Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 176394 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.2.1
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 04:53:37 AM »
New progress update vid:
Wriggle actually has a practical attack now!

Still no estimate for a release date for the next chapter yet.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 09:41:36 PM »
Another development video.
This is a test of the Miasma Field area that I was talking about a few posts ago, that will be featured in the next version. Also, obvious placeholders for
Spoiler:
Yuki and Mai
on the overworld are obvious (refer to this thread if you want to help get rid of the placeholders).
Also featured in the video is an easter egg, as well as a nonstandard game over that is possible if you don't have the
Spoiler:
Hellmoon Fragment from Kikuri

View the video here.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 04:06:51 AM »
Wow, It's been a while since I posted any updates!

Here's a couple of new screenshots (No video this time, sorry!), just to remind all of you that this project isn't dead. These are of a boss that I plan to be one of the most difficult bosses of the next chapter:
[attach=1]
And this boss is also special because it's the first enemy you'll encounter that can do this:
[attach=2]

I still have no definite release date for the next version.

Also, I would like to remind you all that I'm still looking for feedback on the current versions. Especially the latest one.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 05:58:36 AM »
About Elis, does Wriggle and Mystia combination counts as physical? If so, she's no different than any other bosses. Or can you make it so that she changes between physical and magic reflect? It's only my opinion though.

Btw, I like the battle music in Makai, can you tell me the title please?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2014, 06:14:23 AM »
About Elis, does Wriggle and Mystia combination counts as physical? If so, she's no different than any other bosses. Or can you make it so that she changes between physical and magic reflect? It's only my opinion though.
Anything involving Mystia singing (Including the Insect Lullaby combination.) is classified as non-elemental, non-physical, and non-magical (basically neutral damage, however, the magic attack and magic defense stats are still taken into consideration in the damage formula.)

Elis's reflect remains in effect until her next turn ends. After that, she can be safely attacked with magic.
To encourage the use of magic in the fight (and reduce the urge to mash the z key relentlessly to defeat the boss), I gave Elis a high physical defense compared to her magic defense, so it's more practical to take her down with the high-damaging spells and combos you'll learn at this point than whittling away at her with weakened physical attacks.

Btw, I like the battle music in Makai, can you tell me the title please?
Which battle music (Normal enemy? Boss theme 1? 2? 3?)? Which video is it in?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »
So, she's going to be a rather challenging boss right? Fine by me.

I think it's the normal enemy battle music in Makai, the one when you fight Makaian Fairies.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
I think it's the normal enemy battle music in Makai, the one when you fight Makaian Fairies.
Oh, that's the normal battle music for the whole game. It's not exclusive to Makai.
The music is "Year-Round Absorbed Curiosity" from Great Fairy Wars.

In other news, here's a video of a WIP optional miniboss that can be fought before Elis.

The reward for defeating this miniboss is an item called the Third Eye (Completely unrelated to Satori or Koishi's third eye. I might rename it to avoid confusion
Spoiler:
or have one of the Komeiji sisters drop another one if I decide to have them as bosses or optional bosses.
).
My current ideas for the effects of the item are:
1. Double the wearer's evasion rate (for physical attacks only.)
2. Make physical attacks by the wearer never miss. (In most cases.)

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:33:57 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 03:23:16 AM »
Oh, that's the normal battle music for the whole game. It's not exclusive to Makai.
The music is "Year-Round Absorbed Curiosity" from Great Fairy Wars.

Oh, so that song is a Touhou song, no wonder I instantly like it. I never seen you battling normal enemies in chapter 1 though. Thanks

About the Third Eye, here's my opinion
1. Doubling the evasion rate can be useful. But, it will be useless if the late game enemies start using magic attacks instead.
2. It can be a Disc Two Nuke if you give it to Mystia considering she can attack twice and her sing can even attack four times.
Personaly I chose number two. It's only my opinion though

Spoiler:
The Komeiji Sisters as a boss? That will be freaking awesome. Is Satori gonna use their own spellcards or is she gonna use their worst nightmare namely Reimu's and Marisa's spellcards? Is Koishi gonna read your input like Psycho Mantis requiring you to switch you controller? So much Potential in that fight.
Spoiler:

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 04:19:26 AM »
2. It can be a Disc Two Nuke if you give it to Mystia considering she can attack twice and her sing can even attack four times.

