Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364757 times)

Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams
« Reply #870 on: December 01, 2018, 03:26:44 PM »
It looks like it's a compilation of all four games in Dream's engine, yeah.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like there's updates to the engine even from Dream - it has native widescreen now, for one.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:08:27 PM by Eilaris »

« Reply #871 on: December 01, 2018, 04:32:49 PM »
Now THAT's like a Dream come true.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #872 on: December 04, 2018, 01:27:23 AM »
Hopefully they'll do some animation touchups for some of the older characters, mainly Sakuya and base Keine.   Also, as much as Alice is loaded with attacks already, I'm still a bit miffed that she didn't get an attack with the Goliath Doll.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #873 on: December 04, 2018, 04:46:07 PM »
They're working on a complete version of GST, a compilation of all 4 games.

Wonder how Scarlet would function on that, with the mechanical changes it has.

Also the Sakuya bonus story.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #874 on: December 07, 2018, 07:00:18 AM »
Wonder how Scarlet would function on that, with the mechanical changes it has.

Also the Sakuya bonus story.

To quote Nyttyn from the Dream translation LP thread (not exactly an answer, but related to your speculation)

nah there's probably a lot of work to be done. They can reuse a lot of the assets, true, but even so - assuming that they just do a conservative "okay you can play all four games, no further bells and whistles," they have to port over every single stage into their new engine, decide how the new skills and balance changes are going to be handled on the leveling curve, fix the early game economy (because you get a MECTRIC fuckton more resources suddenly going from chapter 15 to 16 onward), re-balance games 1 and 2 around the different skills, fix all the various glitches, make the old bosses play nicely with the new systems accumulated over the years, figure out how NG+ will be implemented, rebalance games 1-3 around their new difficulty sliders.

Then, there's varying degrees more work they could put on themselves. From updating art assets, to updating attack animations, to new songs, to a NG+ all characters (which would require revisiting the growth curve of every single character), to playable Meeko and Makura, to bonus post-game chapters or challenges, and to re-writing the plot a bit to fix old stuff that doesn't work so well.

Perhaps they could even put in Playable Akyuu (HINT HINT SANBONDO)

Since we don't know how far they're going with this it's kind of hard to speculate how much work there is, but at minimum there's a LOT of work to be done still. It might seem as simple as "hey just port all the chapters of 1 to 3 over to 4," but even that's more complicated than it seems.

« Reply #875 on: December 08, 2018, 04:13:08 AM »
This will definitely take a lot of time, since they need to redraw all attack animations, as the game will a widescreen format.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #876 on: February 09, 2019, 09:13:33 PM »
It seems from Sanbondo's latest tweet (below) that the 'Complete' version will use the newer SP mechanics introduced in Super Robot Wars Z3 (and tweaked since then?).  That can certainly change things up, though I don't have firsthand experience to know how that balances out in modern SRW games.

https://twitter.com/sanbondo/status/1094108568528183296

« Reply #877 on: February 10, 2019, 01:46:18 AM »
It seems from Sanbondo's latest tweet (below) that the 'Complete' version will use the newer SP mechanics introduced in Super Robot Wars Z3 (and tweaked since then?).  That can certainly change things up, though I don't have firsthand experience to know how that balances out in modern SRW games.

https://twitter.com/sanbondo/status/1094108568528183296

I didn?t understand a bit about what you ... I noticed only a free slot under the seishins, which can mean the presence of twin seishins, from the mechanics of Original Generation series.

Although I just noticed that they do not have full SP in the start ... this is about 58~60% for all. In Z3, units started at 50%.
This is a strange decision, given their dislike for the SP-regeneration. And on the Hard, question about SP is rather painful.

UPD: The screenshot shows that in the upper left corner, Sanae has +10 opposite SP. With this, it turns out that they have 50% at the start.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:22:20 AM by Nikkanoffun »

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #878 on: February 10, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »
I didn?t understand a bit about what you ... I noticed only a free slot under the seishins, which can mean the presence of twin seishins, from the mechanics of Original Generation series.

