Author Topic: 东方百花宴 - The Flower Shooter  (Read 16152 times)

东方百花宴 - The Flower Shooter
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:52:00 AM »
As far as I know, this hasn't been posted yet, so...

A Chinese Touhou fangame came out this month after a few months of beta, called 东方百花宴 - The Flower Shooter, in which you play as Aya. I just cleared the main game and I have to say that it's really fun and well-polished!--although slightly on the easy side. I'm not too into the story, but you can to translate the Chinese in the Baidu link below or in the readme.

A video of lunatic.
The creator posted a description of the game on Baidu and download link a little down the page.
MEGA mirror
Mediafire mirror by Thanbo

There are two requirements to play: .NET Framework 3.5 and SlimFX (installer in the download). If THX.exe doesn't work, try AppLocale with Chinese. If your game still crashes during the loading screen, change the system locale to Chinese. The creator also linked to a bug report page in the Baidu thread.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:46:58 AM by Sidedishes »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: 东方百花宴 - The Flower Shooter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 05:57:36 AM »
Yeah, it's not working for me. I keep getting this error every time I try to open it:

Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »
Similar error here.
[attach=1]

Tried all different Chinese locale options. Simplified gives me the above error, while Traditional gives none, althout the program just exits after a while on the splash screen.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:53:48 AM by Emerald »

Thanbo

• Wow! I can have a "Custom Title" now!?
  • Take risks! No regrets...
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
I think you need to run the whole setup process using the setup.exe file and use the installed folder instead of just going to the main folder and run thX.exe.
I also changed my system locale to Chinese(simplified, PRC) and it ran smoothy.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:39:39 AM »
The game works fine in Windows 8.1, I only installed SlimDX (downloaded from official site, just to be safe), .NET and used AppLocale for Chinese.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »
I think you need to run the whole setup process using the setup.exe file and use the installed folder instead of just going to the main folder and run thX.exe.

That didn't seem to come included with the Mega archive. Guess I'll have to try the other link.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »
Hah! I watched that first stage of that video, and Daiyousei shooting at the rhythm of the music is just great. In fact, all enemies appear to do so. They also spawn on the rhythm of the music.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:57:58 PM by Quwanti »

Thanbo

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 01:27:23 PM »
Here's a link I uploaded on Mediafire(the rar file in the Chinese website).
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b80kvibd57xkf8/the+Flower+Shooter.rar
Uploaded my first run too (1cc), sorry for the bad quality, it's my first time uploading a nearly 30 minute-long video and all...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcnX1WtnOk#t=1009
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:33:02 PM by Thanbo »

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 01:38:24 PM »
it's not been promoted here due to some resources abuse. the staff is working on the acknowledgement lists and when it's completed i will let you guys know asap. :ohdear:

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 06:50:11 PM »
And don't forget to run it with administrator too.

Edit: I blind 1cc'd this game on Normal, looks like the difficulty is too tame :P Gotta try Hard next time.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:53:44 PM by Szayelaporro Granz »
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 07:47:25 PM »
I blind 1cc'd this game on Normal, looks like the difficulty is too tame :P Gotta try Hard next time.

Same here, but I guess that is alright for normal mode. Balancing difficulties is not easy. It kinda jumped mid stage 3 bossfight and then stayed at that level for pretty much the rest of the game.

Though I really like the ideas. The synchronization of projectiles and music in certain parts and stage 5 were quite nice.
Spoiler:
But I'd really like to know what the deal with that unlockable paper plane is.

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 08:03:15 PM »
I tried Hard and yes, I semi-blindy cleared it *headscratch* I'm somewhat happy though since this's the first time I blind clear Hard on any Touhou game. I'm curious how difficult Lunatic will be for my level :wat:

Edit: I also noticed how big the deathbomb window is. Not quite as big as in IN, but noticeably bigger than most official Touhou shmups.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:53:28 PM by Szayelaporro Granz »
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »
I watched the last couple stages of Lunatic in the replay video and the difficulty looked pretty all over the place.  A couple boss things looked like they fit the difficulty while several other things looked like something I'd expect from Normal or even Easy.  The stage portions in particular look pretty boring.  Also wow, did they really rip music from Little Busters for this?

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 11:03:35 PM »
Trying to get this garbage to work but no luck so far. When I try to install Framework 3.5, I get this error:

Yeah, right. There's a bunch of windows features I can turn on or off, and it's not pointing out which one I should choose.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 11:28:35 PM »
it's not been promoted here due to some resources abuse. the staff is working on the acknowledgement lists and when it's completed i will let you guys know asap. :ohdear:
Arrrrgh sorry if this isn't allowed because of resources in the game... It does indeed look like there's music and graphics taken from official games.
I'm pretty sure Windows 7 comes with .NET 3.5 already, but not SlimDX. What error do you get when you run the game?

