials
  • Neutral - Homing Amulet: Shoots three low-damage projectiles with homing properties. If the button is held down she'll charge up a Youkai Buster, which has a large hitbox and is decently powerful but lacks homing.
  • Side - Duplex Barrier: Creates a short-lived barrier that reflects some attacks, similar to Mario's Cape.
  • Up - Floating Wall Jump: Creates a barrier beneath her feet and kicks off it. The direction of the jump can be altered by holding a direction during its startup.
  • Down - Instant Dimensional Rift: Parry move similar to Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape, which causes her to teleport behind an enemy and attack them.
  • Final Smash - Fantasy Nature: Based on the Imperishable Night version, meaning it's essentially Sonic's Final Smash with a slower movement speed.
Throws
  • Forward:
  • Reverse - Persuasion Needle: Tosses the enemy backwards, then summons Yin-Yang Orbs  to barrage them with Persuasion Needles at point-blank range.
  • Up - Sky-Conqering Wind God Kick: Unleashes a chain of Ascension Kicks.
  • Down:
I've got more, but I wanted to keep the wall-of-text levels down. :V
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:09:04 AM by Prime32 »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
I posted this on smashboards back in 2011, but my idea didn't get approved. Hopefully it will here.

The character I want is Nue. Here are her smash attacks:

EXPLANATION

Neutral Smash: Nue fires a single red ufo that moves forward in a helical/wavy pattern, similar to the "wave beam" from Super Metroid.

Side Smash: Nue fires two green ufos, which travel a short distance forward then arc behind her, one slightly above and one below, similar to "spinning blade" from Mega Man x3.

Down Smash: Nue creates a blue ufo barrier composed of three ufos that encircles her and keeps protecting from the enemies and from projectiles for a short duration. Afterwards, the 3 ufos returns to her. It's not possible to use it frequently, though. After being used once, she has to wait for a bit in order to create another barrier, preventing spam. (the shield works like plant barrier from Mega Man 6)

Up Smash: Nue basically does the same thing as Sheik's vanish. The difference is that the smoke is very black and it's slightly bigger than Sheik's, and she can travel the same distance as Zelda's Farore Wind.

Final Smash: Nue fires the 4 symbols of the Playstation joystick (triangle, square, circle and cross). The symbols are big and travel in a circling pattern similar to Magikoopa's spell on Super Mario World. The attack travels slowly and once it hits a character, it traps him/her causing massive damage, similar to Ho-Oh's sacred fire. Any other character that comes in contact with the attack will keep taking damage while trapped and unable to escape.

Not really sure what she would do for normal attacks, but I guess she'd use her trident a lot, and maybe her snake as a whip. And yes, those sprites are edited from New Super Marisa Land. :V
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:50:46 PM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
@ UnendingEmpire I can see those working. Though I had another idea for Blazing Hell:

I was thinking of a mechanically different stage then the normal Smash Bros Arena: It would be in the shape of an inescapable half circle with a big sun above in the middle. And you loose a stock if you touch it.

@Prime32 Oh go on and write your walls of text, more detail is better. and everyone please do tell your ideas for move sets!

by the way, I was thinking of the incorporation of some elements that are not actually part of Smash bros to really let the touhou spin take its path: Spell cards.

Remember how in Smash Bros you can charge up your smash attacks, but there is really never any reason to do it? Well I'm thinking that in this game, a fully charged smash is a spell card. It'll be used to give this game it's bullet hell antics.

Also final Smash's will work differently than in SSBB, the way it works is that you can do it anytime you want, but you can only do it once per game. And there are 3 kinds of final smashes and that depends on your character.

1) Ones that make you invincible, These are weak ones.
2) Ones that make you hurt able but with super armor These are strong ones.
3) Ones that offer no protection and will end if you are interrupted.  These are very strong ones.

Also some times characters will have more than 4 special moves, the way that works is that sometimes the attack will be different depending on if they are in the air or on the ground. I was thinking, for example, That Sakuya's Down B on the ground would be counter, but in the air it would be card teleport.

Another thing to note is that Apart from fully charged smash attacks, final smashes, special moves, and some throws, all attacks will be melee attacks.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 03:02:15 PM »
This project looks like it has a lot of potential!
If you decide to make Flandre playable, then I have some ideas for her.
Smashes
Side Smash- Flandre does a big hit with her hands similar to Remilias 6A from Soku.
Side Smash Full Charge(L?vateinn) - Flandre takes out L?vateinn and swings it in front of her doing massive damage to anyone in the way.
Up Smash- Flandre does an uppercut to send them flying into the air.
Up Smash Full Charge(Kagome-Kagome) -Flandre does the same uppercut, but she then traps them and fires bullets at the trapped opponent
Down Smash- Flandre slashes at the ground on both sides of her.
Down Smash Full Charge(Starbow Break)-Flandre fires out 8 different colered lasers on each side of her, 4 on the right and 4 on the left. They travel at different angles.
The first two travel straight.
The next two travel at a 25 degree angle.
The next two at a 50 degree angle.
The last two at a 75 degree angle.
Final Smash(And Then Will There Be None?)- Flandre charges up for a couple of seconds. When fully charged, she will release a short range circle that freezes whoever gets caught in it. Flandre then disappears and starts hitting everyone that got caught with a lot of attacks. Flandre then Reappears and causes an explosion inside the field making everyone inside it go flying. This Final Smash would do massive damage, but it doesn't hit anyone outside of the field and you can interrupt Flandre when she is charging by hitting her enough.
Specials
Neutral-
Side-
Up-Flandre spins in a circle with the L?vateinn while heading upwards.
Down-
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »
Remember how in Smash Bros you can charge up your smash attacks, but there is really never any reason to do it?
There... isn't? :wat: Maybe it's a bad idea when you're playing against pros or something, but it's a pretty significant damage boost and helps with timing.
Also final Smash's will work differently than in SSBB, the way it works is that you can do it anytime you want, but you can only do it once per game.
Why wouldn't everyone just use them right away? :wat:
And there are 3 kinds of final smashes and that depends on your character.
I worry that this makes things too complicated. A big part of the Smash Bros. feel is its accessibility, but here it would take a long time just to figure out what all your character's moves are.
Also some times characters will have more than 4 special moves, the way that works is that sometimes the attack will be different depending on if they are in the air or on the ground. I was thinking, for example, That Sakuya's Down B on the ground would be counter, but in the air it would be card teleport.
Likewise I'd advise against changing things too much - at least make it look like the same move being used in different ways, like how Thunderbolt and Falcon Kick have different properties in the air (in Sakuya's case it's fine... as long her counter involves teleportation).

