Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 178198 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!
« Reply #450 on: April 10, 2016, 12:47:11 AM »
Yuki and Elis are done. I also edited the kedama sprites to make them look more like the battlers:
Looks pretty nice. I'll put these in right away.

Oh, and I need one more sprite that I forgot to mention initially: Konngara.
I hope it won't be too much trouble to add another sprite to the list, but could you please make this one too?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:49:02 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #451 on: April 10, 2016, 12:57:16 AM »
No problem! :D

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #452 on: April 10, 2016, 02:24:00 AM »
Oh wow, I only just now realized that I said "Yumemi" on the sprite list when I meant "Yumeko"... *facepalm* Editing that now...

All this time I thought Searinox made Yumemi out of boredom. lol

Whelp, I guess I have to find a use for those Yumemi sprites now since he went through all that work... Maybe I can incorporate her into Wriggle's sidequest, since that is the currently least most fleshed out sidequest plot of the four...

But she may not fit there anyway... Eh, if I can't think of anything, I'll just throw her in as a post-game boss...

« Reply #453 on: April 10, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »
Oh wow, I only just now realized that I said "Yumemi" on the sprite list when I meant "Yumeko"... *facepalm* Editing that now...

All this time I thought Searinox made Yumemi out of boredom. lol
And this is why you should check what you post :P
I'm not really sure why you thought I'd post completely unneeded, not-a-joke sprites here, but mistakes happen, I guess.

Oh, and GenoCraft, I'm sorry, but I did this before checking the topic:
[attachimg=1]

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #454 on: April 10, 2016, 02:20:30 PM »
Wow Mima looks amazing :O The hat looks kinda strange in the side sprites, but it's really good overall. I haven't started doing her yet, so I guess you saved me some time :D
Oh Konngara's almost ready. Today I'll try to do Yumeko too.
Edit: She's done! I know her ribbon and hair aren't supposed to look like this, but it's better than my failed attempts to make them.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 03:27:09 PM by GenoCraft »

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #455 on: April 10, 2016, 07:00:27 PM »
Two of the easiest edits ever are done: Rin and blond saku- I mean Yumeko.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #456 on: April 10, 2016, 07:07:54 PM »
Nice!

Also, it's nothing major, and you don't have to do it, but could you please organize future sprites so that it matches RPG Maker's format like Searinox does? (First row is Down, followed by Left , Right, and Up) I mean, you honestly don't have to, but it saves me from having to swap sprite rows around.

Anyway, these sprites are awesome. Keep up the good work.

« Reply #457 on: April 11, 2016, 06:17:15 PM »
I'm sorry, but I can't make cloaked Mima without it looking competely unlike her, and Kaguya is already taken.
Anyway, since there aren't any other sprites left in your list, I worked on... another thing. I know you never asked for this, but still. Thoughts?

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #458 on: April 11, 2016, 08:23:38 PM »
I'm sorry, but I can't make cloaked Mima without it looking competely unlike her, and Kaguya is already taken.
Anyway, since there aren't any other sprites left in your list, I worked on... another thing. I know you never asked for this, but still. Thoughts?
Cool :O About cloaked Mima I'll make her. Can I edit your normal Mima sprites?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #459 on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:39 PM »
I worked on... another thing. I know you never asked for this, but still. Thoughts?
Whoa...
Looks pretty neat, though I think the shadow wings and hands could be done better...

« Reply #460 on: April 12, 2016, 06:32:52 PM »
Cool :O About cloaked Mima I'll make her. Can I edit your normal Mima sprites?
Sure, you can.
Looks pretty neat, though I think the shadow wings and hands could be done better...
Yeah, probably (though wings actually look alright to me). I did mess around a bit with shadows and hands, but I'm not really sure the results are better...
[attach=1 width=194]
Maybe I'll revisit it later, but now this is the best I can do.

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #461 on: April 30, 2016, 01:42:40 PM »
After a lot of tries, I gave up on cloked mima. I just can't do it right. Sorry for disappointing you :(
Well at least Kaguya's done. Just finished her and it's one of my best in my opinon.
I guess this is the last one?
edit: I know you didn't ask for this, but I felt like the mischievous fairies needed better battler sprites(they're very important characters after all! And touhoumon sprites suck).
These were edited from Hetyo's Sunny Milk MUGEN character.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:11:50 PM by GenoCraft »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #462 on: April 30, 2016, 07:39:27 PM »
After a lot of tries, I gave up on cloked mima. I just can't do it right. Sorry for disappointing you :(
Oh well... I guess I'll just keep using that placeholder sprite for now...