The effects of the item don't apply to Mystia's songs. They're classified as neutral (Non-elemental, non-physical, non-magical) damage.

A Disc Two Nuke, eh? I don't think I even have a Disc One Nuke yet!!! lol.
Spoiler:
(I do, however have the Awesome, But Impractical Reaver from Chapter 1, if that qualifies. It's a sword you can get as one of two different prizes by defeating a secret boss in that chapter. It deals ludicrous amounts of crit damage, but it also cuts the wielder's max HP in half and deals one point of damage on non-critical hits. (Well, in the next version it will. The version of Reaver in the current playable version of the game has drastically different behavior (It's simply just a massive boost to the attack stat while cutting the wielder's max HP by 3/4. Yeah, you can see why I decided to modify its behavior.))

Anyways, speaking of Mystia and her songs, I've been thinking of adding another song to her movepool in the next version to learn somewhere between levels 11-15. To go with the current theme of Team ⑨ member theme music, I have two possible options for her next song to learn: (Please note that these are rough ideas for effects and costs)

"Apparitions Stalk The Night" - A support Ability, costs 15 TP, Increases the evasion rate of one party member for a few turns.
"Beloved Tomboyish Daughter" - Deals damage to all enemies, has a 25% chance of paralyzing a target. Costs 30 TP.

Any thoughts? Which should be learned first out of the two? Should the TP cost be higher/lower? Should they have a different effect?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:25:29 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 10:17:40 AM »

The effects of the item don't apply to Mystia's songs. They're classified as neutral (Non-elemental, non-physical, non-magical) damage.

Anyways, speaking of Mystia and her songs, I've been thinking of adding another song to her movepool in the next version to learn somewhere between levels 11-15. To go with the current theme of Team ⑨ member theme music, I have two possible options for her next song to learn: (Please note that these are rough ideas for effects and costs)

"Apparitions Stalk The Night" - A support Ability, costs 15 TP, Increases the evasion rate of one party member for a few turns.
"Beloved Tomboyish Daughter" - Deals damage to all enemies, has a 25% chance of paralyzing a target. Costs 30 TP.

Any thoughts? Which should be learned first out of the two? Should the TP cost be higher/lower? Should they have a different effect?

Dang, Guess that Third Eye is not as strong as I thought. But Mystia still can attack twice though.

About Mystia's sing ability, I think those two songs are as fine as it is. My most favorite song will always be Wriggle's song, for only 20 TP you can attack 4 times in a row. Wish there is an item to bait the enemy attack.

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
I'm still looking for feedback on the current versions. Especially the latest one.

I think that what should happen is that every fairy in the Misty Lake area should drop a potion so that the player won't run out of potions when they face Sunny Milk. I also think it would be a good idea that when the player is fighting an individual character to play their theme as well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:28 PM »
I think that what should happen is that every fairy in the Misty Lake area should drop a potion so that the player won't run out of potions when they face Sunny Milk. I also think it would be a good idea that when the player is fighting an individual character to play their theme as well.
Thanks for your feedback!

I guess I could make a 100% potion drop from the common fairies in the Misty Lake area by using a switch or variable, or I could alternatively just increase the number of potions in the chest before Sunny Milk.

As for characters' themes, I will probably not give every individual character their theme. I don't want to have a large amount of music files, since having too many will create excessively large file sizes. Only a few bosses will have unique battle themes. However, on the bright side, I do plan on having two main (excluding unique themes and the themes used for optional encounters) boss themes per "world" in the game (For instance, when the next version is released, Gensokyo will have different boss music than Makai.
Spoiler:
There will be a total of six "worlds" when the game is complete, so 12 main boss themes total
) One track used for minor bosses, and one for bosses considered "tough" or "major".