@Prime32 Oh go on and write your walls of text, more detail is better. and everyone please do tell your ideas for move sets!
Have another character then:

Remilia
In some ways Remilia is reminiscent of Captain Falcon - fast and powerful, but anything stronger than a tilt attack is highly telegraphed and/or leaves her vulnerable afterwards. This weakness is magnified, however, by her low weight. Her roll/sidestep animations cause her to move a surprising distance but have long cooldowns; her air dodge (which turns her into a bat) lacks these properties and lasts longer than average. Remilia can wall jump and is also the only character who can wall cling - besides the normal methods her ranged grab and Up Special can be used to start a cling. The Scarlet Devil Mansion stage comes with plenty of vertical surfaces to make the most of this ability.

Smash Attacks
  • Side - Remilia Stretch: FALCON... SWIPE! Insane knockback and decent damage.
  • Up - Demon Lord Cradle: Remilia spins while launching herself upwards at a slight forward angle. Range is much shorter compared to the SWR move.
  • Down - Miserable Fate: Chains burst from the ground, continuously damaging nearby enemies. Not that strong for a smash attack, but has a large hitbox. The longer the attack is charged for, the longer the chains last.
Specials
  • Neutral - Servant Flier: Fires a slow-moving energy projectile shaped like a bat, or up to three bats if fully charged (though due to knockback it's difficult to hit the same target with multiple bats). If used in midair becomes Stigmatizer, which hurls an energy cross diagonally down and cannot be charged.
  • Side - Vampire Claw: Similar to Marth's Dancing Blade.
  • Up - Demon Lord Arrow: Similar to Fox+Falco's Up Specials, but does not inflict collision damage when charging. If it collides with a wall or ceiling then Remilia will start wall clinging. This move can be used while already wall clinging, in which case its startup animation is much faster.
  • Down -  Demon Lord Walk: Remilia pounces forward, similar to Yoshi's and Bowser's Down Specials. Fast startup, long cooldown. If used in midair she'll fly straight down similar to Ceiling Fear, with a longer startup but creating a shockwave on landing. Can also be used while wall clinging, in which case it has the startup and shockwave of the aerial version but the trajectory of the ground version.
  • Final Smash - Red the Nightless Castle: Creates a vertical pillar of light centred on Remilia. Other options would include Light Arrow Spear the Gungnir or even Millennium Vampire (grab an opponent and deal massive damage while healing Remilia back to full health).
Throws
  • Grab - Chain Gang: Shoots out an energy chain with decent reach. Can be used to wall cling.
  • Pummel - Vampire Kiss: Remilia bites her opponent. Unusually powerful for a pummel, and causes her to regain health.
  • Forward:
  • Reverse - Trickster Devil: Teleports behind the opponent and slashes them backwards.
  • Up - Rocket Kick Upper: Kicks a spear of energy that launches enemies diagonally.
  • Down:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:48:43 PM by Prime32 »

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
Sakuya
Combos, combos, combos. Sakuya is pretty much Sheik, but with a greater emphasis on ranged attacks and an extremely strange grab mechanic. All of her knife attacks move at different speeds, which aids in trapping enemies.

Aerials
  • Up - Close-up Magic: Creates two spinning knives to the left and right while moving slightly upwards.
Smash Attacks
  • Side - Inscribe Red Soul: A flurry of slashes with very long reach.
  • Up - Propelling Silver: Spins knives around her, inflicting damage to nearby enemies.
  • Down - Sense of Thrown Edge: Sakuya crouches; more and more knives materialise around her as long as the attack button is held, and shoot forwards when the button is released. Taking damage destroys the knives.
Specials
  • Neutral: Throws three knives in a narrow spread. Can be charged to increase speed and damage.
  • Side - Square Ricochet: Throws a single knife that can ricochet off walls twice, each time giving it increased knockback but reduced damage. Aimable.
  • Up - Misdirection: Throws a knife upwards, which spins in place for a moment then homes in on the nearest enemy.
  • Down -  Vanishing Everything: What Saijee said.
  • Final Smash - Private Square: Stops time for the entire stage. Sakuya's attacks become "sticky" in this state, only inflicting damage/knockback when the Final Smash ends. Knives and thrown items in particular will freeze in place in front of targets. Sakuya cannot grab enemies while time is frozen.
Throws
  • Grab - Luna Dial: Throws her stopwatch forward. If an enemy is within range it will become frozen in time; Sakuya will then move to float beside them and perform a Dio pose. Both combatants are unaffected by gravity while the grab lasts, and it's the only grab that can be used in midair.
  • Pummel: A knife appears in a random position near the target and fires itself at them.
  • Forward/Reverse - Killing Doll: Knives materialise around Sakuya and bombard the opponent, knocking them sideways.
  • Up - Silver Acute 360: Target becomes surrounded by knives, which fire inwards as the timestop ends. Upwards knockback.
  • Down - C. Ricochet: An intangible knife flies around the screen, before striking the target from above.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:39:07 PM by Prime32 »

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 03:15:10 AM »
Just to clear up stuffs:
There... isn't? :wat: Maybe it's a bad idea when you're playing against pros or something, but it's a pretty significant damage boost and helps with timing.
In the real games, yes charging up a smash can result in a big difference, if it lands, but hardly ever is it really worth going all the way, as your chances are of landing a hit are much greater if you time your release of the A button if you get a clear shot.
Why wouldn't everyone just use them right away? :wat:
Because they won't be very effective at killing at low damage. I'm thinking that in general these FiS attacks will work much more similar to actual SWR spell cards than SSBM FiS attacks. That is to say the best way to use them is when the best situation appears.
I worry that this makes things too complicated. A big part of the Smash Bros. feel is its accessibility, but here it would take a long time just to figure out what all your character's moves are.
Maybe, it's actually not all that much different from SSBM in this regard, it's not like all characters have 3 FiS attacks.
Likewise I'd advise against changing things too much - at least make it look like the same move being used in different ways, like how Thunderbolt and Falcon Kick have different properties in the air (in Sakuya's case it's fine... as long her counter involves teleportation).
Have you played the Brawl Hack, Project M? They make it work for the few characters they have it in effect for:
Charizards Down B is a HUGE jump to the sky, OR a quick way into glide mode.
ROB's Side B is that weird spinning attack OR a quick air boost in perfect horizontal movement.