Although I just noticed that they do not have full SP in the start ... this is about 58~60% for all. In Z3, units started at 50%.
This is a strange decision, given their dislike for the SP-regeneration. And on the Hard, question about SP is rather painful.

UPD: The screenshot shows that in the upper left corner, Sanae has +10 opposite SP. With this, it turns out that they have 50% at the start.

Starting at only a certain percentage of SP certainly would take the bite out of SP regen's OP-ness, especially only a 5 SP per turn regen.  Even Extend Lv 2 only restores a third of a unit's total, so it can't be easily recovered that way.........assuming they keep the Extend skill unchanged from Dream.   

I've read some of the newer games also use some kind of 'Tension' mechanic for SP restoration, but I haven't looked into it further than a thread or two on gamefqs from Z3.  I think it's been tweaked since then, since some PVs of newer games mentioned it, iirc.......or maybe I'm recalling wrong.

Having OG's twin seishins may be interesting, though personally I've never been much of a fan.  To me, it would also be interesting, if they re-balance the game so that enemies will spawn in two person teams as well,  at least on higher difficulties.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #879 on: February 17, 2019, 02:44:25 AM »
All four characters shown in the screenshot have exactly 50%+10 SP, so that's probably the amount of SP regeneration per turn - if such a thing exists

« Reply #880 on: August 17, 2019, 11:09:39 AM »
Just got to stage 56 of Complete Box where the victory condition doesn't work in Ver. 1.0.2.1 (Ver. 1.0.3 has been released as I write this post), and I also managed to extract all the asset files this time (same storage format as FMW4, different data formats). The main differences in Complete Box are:
  • Yes, everyone gets SP regeneration (+10 per turn), and like the PS4 SRW games, you can use Seishins during the enemy phase. The empty space below the Seishin list is not for twin Seishins, it displays the active Seishins.
  • Combat (and event) animations are reused; they are all letterboxed at 4:3.
  • Because you only get one save file throughout the whole story, the clear bonuses have been modified:
    • S15 (first Flandre fight): 300,000 gold, 100 WP, Scarlet Soul, Sake, Auto Hint, everyone reaches at least Lv. 13.
    • S34 (Yukari fight): 500,000 gold, 110 WP, Mystic Memory, Portable Gap, everyone reaches at least Lv. 30. Unit upgrade up to rank 7 is unlocked.
    • S40 (Reimu v.s. Marisa): Everyone reaches at least Lv. 36.
    • S55 (Berserk Utsuho fight): 1,000,000 gold, 120 WP, Exceeded Eternity, everyone reaches at least Lv. 52. Unit upgrade up to rank 10 is unlocked.
    • S77:
      Spoiler:
      10,000,000 gold, 100 WP, and a new item called 夢の軌跡 that gives you an extra action every turn with no conditions.
  • The mastery conditions have been renamed to EX Missions. Clearing them gives 10,000 gold, and you receive a fixed 10 WP per map regardless of whether the EX Mission is cleared or not. Some EX Missions are significantly easier than before.
  • A lot of parts have been improved. I compiled a list of all parts here (spoilers ahead because this includes the game clear item mentioned above).
  • Everyone gets higher focused movement ranges, and nobody gets B or below for night affinity anymore (in particular Reimu, Marisa, and Sunny Milk).
  • Full Power Mode is now enabled in the middle of S42 (Eirin fight), instead of at the beginning of S56. Pairs are still unavailable until S35.
  • You get the new personal skills even during the FMW1 arc. This is more or less expected.
  • There are two extra "Interlude" stages. The first one is placed after S11 (Remilia fight), and introduces
    Spoiler:
    Kosuzu Motoori
    into the story (it appears she later
    Spoiler:
    becomes a subpilot of Seirensen
    , but this hasn't happened up to S56). The second is placed after S49 (return from Moon), where
    Spoiler:
    Reimu reveals "Fantasy Nature" to the ones who stayed in Gensokyo, and you fight her with the Baka Quartet / Daiyousei / Fairies of Light / Kurumi.
  • Sakuya's route and the SSiB reprise scenarios (added in FMW4 Ver. 1.2.0) seem to stay. Not sure if they can be unlocked though (Sakuya route S3's EX Mission has been dummied out).