This also reminds me that I should start work on this again. (Progress has been slow due to both academic reasons and due to the fact that the new pokemon games were released last month and I've been playing the death out of Alpha Sapphire for the last few weeks. :P)

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2014, 07:32:33 AM »
Can I put my feedback?

Speaking of potion, I realised that you only have two type of HP healing potion that heal 50 and 200 respectively while you have at least 600 HP in your last video. Could you create a stronger potion halfway through chapter 2? Also, I personally think the healing spell is rather weak. Could you make it a little stronger or make a stronger spell in chapter 3?

About the music, you have only one random battle theme until now, could you change it halfway through the game? There's no need to change it every chapter.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »
Can I put my feedback?

Speaking of potion, I realised that you only have two type of HP healing potion that heal 50 and 200 respectively while you have at least 600 HP in your last video. Could you create a stronger potion halfway through chapter 2? Also, I personally think the healing spell is rather weak. Could you make it a little stronger or make a stronger spell in chapter 3?

About the music, you have only one random battle theme until now, could you change it halfway through the game? There's no need to change it every chapter.

It's about time I created a new potion, I was probably going to do that soon anyway.

It's also about time I added another healing spell (It's either going to be a stronger version of the existing spell, or it's going to be a spell that heals the whole party by the amount it heals now.), I just don't know how to give it to the player yet.

About the music, what are you talking about? The random encounter theme is going to remain pretty much the same through the whole game. It's only the boss music that varies depending on which "world" (Gensokyo, Makai, etc.) you are in.

Thank you for your feedback.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:20 AM »
I just don't know how to give it to the player yet.
Umm...... Reimu give it to the party?

About the music, what are you talking about? The random encounter theme is going to remain pretty much the same through the whole game. It's only the boss music that varies depending on which "world" (Gensokyo, Makai, etc.) you are in.

That's fine, I really like the encounter theme anyway.

Thank you for your feedback.

You're welcome

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 04:00:05 AM »
Umm...... Reimu give it to the party?

The only way I could ever see that happening is if the party makes a rather "modest" donation of <Insert ridiculous sum of money here>.

More likely it's going to be someone in Makai (
Spoiler:
Maybe from Shinki after you defeat her, if not anyone else...
)

In other news, I'm debating whether or not to release another half-chapter of the game within the next two weeks, due to the fact that there hasn't been a new demo in a while. (If I do decide to release it, the farthest the player can go will most likely be the
Spoiler:
fight against Elis.
)

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 11:04:33 AM »
The only way I could ever see that happening is if the party makes a rather "modest" donation of <Insert ridiculous sum of money here>.

Then beat the crap out of her. Cirno already beat the living daylight out of Yukari and conquered her HP to One attack. Unless Reimu uses her Hax Sign, Cirno should be able to beat her.

In other news, I'm debating whether or not to release another half-chapter of the game within the next two weeks, due to the fact that there hasn't been a new demo in a while. (If I do decide to release it, the farthest the player can go will most likely be the
Spoiler:
fight against Elis.
)
I think I gonna give it a try if you decided to release it.
Spoiler:
That Elis? I'mma beat her using Mystia

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »
Then beat the crap out of her. Cirno already beat the living daylight out of Yukari and conquered her HP to One attack. Unless Reimu uses her Hax Sign, Cirno should be able to beat her.

You obviously haven't played the current version to the end. (
Spoiler:
Reimu is already the endboss of chapter 1.
  :))

EDIT:
Spoiler:
(Please note that this was recorded on the unreleased newer version, so there will be some differences with the fight if fought on the current version.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:03:40 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 05:57:53 AM »
Yeah, I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't play the recent version.
I promise I'll play the new version once it come out

MrFlox888

• "And Then There Were None!"
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 09:36:44 PM »
This is an amazing piece of work. Loved how you used music from multiple sources (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Window Touhou games and even Super Metroid).

I have to say that even though I'm not a big fan of RPG games at all, the fact that it's Touhou really makes me dig into it. I have enjoyed it so far.