Though do remember, I am not going to go crazy with this, I'm not going to give everybody 8 special moves or anything like that, it's just that sometimes  a character will have a command that does a different thing on the ground or in the air.

Also I like the ideas all y'all are putting out for stuffs, keep it up. Though I feel inclined to not participate in the actual discussion regarding my opinions on your ideas as I feel it would influence the kind of comments that get made.

You could say, in that regard, that I'm treating this kinda like a survey, and popular ideas are likely to affect my decision on the way things turn out.

And don't be afraid to put out an unpopular idea out there if you think it'd be interesting, becaues I might just put it in there because I though it looked cool when I imagined it.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 04:20:59 AM »
I made a large list of SSB movesets for the girls out of boredom, but it's not finished yet.  Hope you don't mind me posting it here...
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/538979/Touhou-SSB-rtf.html

And stages (incomplete as well):
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/538971/SSB-Touhou-stages-zip.html

Thoughts?

EDIT: Moveset file updated slightly.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:13:43 AM by game2011 »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 06:19:35 AM »
I've been playing around with the idea of a Smash Bros. Touhou game for some time lately.

The roster I had consisted of Reimu, Marisa, Cirno, Meiling, Sakuya, Youmu, Mystia, Reisen, Nitori, Sanae, Yuugi and Orin.

Stats-
Lightweights: Cirno, Youmu, Mystia, Orin (cat form)
Midlightweights: Youmu, Reisen, Orin ("human" form)
Midweights: Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Sanae
Midheavyweight: Meiling
Heavyweights: Yuugi, Nitori

As for movesets, I haven't been able to come up with one for all of them. So I'll just detail what I have in terms of general information.

Reimu
Entrance: Flies onto the stage, pulling out her gohei from inside her sleeve.
Icon: Yin-yang Orb

Neutral Special: Youkai Buster
-A charge move that allows Reimu to fire a flurry of glowing purple seals. Allow  the move to charge and Reimu can fire more seals at once.

Side Special: Yin-Yang Orb
-Reimu pulls out a Yin-Yang Orb and bats it with her gohei. When the orb hits an opponent, it will fall to the ground. Using this move again near the fallen orb will allow Reimu to bat it again. After a while, the orb will vanish.

Up Special: Ascension Kick
-A double flip kick that carries Reimu into the sky. The second hit is slightly stronger than the first if it connects to a foe.

Down Special: Consecration Talisman
-Reimu slaps down a seal below her. It becomes an indiscriminate trap, causing small damage to anyone who steps onto it with a small burst; even Reimu herself.

Marisa
Entrance: Flies in on her broom.
Icon: A witch's cap

Neutral Special: Luminary Shot
-Marisa fires star shaped bullets from her finger. This move can be charged for a rapid fire attack.

Side Special: Witch Leyline
-Marisa mounts her broom and charges the foe with a powerful rush. If it land successfully, this move can strike the opponent multiple times at once.

Up Special: Rising Sweep
-A recovery move where Marisa jumps, using her broom to perform a rising slash.

Down Special: Witching Blast
-Marisa handles her broom like a rifle and charges magic power at the tip. At the end of this charge, a magic missile is shot. The missile has decent range but fizzes out if it travels too far. The more it is allowed to charge, the longer it will last when shot.

Cirno
Entrance: Pops out of a snowman
Icon: Snowflake

Neutral Special: Cold Breath
-A simple move where Cirno breathes ice. The longer this is sustained, the weaker it becomes.

Side Special: Fairy Spin
-Cirno performs a spinning move that is able to trap foes for multiple hits.

Up Special: Fairy Upper
-A familiar yet icy uppercut attack (simply put, this is Cirno's version of a Shoryuken).

Down Special: Freeze Touch Me
-Cirno briefly surrounds herself with cold air to fend off direct attacks as well as projectiles. The attack causes some damage when performed and the ice left behind causes residual damage for a short while.

Meiling
Entrance: Appears sitting on a wooden chair, with her eyes closed; quickly gets up and assumes a battle ready pose.
Icon: A styled dragon

Neutral Special: Dragon Punch
-Meiling's fist glows with what appears to be blue flames as she unleashes a powerful punch. Strong but slow to start.

Side Special: Dragon Kick
-A flying kick that cloaks Meiling with chi.

Up Special: Colorful Dance
-A devastating recovery move where Meiling performs a spinning jump, surrounded by a whirlpool of rainbow colored chi. If anyone is caught, she will finish the jump with an uppercut.

Down Special: Tiger Energy
-Meiling shortly meditates to up her performance. She will glow with a faint yellowish-green aura once this move is successful; during this period, all of her attacks will receive a boost in power.

Youmu*
Entrance: Runs into battle and unsheathes a random sword.
Icon: Roukanken and Hakurouken

*While I have not been able to decide on  what to do for a moveset, I did think of Youmu's gameplay being centered around her use of either Roukanken or Hakurouken. Youmu's plays differently depending on which blade she is using. When using Roukanken, she is slightly slower, but her attacks are more powerful.. When using Hakurouken, she is faster but her attacks are slightly weaker. This also works in tandem with her Down Special move, Quick Draw, which utilizes a sword meter for the blade she isn't using. This meter fills over time as she battles. Once Youmu uses Quick Draw, not only can she swiftly exchange weapons, but she will also perform a damaging flourish if the meter is completely full.

Nitori
Entrance: Hovers to the ground with a set of propellers sticking out from her large backpack. When she lands the propeller retract into her bag.
Icon: A wrench

Neutral Special: Kappa Blaster
-Nitori whips out a special gun that shoots blue lasers. The faster the attack button is pressed, the more shots you can fire in succession.

Side Special: Junk Toss
-Nitori tosses out random junk items that cause varying amounts of damage. These items include (from weakest to strongest) a water balloon, a gear, a wrench, a soda can, a small robotic kappa, a hammer and a bomb

Up Special: Flying Kappa
-Propellers spout out from Nitori's backpack to help her fly. When using this move, she is able to hover for a short while and slowly descend.

Down Special: Optical Camo
-A counter move where Nitori will shortly activate a device to flicker out from sight. Any attack made on her during that moment will fail and Nitori will deal a sucker punch in retaliation.