And now, the more specific differences I noticed:
  • Rumia's "Night Bird" and Cirno's "Icicle Fall" now come with their debuffs, and the respective personal skills enhance them a bit.
  • Apart from Sakuya, you also get to use Meiling, Elly, and Kurumi, all 4 in their FMW2 forms, during the Flandre fight.
  • On Marisa's route, Koishi receives "Shooting Love" and her FMW4 BGM in S25, and then later in S29 she pairs up with Marisa, although she doesn't attack and you cannot swap their positions.
  • Aya receives a Reporter form as she joins you. She keeps Tengu Gale Bullet (with range changed to 1-4), and gets a post-movement MAP weapon "Danmaku Filming" that clears danmaku on the map.
  • Reimu and Marisa switch to their old forms on S56, and it seems you can switch between the two forms afterwards. They appear identical to before, but each unit gains a MAP weapon; Reimu's is "Omnidirectional Oni-Binding Circle", and Marisa's is "Master Spark".
  • A lot of things are unlocked at the beginning of the FMW3 arc rather than in FMW4. The ones I can remember are Sanae's alternate forms (except for "God's Wind"), Rumia's "Midnight Bird", Elly and Kurumi's "Reflector Tile", Momiji's "Tengu Platoon's Simultaneous Attack", Patchouli's "Royal Flare", and Merlin / Lyrica / Murasa's personal skills.
  • Firefly Gem gives S night affinity instead of A. This is really powerful, for instance Reimu and Meiling could now receive SS sky / land affinity from Rumia plus their own personal skills during the early FMW2 arc (Reimu's "Flying Mysterious Shrine Maiden" is learnt at Lv. 27 instead of Lv. 55).
  • Mystia's song effects have been revamped. In the order they appear: (effect increases as Power raises)
    • "Song of the Night Sparrow": Increases accuracy / evasion by 20% (10% for MAP weapon). The old version increased the corresponding pilot stats instead.
    • "Mysterious Song": Same as before (HP restoration).
    • "Howl of the Horned Owl": Increases Power by 10 (5 for MAP weapon), a.k.a. Totsugeki Love Heart. The old version increased the Defense and Maneuver stats.
    • "Midnight Chorus Master": Increases damage dealt in the next attack by 20% (10% for MAP weapon). The old version increased the Melee, Ranged, and Accuracy stats.
  • The team split from S59 to S61 still happens, but the order between the stages can no longer be altered, so the game always proceeds through Nue -> Medicine -> Kogasa.

And finally, inside the asset files are
Spoiler:
playable versions of Meeko and Makura, their personal skills, and what appear to be 5 stages planned for a new Meeko's route, with no associated dialog data yet
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:53:13 PM by HertzDevil »

« Reply #881 on: August 18, 2019, 07:41:51 PM »
I suspect that the Sakuya route will be added later, and will immediately after the Scarlet incident (as new EX chapters)
Сomplit Box is actually not quite ready yet, there are a lot of errors and unrealized content (they wrote that even for "Ei" there is something that has not been added now)

I think that A-rank for the night in all the characters - most likely a bug. They can take off B-rank with Keine / Youmu. But doing it to everyone is very strange.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 07:43:48 PM by Nikkanoffun »

« Reply #882 on: August 19, 2019, 04:50:39 AM »
It seems that Akyuu can now be a playable unit in Reimu's route only, you need to have her reach the flowers in chapter 4R, by doing this event, later on the game (chapter 50), you'll get a choice for Akyuu to remain on the ship or to try danmaku battles, choosing the latter will have her become a playable unit.