Also, I did notice that the player is still able to use the Combo option even when one or both characters needed to use the Combo have the Silenced status. It doesn't really affect gameplay that much but it just seemed strange since Magic and Combos use MP so I assume that the Combos are still Magic. Will this be changed in the future or will it be left like it is? The game feels well balanced, neither easy nor too hard, so I wouldn't mind this being changed.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2014, 06:18:19 AM »
This is an amazing piece of work. Loved how you used music from multiple sources (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Window Touhou games and even Super Metroid).

I have to say that even though I'm not a big fan of RPG games at all, the fact that it's Touhou really makes me dig into it. I have enjoyed it so far.

Also, I did notice that the player is still able to use the Combo option even when one or both characters needed to use the Combo have the Silenced status. It doesn't really affect gameplay that much but it just seemed strange since Magic and Combos use MP so I assume that the Combos are still Magic. Will this be changed in the future or will it be left like it is? The game feels well balanced, neither easy nor too hard, so I wouldn't mind this being changed.
I didn't know that you could still use combos when silenced, thanks for finding that out. That will be changed in the next version most definitely, because I think I see what the problem is.
Did you find anything else odd with the combos, by the way? Because a rather annoying glitch involving combo attacks recently showed up as I was working on the new version (Sadly, I have no way of fixing it at the moment, so it may or may not be present in the next version when I release it.), and I'm wondering if it was present in the past version and I missed it. The exact nature of the bug is detailed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpxTtnuYjKY

Also, speaking of the next version: Remember that one door in the SDM that you couldn't access in the current version...

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »

Also, speaking of the next version: Remember that one door in the SDM that you couldn't access in the current version...

Spoiler:
Cirno you fools, why did you enter Flandre room? You should just steal all the elixir and GET THE HELL OUT!

Flandre's powerful alright, I think I could beat her with crazy amount of grinding, smart use of Megalixir, and that combo bug.

That video gave me some idea, can Mystia sing other characters theme song besides Team 9?
For instance, can Mystia sing Marisa's theme song to boost someone's magic greatly for only two turns and consume 50TP? Or Reimu's theme song to cure any status effect?

MrFlox888

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »
Did you find anything else odd with the combos, by the way? Because a rather annoying glitch involving combo attacks recently showed up as I was working on the new version (Sadly, I have no way of fixing it at the moment, so it may or may not be present in the next version when I release it.), and I'm wondering if it was present in the past version and I missed it. The exact nature of the bug is detailed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpxTtnuYjKY

The bug didn't seem present in the version you currently have public as of now. But noticing that you added the animation to the second caster of the Combo it seems to be only in the one you're working on.

Yes, I actually watched the video before reading this. lol
But I wonder if there is any dialogue IF Flandre is defeated after something like... months of grinding?

Also, I forgot to mention that while I was playing and wanted to save and I went to the easiest save I could find (the one at the Garden of the Sun) and I was suprised that Yuuka was there waiting to see if the team would come back after she had warned them not to...  :flowerpower: I only lost about 2 minutes worth of progress so I was not mad after not getting to save. lol

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
That video gave me some idea, can Mystia sing other characters theme song besides Team 9?
For instance, can Mystia sing Marisa's theme song to boost someone's magic greatly for only two turns and consume 50TP? Or Reimu's theme song to cure any status effect?

I was planning on having Mystia learning other "Theme Song"-type songs after she learns all of Team ⑨'s themes anyways. (I may some that cannot be learned through level up and must be taught through musically gifted  characters such as the Prismrivers, Raiko, that-one-sound-related-youkai-from-the-myoren-temple-who's-name-escapes-me, etc.)

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »
that-one-sound-related-youkai-from-the-myoren-temple-who's-name-escapes-me, etc.)
Kyouko Kasodani?
Spoiler:
Still, I thought it would be funny if you get a non standard game over when you take all the elixir in Flandre's room and running away. Yeah, I know Remilia didn't care. But, I think no game is generous enough to give you 5 freaking Megalixir at once, even Pokemon only give you one Master Ball or if you lucky two. It's like giving a disc two nuke before fighting an incredibly hard and cheap optional boss. I hope the prize for beating Flandre qualified as a disc two nuke

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 03:33:54 AM »
Kyouko Kasodani?
Yeah, that's the one.

