Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364751 times)

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
In exchange for her new enemy skill, Yuuka no longer has Blocking at all in her boss fight, which makes her a hell of a lot easier to manage.

Are you sure she lost Blocking?  I could have sworn she still have that. Oh, they replaced it with Battle Cry+.  It does not matter anyways, Fury is pretty much still needed cause her Split Image procs at 65% (on higher difficulty), and I ain't rolling on that shit.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:31:12 AM by c l e a r »

Doesn't strike eliminate double image? Also bosses go crazy with maps on normal, Makura on her 1st hp bar mapped 3 times with focus, killing Shizuha. On her mp and hp swap spell, she actually will target those she can 100% kill, and she did just that. Good thing orin has crazy revive shenanigans

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Doesn't strike eliminate double image? Also bosses go crazy with maps on normal, Makura on her 1st hp bar mapped 3 times with focus, killing Shizuha. On her mp and hp swap spell, she actually will target those she can 100% kill, and she did just that. Good thing orin has crazy revive shenanigans

Strike have not negated Split Image since the start of Ei, which is why taking Yuka in 40R on Lunatic near impossible since you have no SP left.

That's wierd, I remeber spamming strike in Ei and on the Yuuka stage and having no problem, is this a lunatic thing?

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
That's wierd, I remeber spamming strike in Ei and on the Yuuka stage and having no problem, is this a lunatic thing?

Well, Nightmare Ran dodged a strike'd hit, so that is where I went, oh split image needs fury.

- 分身対策は当然必要なので、感応持ちや雛のバッドフォーチュン等をしっかり用意しておこう。
This pretty much says that you need a way to pass Split Image, Fury can do it, but of course Hina with her bad luck PS can also do the job.
Also, much like Kaguya's Buddist Diamond spell, if you Fury the first (up to 4 depending which difficulty you are on), you waste her PS still, so you still want to be opening with Fury every turn regardless.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 02:32:28 AM by c l e a r »

Fury does not ignore Prevail or any defensive spirits.

You are right, it was removed only from the description.

Well, Nightmare Ran dodged a strike'd hit, so that is where I went, oh split image needs fury.

Maybe you hit the Koishi field?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:57:36 AM by Nikkanoffun »

Nightmare Koishi's Danmaku field nulls ally Strikes (for some reason. She certainly never did that in her boss fight)

Her boss fight ignored alert, which was SUCH a pain in the butt, but her boss damage is kinda low do its alright. I'm on the stage after shinkI on my 3.0 cost and up run, and it's really fun! Suika is really strong now, and so is Team Flan/Remi. Remi gives Flan alerts, and also gives her strike, so Flan can sAve up for valor. I've also started to heavily utilize FPM so I can 1 turn kill bosses, and it's nice. Shinki spamming striked maps doesn't matter, her 1st attack has mercy, so it can't kill squishy reals like Reimu and Marisa.

My, Foreign Divine Beast is such an annoying card. The HP reduction is a big pain, and I have the urge to spam Soul and Valor to break it ASAP. How else can you even deal with it?

Well, I just power through it, try to have as many charactes ready on the 1st turn, and blow a FPM or two to get through it. Toyo's map is now completely useless, rip. Yori's map is alright, but it means missing out on takewhatever. Clear, is skinki's force enemies with 20%hp to retreat ps usefull on higher difficulties?

Is it true that you only get to hear Alice Maestra exactly once throughout the whole game (unless you hack the save files)?

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Is it true that you only get to hear Alice Maestra exactly once throughout the whole game (unless you hack the save files)?

yep

Well, I just power through it, try to have as many charactes ready on the 1st turn, and blow a FPM or two to get through it. Toyo's map is now completely useless, rip. Yori's map is alright, but it means missing out on takewhatever. Clear, is skinki's force enemies with 20%hp to retreat ps usefull on higher difficulties?

Imo, it's kind of trash.  I think it only works on her, and it does not work on bomb hits or MAP hits.

Her boss fight ignored alert, which was SUCH a pain in the butt, but her boss damage is kinda low do its alright. I'm on the stage after shinkI on my 3.0 cost and up run, and it's really fun! Suika is really strong now, and so is Team Flan/Remi. Remi gives Flan alerts, and also gives her strike, so Flan can sAve up for valor. I've also started to heavily utilize FPM so I can 1 turn kill bosses, and it's nice. Shinki spamming striked maps doesn't matter, her 1st attack has mercy, so it can't kill squishy reals like Reimu and Marisa.