On the other hand, it seems Lily Black is now a Marisa route exclusive, you no longer get her by default, instead, you need to trigger 2 events in stages 38M and 46. I'm not 100% sure about it, but it seems that in 38M you need to have Lily step on the trap where Usagi is held to trigger some dialogue, and in stage 46 you need to have Lily defeat an enemy (which will also trigger some dialogue).

« Reply #883 on: August 19, 2019, 03:34:59 PM »
Stopping at S64 this time because in Version 1.0.3 Koishi retains her Marisa route S29 stats when she rejoins.

They have added cut-ins to the strongest weapons for units that never received one in previous games. Those units are: Akyuu, Aya, Daiyousei, Elly, Fairies of Light, Hina, Koakuma, Kurumi, Letty, Lily White / Black, Minoriko + Shizuha (Super Aki Sisters Kick, not the Kai version), Momiji, Nitori, Ran, Rei'sen assault form (Bayonet Strike), Suika, Tewi, Yamame, Yuugi, and Yumeko.

Also, enemies never perform critical hits; even Hina and Eirin's danmaku effects have been altered so that they never have the critical hit guarantees.

It seems that Akyuu can now be a playable unit in Reimu's route only, you need to have her reach the flowers in chapter 4R, by doing this event, later on the game (chapter 50), you'll get a choice for Akyuu to remain on the ship or to try danmaku battles, choosing the latter will have her become a playable unit.
After looking further this seems to be the case. Now that she is indeed playable, here are her personal skills:
  • 九代目のサヴァン (The Ninth Generation Savant): When unit casts Alert, applies the spirit command to both units of the team.
  • 妖怪博士 (Youkai Doctor) L2: In combat against Youkai foes, increases damage dealt and accuracy / evasion rates by 50% (30% at L1).
  • 求聞持 (Gumonji): Doubles the effect of Scan.
  • 筆は剣よりも強し (The Pen is Mightier than The Sword): Grants weapon power +1000 and range +5 to Brush. Doesn't appear to work?

There are also playable versions of
Spoiler:
Giant Catfish and Hisoutensoku ZERO (the version with the "Winkysoft-era" animations previously used by the enemy variant)
in the data files; they have no battle dialogs, so it is likely they are unfinished at this point. (
Spoiler:
Giant Catfish also receives friendship bonuses from the playable version of Meeko.
)
On the other hand, it seems Lily Black is now a Marisa route exclusive, you no longer get her by default, instead, you need to trigger 2 events in stages 38M and 46. I'm not 100% sure about it, but it seems that in 38M you need to have Lily step on the trap where Usagi is held to trigger some dialogue, and in stage 46 you need to have Lily defeat an enemy (which will also trigger some dialogue).
She needs to defeat an enemy on both stages. That's it.

I suspect that the Sakuya route will be added later, and will immediately after the Scarlet incident (as new EX chapters)
Сomplit Box is actually not quite ready yet, there are a lot of errors and unrealized content (they wrote that even for "Ei" there is something that has not been added now)

I think that A-rank for the night in all the characters - most likely a bug. They can take off B-rank with Keine / Youmu. But doing it to everyone is very strange.
Unlikely, since according to the game files everyone did receive A or S.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 05:46:17 PM by HertzDevil »

« Reply #884 on: August 19, 2019, 09:17:57 PM »
Unlikely, since according to the game files everyone did receive A or S.

Then it just breaks the concept of the night chapters, it is strange to me how, for example, Sunny can have an A-rank for the night.

On the other hand, it seems Lily Black is now a Marisa route exclusive,

so unfair...  :V
I?m sadden, but I think it?s always logical to have someone who will be exclusive on another route.

