Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 178322 times)

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.3 is out!
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2014, 01:17:52 PM »
The answer is here~.Cirno's Icicle Sword doesn't activate Sunny's counter, so I doubt this one will.

EDIT: By the way, do you still need sprites? I may try to make some, like a certain eye...
I see. FML: Fix My Lighthouse.
That doesn't look like a Lighthouse at all.
Spoiler:
Or maybe it's Fuck My Life

Yeah, but it probably activates Miasma Bloom Fairy's MP Buster( I think).

That eye..... Looks cute.

Suggestion:
Make bomb only appear in chest, albeit uncommon. Only make it purchaseable in very late game.

Make a new armor. Or change the name like
Cirno: One-Piece Dress?
Rumia: Black Vest
Wriggle: Cape
Mystia: ????
Yeah, I'm not good at naming things.

Question:
Is there any sidequest in the future where you can remove Rumia's Seal?

« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2014, 01:32:22 PM »
Hello,

I just picked up the demo today and played through to about halfway through Makai. So far, I have really been enjoying the game and wanted to provide some feedback about it so far.

Gameplay-wise, the game runs smoothly and the combat system is great. I feel as though some of the later bosses die very quickly, however, as they are usually finished in about five or so turns. Since I'm rather new to MotK, I don't know how to put in spoiler tags (maybe I just suck xD), so I won't list the names of the bosses just yet. The reason for this could probably be due to me just being at higher than the recommended level, but I honestly didn't feel like I grinded for too long.

One of the balance issues I encountered with the game was bombs. Once Makai was unlocked, you could pretty much farm there for about ~20-30 minutes, get a load of Hi-Potions and Power-Ups, go back to Mayohiga, sell them all (they drop much more often than you use them) and have enough money for 100-200 bombs. Needless to say, this gives you a massive advantage against a majority of the bosses without too much difficulty, and encourages the player to buy nothing but bombs. I've probably used up about 200 of them already in this playthrough. Increasing the price greatly would be a good choice, as it would limit players from spamming bombs early on, but allow players to purchase them more easily later in the game where everything is already pretty strong and that +1 MAT would not be as overpowered as in the early game. Alternatively, you could make it a drop from a monster and remove it from shops completely.

There are some minor typos and a bug that causes the game to freeze that I've found so far:
Typos (may contain spoilers):
- Tutorial, when Cirno is talking to Daiyousei before the hide and seek game.
  "It does, Nnow why don't you run off and hide?"
- SDM, after releasing the Dai-whatever thing, by Cirno.
  "How about no! tThat thing took our friend and we're going after it!"
- SDM, same scene as above, by Remilia.
  "Well, you did tresspass in here."
- Yakumo Household, when talking to Ran, by Cirno.
  "Eye'm sorry, but we can't wait that long for Yukari to recieive the..."
- Yakumo Household, talking to Yukari, by Yukari.
  "Well, your reputations as, well, imbeciles, preceded you."
- Equipment menu, after obtaining Sakuya's Pads.
  "Sakuya's Pads. You are "Bborrowing" them."
- Human Village, upon reaching Dai-whatever.
  "You amuse me, Ffairy."
- Human Village, talking to Marisa.
  "Besides, Iit would probably take a while to..."
Bug:
If you interact with, but do not open, the chest in the basement of the SDM, you will lose control and will not be able to open menus, move, etc. The game still runs and the flames of the torches still move.

I will play through the game again to see if I missed anything.

Overall, aside from the issue with bombs and some minor bugs, this game is awesome and I have to say that you did a really great job on this game.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:57:34 AM by Randomizer »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2014, 02:12:32 PM »
Finally, I defeated Flandre. I didn't use lots of bombs, I just use a proper application of game breaker. Mystia's buffed Ill Starred Dive deal as much damage as buffed Demarcation. Laevateiin is not a disc two nuke, it's a legitimate game breaker.

