Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364584 times)

I understand your concerns, but I think you're overestimating Kou's difficulty. Your resources are limited, yes, but not to a point that would prevent you from investing in whoever you like. I mean, I might urge a certain degree of caution if your favorite character is Dai or Rumia, but if all else fails, Reimu can carry you through the game with almost no investment whatsoever.

As for the NG+ saves, it's probably because they want players to go through each game at least once with the "intended" amount of resources, rather than just carrying over millions in cash from a previous game and effortlessly curbstomping everything on your first playthrough. Seems reasonable if you ask me, but then, I've never been a huge fan of NG+ in SRW anyway. I tend to get turned off by the general lack of challenge that results from having such a massive influx of resources right from the start of the game. But then, most SRW games don't have anything comparable to Lunatic difficulty.

Specific changes to units on Hard and above:

• Spoiler:
    Shinki has HP Regen (M) instead of HP Regen (S).
  • Spoiler:
    Red Sheep gains Thick Wool, which blocks all non-critical damages below 3500.
  • Spoiler:
    Giant Catfish's "See? The World is Shaking? (MAP)" becomes post-movement. It also changes its range depending on the difficulty.
  • Spoiler:
    Kaguya (Nightmare) gains Robe of the Fire Rat.
  • Spoiler:
    Utsuho (Nightmare)'s "Giga Flare (MAP) becomes post-movement.
  • Some skills, particularly Prevail and Instinct for generic enemies, have higher levels.
  • Virtually all bosses get Double Action on Lunatic, as well as a few generic enemies;
    Spoiler:
    the UFO Nightmares (except Nue) in Stage 73 don't and some other Nightmares do even on Hard.
    Spoiler:
    Shinki, Makura, and White Sheep (near endgame) get Triple Action.

How did you know my favorite was Rumia? Thats the only reason I don't want to play Kou, really. Having Rumia be a VERY bad choice to invest heavily in is somewhat sad. I might pick up the game eventually, but exams are this week. T-T I have been working on playing through You, and I've noticed something. Sanae at 110 power has a 50% or higher hit rate on Reimu at 150. Like, what even is up with that? Aya had one of 0 the previous stage, so it's really wierd. I'm kinda scared about the Moriya gods now.

Power does not influence Hit calculation, only damage calculation. (Where it's directly added to your Melee or Ranged stat)

I think we can expect patches for the previous parts, since the list of characters for seishins has been changed:
Sakuya - received 鉄壁 (20sp)
Rumia - received 鉄壁 (20sp)

These seishins are not in the last slots. In general, I have long expected such adjustments ... really Sakuya and Rumia did not have the opportunity to assuredly reduce the damage on their own, that in Ei excludes their possibility of fighting bosses.

And I correctly understand that this is not a mistake: When transferring the saved: skills / wp are not reset as usual?

Another strange thing ... Lasers-attack with a barrier break-status? I'm not confusing anything?
You always dream this when you shoot them in I-field. But yes.

About the Yatagarasu Utsuho ... I purely accidentally discovered that at the very beginning Orin is considered a possible enemy (she will go to her, if no one is in the attack zone), but she will not attack. She immediately switches to any other character if he is in the attack zone.
I did not use this, I just screwed up chapter a couple of times ...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:06:24 PM by Nikkanoffun »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Having Rumia be a VERY bad choice to invest heavily in is somewhat sad.

Rumia received some major stat boosts in You, and I think later again. She was pretty terrible in Kou compared to later, especially due to a lack of strong items to use her many slots with.
It's very feasible to finish Kou without ever spending any points, I did it like that cause I'm afraid of the uncertainties about upgrade-resets from Kou to You and possibly wasting money in the process (unnecessarily so v: ).

And I correctly understand that this is not a mistake: When transferring the saved: skills / wp are not reset as usual?

The only times when stuff is reset is from Kou to You (everything, maybe except points upgrades),
when doing a New Game+ (everything, even the free upgrades on SDM units you get from carrying over a Sakuya file get turned into points.)
and when carrying over to Ei (skill bought via PP, PP is restored fully).

As to the reset from Kou to You, you can capitalize on a version-difference in that in 1.0.0 of You skills would actually _not_ be reset, only spent WP.
What happened was that they got carried over and adjusted accordingly to any changes. So stuff like "(un)focused movement" that had multiple levels in Kou would just become the You version and lose any levels past 1. But since just getting lvl1 costs next to nothing you can cheap out on getting a more expensive skill.
This also works with Random Dodge, Streaming and Pattern Type.
You just have to finish the first stage of You, save and then move your save file to a patched version of the game.

The only times when stuff is reset is from Kou to You (everything, maybe except points upgrades),
when doing a New Game+ (everything, even the free upgrades on SDM units you get from carrying over a Sakuya file get turned into points.)
and when carrying over to Ei (skill bought via PP, PP is restored fully).