Also, enemies never perform critical hits;

:V

I have feeling that someone complained too much about the difficulty of the game ... and in this way they went to strange measures to reduce difficulty in general.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:34:06 PM by Nikkanoffun »

« Reply #885 on: August 20, 2019, 04:40:16 AM »
Reimu and Marisa's old forms (with the new MAP weapons) are unlocked only if each unit has 100 kills respectively at the end of S55.

« Reply #886 on: August 20, 2019, 09:24:49 PM »
Although, I checked night ranks in all characters, and it turned out everyone who has a rank below A is the characters from Kou  :V (at the same time, Youmu originally had A... In CB her second attack was 1-4 range (instead of 2-4))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:27:25 PM by Nikkanoffun »

« Reply #887 on: August 22, 2019, 07:12:21 AM »
Some additional changes to PSes and stuff I noticed:

-Enemy info is now shown by default, Scan is thus reworked and now instead makes a scanned enemy receive 5% more damage and deal 5% less damage for a turn, unlike debuffs, this effect carries over even if the enemy declares a new spellcard. Nazrin thus also lost her "auto-scan everyone" skill, though she eventually gets a PS that let's her use Scan on all enemies at once once per stage (doesn't seem that useful, really).
-Keine's Amaterasu got changed to being a Melee attack. Hakutaku Keine was also boosted to S rank on Night, not exactly a big buff, but nice nonetheless.
-Since SP regen is now a common thing, Shinki's SP regen is no longer limited to the first few turns of a chapter, she simply regens an extra 10 SP per turn forever (25 extra if she's given the appropiate PS), Shinki also got a new PS that gives whoever is paired with her 25% HP and MP regen each turn, which is nice.
-Yumeko now also retains her Re-Attack PS when she joins you (can S.Attack herself if above 130 power); Sakuya's Time Paradox was also reworked and no longer has a Skill requirement, simply requiring her to be above 130 power to S.Attack herself.
-Utsuho got the Heat Gauge increase of her attacks reduced, her MAP is now 140 (down from 160), and her other two attacks are 25 and 45 (down from 40 and 80 respectively). She also got 2 new PSes, one reduces Heat Gauge use, allowing her to use her strongest attacks significantly more times (15 and 25 heat respectively, 110 heat for her MAP); the other one increases the range of her MAP attack. Sun Reactor also got reworked, instead of giving you 50 more max power, it simply grants you +20% more damage.
-Both of Suika's size increasing PSes got one additional use per chapter now.
-The HP regen PSes of the 3 fairies got buffed a bit (30% regen for Sunny/Luna, 20% for Star). This means Sunny can reach 40% regen when combined with her natural HP regen (S), which makes the combined 3 fairies even tankier.
-Eiki's "round damage up to the nearest 1000 and accuracy rates to the nearest 10" got reworked, now it simply makes Eiki deal a fixed 5000 damage with her attacks no matter what during one turn (2 uses per chapter and doesn't work against enemies with Special Resistance). Honestly it seems pretty useless.
-Byakuren got a new PS that gives her +1 movement and +2 range to all her weapons when in Super Human form.
-Tenshi got a new PS that let's her cast Assail for free up to two times per chapter. Her skill that reduces Iron Wall's cost also got slightly nerfed to 15 SP cost instead of 10, probably to account for the SP regen.
-Reisen's last PS (the one that allows her to drink Elixirs for extra stats) got buffed, instead of +7 to all stats it's now +10 to all stats per use (so it's +30 now instead of +21 to all stats).
-Yuyuko's Death Butterfly PS (ie instantly kills mooks) now goes up to level 3, giving her up to 3 uses instead of a fixed 2.
-Satori got a new PS that makes her Attune affect both units in a pair.
-Parsee got a new PS that let's her cast Accel and Yell on her pair, two uses per stage.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:20:50 AM by Libra »

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
  • Dreams are your hidden futures.
« Reply #888 on: August 28, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »
What's the difference between Normal and Normal+?
Cuz Normal+ is giving me some random vibes...