Orin
Entrance: Jump onto the field in cat form, then changes to her "human" form. A soul soon accompanies her.
Icon: Skull

Neutral Special: Soul Shoot
-Orin will grab the soul that follows her and chuck it. Like other moves, this can be charged to deal slightly more damage. When thrown, the soul will quickly fly back to Orin's side.

Side Special: Blazing Wheel
-Orin curls herself into a ball and charges forward engulfed in flames.

Up Special: Cat's Walk
-Orin will pause in the air for a moment and rush in a guide direction. If she makes contact with a foe, she will pounce and cling onto them and bounce off.

Down Special: Transform
-Orin transforms into a cat. Her cat form is lighter and easier to KO, but she moves faster. The cat form can use the same special moves that Orin can in her "human" form, but they are slightly weaker.

For the moment, that is all I have. A few characters I have no completed movesets for so I have left them out (with the exception of Youmu, as she had a unique mechanic that I thought I should explain). The characters also had moves called Final Words, same as Final Smashes. Each and every one of them are custom attacks. Some of them are as follows:

Reimu
Phantasm Orb
- Reimu charges up spiritual energy and releases an immense glowing yin-yang orb above her head. The orb automatically fires bullets around itself. You can press and hold the attack button to allow the orb to charge energy and release a more powerful spray of bullets.

Marisa
Astral Dragon-
Marisa takes flight on her broom and zips off the stage, only to rush through engulfed by a huge mass of light energy in the shape of a dragon. As Marisa blasts through, you can  control the angle that she flies in. Areas that she hit will be engulfed in white flames.

Cirno
Perfect Winter-
Cirno assumes a pose and points her finger skyward as bullets in the shape of snowflakes rain down upon the arena causing great damage. They have a 30% chance of freezing anyone they hit.

Meiling
Hidden Lotus Dragon Technique-
An accuracy move where Meiling shoots an intimidating glare. If she catches someone in her sight, they will be stunned as she charges up fiery chi and hits the victim with a rushing straight punch that has a high chance of a one-hit-KO.

Reisen
Lunatic Cannon-
When activated, Reisen will equip a futuristic cannon gun, from which she fires a massive blast of red energy that can blow opponents off the screen.

Orin
Ghost City-
With a meow, Orin will cause a graveyard to appear on the stage, from which a myriad of spirits will materialize. They will begin to attack the other combatants by ramming into them. The spirits can be fended off with a few powerful attacks, though.

Nitori
Mecha Kappa Kappa Onslaught-
Nitori jets off and appears in a gigantic kappa robot equipped with an arsenal of different attacks. It will only stay around for a maximum of twenty seconds before it shuts down.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:30:10 PM by Savory »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 06:55:58 AM »
These are really old, but here are some old Smash Touhou idea threads. Characters, items, stages, general categorization, all sorts of stuff. See if you can find any inspiration here.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14502.msg958499.html
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,6865.msg409341.html

I posted a lot in one of them, but that was a long time ago. No recollection if they're actually good :V

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 12:56:01 PM »
Marisa
Danmaku's all about power! Marisa's moves are flashy, with high knockback but relatively low damage. Fitting her enthusiastic approach they tend to have fast startup times but long cooldowns, and thanks to the broom her melee has decent reach.

Standard
  • Dash: Flying Doombutt.
Aerials
  • Forward:
  • Reverse - Sweep Aside: Marisa holds out her broom and spins like a top. If you hold a direction then she will float in that direction.
  • Up:
  • Down - Bosky Sweeper: Similar to R.O.B.'s Down Aerial. Creates a downwards blast from her broom that propels her slightly upwards.
Smash Attacks
  • Side - Luminous Strike: Shoots a powerful energy projectile from her broom.
  • Up - Gravity Beat: Marisa stole this move from Snake. :o
  • Down - Orreries Sun: Multicolored orbs spin around Marisa for about 2 seconds, damaging enemies.
Specials
  • Neutral - Meteoric Debris: Shoots a star-shaped projectile in a straight line. If the button is held then she will fire continuously. I'd say Narrow Spark, but that could be hard to balance.
  • Side - Witch Leyline: One of those "charge up and ram" attacks like Skull Bash, Green Missile and Quick Draw, but can be aimed slightly up or down. Charging in midair will slow her fall speed.
  • Up - Miasma Sweep: Marisa is stealing moves from Mario now. :o
  • Down - Grand Stardust: An explosive flask that works like Ness's PK Fire; sends enemies flying straight upwards. Alternately Magical Reusable Bomb, which is more like Link's Bomb, but that probably works better as an item anyone can use.
  • Final Smash - Master Spark: Works like Zero Laser.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Suwako
Suwako  would be a character who has a unique play style. Her goal is to get Goddess Power which powers up her attacks and allows access to different smashes.
Aerials
Neutral- Multiple Kicks like Yoshis down air
Side- Suwako takes out an Iron Ring and spins it while going sideways.
Up- Makes a tree in Midair that propels Suwako up
Down-Stops all aerial momentum and drops straight down. After a little bit, you can jump or recover out of it. Acts as a meteor smash and if you hit the ground, some water bullets come out.
Smashes
Side- Makes a tree right in front of Suwako to send people into the air.
Side Smash Full Charge(Spring Sign "Moriya Clear Water") - Fires out a stream of water in front of her.
Up Smash- Makes a water column on both sides of her.
Up Smash Full Charge(Divine Instrument "Moriya's Iron Ring")- Jumps and fires 3 rings at a downward angle. The rings disappear after a little while or if Suwako gets hit.
Down Smash-Suwako causes a miniature earthquake near her.
Down Smash Full Charge(Party Start "2 bows, 2 Claps, 1 Bow") - Suwako goes underground and two large hands appear and smash whoever happens to be between them.
Final Smash-(Scourge God "Mishaguchi-sama")- Suwako releases a ring of energy that lasts for a couple of seconds. Anyone who is caught in it is frozen in place. Suwako then calls on Mishaguchi to attack the foes she captured. It doesn't hit anyone who is not caught.
Specials
Neutral- Suwako jumps and dives into the ground damaging any enemy she hits and any enemy who is close by. Can be used in the air
Side- Suwako calls a stone frog from underground and rides it forward a little bit.
Up- Suwako rises up while spinning a metal ring. Used as a recovery or an anti-air move.
Down(Air)- Calls a geyser which appears below her. She retains her ariel momentum when she uses this move.
Down- Suwako starts storing power. After some time passes, she gets 1 unit of Goddess Power. Goddess Power increases the strength of your normal attacks and reduces the amount of knockback you take. It also increases your speed by a little bit. When you have 3 units of power, you gain access to a different set of Full Charge Smashes and a New Final Smash if you haven't used it already. After you use a Smash with 3 units of power, your power returns back to 0.
Side Smash Full Charge 3 Stock(Spring Sign "Horrid River Jade")- Send out a torrential river filled with pieces of Jade through the battlefield.
Up Smash Full Charge 3 Stock(Frog Hunt "Snake Hears And Eats Frog")- Suwako calls a stone snake which appears right in front of her.
Down Smash Full Charge 3 Stock(Frog Nap "Can Always Hibernate")- Suwako goes into the ground and starts healing damage. The attack will stop when Suwako gets hit or when you heal 40 damage.
Final Smash 3 Stock(Couldn't think of a good name so I will Just call it End of Heaven :V)- Suwako starts charging for a bit and then jumps into the background. She can be interrupted while charging. Once Suwako goes into the background, an arrow will appear. This arrow is the safespot. After a couple of seconds in the background, stone snakes will appear everywhere but the safespot heading upwards. Opponents can throw or hit people into the stone snakes for damage. After a couple of seconds, the stone snakes disappear and Suwako returns to the battlefield.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:00:42 PM by KingofBaka »