It's a shame that there's no entry of her in the bestiary, I want to know her HP. Apparently I beat 5 ?????, Who could it be? FML?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
Cirno's Icicle Sword doesn't activate Sunny's counter, so I doubt this one will.
Cirno's Icicle Sword actually does physical damage, not elemental damage. That's why it does not set off the counter. (Besides, if I did make it have elemental damage, Cirno will be pretty much useless in that fight.)
Most elemental weapons in the game will tell you in the weapon's description. (Reaver and Laevateinn are currently the only exceptions.)
EDIT: By the way, do you still need sprites? I may try to make some, like a certain eye...
Yes, yes, and yes! I have a lot of placeholders to get rid of (However, most of them are overworld sprites, not battle sprites.).
That YuugenMagan Eye looks pretty good! Would you mind if I throw it in the game right now?

That's quite a ridiculous amount of shields. Fire, Ice, Lightning, Insect, Light, Dark, Sap, Wind, Water (is it a separate element?), maybe Earth if you were to add it, all merged into one. But overall, it doesn't sound bad.
Insect is not actually included in the shields, because almost no enemies will use that element against you. Yes, water is a separate element.
It's not that much shields, by the way. There's only ⑨ of them: White (Light), red (Fire), orange (Earth), yellow (Thunder), green (Wind), blue (Ice), indigo (Water), violet (Sap), and black (Dark) (The chests containing the shields will also be accessible in that order, as an Easter Egg.)

Bug:
If you interact with, but do not open, the chest in the basement of the SDM, you will lose control and will not be able to open menus, move, etc. The game still runs and the flames of the torches still move.
My bad. I put an impassable tile right behind the chest that prevents the event from being fully executed. Try interacting with the chest from the side, rather than the front until the next version or bugfix comes out.

Is there any sidequest in the future where you can remove Rumia's Seal?
It's interesting you asked that. That's going to be addressed in a far-future version. I'm going to go into more detail but be warned that there are major spoilers ahead:
Spoiler:
Once I get around to making Chapter 5, the story will split into four major sidequests centered around one of the four party members. Completing them allows you to get each character's best equipment.
The best equipment/sidequest reward for each party member is as follows (so far):
Cirno: Gets a sword called "Advent Blade" (Reference to Advent Cirno.), which is one of the strongest weapons in the game and allows Cirno to perform three techs with it equipped. (You'll need to complete this quest at a minimum if you want the good ending.)
Rumia: Gets a weapon called "Awakened Shadow," and the seal on her amulet is removed, allowing you to equip accessories on her to learn and allows her to cast her strongest spells.
Wriggle: Currently no idea.
Mystia: Currently no idea.

It's a shame that there's no entry of her in the bestiary, I want to know her HP. Apparently I beat 5 ?????, Who could it be? FML?
There is. It's hidden from the bestiary by default (there is no question marks indicating that an undiscovered entry is there.), and supposed to be unrevealed when she is defeated. I guess that's another bug discovered then.
Spoiler:
By the way, she has 49500 HP.
The 5 question marks may be YuugenMagan's eyes. However, you should only see the question marks if you imported an old save file.

« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
Cirno's Icicle Sword actually does physical damage, not elemental damage. That's why it does not set off the counter. (Besides, if I did make it have elemental damage, Cirno will be pretty much useless in that fight.)
Then "Attacks are imbued with cold" confused me, sorry. And Cirno is pretty much useless in that fight anyway.
Yes, yes, and yes! I have a lot of placeholders to get rid of (However, most of them are overworld sprites, not battle sprites.).
That YuugenMagan Eye looks pretty good! Would you mind if I throw it in the game right now?
Okay, will try to work on something from that request topic. As for the eye - of course you can throw it in! Why would I post it otherwise?
It's not that much shields, by the way. There's only ⑨ of them: White (Light), red (Fire), orange (Earth), yellow (Thunder), green (Wind), blue (Ice), indigo (Water), violet (Sap), and black (Dark) (The chests containing the shields will also be accessible in that order, as an Easter Egg.)
9 shields is still quite a lot. And Indigo shield for Water? What kind of indigo? Maybe it'd be better to make it blue and switch ice shield for cyan?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:13:30 PM by Searinox119 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »
Then "Attacks are imbued with cold" confused me, sorry.
I double checked the sword's attributes, and I apparently did give the sword an ice element in addition to a physical effect. Huh. I guess the reason it doesn't set off the counter is that Physical takes priority when dealing damage...