« Reply #889 on: August 28, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
Normal+ is the old Normal, and Normal is the old Easy, although even on Normal+ they toned down things a bit towards the end (e.g. Red Sheep no longer has Thick Wool, Utsuho (Nightmare) doesn't keep her personal skill from S55).

Edit: Cleared Marisa route on Normal+. You get 10,000,000 extra gold, 100 WP, 100 PP, and the game clear item if you load the clear data, but cannot proceed. Once they add clear bonuses to the game I am going to do Marisa on Hard with the same save file.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 04:54:48 AM by HertzDevil »

« Reply #890 on: August 30, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »
Normal+ is the old Normal, and Normal is the old Easy, although even on Normal+ they toned down things a bit towards the end (e.g. Red Sheep no longer has Thick Wool, Utsuho (Nightmare) doesn't keep her personal skill from S55).

But before the middle game (Hard) this became a little difficul ... I want to mention Kanako (especially her final spellcard, is virtually impossible to beat without a bomb) and Yuyuko, who became damn tough, Yukari became easier against her background (especially without the possibility do critical).

« Reply #891 on: September 11, 2019, 01:20:55 PM »
IMO the real reason the game much easier is SP regen, makes every chapter in the game winnable with enough time. In the base games on higher difficulties if your reimu?s dead and your supers ran out of SP against a real boss it?s time to restart. Although, it does make some time limit chapters harder cuz no yuyuko rally spam. Some chapter still requires good tactics tho. Namely the Yukari and Okuu. I?d say those are the 2 most difficult chapters in the game.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #892 on: September 12, 2019, 12:37:53 AM »
IMO the real reason the game much easier is SP regen, makes every chapter in the game winnable with enough time. In the base games on higher difficulties if your reimu?s dead and your supers ran out of SP against a real boss it?s time to restart. Although, it does make some time limit chapters harder cuz no yuyuko rally spam. Some chapter still requires good tactics tho. Namely the Yukari and Okuu. I?d say those are the 2 most difficult chapters in the game.

Reading Akurasu, it seems most of the skill points/battle mastery/ ex missions are still the same.  SRW skill points have almost always been more time focused, even after the games switched to the new SP system.  Since FMW switches that formula to barely any time focused objectives, it would make sense that some difficulty is lost because of SP regen.   

Wouldn't rally spam still be somewhat viable first turn with the new Lunar Magatama effect, combined with the usual doll kamikaze?  I can't really test it myself, but it seems like getting off 2 or 3 early Rallies would still be possible......though the morale boosting items seems to be buffed too if Akurasu's lists are accurate.

« Reply #893 on: September 12, 2019, 12:49:47 AM »
Now I got to "Yume" ... and it seems to me that there is clearly some kind of confusion with the balance in the game.
I just express my general impressions:

General point SP-regen and more resources (although there are some problems with PP) of course significantly accelerated game but Hit/Evasion formula was actually taken from "Yume" which makes enemies ~ 20% more accurate (you must use seyshiny and of course all the bosses are now have a good chance of hitting Reimu) they also adjusted bosses from the "Mystic" and "Scarlet" (with some exceptions)

There are also three points:
1) Barrier now work in graze (it is absolutely useless, and eat a huge amount of MP on Reimu, Sanae, Cirno)
2) Enemies do not make critical (I don?t even know how to explain it)
3) The Direct Hit now has no effect on the danmaku (and this is a serious moment ... now you can?t get through the game without bombs)

And now in parts:

1) Scarlet - here almost everything is on the level, but Flan is frankly weak (even Remilia looks impressive), even the status of the final spell card does not help (when her HP in red, attacks less than the 3000 base damage cease to deal damage, although Fantasy Sell still does ~ 1500 damage) and I think 50k(100k in bless) from reward to this spell is too much.