Spoiler:
Still, I thought it would be funny if you get a non standard game over when you take all the elixir in Flandre's room and running away. Yeah, I know Remilia didn't care. But, I think no game is generous enough to give you 5 freaking Megalixir at once, even Pokemon only give you one Master Ball or if you lucky two. It's like giving a disc two nuke before fighting an incredibly hard and cheap optional boss. I hope the prize for beating Flandre qualified as a disc two nuke
Spoiler:
I'm probably going to decrease the loot in that chest a tiny bit, I'm just trying to give players at that point a game at least a fighting chance against Flandre. Or the option to have a few late-game items early on (You won't be able to even purchase most of the items in that chest until I start work on chapter 5, which will be a far-future version, so there's already balance in that regard as well.).

Oh, and if anyone is able to somehow beat Flandre (Who has more than 6 times the HP of Reimu and the highest MAT stat of any boss in the game so far.) then they are given Laevateinn (+100 to ATK and MAT, and adds fire element to physical attacks. Subject to change) as a reward. (After some brief dialogue that may involve some breakage of the fourth wall.)

Oh, and I also decided that an already unbeatable boss wasn't enough. I decided to give Flandre a secret "Lunatic" (Read: COMPLETELY-UNFAIR-YOU-WILL-NOT-SURVIVE-MORE-THAN-TWO-TURNS) mode as well. (I'm not ever going to reveal the unlock method. So don't ask.) However, like fighting Flan normally, enabling this 100% impossible version is completely voluntary (Though I don't know why anybody who is perfectly sane will ever attempt to fight
Spoiler:
Multi-Flan Melee
. EVER. Especially after being given the option to decline in case they accidentally stumble upon the unlock trigger.).
Spoiler:
And no, you get nothing special for beating this version, because it is 100% impossible!

In other news: Progress on the new version is going great, it's very likely I will be able to release Alpha v.3 sometime this week!  :D

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 06:06:21 AM »

Spoiler:
I'm probably going to decrease the loot in that chest a tiny bit, I'm just trying to give players at that point a game at least a fighting chance against Flandre. Or the option to have a few late-game items early on (You won't be able to even purchase most of the items in that chest until I start work on chapter 5, which will be a far-future version, so there's already balance in that regard as well.).

Oh, and if anyone is able to somehow beat Flandre (Who has more than 6 times the HP of Reimu and the highest MAT stat of any boss in the game so far.)
Spoiler:
Decreasing the loot will make it even unfair. I mean you used ALL of your Megalixir, how are we supposed to handle her HP to one attack?
Speaking of which I hate her HP to one attack. OHKO moves is fine because it show us how powerful the boss is. On the other hand, HP to one attack is not threatening it's obnoxious. Yukari could get away with because she intent to finish you in two turn giving you enough time to recover.

It's only my opinion though.

She did behave like Reimu though, whats with her OHKO attack and slip away attack
(Though I don't know why anybody who is perfectly sane will ever attempt to fight
Spoiler:
Multi-Flan Melee
. EVER. Especially after being given the option to decline in case they accidentally stumble upon the unlock trigger.).
Spoiler:
And no, you get nothing special for beating this version, because it is 100% impossible!

In other news: Progress on the new version is going great, it's very likely I will be able to release Alpha v.3 sometime this week!  :D

I think someone will beat it. Not me but, there are some people who are crazy enough to do it.

That's great, can't wait to finally play this game.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 06:50:15 AM »
Spoiler:
Decreasing the loot will make it even unfair. I mean you used ALL of your Megalixir, how are we supposed to handle her HP to one attack?
Spoiler:
You have a point there. Perhaps I will leave the loot alone until people start complaining about it.

Anyways, if you manage to beat Flandre (Which version of her does not matter.) Remilia, Sakuya, Meiling, and Patchouli will have unique dialogue which can basically be summarized as:
Remilia: Utter disbelief.
Meiling: WTF!?
Sakuya: Wow...
Patchouli: Meh.

