Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364543 times)

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
How exactly does Power influence damage taken/dealt?
Half a percent pre-armor damage/pre-damage armor.

GST uses the same damage formula as modern SRW: ((Stat+Will)/200)*Weapon Attack Power OR Armor*Terrain Adjustment. S is 1.1, A is 1.0. I think B is either 0.9 or 0.8, C is something like 0.7.

The hitrate calculation for You and Ei is ((Hit Stat/2)+150+Weapon Accuracy Modifier)*Terrain Adjustment. Banpresto stopped using a fixed modifier and created an upgradable stat called "Targetting" in Z in 2008, which has been used in every SRW since then. So the formula hasn't changed aside from 140 (which was SRW's modifier) to whatever the Targetting stat was. Of note is that Z3.1 on PS3 makes the Hit and Evasion stats work 1:1 instead of 2:1, probably because bosses are ridiculously-overlevelled (15-25 above you) and have extremely-high Hit stats. I mean, a level 75 boss with 276 Hit and 176-190 Targetting. So the "safe" zone in Z3 is a total value of 450-500, depending on your passives. S/M-sized units and Newtypes don't need as much. I think Kallen was unhittable by the level 85 Antispiral (with Pinnacle off) at ~466.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Well, that's good to know then.
I think I figured out Crit correctly by myself at least:
attacker's skill - defender's skill + crit modifier(s)

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
Yup, that's how it goes. Skill's the only one of the six stats that gives a 1:1 return. Not like it mattered in the first two eps. Damned old formula with the Sword Cut/Shield Defense thing. That was in SRW for a really long time, actually. The Level/16 formula. All the way up to Alpha 3, I believe. Although AP used that one, too, I think. Z put them together into a skill called "Blocking", and used a base of 5 or 10% that was always going to be the minimum activation chance, even if the "Skill A-Skill B" was a negative value. Critical hits can have a 0% chance, though. Sword Cut, Shield Defense, Shoot Down (which isn't in every game), and Counter (usually when it's a non-levelled skill) all have a nonzero minimum chance.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
So how does Okuu take damage with 500 Morale with me having 150?  Aside from Guard/Potenital L8 etc passive skills.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
((Defense stat+500)/200)*Armor*Terrain Adjustment. I don't know if she's A or S. If it's A, it's just 1.0, if it's S it's 1.1.
For you, your damage would be ((Stat+Will)/200)*Weapon Attack*Terrain Adjustment.

I don't know if Prevail lists the armor increase on-screen (it does in some SRWs), but the maximum increase is Level*5%, with the skill activating at Level*10% HP. So at 10% HP, she'd have 40% more armor. And Guard is a flat reduction of the final damage.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Hi Satori, you got like 9,000 more HP than you did before Patch 1.10.   And your WP want me to spell break this bar on Turn 4?  Fuck that.

EDIT: Oh boy, so much fun.  Just like with Stage 41 with Youkai Rabbits put themselves to park next to Elrin, and Reisen.  Satori's spawns from Kappa's Pororoca (and I also assume from Illusory Dominance) on Hard+ puts support defense with another Support Defense RIGHT next to it!  Nice.  This can be dealt with though if you park 2 units right beside Satori though when you break her non-spell, and then the scrubs will spawn wrong.  I guess this is the REAL part of getting through to the WP.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:12:26 AM by c l e a r »

hi yookie, can you post please the likns with the game gensou shoujo taisen you, I have a game but somebody extract all the words and freeze the game who I use an ability.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
hi yookie, can you post please the likns with the game gensou shoujo taisen you, I have a game but somebody extract all the words and freeze the game who I use an ability.

What exactly do you need?

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green

You can visit the website of the developers if you want to acquire the game.

And I'm also not fully understanding your request.
I assume the game's text is not properly being displayed and it freezes upon doing something (?).
That could be a problem with your system locale. Try Apploc or setting your system locale to Japanese.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:29:41 PM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
V 1.1.1.1. Patch Notes (other than errors)
【素材追加、難易度調整など】

・シナリオチャートを追加
・一部デモを修正(グレイソーマタージ、死蝶浮月、鳳翼天翔、ブディストダイアモンド)
・固有ペア名を一部追加
・戦闘デモ台詞を一部追加
・信頼補正を全体的に見直し(ver.1.1.0は設定が粗かった)
・一部抜けていた顔グラを追加(輝夜)

・最終話ボスの性能を調整(それに伴い、一部の内部計算式を修正)
・クリアデータをロードすることで、シナリオチャートがすべてオープンされる動作を追加
・「低スペック対策」をONにすることで、一部環境で止まることのあるデモで一部演出をカット
 (不具合が発生していない環境の場合、ONにすることは非推奨となります)
・40話、大妖精orリリーを撃破した際の会話イベントの発生条件を調整

・システムデータが一定条件下で更新されないことがある不具合を修正

- Added more to Scenario Chart
- Various Tech adjustments ("Gray Thaumaturgy", "Death Butterfly, Floating Moon", "Flying Phoenix", "Buddhist Diamond")
- Added more Team Names
- Added more pre-fight lines.
- Friendship levels fixes (v1.1.0 gave really rough settings)
- Added more facial expressions to all of Kaguya's attacks

- Final Boss (!) abilities adjusted.  Damage calculation adjusted.
- When you load clear data, Scenerio Chart opens more details
- Scenerio 40, when Dai-chan or Lily is defeated, the morale boost event is adjusted.