2) Mystic - basically, also on the level (although they removed the blocking skill from Tengu... why?).
Kanako - Reimu doesn't deploy automatically, and it even seemed to me that Сost is less than in the battle with Flan (Suwako, frankly does not represent anything) on the final spell card, when her HP becomes in the area of 5-6k, she stops taking damage from any attacks (Master Spark with the 6th update does in the area ~800 damage, Fantasy Sell ~200) ... either you bomb it, or you can?t do anything. After using the bomb, Fantasy Sell did 3200 damage +2500 from the bomb.

Ran and Chen - You start at 100 power and 50% + 10SP ... they are the only bosses who have not received new skills. (and it?s funny to me that Ran cannot make critical even to Rumia on the final spell) And yes, I want to note that Now calculating the chance of hitting also takes into account the chance of a Bunshin, that is getting me crazy, I just can?t understand the real hit-rate chance.

Youmu - received HP from Lunatic and Bunshin, now it?s not bad compared to the original battle.

Yuyuko ? for now was the hardest boss in the whole game (seriously!) The only one who made me think about battle tactics (since she catches almost all attacks on the shield)

Yukari - just up damage on the last three spellcards(and a little bit of HP), at least Super Type can no longer impunity hit her. In the original, all the difficulty was at the start, where you had to deal with Chen Ran Zenki and Goki before Yukari entered the battle, while you could not spend a lot of SP. Now there is no such problem. She also does not make critical ... which is absurd, given that she has two skills that increase this chance.

3) Eternal now is the most disappointing chapter in terms of difficulty, as soon as you get the FPM ... you just do an average of 20k damage (with support), which is absolutely destructive for the bosses of this part, because for some reason they remained on the old characteristics (or even weakened) which is funny, all the bosses to this point are slightly improved. So in fact, the issue of spending SP does not even arise.

Kaguya - I don?t understand how the second spell card (-40% damage, and normal HP) differs from the third (half HP + barrier + def only) ... barrier is now useless since you have a break barrier status .

Yorihime - it's just ... disappointment, I even forgot that she is on the battlefield, her status of -3 mov range now only works on unfocused movement (like in EX chapter). In general, the battle ended in two phases, and I think that now it is at the Eirin-battle-level.
Ha~Ha And I don't even know if this is a bug https://funkyimg.com/i/2WVRZ.png

Kisume - a status of -70% damage cannot be avoided without a bomb (and there is only one bomb)

Parsee and Yuugi - I was funny when for some reason you now need to mov on the bridge and create a traffic jam. Parsee has become a little bit lighter, Yuugi is surprisingly strong, although her Knockout is no longer terrible, since Direct Hit no longer bypasses defensive seishins.

Yatagarasu Utsuho - this fight was absurd, but not because of the difficult, but because of other nuances: I took Reisen + Kaguya to hold her (and not Eirin + Kaguya) and Reisen constantly dying due to Bunshin activation (I note this happened on almost every boss) as well as Chirno, throughout the game she caught fatal damage with grazing in most of her HP instead the grit effect in boss battle.
I started the fight with 16kHP on non-spell (I forgot that she does MAP) and in one turn I reached the middle of HP of her final spell card, I still have 4 FPM + Reimu (who got it again, but didn?t even use the first one) I gave the turn to Utsuho , she restored 20% of HP (due to a bug she did not lose the old effects) and when her HP was close to 10k, she also stopped taking any damage, of course, because this fight is designed for use the correct chain attacks by Direct Hit whose effect is now not working .... so I had to use a bomb.
And it even seems to me, at this fight that it was appropriate https://funkyimg.com/i/2WVRY.png

To be honest, I don?t understand why now the game has become so easy? (It was Hard, I not transfer data) you either playfully defeat the enemy, but as soon as it comes to the status who blocking your damage, you can do nothing about it and must use the bomb. I honestly loved no-bomb run...

PS: If not for the accuracy bonus in Lunatic, I think now I would start the game on this difficulty ......