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »
Yukari
Yukari is the big, slow and powerful type, but her attacks have low knockback which makes it harder to finish enemies off. In addition many of her moves need time to set up before they can be used, requiring you to plan ahead and figure out the best place to use them. Her roll animation involves gaps, giving it good range and the ability to pass through walls.

Standard
  • Down: A random road sign bursts from the ground in front of Yukari. Very tall hitbox and transcendant priority, making it a good anti-air move.
Aerials
  • Neutral - Ghostly Butterfly Hidden in Zen Temple: Spins like a buzzsaw, preserving existing momentum.
Smash Attacks
  • Side - Nest of Fireflies: Yukari sits back in midair while a group of white gaps appear behind her and fire projectiles.
  • Up - Eye of Changes: Snake-esque boobytrap. Creates a barely-visible vertical slit in space. If an enemy comes within range it will open into an eye and shoot a projectile with transcendant priority, then vanish. You can only have one eye at once.
  • Down - Flesh Dismantler: Disappears underground through a gap, then launches upwards as a buzzsaw similar to her Neutral Aerial. Holding left or right during the attack allows you to adjust where she reappears.
Specials
  • Neutral - Quadruple Barrier: A melee attack with charge mechanics similar to Donkey Kong's Giant Punch. A fully-charged attack has a large hitbox, suction properties and lasts for 2.5 seconds, during which it inflicts continuous damage and blocks attacks.
  • Side - Shikigami: Summons Chen (tilt) or Ran (smash) to spin at enemies. Chen travels in a bouncing arc with better range, while Ran travels in a straight line with better power. You cannot use this command again while a shikigami is already on the screen.
  • Up - Wings of the Chimera: Creates a gap in the background at her current position - once set it lasts until she is KO'd or performs a taunt. Entering the command again causes her to teleport to it.
  • Down - Ride the Waves, Fight the Ocean: Creates a gap that sucks up projectile attacks then releases them, much like Villager's Pocket move.
  • Final Smash - Trip to the Old Station: THE TRAIN. Passes through walls as if they weren't there - gaps will open on either side of the wall so it doesn't look like it's just clipping through.
Throws
  • Forward - Bound to the Grave: Sends debris out from a gap in a fan shape, knocking the target back.
  • Reverse:
  • Up: Yukari tosses the target down into a gap which transports them to the top of the screen. A resourceful Yukari player can use this move on allies to help them get in position.
  • Down - Lamented Box of Urashima: Drops debris on the target from nowhere.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 02:58:25 AM by Prime32 »

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 04:07:07 PM »
Prime32, we think alike for certain moves, don't we?

So what do people think of my movesets?

I'll post again whenever I make major updates.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:09:33 PM by game2011 »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 04:16:10 PM »
Suwako

Actually, I did come up with a standard moveset for Suwako. How's this?

Suwako
Entrance: Pops out of the ground.
Icon: Frog

Neutral Special:
Moriya Water
-Suwako charges up to shoot a stream of water from her mouth. If the attack is used prematurely, Suwako will only spray bubbles that can deal small damage. When allowed to charge, she will be able to spew a blast of water with considerable knockback and decent power. The charge can be saved for later use.

Side Special: Little Frog God
-Suwako removes her hat and a small water frog emerges from it. This frog will hop around the stage and cause damage to any opponent it touches. It is slow, however, and can be fended up with an attack. If the frog is left along long enough, it will vanish.

Up Special: Lily Pad Bounce
-A lily pad appears under Suwako, bouncing her up to great heights with amazing vertical recovery. This does not render Suwako helpless, but she will be unable to use any other special moves until she hits the ground.

Down Special: Native Scourge
-Suwako blows out a dark cloud of curse energy. The initial attack causes small damage but the cloud left  behind acts as poison and causes 1% of damage for every second the opponent makes contact with it.

Final Word:  Season of the Frog
-Suwako begins to croak melodically as frogs begin to appear on the stage and leap about, The frogs cause damage by contact and can slam into other opponents. They range from small blue frogs (weak and most common), to medium sized green frogs (slightly stronger, but less common) and larger golden frogs (powerful but rare). This attack has a duration of ten seconds before it expires.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »
A few more.

Tenshi
Entrance: Descends to the arena whilst sitting on a keystone.
Icon: Peach

Neutral Special: Red Temperament
-Tenshi starts charging energy in her Hisou sword to execute a powerful slash. The sword will go from orange to red while charging this attack. When fully charged, Tenshi will slam her sword down, causing an explosion of red energy. This move causes some recoil damage.

Side Special: Sword of Non-Perception
-Rushes forward with her Hisou sword held high. If the first blow hits, Tenshi finishes it with a second slash with added power.

Up Special: Celestial Slash
-Tenshi soars with the Hisou sword in hand, giving off a red aura. Enemies that are hit will become burned.

Down Special: Guarding Keystones
-Brings out four small keystones to circle Tenshi. This will protect him from any projectile fired at her. Using the button again will have her throw the shield in front of her.