And Indigo shield for Water? What kind of indigo? Maybe it'd be better to make it blue and switch ice shield for cyan?

I was originally going to do that, but I wanted the shields to be theme-named and obtained in the order of rainbow colors (ROYGBIV + Black and White) due to the sidequest involving making a rainbow shield or sword. There's no Cyan in ROYGBIV, so I changed water from blue to indigo and made ice blue.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:13:07 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2014, 11:07:23 PM »
My bad. I put an impassable tile right behind the chest that prevents the event from being fully executed. Try interacting with the chest from the side, rather than the front until the next version or bugfix comes out.

Thank you, the game no longer freezes although Cirno takes a step down after interaction. I'll be finishing off the demo and testing for other bugs by the end of today, hopefully.

Edit: Just finished the demo and beaten Lunatic Flandre. There weren't any bugs as far as I could see, and the Flandre fight took me a couple tries as I was in mid 20s and didn't realise you had to guard some of the attacks (Destruction Rain). The
Spoiler:
Elis
at the end of the chapter probably had a new trick or something when she was about to die, but I didn't manage to see it as I killed her the next turn.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:17:01 AM by Randomizer »

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2014, 07:45:07 AM »
Just finished the demo and beaten Lunatic Flandre. There weren't any bugs as far as I could see, and the Flandre fight took me a couple tries as I was in mid 20s and didn't realise you had to guard some of the attacks (Destruction Rain). The
Spoiler:
Elis
at the end of the chapter probably had a new trick or something when she was about to die, but I didn't manage to see it as I killed her the next turn.
Nice job! Everyone else, join our ranks!
And Elis just gains a bunch of spells - all-party-hit attacks like Immolate, Gigavolt and Freeze plus Lifeshaver.
I was originally going to do that, but I wanted the shields to be theme-named and obtained in the order of rainbow colors (ROYGBIV + Black and White) due to the sidequest involving making a rainbow shield or sword. There's no Cyan in ROYGBIV, so I changed water from blue to indigo and made ice blue.
Oh. I sorta forgot about ROYGBIV when I was typing this.
Speaking of elemental shields, how useful a Water shield would be? (Don't remember ANYONE in Makai using Aqua...) Or Earth shield? (Will there even be enemy Earth attacks?) Or Wind shield? Or Sap shield? Or Dark one?

Oh, and one more thing. Should overworld sprites be based off characters' original appearance or their Touhoumon battle sprites? (Mai, for example, looks quite different...)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »
I'm actually slowly working on ripping the animation battle sprites of the new touhou puppet dance performance, these may be of some help... some where/how. I don't know lol.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2014, 01:06:09 PM »
Oh, and one more thing. Should overworld sprites be based off characters' original appearance or their Touhoumon battle sprites? (Mai, for example, looks quite different...)
The game currently uses place holder for Yuki and Mai
Yuki=Marisa(lol)
Mai= umm..... Fairy perhaps?
I'm actually slowly working on ripping the animation battle sprites of the new touhou puppet dance performance, these may be of some help... some where/how. I don't know lol.
Is there any Yuki and Mai overworld sprite?

I think Puppet Dance Performance animation should be best used in FF style battle.

I can't find Sakuya after I beat her. I think Cirno killed her after finding her pad. It's kinda ironic don't you think?

Wow, this game kinda famous lately don't you think

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »
The game currently uses place holder for Yuki and Mai
Thanks, but I already know, it's stated in this topic.
They might be useful for creating overworld sprites. That is, if there's anybody who wasn't in Gensoukyou Gensou Nikki (Okay, there's Seija, but I'm not sure if she will even be in T⑨MQ).
I can't find Sakuya after I beat her. I think Cirno killed her after finding her pad. It's kinda ironic don't you think?
Beat Flandre and search upstairs in Remilia's room.
Wow, this game kinda famous lately don't you think
Only 7 people wrote here since Alpha v3 release. Kinda hard to call it "famous". I'll have to admit, though, the community is quite active currently.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2014, 06:01:06 PM »
Edit: Just finished the demo and beaten Lunatic Flandre. There weren't any bugs as far as I could see, and the Flandre fight took me a couple tries as I was in mid 20s and didn't realise you had to guard some of the attacks (Destruction Rain). The
Spoiler:
Elis

I didn't realize you could use guard on the powerful attacks.
That problem will be remedied shortly.