Well at least Kaguya's done. Just finished her and it's one of my best in my opinon.

edit: I know you didn't ask for this, but I felt like the mischievous fairies needed better battler sprites(they're very important characters after all! And touhoumon sprites suck).

Looks nice! I'll put these in right away.

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #463 on: April 30, 2016, 09:00:49 PM »
I was really in the mood for editing sprites today so I ended up doing lots of battler sprites! :D http://imgur.com/a/Y5HC3
Credits to Hetyo, Acari, Cirnobaka9ROBLOX, Karasumasubaru, Minoo and MissetheSummerNeko12.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #464 on: April 30, 2016, 09:02:47 PM »
Oh god that Mai looks amazing

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #465 on: May 01, 2016, 08:09:44 PM »
Here's every other character from the current version that didn't have a good sprite(Unless my bestiary's missing somebody :P Oh and Yamame too). http://imgur.com/a/vDKJ6
The celestials use the same design as the current version(with Reisen's hair just to differ them more from Tenshi). Mima is an edit of this http://vanishingsvst.deviantart.com/art/Mima-Sprite-Sheet-244921385 with Okuu's wings. The others were recolored to make them look more like the overworld sprites from this http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/24875077/images/1368792739442.gif, which also has the Kaguya sprite I used to make Sariel.
Hey Nazgul can you PM me the characters that will be in the next version so that I can try to make their sprites? I don't mind being spoiled and I'll PM you the sprites if you accept.
Edit: Oh and that hatate recolor is a support tengu.

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »
Hey Nazgul do you have anything planned for that "Blurred Boundary" area?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2016, 07:36:54 PM »
Yes, I do. I'm thinking of making it into the passage to Hakugyokurou.

Kizune-Chao

• Overambitous Fandom-hopping otaku
  • Fandom-hopping Otaku
« Reply #468 on: July 02, 2016, 09:35:55 PM »
I've been contemplating on this for while, but...
As crazy as it sounds at this point in development, maybe you could implement some means of skip travelling to areas already accessed in the adventure?

I personally find it aggravating when I get so far into an area, then realize I'd forgotten something and be forced to backtrack a long ways just to get it, then backtrack AGAIN to get back to where I was before.  >:(  This is ESPECIALLY rage inducing when I have to go Patchy's library in the SDM to learn new spells from Koakuma or taking care of unfinished business in previous areas.

My point is if there were some means of skip-travelling, it would make backtracking MUCH less of a pain.
This is just an idea, but at least give it some thought. :]

Complaints aside, I'm loving this game so far. Keep up the good work!

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #469 on: July 08, 2016, 05:10:37 PM »
As crazy as it sounds at this point in development, maybe you could implement some means of skip travelling to areas already accessed in the adventure?

I personally find it aggravating when I get so far into an area, then realize I'd forgotten something and be forced to backtrack a long ways just to get it, then backtrack AGAIN to get back to where I was before.  >:(  This is ESPECIALLY rage inducing when I have to go Patchy's library in the SDM to learn new spells from Koakuma or taking care of unfinished business in previous areas.

My point is if there were some means of skip-travelling, it would make backtracking MUCH less of a pain.
This is just an idea, but at least give it some thought.
I agree with this. It is indeed anoying to have so many distant places and no way of fast travel.

Changing the subject, I decided to remake my celestial battler sprites because the old ones are really bad. Since they're completely different from your the original hatless Tenshi, I made overworld sprites too!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #470 on: July 09, 2016, 12:02:14 AM »

This is just an idea, but at least give it some thought.
I agree with this. It is indeed anoying to have so many distant places and no way of fast travel.
Fast travel did not exist in old school RPGs. However, I will consider possibly adding it... I would need to think about a good way to execute and implement it, first of all. And even if I did add it, the option probably won't become available until chapter 5.