Wouldn't rally spam still be somewhat viable first turn with the new Lunar Magatama effect, combined with the usual doll kamikaze?  I can't really test it myself, but it seems like getting off 2 or 3 early Rallies would still be possible......though the morale boosting items seems to be buffed too if Akurasu's lists are accurate.

Now there is no additional power bonus at the start (50 down target or top 1 ace)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:09:29 AM by Nikkanoffun »

« Reply #894 on: September 12, 2019, 02:40:57 AM »

You don't need the Magatama at all, here is how I did it in the lategame:
  • Give Yuyuko a Grilled Lamprey and Rose Cookie, plus her PS that doubles the effect of healing items. Use Rally -> Grilled Lamprey -> Rally -> Rose Cookie -> Rally -> Rally, in that order.
  • Give Merlin Sakuya's Tea and one of the vegetables. Use Rally twice. (If you have the Prismriver Sisters, give Lunasa one or two Frozen Frogs and combine afterwards.)
  • Give Mystia a Concert Ticket, Tipsy L2, and preferrably Break Power Limit. Use the PS that increases the range of Howl of the Horned Owl.
  • Cast Yell on Mystia if she isn't at max Power. Then do Valor + Howl of the Horned Owl (MAP). IIRC at 150 Power everyone else in the front of a team receives +14 Power.
  • If Yuyuko has Extend L2, she should have enough SP to cast Rally once more, though it is better to save that up for Enable especially if you don't have Kaguya.
With some extra work you could get Mystia to 120 Power (required for Howl of the Horned Owl (MAP)) during 1PP even on S74.

« Reply #895 on: September 12, 2019, 03:29:19 AM »
If you really want to Rally spam, it's a good idea to deploy Nitori for her PS that increases the effect of items by 50%, with that and Yuyuko using the PS that doubles healing item effectiveness, the Rose Cookies will restore 300 SP to Yuyuko (150 for Sakuya's Tea). Yuyuko can then further equip the Mystic Memory to reduce Rally's cost.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:30:54 AM by Libra »

« Reply #896 on: October 04, 2019, 11:36:20 PM »
I finished the ?Dream? stage, and now I can say that Hard in CB most rather comparable to Normal in the original games. It was especially a pity to see that Meko lost almost 40kHP in her last three spellcards. And I think that SP regeneration is too much for this game, although I also noticed that they removed SP growth curve, and now at ~70-80lvl your characters have ~20SP more than in the original.

« Reply #897 on: October 06, 2019, 09:27:01 PM »
Any way to beat Yuuka in the CB version of Chapter 60? My units didn't deal enough to finish her in one go and she casts Guts, Yell, and Wall every turn instead of only once like in the original.

« Reply #898 on: October 07, 2019, 07:22:03 AM »
Any way to beat Yuuka in the CB version of Chapter 60? My units didn't deal enough to finish her in one go and she casts Guts, Yell, and Wall every turn instead of only once like in the original.
She always casted them on enemy phase 7, and then every player phase afterwards, that's not new to CB. You basically need to defeat her within 7 turns, since that's the only time frame she's realistically beatable. She'll also use them when she drops below 20% HP or smt, so keep that in mind too. I'd say defeating her really depends on whether you invested a decent bunch on the units you get,I personally mostly relied on Flandre, since she can easily deal a lot of the necessary damage: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/505604816391897089/612755845528420420/unknown.png

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #899 on: October 23, 2019, 11:45:58 PM »
Has anyone else experienced this bug?  In 1.0.6 (and now still in 1.0.7), Hot Blood doesn't affect the main unit if a sub pilot casts it.  It's happened with the Primsriver Sisters (Merlin), Palaquin Ship with Murasa as captain (Rnnosuke),  Ichirin  (Unzan), and the Three Fairies of Light (Star when using Assault).  I'm assuming this is a bug and not an intended nerf.