The first few turns are a massive pain in the neck however, cause you have to use Hide to avoid your squishes getting Fury'd if they happen to park next to a support defend.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:12:22 PM by c l e a r »

More about version 1.1.2:

不屈 no longer affects damage when grazing, but not lost until the character has received a hit.

What is Alice Maestra? Is it her boss theme from kou? The changes to grit were expected, Kaguya giving all your reals grit wad dumb with how they were immortal. I might try to stream Gensokyo Nightmare, as I'm on the Catfish stage now.

What is Alice Maestra?

This is a musical track that plays in Combo attack Reimu and Marisa (True Three-colored Lotus Butterfly) and it played at the end of trailer Dream.
In game It can be heard only once, during the event.

Like the attack itself, you will most likely see it only twice.

Oh. Um, that is rather sad. The same can be said for Yukari's new finisher, as it has a theme on it as well, but it's just her 2nd boss theme. I think the theme is in the music room thing, so you can listen to it there. I had thought the name for that theme was something totally different.

Alice Maestra is the stage 4 theme from Lotus Land Story (the stage where Reimu and Marisa fight each other). The arranged version for Reimu and Marisa's second combo attack is called A Single Blow for the Fate of Gensokyo.

I only knew the name of the remix, not the original. You know the Dai solo runs that were popular in You, and impossible to do in Ei? Do ya guys think any solo runs could be possible on this game?

The arranged version for Reimu and Marisa's second combo attack is called A Single Blow for the Fate of Gensokyo.

To be honest, this translation is not true, Many confuse the word Genso (illusion) and Gensokyo (illusory country).
幻想を懸けた一撃~アリスマエステラ

Oh. Um, that is rather sad. The same can be said for Yukari's new finisher, as it has a theme on it as well, but it's just her 2nd boss theme. I think the theme is in the music room thing, so you can listen to it there. I had thought the name for that theme was something totally different.

Oh ... I never used it on ordinary enemies.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:12:50 AM by Nikkanoffun »

I wouldn't dream of using it on a generic, but Eirin and Koa exist so it's feasible if you can reachieve 150 on both protagonist before Makura

I wouldn't dream of using it on a generic, but Eirin and Koa exist so it's feasible if you can reachieve 150 on both protagonist before Makura

If you put them in the ship, on the next turn they will restore all ammunition. There's no point not to do it before any boss.

To be honest, this translation is not true, Many confuse the word Genso (illusion) and Gensokyo (illusory country).
幻想を懸けた一撃~アリスマエステラ

Oh ... I never used it on ordinary enemies.

There are many instances in the game where they abbreviate Gensokyo like that, but they are definitely referring to Gensokyo the place in the song title. There are a couple other strings with abbreviated meanings in the game, like Youkai Power Spoiler (they only use the first character of youkai in the name, so you would read it as Bewitching Power Spoiler), Shine Maiden Extension (they use the first character of Miko and then the character for Power).

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Yukari's finisher is very useful during Makura's first card.

Honestly, cause all the super bosses in this game are very mean and got opener MAPs that they can just cast Strike and hit everyone, I use Yukari nearly every MAP that has a viable set up.

Also, Nightmare Okuu now moves on Turn 1 on Gensokyo Nightmare, this is actually a massive headache cause Nue always cast Confuse on Turn 1, skipping along with Koishi's Happy Anti-Strike Field.  They also all got 38,000 HP on Hard/Challenge, which means my damage needs to be better now.  May be if I can separate Mokou, Tenshi, and Yorihime and pick them off one turn at a time, if they are all ganging up within range, I think I am toast.  I'll try again later on.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:17:01 PM by c l e a r »

Speaking of Gensokyo Nightmare, I just finished it. On normal, Mokou got 1 hit by my maxed Yuyuko because she crit. 18k damage, since all of my units are FUB, they all tend to deal about 15k with a valor, which is rather nice.I've been massing around with Eiki, and ibe discovered something. On her round accuracy skill. It means that if confuse is cast, any atack will miss her, and she can't attack back if she is affected by it. Also if I remeber correctly, Meeko on her final phase doesn't have special resistance. So Yuyu can kill her instantly if you need to. Still not worth missing out on her sheild defence crazyness  tho.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
ok, so with a combination of Waifu Parsee, Kanako's new PS that gives everyone Assail and Accel, and Lyrica's MAP, I manage to take down Nightmare Okuu as the 2nd move on my Turn 1, the best part is that it should also work on Lunatic given a little luck, or accuracy equipment swapping.