Thanbo

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 12:14:37 AM »
And don't forget to run it with administrator too.

Wait... I didn't run it with administrator and the game still works fine.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 12:43:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure Windows 7 comes with .NET 3.5 already, but not SlimDX.

I think I have this SlimDX thing already, look:

What error do you get when you run the game?

This:

I already tried Chinese Applocale (both Simplified and Traditional). Didn't solve the issue.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:45:28 AM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 04:43:54 AM »
I already tried Chinese Applocale (both Simplified and Traditional). Didn't solve the issue.
Ok, I just tested the game on another computer. I downloaded the MEGA link (so no game installer) and installed SlimDX. With AppLocale + Chinese simplified, the game crashes. However, after changing my system to Chinese locale, I was able to run the game fine. So, try that instead of just AppLocale.

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 06:49:02 AM »
the crash comes from the Chinese pictures and resources names.
when loading those resources, the program cannot recognize names in English system.

so you may change the system to Chinese locale.

Sorry for this compatibility error.

1.00a updated, that error has not been fixed for there are no naming conventions and the producer was not prepared to promote this game abroad.

I'm having some problems with MediaFire. Here is the update

other:

1. the green plane will be unlocked after you clear N,H mode (each difficulty for one type). Clearing lunatic will unlock all two shoot types.

2. deathbomb allowing time is 20f (0.33s).

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:52:41 AM by rsy_type1 »

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 08:24:42 AM »
Was this game supposed to be released later? Because staff roll mentions June 2014 which is likely to be release date.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »
Was this game supposed to be released later? Because staff roll mentions June 2014 which is likely to be release date.

It's an accident...[attach=3]
The producer has mistaken "April"  for  "June".

[attach=2] WRONG

[attach=1] RIGHT

Thanbo

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »
I don't think there's an extra stage in this game... kinda disappointing...  :(

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »
Thanks for the update rsy  :)  I had a problem with the original game crashing after the load screen (program has stopped responding) but it seems to work now if I use v1.00a.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »
Yeah, now the game works on the second laptop too.

About bugs - is it only me or the game doesn't save settings for sound/music volume? Or it's caused by playing the game with AppLocale?

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 12:56:48 PM »
I can't help but express concern on this game. Not only does it use official sprites/portraits, but it also uses arranges from other circles, notably 究極の真実 ~ the Ultimate Truth by dBu. Plus, the game feels too easy, probably due to the lenient deathbomb window (0.33 seconds is within normal human reaction time (~0.215 s)). Also, the sound effects volume is very inconsistent (shooting/dying SFX are about normal volume, while the sound effect if you get e.g. an extend are barely audible). One neat thing I have to say though is that the enemies shoot in rhythm to the music, especially in Stage 5.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2014, 12:59:38 PM »
Okay, so now it works with AppLocale with the 1.00a patch... and I have the same concern as fsvgm, really.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
I can't help but express concern on this game. Not only does it use official sprites/portraits, but it also uses arranges from other circles, notably 究極の真実 ~ the Ultimate Truth by dBu. Plus, the game feels too easy, probably due to the lenient deathbomb window (0.33 seconds is within normal human reaction time (~0.215 s)). Also, the sound effects volume is very inconsistent (shooting/dying SFX are about normal volume, while the sound effect if you get e.g. an extend are barely audible). One neat thing I have to say though is that the enemies shoot in rhythm to the music, especially in Stage 5.
Pretty much this. Deathbomb window is not the only factor that makes it too easy, certain patterns in higher difficulties don't even deserve a place. Again, I don't expect much from Chinese products.
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »
Again, I don't expect much from Chinese products.
Let's keep the racist shit out of here please.  It's pretty fucking rude.  I could also say the same thing about 90% of the shit churned out by any other country, Japan and America included.  The game may not be amazing, but aside from some of the stage design it's not terrible either.  And even if it were terrible, making a bad game is still no excuse to shit on China and generalize 1.3 billion people.

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 04:36:27 PM »
Let's keep the racist shit out of here please.  It's pretty fucking rude.  I could also say the same thing about 90% of the shit churned out by any other country, Japan and America included.  The game may not be amazing, but aside from some of the stage design it's not terrible either.  And even if it were terrible, making a bad game is still no excuse to shit on China and generalize 1.3 billion people.
Ok, I'm sorry for being rude. I didn't mean to make that post racistic. I'm a Chinese myself, but born in another country and I personally don't really mind/pay attention to the whole "made in China" comments made by those "racists". Let's get back to the topic now.
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music