This will be the FINAL patch (may be), Sanbando has stated that he will now move on the NEW PROJECT.
Remember that GST E's Original Soundtrack will be available at Winter Comiket!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:21:55 PM by c l e a r »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Hmm, with that I really should go up against Okuu again to properly beat her up a second time...

I could also check if Yuyuko's broken SP-recovery ability isn't broken anymore.

Alcoraiden

• Do not go gentle into that good night
Thank you so much for doing this. I was so sad when people just gave up on translating the series.

Could you translate dialogue at some point so we can basically read the game as it goes? That's good enough if no one is going to take another whack at the files, I guess.

There are actually some translations of the second game's script that I have found that have been incorporated into screenshot LP's of the game.

http://prof.dreamwidth.org/177090.html: This is a completed LP and rough translation of the game done by someone by the name of prof. It covers both Reimu's and Marisa's routes in the game, but the dialogue before and after the chapters is only summarized and not completely translated. Unfortunately, Photobucket has removed all of the images in the LP. On top of making the entire LP rather boring to look at, it also means that you need to do a lot of guessing as to who is speaking. Also, prof is in the middle of another LP, so don't expect him to start on the third game any time soon.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644693: This LP is done on the Something Awful forums by BlitzBlast and is currently incomplete, but it has working images and actually translates the pre-chapter and post-chapter dialogues rather than summarizing them. As of this post, BlitzBlast has translated up to chapter 20 of both Reimu's and Marisa's routes.

I hope these two links will at least partially satisfy those looking for a translation of these games.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:19:23 AM by DarkFlash »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Thank you so much for doing this. I was so sad when people just gave up on translating the series.

Could you translate dialogue at some point so we can basically read the game as it goes? That's good enough if no one is going to take another whack at the files, I guess.
Thanks for the appreciation.

Unfortunately my knowledge of Japanese doesn't allow me to actually do translations of that kind. (Except for Lily Whites introduction in chapter 30. :V (And I guess a bit more if I tried.)) I merely know about most of the grammar and the two -kana tables but have no experience with reading Japanese texts. And also I know like 5 Kanji.
I would love to do that but it's way out of my league.

There's also someone who was trying to reinitiate translation efforts once more but there were heavy controversies surrounding that and stuff.
I'm also really not happy with how this entire matter is being handled and how it's going. These games are so good but also so inaccessible in that way.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:53:55 PM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Okuu's Giga Flare (Stage 54 Final Phase) has 60,800 HP on Hard, along with Potential L8, it takes so much planning to take the health down with minimal casualties.

I shutter at the thought of Meltdown and Final Phase in the final phase if this is going to be the trend; I predict meltdown phase will be around 60,000, and if Subterranean Sun has 70,000 to 80,000, it would not surprise me.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
Considering Sanbondo is using non-game characters in this, I'm hoping that Kasen shows up in Ep4. She's one of my top 5 Touhous, anyway. Also hoping for Byakuren for Old Maids Alliance combo attack. We've got all the rest: Yuuka, Yuyuko, Yukari, Eirin, and Kanako. And for Nue to join in so the game will then have my top 5 be playable. That is to say, Byakuren, Nue, Komachi, Yuugi, and Kasen.

Do I have weird taste?

Well, I think they talked about Hopeless Masquerade on Ei, so Byakuren may have a melee like skill set. Reimu already has her really big Ying Yang orb and Marisa with her Sun Grazer. Kokoro may or may not make it, but it is hard to say, since Hopeless Masquerade takes place after Hisoutensoku and Tenshi hasn't shown up yet.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Do I have weird taste?
Weird taste? Not really. You have weird taste if you like Orin, Chen or Tewi.

About
Spoiler:
Nue: She joins you for the final mission and shows up earlier as an enemy in Ei so it's highly likely that she joins in on the exploration in the fourth game just for the lulz. That sounds rather Nue-ish to me. :V

And since they replicated attacks from the SRW games before, Iku showing up is a necessity. Because Giga Drill Breaker has to be a thing.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Weird taste? Not really. You have weird taste if you like Orin, Chen or Tewi.

About
Spoiler:
Nue: She joins you for the final mission and shows up earlier as an enemy in Ei so it's highly likely that she joins in on the exploration in the fourth game just for the lulz. That sounds rather Nue-ish to me. :V

And since they replicated attacks from the SRW games before, Iku showing up is a necessity. Because Giga Drill Breaker has to be a thing.

Spoiler:
It is implied and said in the ending that she has joined the Panequin Ship, helping Murasa to gather the remaining pieces to find Hijiri.