Final Word: Scarlet Sky
-An accuracy move where Tenshi slashes her sword, sending everyone hit airborne. Once this happens, she points her sword upward to fire a mass of red energy at her victims. This move is powerful enough to ensure a KO.

-

Mononobe no Futo
Entrance: Rides in on the Ame-no-Iwafune boat
Icon: A plate

Neutral Special: Kawarake Throw*
-Futo tosses out a plate like a frisbee. This is a chargeable move; when thrown normally it will break when it strikes an obstacle. But if charged, it will hit multiple times before it breaks.

*Futo will have a plate meter above her icon that works with this move. The more plates that are broken, the more this meter fills. Her power will steadily grow based this. When the meter is full, Futo will be at her max power.

Side Special: Star Dragon Bow
-Futo readies a bow and fires an arrow of light. This can also be charged to add power to the arrow. If the arrow is at the peak of its charge, you will perform a spread shot.

Up Special: Carrying Winds
-A whirlwind is formed under Futo as she takes flight. This wind can catch and rapidly damage any one she touches.

Down Special: Holy Fire
-Futo shoots a fireball from her sleeve in the direction she is facing. This attack can be charged as well to affect the size and power of the flame.

Final Word: Grave Misfortune
-Futo uses feng shui to create a large circular field about herself that severely weakens anyone inside of it, causing them to be sluggish. While in this space, her power gets a tremendous boost and her stronger moves can KO. This field only lasts fifteen seconds.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:58:33 PM by Savory »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 08:21:48 PM »
Utsuho
Entrance: Appears from a small explosion.
Icon: Nuclear hazard symbol

Neutral Special: Hell Wave Cannon
-Utsuho starts to charge nuclear energy in her Third Leg, as a condensed orb, which she can store for later use. The orb increases in size as it is charged and deals more damage the bigger it is allowed to grow.

Side Special: Yatagarasu Dive
-Utsuho glows with energy and charges at the foe. This attack boasts considerable knockback and leaves a burning aftereffect that can still damage on contact.

Up Special: Rocket Dive
-Utusho gathers energy to propel herself in a given direction. Like Yatagarasu Drive, this move leaves a burning aftereffect on Okuu that slightly damages anyone who touches her.

Down Special: Flare Up
-Releases a blast of nuclear energy upward in a helix formation, causing damage to nearby opponents as they are carried into the air.

Final Word: Overheated Nuclear Rampage
-Utsuho begins to overheat and takes flight. She can be controlled and can fire powerful shots. When the attack ends, Utusho explodes and falls, becoming helpless. The ending explosion deals significant damage.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 09:11:10 PM »
So... Miko in HM gets boosts/penalties based on her popularity. Smash Bros. does have a popularity mechanic of sorts, but... eh. I figure she could just have Tenfold Listening as a taunt with a long animation that boosts it one level. In any case she'd start the match with the purple cape, but always respawn with a blue cape if KO'd.

Enough of the father, on to the daughter:

Kokoro
The Pok?mon Trainer equivalent, Kokoro can switch between three masks via her Down Special, which are displayed both on her model and in her portrait at the bottom of the screen (and change the colours of her attack trails/projectiles just to make it more visible). Each mask modifies the properties of some of her attacks and grants her different specials. Kokoro begins the match unmasked, making most of her specials unavailable (lol development gags) - she'll generally want to leave this state as soon as possible. As a character debuting in an aerial fighting game she has pretty good aerials, as well as good wavedash potential. As a performer she tends to have slow but powerful attack animations.

General Mask Effects
  • None: Attack trails and projectiles are white.
  • Joy/Taoism: Attack trails and projectiles are green. Projectiles are smaller but faster, both in travel speed and cooldown. Kokoro herself has a slightly faster movement speed, and her dash animation has a faster startup.
  • Anger/Buddhism: Attack trails and projectiles are red. Some of her melee attacks now have an extra hit, more power or better knockback angles. Kokoro's weight increases, affecting her jump distance, fall speed and knockback resistance, but this form also comes with her best third jump.
  • Melancholy/Shinto: Attack trails and projectiles are blue. Projectiles gain homing properties. Kokoro becomes floatier, enough to compensate for her lack of a third jump.
Standard
  • Forward: Kokoro swings her fan, sending out a dense spray of energy balls that quickly vanish (they don't count as projectiles for reflector moves). Great reach, but hitting with the fan itself inflicts more damage and can break shields.
  • Taunt: Launches her current mask (aimable), stunning anything it hits and inflicting an elemental effect depending on the mask. The Joy mask has upward knockback, Anger has forward and Melancholy has downward. Reverts Kokoro to maskless state.
Aerials
  • Neutral: A forwards attack that becomes omnidirectional in Shinto mode.
  • Down: As her Forward tilt, but swings the fan downwards. The fan itself can deliver a meteor smash, which becomes a spike in Buddhist mode.
Smash Attacks
  • Side: Swipe with her naginata.
  • Up:
  • Down - Four Humors Possession: An omnidirectional blast with different effects based on her current mask.
Specials
  • Neutral: Shoots a will-o-wisp forward. Holding the button causes it to charge up a larger energy ball (Joy), to charge up a barrage of balls (Anger), or to fire continuously (Melancholy or unmasked). Holding the button in midair causes Kokoro to keep facing the same direction even while moving backwards.
  • Side (Joy) - Delighted Lion Mask: Kokoro breathes fire at a slight downwards angle. If performed in midair it comes out at 45 degrees, slows her fall, and can be adjusted up and down while attacking, but leaves her helpless afterwards.
  • Side (Anger) - Shouting Giant Spider Mask : Kokoro shoots out webs to perform a long-range grab that doubles as a tether recovery.
  • Side (Melancholy) - Melancholic Ogress Mask: Throws a homing mask which returns to her like a boomerang, dealing damage both times.
  • Up (Joy) - Enraptured Hyottoko Mask: A recovery move which sends Kokoro moving slowly upwards while launching fireworks to damage nearby enemies. Her trajectory can be aimed somewhat.
  • Up (Anger) - Roaring Youkai Fox Mask: Kokoro shoots diagonally upwards, surrounded by a damaging aura with a slight vacuum effect. Hits multiple times, and high knockback on the last hit. Is Kokoro's best recovery move in terms of sheer distance, but also somewhat predictable.
  • Up (Melancholy) - Sighing Okasabe Mask: Masks float around Kokoro, dealing damage to nearby enemies. The masks remain for a while after the move is complete.
  • Down - Kokoro Roulette: Kokoro glows in the colour of her active mask while all three masks spin around her, dealing damage. This attack lasts as long as the button is held, minimum 1.5 seconds, and after every 1.5 seconds Kokoro's active mask will change to the next in sequence.
  • Final Smash - Noh of Darkness: Kokoro rushes forward with a mask in her hand. If she hits an opponent she proceeds to cutscene them to death.
Throws
  • Forward - Men of Qi Fear the Earth: Creates a stream of energy in front of Kokoro that blasts upwards at a slight angle, knocking the target away horizontaly. In Buddhist mode the stream is more heavily angled, and the knockback angle tilts downwards.
  • Reverse:
  • Up:
  • Down:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:17:38 AM by Prime32 »

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 01:46:42 AM »
Wow you guys are really into this, there is a good amount of detail in a lot of your descriptions and that's awesome. By the way, feel free to tell me if it is similar to a move of a character from the actual smash games, it really helps me imagine it.