Changing the subject, I decided to remake my celestial battler sprites because the old ones are really bad. Since they're completely different from your the original hatless Tenshi, I made overworld sprites too!
Ooh, looks nice. I'll probably add these to the game which I totally haven't been procrastinating on some time this weekend.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #471 on: July 09, 2016, 07:25:52 AM »
Fast travel did not exist in old school RPGs. However, I will consider possibly adding it... I would need to think about a good way to execute and implement it, first of all. And even if I did add it, the option probably won't become available until chapter 5.
Ooh, looks nice. I'll probably add these to the game which I totally haven't been procrastinating on some time this weekend.

Yeah, this would do. RPGs with skip travels seem to be given at some point in time. (DQ9 at Alltrades Abbey, and Pokemon after "*X*" gym

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #472 on: July 10, 2016, 08:51:35 PM »
Just found out I forgot to sprite two bosses: Kikuri and YuugenMagan. I did them, but i changed Kikuri's effect a bit because I thought this way it looked better.
As for YuugenMagan... I couldn't think of a way to make it work like the original sprite, since it would look bad if all the eyes looked the same. So, I made in a way you wouldn't have to remake the battle: Using a blank image file for the eyes, and the defeated eye I've made. Or you can keep using the old sprites... Sorry.
Anyway, it's here:http://imgur.com/a/lT5Ne

Edit: Oh, I just noticed an easily missable mistake. "Koakuma" means "Little devil", and the enemy Lesser Demon's description says they're members of Koakuma's species. However, devils and demons are different creatures in Touhou(presumably due to having different meanings in japanese), making it impossible for a "Little devil" to be a "Lesser demon".
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:34:25 AM by GenoCraft »

Kizune-Chao

• Fandom-hopping Otaku
« Reply #473 on: July 22, 2016, 04:40:23 AM »

Honestly, I think Chapter 5 would be far too late to be of much use. If anything, the earliest point would be around early Chapter 2.

Though, if that's not possible, at the very least make traversing certain areas easier.
For example, in the Ruins of Vina, there could be a switch that can be pressed to reveal a staircase, allowing for quicker access, or something like that.

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #474 on: August 16, 2016, 07:49:59 PM »
Though, if that's not possible, at the very least make traversing certain areas easier.
For example, in the Ruins of Vina, there could be a switch that can be pressed to reveal a staircase, allowing for quicker access, or something like that.
Yeah, that'd be enough IMO.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #475 on: August 18, 2016, 05:21:30 AM »
Hey guys, I know you haven't heard from me in a while. I've been busy with work, and college is right around the corner. But things are going good for the game right now. I am almost finished with Rumia's sidequest, just a few more areas to go, and I've also been implementing many of the graphics Geno has been providing me.

Also, I'm just going to leave this screenshot here. This area has been bugging me with how horribly inaccurate it is, so I decided to give it a MAJOR overhaul.
[attach=1]
It looks much more accurate now. And the NPCs have all been changed and have new dialogue. The area is functionally the same despite these changes, but it seems much more aesthetically pleasing and more in-line with its canon counterpart.

I'll probably start posting in here more frequently over the next couple months.

Honestly, I think Chapter 5 would be far too late to be of much use. If anything, the earliest point would be around early Chapter 2.

I could make more shortcuts through certain areas. I'll look into it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #476 on: August 21, 2016, 06:19:59 AM »
Whelp, you guys asked for it. So here's a preview of a new feature that I implemented.

[attach=1]

Kizune-Chao

• Fandom-hopping Otaku
« Reply #477 on: September 02, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »

Whelp, you guys asked for it. So here's a preview of a new feature that I implemented.

[attach=1]
CAN I GET A WOOHOO?!?! :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

...but really, I'm hyped for what the next version of this game has in store. Keep up the good work, guys!

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #478 on: October 01, 2016, 03:51:35 PM »
So I went back and decided to do ACTUAL spriting for YuugenMagan and Kikuri. YgMg's based on a sprite of her fan-made design and Kikuri's from a MUGEN character. Forget that lazy crap I posted months ago :V
Oh and I'm finally managing to sprite a good hooded Mima!  :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
Edit: Stupid attachments how the heck do i make them work  :V http://imgur.com/a/zRFrT
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:55:10 PM by GenoCraft »

Kizune-Chao

• Fandom-hopping Otaku
« Reply #479 on: October 04, 2016, 10:10:24 PM »
... scratch what I said earlier. If the skiptravels are gaps, then it's only fitting that they be unlocked after
Spoiler:
defeating Yukari in Chapter 1.