Oh, and remember how I said it was about time I added another healing spell?
Spoiler:
Well, once you enter Makai in the next version, if you decide to return to Gensokyo and backtrack all the way back to the SDM library, Koakuma will teach the party a basic revive spell.

EDIT (12/23/14): Progress is ahead of schedule, and that one annoying bug I found is fixed. Alpha 3 will be out within the next 24 hours!  :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:51:14 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.3 is out!
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2014, 05:14:35 PM »
Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - Alpha v. 3 (Chapter 1.5)

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/80v89zgmujzvlks/9QuestAlpha3.exe?dl=0 (Possibly incompatible with previous save files due to the bestiary script updating)

Changes:
-Added Makai, the setting of the second chapter.
-Updated the bestiary script to a newer version. (The bestiary now contains a description page for each enemy/boss.)
-Triple techs now added, these are powerful combo attacks that have a high MP cost and involve 3 party members.
-Wriggle actually gains a practical offensive attack now.
-The optional weapon, Reaver, has new behavior. Instead of giving a massive attack boost while cutting the maximum hp of the wielder by 75%, it now deals one damage for every hit that isn't a critical hit and deals ludicrous damage when it does crit. It also only cuts the wielder's max HP by 50% now.
-Added a new area to the SDM. Don't go there unless you have a death wish!
-Should you somehow beat a certain unbeatable boss, Remilia, Sakuya, Meiling, and Patchouli will have unique dialogue.
-Koakuma now teaches the party a total of 3 optional spells over the course of the game.
-Silence now affects combos.
-The two chests right before the first fight with Sunny Milk are now replaced with a single chest that gives 3 potions.
-After entering Makai, if you return to the Kourindou, Rinnosuke will sell you new items.

Known Bugs:

-When fighting YuugenMagan, if you defeat one of the eyes before every party member has taken their turn, and you have more than one party member targeting the eye, then the rest of the party members will attack the dead eye and do no damage.
-Minor graphical glitches occur with K.O'ed party members. They do not affect gameplay and will be worked out in a later version.
-
Spoiler:
Goliath Doll 2.0's
Bestiary entry states that you killed 0. (According to the game, this is technically true, since
Spoiler:
Raging Goliath
is treated as a separate entity.)
-The "Insect Lullaby" combo only shows half of its cost (it costs 30 MP and TP, not just 30 TP)
-When Star Sapphire is under the effects of "Anticipate", Magic will not work on her.

Once again, please let me know if you encounter any of the following:
-An undiscovered bug or glitch.
-spelling/grammar errors. (Tell me which cutscene/NPC and what line.)
-cutscene flaws. (There's a couple in this version I already found and are going to be fixed in the next)
-Out of character dialogue. (Tell me which cutscene/NPC and what line. If you can suggest an improvement that would be helpful and I will credit you if I use it.)
-Dialogue that does not flow well. (See above)
-Redundant Dialogue. (See above)
-Exploits.
-Game breakers.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:36:28 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

MrFlox888

Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.3 is out!
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2014, 05:48:59 PM »

Alpha v.3 Chapter 1.5 - Incompatible with previous save files due to bestiary script update.

Will there be some way to update the save files from the previous versions? I've spent 6 hours on the Chapter 1 Alpha and wouldn't want to have to do it all over again.

[EDIT]

-Downloaded the latest version, copied my file into the new folder and the Bestiary and everything  still works. I will continue playing and report if anything goes wrong. I hope to successfully go through this new chapter without losing previous progress.

-I've played for the past hour without encountering any errors. I will notify if I complete it to the point where it actually ends with the same save file from the previous version.

-All new entries are successfully added to the Bestiary with the new descriptions and such.

[FINAL EDIT]

-I did it! I played till the very end without encountering any errors. I paid close attention to see if there were any bugs and I didn't seem to catch any so I repeat, the save files from the previous version (v.2.1 Which already includes the Bestiary) work on v3. No need to replay the whole game to reach the point where Chapter 1.5 actually begins. :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:37:54 PM by MrFlox888 »