Now I used Warp to warp Parsee back the area where back to the area where the IN Nightmares will drop down, which should be easier with the waifu carry.  I think I figured it out.

I'm actually on Yuuka's stage right now, and it's kinda easy on the 3.0 and up. I have to say, even though Eiki has meh normal damage, fub with 200 weapon bonus is pretty decent, and she is pretty much immortal if the enemy doesn't cast strike. Shinki is pretty dope as well, her regen is strong, and she has huge hp and can give other tanks free barriers. It's pretty fun to get massive damage reduction on tanks like yukari. I'm pretty sure Tenshi could solo most of the game, her 10 cost gaurds, and her insane bulk also helps. Just give her them mp regen from max wp and she can solo any map no problem. Unless it has a crazy boss, or enemies that cast spirits.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I did even more routing.  How would you like take out NM Koishi on Turn 2, and the entire NM Byakuren crew (minus herself) by Turn 3?

EDIT: I tried really hard for a no death, but forcing Wriggle/Mystia team on higher difficulties is very demanding.  I milked every single Extends and extra moves as possible, as well as preventing auto-lose conditions (Okuu reaching the main group, or did not let Mokou and Tenshi come at you together), and I serious have no resources left aside from dying.  It sure is fun though, spamming Amaterasu and God's Wind to wipe out the left side.  I found another quirk in the good boss AI though, they always will try to gun for the unit that cannot fight back, be it out of range or out of ammo, in this case it is constantly Cirno in the early game since her range is bad, and Marisa for the last 2 turns, since it was 0 from danmaku maximum.

Now to rout more "fun" maps like Yuuka, Meeko, and Makura.

also, I think NM Kaguya has a bugged animation for her own Hourai Branch attack, it will cause the game to crash if you turn the animation on.  Can someone else confirm?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:51:49 AM by c l e a r »

All of Nightmare Kaguya's animations are bugged like that, and have been since the game launched. For some reason they still haven't fixed it!

I thought I was the only one with bugged Kaggy. Eirin charging in seems to be one of the more.... difficult things, but since her field is tiny I shouldnt matter.Why is nm Tenshi and nm Mokou being together a lose condition?

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I thought I was the only one with bugged Kaggy. Eirin charging in seems to be one of the more.... difficult things, but since her field is tiny I shouldnt matter.Why is nm Tenshi and nm Mokou being together a lose condition?

On Hard/Challenge, they have stats as nearly as they do on Lunatic.  They both have MAPs, while Mokou does not cast Strike on Hard (I think she casts it on Lunatic anyways), she gets fairly accurate if you pass it back to her if her health is low, and she res herself to full twice (3 times on lunatic), meaning you have to focus the east forces on her for the turn, as she is 38,000 HP x3.  Reason for this is that her MAP is not a post movement.  In earlier patches, Tenshi uses Assail, and Strike (No Valor) on hard to use her MAP, so in short, if you don't take each of them out on the turn they comes to you, there is too many pressure. 

Waifu does make short work for Utsuho and Koishi due to Double Move, while you may think going so far to killing Utsuho turn 1 is a bit extreme, she is always in Koishi's Null-Strike Field, and the moment Yuyuko uses Dance twice, it activates her Precieve L2 right away, which means hitting her without Strike is impossible.  Oh, and if she is not dealt with by Turn 3 player phase, it is game over.  She makes a beeline over to the main group, and just use her Strike + Valor post-movement MAP.

She is not the only problem though, as if you don't deal with Remillia swiftly, Flan will get into her Night field, and then everything (including all the wisps and bats) in her range become much more threatening.  Speaking of which, this Flan is a damn cheater.  She is unaffected by Vampire's Day Debuff.

As for the Ship Crew and MoF Bosses in the west.  I used Suwako/Yukari and sneak under their danmaku, and manipulated both Murasa and Kappa's Forced Water C Terrain Grade off, and warped over Sanae and Yorihime to just did multiple MAPs to take them out.  Kanako in particular is still very annoying, she actually lost Assail from the latest patch, but she still forces Air C Terrain, which really sucks as she is in a spot where you must fly to.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:59:13 AM by c l e a r »