I forgot that WP was reset only when transition from Koy to You ... however, it looks like a full WP bonus can only be done in NG + (okay, I still would not do that)

But the fact that the skills are not reset during the transition in Yume, this is somewhat annoying ... I would like to remodel the list skills, but alas.

Sanae at 110 power has a 50% or higher hit rate on Reimu at 150. Like, what even is up with that? Aya had one of 0 the previous stage, so it's really wierd. I'm kinda scared about the Moriya gods now.
Sanae is easily the second most accurate enemy in the entirety of You. As Nook mentioned, Power doesn't affect accuracy calculations (barring skills like Predict), but Sanae has the Shrine Maiden skill and a naturally high accuracy stat, so she ends up being disturbingly accurate. I wouldn't worry about Suwako and Kanako unless you're playing on the higher difficulties; they're downright laughable on easy and normal. On the other hand, if you crank up the difficulty, Kanako becomes a genuine threat and Suwako becomes absolutely terrifying.

however, it looks like a full WP bonus can only be done in NG +
You can reach the max WP bonus without NG+, it just requires you to focus very heavily on a single unit - you have to dump roughly 67 stages' worth of WP into one person.

You can reach the max WP bonus without NG+, it just requires you to focus very heavily on a single unit - you have to dump roughly 67 stages' worth of WP into one person.

Of course, if you've been concentrating the WP on one character since You... I did not do it.
I give +1 all used characters.

That's probably the more effective approach (I've distributed them similarly), but the devs wouldn't have called them "WP" if they weren't expecting some people to dump the whole pile of points into their favorite character.

I have started recording all non-MAP attacks (not going to do the MAP spell cards in particular), even for the units that receive no new attacks in Dream. These will be published once Sanbondo gives the affirmative.

also i may need more people to help translate things at akurasu

Okay, Sanae was smacked down like a fly. Of course, Reimu got the finishing blow. Like a chump, I maxed Rumia in wp because in EI (and You) I have used her and she had pretty much destroyed both games on her own. Yorihime however..... ain't so easy but thas what Reimu is for, right? And your completely right, Kanako had only a 30 hit rate on my 140 mobility Reimu, but that was unfocused in danmaku so I should win easily. Is MoF better that Mishakuji sama?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:26:34 AM by LazorPagoda »

I really appreciate your translation efforts by the way. Thank you so much for providing us with a way to enjoy the games ourselves. :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:01:42 PM by Kaiserlucas »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Spoiler:
Kinda sad that Kogasa doesn't double as a parasol for Remilia when you team them.

Is MoF better that Mishakuji sama?
Well it doesn't sap your SP for one, so that makes it easier from the start and you can abuse the water against it.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Spoiler:
Kinda sad that Kogasa doesn't double as a parasol for Remilia when you team them.
Well it doesn't sap your SP for one, so that makes it easier from the start and you can abuse the water against it.

They have to make it Sanae's ideal partner since she is the dev's waifu.
Spoiler:
If I am reading Kogasa correctly, one of her PS is: Once, the team will share a single Seishin, which is basically means Miracle.

I seem to be having a slight problem on You. I beat Yuyuko and R.Butterfly, but the game seems to freeze each time Yukari enters. Do I need to play the game on my not English patched version? It's really bugging me how it won't work. The game doesn't even stop responding, it's just stopping, the music playing like normal.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
i think it has to do with the translation patch itself.  it should work fine without.

Yume talk,
Spoiler:
Shiekeiki
certainly surprised me with the
Spoiler:
2 Spell long MAP
.  I figured out the plan already, and will just do it tomorrow,

If they are already doing cool party tricks like that only 5 Stages in, I would love to see the rest of the game.  Do most major bosses have Power Overlimit+ and Guard L2 now?  Aside from Double/Triple Move. 

Personal skills for all new characters in Dream are complete. (Some other characters also receive new ones too.)

Spoiler:
If I am reading Kogasa correctly, one of her PS is: Once, the team will share a single Seishin, which is basically means Miracle.
No, it
Spoiler:
shares all active spirit commands of both units in her team with the other

Speaking of Suwako, she now receives half damage when on land or underwater. For some reason I only used her once in Dream (
Spoiler:
the one where Shinki joins you
) but she seems pretty broken.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:23:19 PM by HertzDevil »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Personal skills for all new characters in Dream are complete. (Some other characters also receive new ones too.)
No, it
Spoiler:
shares all active spirit commands of both units in her team with the other

That is even more useful then, isn't it?