Also, the only 2 characters I'm going to confirm so far are the two in the OP, Tenshi and Sakuya . I'm going to be working on this project all year, and the first public playable build will have between 5 and 8 characters. I'm hoping to get that build of the game ready in December.  Depending on if it gets popular or not enough with the Touhou Community and/or Smash Community, the final version of the game will have 12-20 characters in the roster.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 03:00:24 AM »
Remilia

Entrance: Emerges from a swarm of bats
Icon: A bat

Neutral Special: Vampire Kiss
-Remilia makes a lunge at the opponent. If she makes her target, she will bite into them, recovering by a very small percentage before tossing them aside.

Side Special: Servant Flier
-Remilia stretches out her arm, summoning a magic circle to shoot bat shaped bullets. The bats travel a straight path normally, but they can be guided a little with the directional buttons.

Up Special: Demon Lord Cradle
-Remilia jumps into the sky, surrounded by red energy. Anyone caught in it suffers huge knockback. This move is quite fast and has extreme vertical recovery.

Down Special: Trickster Devil
-A crafty move that has Remilia fake out, only to dash behind the foe and slash them. This move is useful for avoiding most attacks, as she has invincibility frames as she slips around the opponent.

Final Word: Blood Moon
-Remilia lets out a shriek, as a red moon appears over the arena, giving her strength. For the next eighteen seconds, she moves a lot faster, deals more damage and knockback, and is mostly invincible.

-

Aya

Entrance: Jumps into the stage from the foreground
Icon: Maple fan

Neutral Special: Gust Kick
-Aya waves her fan to summon a small whirlwind in front of her.  The wind damages an opponent multiple times before dropping them.

Side Special: Domination Dash
-Aya charges forward shrouded in wind.

Up Special: Graceful Dash
-Uses the wind to dash in a given direction. Aya can perform this move twice in succession.

Down Special: Instashot
-Aya whips out a camera and snaps a picture. During this, a circular sight will appear in front of her. A character within this sight will be stunned once Aya takes her shot (the duration of the stun depends on percentage). This move will also dissipate projectiles. If successful, Aya will pump her fist in celebration.

Final Word: Grand Tengu Storm
-With her fan, Aya blows a massive cyclone across the arena. Opponents that are trapped will be launched sideways by the wind.

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 05:15:52 AM »
Maybell for Touhou Smash Bros
erm...as I was saying...

Guess I'll post a small moveslist suggestion for Miko.
Neutral Smash: How about a charging projectile attack like Samus has?  Just that it fires a laser beam instead of an energy ball.
Side Smash: Ya know that attack Miko has in HM where she summons the three swords?  Why not do that, with the swords aligning upwards when on the ground, and downwards when airborne?
Up Smash: Meta Knight-style teleporting, complete with being able to attack right out of it like MK himself.  May need some distance though; that move was just awful for recovery in SSBB.
Down Smash: A Marth-style counter.  Nothing special.
Final Smash: PK Starstorm Let's reference her final spellcard in TD by dropping a rain of danmaku from the top of the screen.

tried Glass Wing by the way.  Stuck ridiculously early in, but I'll be damned if I'm not determined to figure out what I'm doing wrong; really enjoyable

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 02:10:06 PM »
Prime32, we think alike for certain moves, don't we?

So what do people think of my movesets?

I'll post again whenever I make major updates.
Mostly I approve. And not just because of the overlap; I didn't write a lot of standard moves. :V I was considering a "throw the Yin-Yang Orb" move for Reimu, but I figured it could just become an item that works like the Soccer Ball. I like most of your Cirno, but I'd change how Icicle Machine Gun works and give her a mechanic inspired by Great Fairy Wars:

Cirno
Cirno is a lightweight but makes up for it with a tiny hitbox, good aerials and a Kirby-style quintuple jump. All of her attacks have low damage - most of her moveset focuses on spamming multiple consecutive hits, while her smash attacks have surprisingly powerful knockback.

Standard
  • Side - Ice Charge: Tackles forward with an icy aura.
  • Dash: Rolls a snowball forward.
Aerials
  • Neutral - Ice Tornado: Spins like a top while wreathed in cold energy. Leaves her helpless afterwards.
  • Down - Ice Kick: Diagonal dive kick which cannot be cancelled - it lasts until Cirno collides with something, and then leaves her stunned. Like a bizarro version of Luigi's Super Jump Punch, if sweetspotted it becomes a Super Ice Kick that deals high damage and freezing.
Smash Attacks
  • Side - Frost Columns: Creates an ice stalagmite that launches enemies up, then shrinks into the ground again. If halfway charged then creates a second icicle further away with a slight delay. Fully charging the attack adds a third icicle. The rising and falling motion resembles a Mexican wave.
  • Up - Little Iceberg: Cirno creates a block of ice above her head and throws it, inflicting damage and freezing.
  • Down - Great Crusher: Swings down a huge mallet to deliver a meteor smash with very fast startup. At maximum charge it also inflicts freezing, making it essentially a OHKO if used correctly.
Specials
  • Neutral - Icicle Machine Gun: Similar to Fox's Blaster in Melee. Cirno shoots a stream of three icicles one after the other, each dealing 1% damage and zero knockback, and it can be spammed for an insane rate of fire.
  • Side:
  • Up - Sword Freezer: Cirno spins vertically with an ice sword, launching her up into the air. Can hit multiple times.
  • Down - Perfect Freeze: Works like the solo version of the Ice Climbers' Down Special, but lasts longer if the button is held. It also has the ability to freeze projectiles and regain HP from them, which works like Lucas's PSI Magnet (including turning around instantly if attacked from behind) except that it affects mainly physical attacks rather than energy-based ones.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 03:13:42 PM by Prime32 »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »
Wriggle

Entrance: Enters in with a Kamen-rider styled Wriggle Kick.
Icon: Firefly

Neutral Special: Nightbug Tornado
-Wriggle begins to spin at a high speed, slightly pulling in nearby opponents. They are trapped and damaged multiple times for the duration of this move. You can freely move around, even in the air, but be careful! Wriggle will become helpless once it ends.