I generally prefer original appearance with regard to the overworld sprites.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »

I figured lol. I'm only a beginner in spriting so trying to think of a way around it is s bit hard. If you don't mind the default style of sprites in RPGMVXA I can use my Game Character hub program to get you those two.

Example of the Reimu I made for my game.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »
Here:
http://trombe41084177.blog47.fc2.com/page-3.html
I've found many sprites of PC-98 characters to use in my game, which I'm still working on. I'm just lazy and didn't update anything here.
Mai:

Yuki:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:38:58 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
I didn't realize you could use guard on the powerful attacks.
That problem will be remedied shortly.
Wasn't it sorta obvious? I mean, Destruction Rain deals little more than a quarter of character's health every time, so how else could anybody survive a spam of 4? And isn't "be able to potentially survive strong attacks" the whole point of guarding? If you're going to make guard not be able to lessen damage from powerful attacks, you may as well take it out of the game, because then it'll be useless.
Aw, a pity, because I've been working on Touhoumon-styled Mai... Well, whatever. I still have standing sprites pretty workable, if you're interested.
Here:
[link]
I've found many sprites of PC-98 characters to use in my game, which I'm still working on. I'm just lazy and didn't update anything here.
You'd better reupload images as attachments or on less known image hosts like this one, because EvilNazgul doesn't seem to be able to see images on Imgur.
Sprites aren't bad, but their style is pretty different from the Gensou Nikki one. Not sure if s/he'll take them into the game.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:29:41 PM by Searinox119 »

« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »
I finished this a couple of days ago. The only new powers I've gotten so far are ill-starred dive and revive (from Koakuma). All of my characters so far are all at level 20. I found the bosses to be somewhat easy (perhaps because I chose the Reaver from the Yukkuri).  As for the water dripping problem, it was resolved when I shut down and restarted the computer. When Mystia joins the party, instead of "Take down the SDM gatekeeper", I think it would be more natural to say "Take down Hong Meiling". Also, will armor, headgear, and more combination powers be implemented? Is there anything at the
Spoiler:
Tower of Reflection
and
Spoiler:
Forest of Illusions
implemented yet? They're both blocked off.

Koog

« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
Here:

Well, these are the best sprites I could find.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:10:36 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2014, 10:19:12 PM »
Wasn't it sorta obvious? I mean, Destruction Rain deals little more than a quarter of character's health every time, so how else could anybody survive a spam of 4? And isn't "be able to potentially survive strong attacks" the whole point of guarding? If you're going to make guard not be able to lessen damage from powerful attacks, you may as well take it out of the game, because then it'll be useless.

You'll still be able to guard against attacks like Destruction Rain, it was the HP halving, HP to one, and OHKO attacks that I was mainly concerned about. Sorry for not being clearer in that regard.

Aw, a pity, because I've been working on Touhoumon-styled Mai... Well, whatever. I still have standing sprites pretty workable, if you're interested.
Well, let me see what you got. I might still accept it if it looks good enough.

Also, will armor, headgear, and more combination powers be implemented? Is there anything at the
Spoiler:
Tower of Reflection
and
Spoiler:
Forest of Illusions
implemented yet? They're both blocked off.
Armor and headgear will come more into play as the game progresses (I'm planning on the first armor being introduced either in Chapter 3 or late into the Chapter 2.)

The
Spoiler:
Tower of Reflection
and
Spoiler:
Forest of Illusion
will be where Makai's optional bosses will be fought.
Spoiler:
Each of those bosses will drop an item that will be used in a sidequest involving Nitori in Chapter 3.

Here:

Well, these are the best sprites I could find.

Not quite the style I'm looking for, but I can probably use these as better-looking placeholders in the meantime.
Did you also happen to find Shinki or Yumeko on that site, by chance?