Are there any new skills in the 4th game??? I can only tell you can learn hit&run.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Looks like there is a bug with
Spoiler:
Shikieki's Final Card
, even if I bomb the spots where the MAP will hit, it seems that whoever is standing on those spots on the map will still get slammed by
Spoiler:
Cleansed Crystal Judgment
power penalty.  They don't get the danmaku power down of course.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:46:21 PM by c l e a r »

i just cleared chapter 69 man i am really liking this game. specially how cool some of the new attacks are and how good most of the fights feel. like in chapter 62
Spoiler:
Eiki having 100% hit on everyone except Reimu and about half of my party having 0% chance of hitting her caught me by surprise since this made her my first real threat since Flandre in the first game.
or chapter 68
Spoiler:
with the Shinki she was the first fight i actually thought i would get a game over and i almost got one i got. good thing that both Mokou and Flandre hit really hard and the fact that both Keine and Meiling can tank 24/7 and live.

In the current version 不屈 is not removed when getting a graze damage (This is clearly stated in the description).
This is extremely ridiculous ...  it continues to reduce damage to 10HP.

Also, FPM allows you to select the same combo attack for both characters(which is also funny) ... however, if it support attacker, she is blocked.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:43:10 PM by Nikkanoffun »

Clear, (I forgot how to spoiler so I wont say it) the character your talking about gets even crazier later on, just wait and see ;). Also for the Suwako thing, it seems good, but the faith katamari is too good to miss out on, so I skipped over that :/ also most matches where that matters the most, landing/swimming is either not available or just not practical.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Oh, I know that already.

Also,
Spoiler:
Koishi
's first fight is weird to deal with.  I am not sure on how to get the WP (2 bombs before Turn 4), and when she uses
Spoiler:
Super Ego
, she teleports all over the place the three spots, and she gets away really quickly.  I mean, you still win, but... it is really lame.

The only way that I can think that can work is lure
Spoiler:
Koishi
to a corner of the map (do it before you trigger any spell), bomb the first spell because it is bullshit, and bum rush until the final spell where you tear her down in a single turn.  If you are in the corner, the danmaku will limit itself to less spots where she can teleport to.

I guess you can use Super Sonic Aya with a Rainbow Shell, and run up quickly with Hide Command so they don't put up danmaku, collect the bomb on that one kendama, meanwhile the main team rush the rabbit that has the 2nd bomb.  I think
Spoiler:
Koishi
moves in range.

I guess I will do it on lunatic.  Although I think
Spoiler:
Shikieki
Lunatic is much worse by comparison early game, since there is 6 Kappas dotted across the map, and you have to kill them all, cause they all got Faith for 20 SP, which means you are not killing anyone until you kill them.  You cannot bum rush cause you have to leave her a critical health while she is on the last turn of
Spoiler:
Bar of the Ten Kings
, so you can take out
Spoiler:
Last Judgment
before she gets a turn with it, so you can bomb for a free spot in the less coverage final card.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:47:16 AM by c l e a r »

This update is bork as hell.

Fury does literally nothing and Nazrin's damage debuff is somehow making enemies take less damage.

Not sure what your talking about nook, bu I rekt Yukari, only casualty was Youmu because 25 double image isn't high enough for dodging :/ She was easier than my first encounter, but then again my first fight was on the super buggy 1.0.0. Version where she didn't spawn back in adyer Bounded of Humans and Youkai. Also, Clear, the fight wasn't so bad when I did it, I just activated that spell on player phase and murdered it with full power mode. Could someone tell me how to spoiler things? I'd like to talk about stuffs but I forgot how :/

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Welp, I made it to
Spoiler:
Shinki
just now, my usual set up tactics do not work since everything is in front of your face, and on top of all that, they are bats, which is very annoying to deal with and sinks into the SP pool quite a bit.  Turn 3, she descends down and grants everyone -1000 shields, making those King Demon Eyes much harder to chip off.

Should I just stick together in one group, and go really slow?  I think it would be easier.

You could just use Mystia, it really solves many of your problems.

At of the FPM, in the Demo version I somehow forgot that the bosses can use seishins, Tenshi managed to full heal Fannels spell card. For one phase I managed to knock out both of her two last bars HP, I did not even use Reimu + Yukari (there was an extra action) and Sanae + Iku.

So, a fight with a Real-type in the future should be a joke, I think you can break 3 spell cards for 1 turn.

UPD: It looks like the date of the game's go in free sale: 17 Jun.
In any case, such a date is indicated in the Japanese Internet shops.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:39:58 AM by Nikkanoffun »

honestly id recommend shooting down those evil eyes as soon as possible and i don't recommend staying as group since when
Spoiler:
Yumeko's spell card ends Shinki will be a big pain in the ass to deal with since she moves 2 times a turn ( on Normal), has a map and as an bonus in case you didn't cast alert on your reals she has auto-strike every turn even on normal
. if you trained Rumia/Flandre/Remillia
Spoiler:
/Nue
they can use the fact that they have an S in night to have a better chance of taking down those bats.