Side Special: Hidden Bug
-Wriggle vanishes with a swarm of fireflies to quickly rush the opponent. Invincibility frames are granted at the start of the move. However, the rush attack cannot be canceled and will leave Wriggle helpless if used in mid-air.

Up Special: Firefly Phenomenon
-A teleportation move where Wriggle flips her cape, disappearing in a small flash of light, only to reappear in a guided direction from a swarm of fireflies. Wriggle's reappearance causes damage if she happens to touch someone coming in.

Down Special: Nightbug Storm
-Wriggle spins in place, extending her cape with her arms to strike opponents in her proximity. This move hits multiple times with an ending flourish that possesses decent knockback. Unlike Nightbug Tornado, you are stationary when using this move.

Final Word: Guiding Swarm
-Wriggle takes out a branch as a makeshift baton, and summons a horde of fireflies. These fireflies can be controlled by the directional buttons to attack other enemies on the arena.  Depending on where you guide the flies, Wriggle will point in that direction. The swarm will pick up speed the longer they fly in a consistent direction, giving them a good KO potential. They can also carry opponents off.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:56:23 PM by Savory »

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 12:05:29 AM »
Suika
Suika is a character who has to get in close to hit with most of her moves but once she is close, she can do massive damage to you in a short amount of time.
Aerials
Up- Tosses a chain up that can tether if you are close to the edge.
Down- Takes her gourd out and swings it in a downward angle. If the opponent is hit by the first part, the second part happens where there is a miniature explosion and the opponent is meteor smashed
Smashes
Side- Punches with her fist which causes 3 explosions appearing in a line.
Side Full Charge(Secret of Kings "3-Step Destruction")- Charges for a while, then unleashes a combo of 3 punches getting bigger between each punch. However, if this attack misses, the opponent gets a free attack in at you so be careful.
Up- Does an uppercut which sends 3 explosions at an upward angle.
Up Full Charge(Oni Sign "Missing Power")- Suika charges and then grows in size for a moment. Any person near her when she grows is sent up into the air.
Down- Pounds the ground and a fireball comes out and heads in the direction that Sukia was facing. The ground pond doesn't do damage though.
Down Full Charge(Drunk Sign "Art of Oni Binding")- Suika throws her chain out. If she grabs someone, she pulls them closer to her allowing Suika to get a couple of attacks in.
Final(Oni Sign "Massacre on Mt.Ooe")- Suika tries to grab whoever is in front of her. If it misses then she is left open to attacks while she recovers. If she grabs the opponent, she slams them 3 times into the stage. The first two times aren't special but the third time, she jumps really high into the air and slams the opponent causing an explosion which can also damage nearby opponents.
Specials
Neutral- Throws a fireball that bounces while going forward. If you charge it, you throw 3 fireballs. Can be used in the air.
Side- Does 2 straight punches and then can pick from 1 of 3 combo enders like marths side special.
S_Up- Does an uppercut into the air.
S_Neutral- Does rapid repeating punches ending in an explosive punch
S_Down- Does a sweep kick which knocks the opponent down.
Up-Spins her gourd around propelling her upwards. Can be used with the up aerial to make a good recovery if you are close to the edge.
Down- Makes a black hole that sucks opponents in for a limited amount of time
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:59:29 AM by KingofBaka »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 12:45:15 AM »
Hmm...maybe I could give it a shot with a standard set for Suika.

Suika
Entrance: Floats down as a mist and materializes.
Icon: Her gourd

Neutral Special:
Oni Spirit Bomb
-Suika gathers heat to create a fireball over her head. This move can be saved for later use.

Side Special: Mini-Suika
-Suika throw a horde of mini-Suikas at opponents. The mini-Suikas cling to foes, slowing them down; they're not very strong, however, and can be removed with basic attacks.

Up Special: Super Oni Jump
-Suika jumps extremely high, then crashes down, causing a shockwave around her. If Suika hits a foe on her way down, they are spiked. Suika can also damage opponents at the start of the jump.

Down Special: Gathering Oni
-Creates a black hole in front of her that sucks in projectile attacks. Once a projectile is absorbed, using the move again will shoot it out at an opponent.

Final Word: Complete Massacre
-Suika grabs in front of her. If she manages to catch someone, she will grapple them and violently thrash them about, before slamming them down a final time. A wickedly powerful technique that is sure to KO!

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 01:51:09 AM »
Hello, i am Kyouma from the forums kc-mm; I make Super Smash Bros Brawl hacks and I have imported tons of Touhou models
You can see them there: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=19885
And I will support this project on any way as its on my possibilities

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 04:45:19 AM »
You mean like Hououin Kyouma? That's cool. I am literally only starting just now on this project. Apart from a few character models that I made and intend to use. I did the entire cast of EoSD: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/342/9/8/same_pick_but_better_spaced_for_moniters_by_saijeehiguchi-d6x8yn4.png
Nitori: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/356/2/0/nitori_model_by_saijeehiguchi-d6yzjmm.png
And as you know, Tenshi.

Mind you, while all of these characters in some shape or for are definitely going to be used in the game it does not affect the roster of playable characters. However should they be playable, these are the designs they will use.

This is a project that I am extremely determined to do and I currently have it as top priority, even over college education.

As soon as I get a good amount of development in the game that it's worth showing actual dev progress I'll start regularly posting youtube videos about it. If you want to help out, when that time comes, be sure to show those videos to anyone and everyone you think would love any of the following concepts:
1) Another Touhou Fighter Game
2) A 3D Touhou Fan Game
3) A Smash Bros Clone
4) And of course: Touhou as Smash Bros.

The more that I see people talking about this project, the more inspired I am to make sure this game comes out in it's fullest form.

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 05:09:25 AM »
I would love it if the faces are more anime-like.  They look kind of creepy, especially the eyes...

No offense...