Koog

« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »
Not quite the style I'm looking for, but I can probably use these as better-looking placeholders in the meantime.
Did you also happen to find Shinki or Yumeko on that site, by chance?

Yumeko:

Shinki:

Yumeko's sprite is bigger than common sprites.
Mwahahahahha!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2014, 11:36:56 PM »
Yumeko:

Shinki:

Yumeko's sprite is bigger than common sprites.

lol @ midget Shinki.
I'm definitely going to use these as placeholders, the placeholders I'm using for them right now are the ugliest things I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:52:37 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2014, 06:54:33 AM »
Guard really is useless. I think guard should be best used when the boss about to use powerful attack. But in here, when the boss charging it's attack it translate as:
Yukari: use 2 Hi Potion before she'll kill you
Flandre(single): Free round of beatdown
Fighting four of them really depends on insane MAT, insane luck, really high HP and RNG on your side.

Two question:
Is there going to be any Hopeless Boss Fight in this game?
I noticed that only Wriggle and Mystia uses TP for their skills. Will Cirno and Rumia learn TP based skills?

« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2014, 08:49:35 AM »
Guard really is useless. I think guard should be best used when the boss about to use powerful attack. But in here, when the boss charging it's attack it translate as:
Yukari: use 2 Hi Potion before she'll kill you
Flandre(single): Free round of beatdown
Fighting four of them really depends on insane MAT, insane luck, really high HP and RNG on your side.
Well, Guard might be somewhat useful if one of your characters is running low on health and something powerful is coming next turn. It's also very useful if you're running around with an underpowered team. It's also required to survive the Destruction Rain spam (unless your party has 3996 MAT combined and can crush one of Flans within 2 turns). I see your point, though.
There's already a first round with Meiling. Even if you were to beat her (which is impossible since v2.1, because she can't die if Mystia is not in your team) the plot will resume as usual - you lost, go and assemble your team. Don't know if there will be others.
You'll still be able to guard against attacks like Destruction Rain, it was the HP halving, HP to one, and OHKO attacks that I was mainly concerned about. Sorry for not being clearer in that regard.
Oh, alright then.
Well, let me see what you got. I might still accept it if it looks good enough.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »

Oh my, that looks very good. Wish I was that good!

BTW sorry it's taken me so long on a simple resize, an issue with my pc came up and had to fix it which ruined my file of the game so I couldn't get a comparison shot. You still want it in the top corner like what you have now?

« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2014, 10:18:05 AM »
The 5 question marks may be YuugenMagan's eyes. However, you should only see the question marks if you imported an old save file.

Minor bug report: I was playing through the demo again and noticed that entry #40 in the bestiary is supposed to be WTF, but on my save file after I defeated
Spoiler:
Lunatic Flandre
, entry #40 turned into ??????s, and I have defeated 5 of them. I have definitely not imported the save files in from another version. All of my save files before I fought her were fine and displayed the bestiary correctly, but the ones after defeating
Spoiler:
Flan (either mode doesn't matter)
show ??????s instead. WTF in the bestiary is not replaced, everything after #40 is just pushed back by one.

Also, on my first playthrough I took down all of YuugenMagan's eyes at once and I didn't see the second phase of the battle. I was just curious if this is something you will prevent or if it is a valid tactic to bypass the second phase.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:38:00 AM by Randomizer »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »
Two question:
I noticed that only Wriggle and Mystia uses TP for their skills. Will Cirno and Rumia learn TP based skills?
Like Searinox said, the first encounter with Meiling counts as one. There will also be a couple more in the future
Cirno and Rumia won't be able to use TP skills until late-game or until they get a combo with one of Mystia's songs.

That's really good! I'll accept it.

You still want it in the top corner like what you have now?

Yes.

« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
That's really good! I'll accept it.
Alright then. Here's the version with my not-very-good (from my point of view, at least) animations:

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2014, 07:47:52 PM »
Alright then. Here's the version with my not-very-good (from my point of view, at least) animations:

I'll put this in the game right away.

EDIT: New progress video. Featuring: a new encounter with the 3 Fairies, the Indigo Shield, my shitty battle sprite for the antagonist that I made myself, and a new Hopeless Boss Fight.
I probably made that walkway a bit too long...  :P
Also, creating the major cutscene featured in the video made me realize how much I need "downed" sprites for some of the characters...
And for Irony's sake, I put the water elemental shield in a chamber full of magma.
Spoiler:
And no, Daisanji is not immune to physical attacks. It's just that his defense is much higher than everything encountered before him, meaning those who don't level grind will probably be unable to scratch him. His magic defense is also significantly higher.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:56:05 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2014, 07:53:24 AM »
EDIT: New progress video. Featuring: a new encounter with the 3 Fairies, the Indigo Shield, my shitty battle sprite for the antagonist that I made myself, and a new Hopeless Boss Fight.
That Three Fairies battle made me cry... with bloody tears... Why are they (both fairies and Team 9) beginning-of-Makai level? And why haven't you even healed after it!?
That cutscene is so illogical, too. Quick question: You're the mighty creator of the realm, capable of doing ridiculous things. Somebody is trying to take something important from your realm, something you can just create again but don't want to give it to anybody. What are you going to do?
A) Blast this someone to pieces. If that something is destroyed... a pity, but you can create a new one.
B) Attempt to cut off that something from someone with barriers or something similar. As an option, revert to plan A afterwards.
C) Ask one of your quickest demons/create an invisible quick demon so it would swoop in and take that something. As an option, revert to plan A afterwards.
D) Just talk.
I probably made that walkway a bit too long...
Too long indeed...
And for Irony's sake, I put the water elemental shield in a chamber full of magma.
This was the core of Makai, right? Where then are you supposed to put Violet shield?
Spoiler:
And no, Daisanji is not immune to physical attacks. It's just that his defense is much higher than everything encountered before him, meaning those who don't level grind will probably be unable to scratch him. His magic defense is also significantly higher.
:D Hopeless Boss Fight, then? Let me guess, even if we were to subject him to total annihilation within 5 or so turns, the scene will not change?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:51:37 PM by Searinox119 »

« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2014, 08:26:04 AM »

I skimmed through the fight, and it seems like there were no new mechanics or anything. I noticed that there is a new potion that heals all HP though, will that be the final tier of potions in the game already? Or is it a potion you can only obtain from a chest and nowhere else until late-game? The fight with Daisanji seems pretty cool, but I'm curious as if he(?) can actually be beat with some level-grinding, or if he is like Meiling - unable to die at all. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this fight!

That cutscene is so illogical, too. Quick question: You're the mighty creator of the realm, capable of doing ridiculous things. Somebody is trying to take something important from your realm, something you can just create again but don't want to give it to anybody. What are you going to do?
A) Blast this someone to pieces. If that something is destroyed... a pity, but you can create a new one.
B) Attempt to cut off that something from someone with barriers or something similar. As an option, revert to plan A afterwards.
C) Ask one of your quickest demons/create an invisible quick demon so it would swoop in and take that something. As an option, revert to plan A afterwards.
D) Just talk.

It would be pretty awkward if the final boss of the game was blown to bits by an NPC. :V. I see where you're going though, Shinki didn't have the brightest idea to keep talking. It would sort of make sense if she was injured beforehand and couldn't do anything except bluff, though.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »

I probably made that walkway a bit too long...  :P
Now THAT is a Hopeless Boss Fight, I thought that hooded youkai only all talk and kidnap.
I can't wait to kick his shitty ass.
The fight with Daisanji seems pretty cool, but I'm curious as if he(?) can actually be beat with some level-grinding, or if he is like Meiling - unable to die at all. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this fight!
It's a shame that the fight ends too fast.
That video only show two of his moves.
D) Just talk.
That cutscene is pure comedy on par with Nicolas Cage's The Wicker Man.
I think I pick a fifth option:
E) Make an empty threat and let him hit you.
No wonder Shinki had an ahoge.

Still, why did Daisanji kidnap Daiyosei of all people?

Wait a minute, Daisanji? Daiyosei?
Oh My God!!!