Also, final stage changes!  This time, a breather:

Yep, she NO LONGER CARRIES GUARD (at least on Hard and below, Lunatic still carries it).  It is replaced by Shotgun L2, which is not really that bad considering you really should not be standing right next to her in the beginning phases.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Well, that's good to hear. Maybe now I can deal more than 10 damage to her. :V

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Since Guard Lv2 reduces final damage by 20%, and 10 is supposed to be the minimal final damage, you still would be dealing 10 damage even without Guard Lv2
Final damage here excluding damage-reducing barrier effects.

If a unit dies defending another unit, the defended unit will deal extra 'revenge' damage on that single battle. (But some units will still be dealing 10 damage)
Only in Gensou Shoujo Taisen and not in the SRW series.
Certain pairs have special lines when this happens.

Lyrica and Merlin can easily reach max level by using their map attack on max level characters, and then Synchronize Prismriver Sisters is no slouch.
It's rather tedious, though.

Murasa, Ichirin, and Akyuu have pre-battle lines with the Stage 53 Boss (the Activate Spell Card in 5 turns stage).
Pairing Yukari with someone fast and shoving Seirensen loaded with units in the boss's face makes it easier.
Signature

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
The 10 was a joke since I didn't manage to deal any significant damage to her on the patch before this one. :V (granted, bad choise of a number for this)

The thing with the revenge-damage already came up once but I think then it was only mentioned that certain pairs have that (like Daiyousei & Cirno).

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Since Guard Lv2 reduces final damage by 20%, and 10 is supposed to be the minimal final damage, you still would be dealing 10 damage even without Guard Lv2
Final damage here excluding damage-reducing barrier effects.

If a unit dies defending another unit, the defended unit will deal extra 'revenge' damage on that single battle. (But some units will still be dealing 10 damage)
Only in Gensou Shoujo Taisen and not in the SRW series.
Certain pairs have special lines when this happens.

Lyrica and Merlin can easily reach max level by using their map attack on max level characters, and then Synchronize Prismriver Sisters is no slouch.
It's rather tedious, though.

Murasa, Ichirin, and Akyuu have pre-battle lines with the Stage 53 Boss (the Activate Spell Card in 5 turns stage).
Pairing Yukari with someone fast and shoving Seirensen loaded with units in the boss's face makes it easier.

It was implied that along with "Super Armor" from the last card, the damage reduction gets to a point where it does no damage at all.  Hence, the 1.1.1.1 patch fixes this.

Another change:

Reactor of Life now also reduces the effects of Potential L8 + (along with Instinct Dodge), I'm sure this is a change on Lunatic too since this is a solid change on the ability itself and not just something you can take off.
This means, with a bomb (to take off Super Armor), this attack phase is now not a problem anymore... at least on Normal.

My team at its absolute limit, this is as far as it can go.  You will need at least 3 bombs for the 3 turns that you need to take her down.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:31:06 PM by c l e a r »

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
Maximum Power is 750 wtf. That means...something like 4.5-5 times the damage and armor (depending if her Defense or damage stats reach 250). Are her will gains THAT good, though?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Last time I fought her she gained 100 Power for every 20% or so of life she lost during that phase.
It was on Normal, so only 500 Max Power but she did reach it very quickly and it was very noticeable.
Outside of that she also has P-All which gives her the effect of all the P-abilities, so extra Power for taking hits, dodging hits, attacking, anything. Don't know about her personality though.
And she also has a default maximum Power of 200, so she doesn't have to start from the default anyway.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:45:51 PM by Yookie »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
After the bomb taking "Super Armor" off, my best attackers from Fury users are at best 1200 damage.
The way to approach this fight is to never ever, ever use Fury until this phase, once she hits 500, the damage dealt reduction is cringe worthy.  Yuugi, of all people, deals only 900 Damage with Three Steps (Auto-cast Fury).  900 FUCKING DAMAGE.

And remember, Shizuha's lonliness doesn't work in this phase.

Maximum Power is 750 wtf. That means...something like 4.5-5 times the damage and armor (depending if her Defense or damage stats reach 250). Are her will gains THAT good, though?

Oh hell yea, she does 20,000 damage easy to any Evasion type (she'll hit), and 15,000 to any Super type units.
Keep in mind that on Normal and Easy, her maximum is 500, much more manageable.  Her HP is also 42,000, and not the number you see there.

On Lunatic, it must be like... 800 Power or something because Sanbando was trying to make this stage as cheesy as possible.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:31:04 AM by c l e a r »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Trapping Yukarin and beating her on the 49th turn?  Currently going for a complete rout on this stage.  Nothing too fancy, just some nuts SP management.
Yuyuko, Youmu, Ran, Sanae, Momiji, Aya, Seireisen, Shou, and Nazrin remain.  Idk how strong Youmu, Ran, or Yuyu is, but everyone else save Seireisen are pushovers.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:03:07 PM by c l e a r »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
How do you even trap her? Is there a pattern in her warping around?
I thought she just moves how she feels like. :V

Unless Youmu's leash range is higher on higher difficulties you can shoot her freely from a certain distance.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
On Normal, you can run up to Yukari and take the full force of her shikigamis.  Problem is, her field is deployed and her field is the definition of teh suck cause it has the same properties of BoLaD, which makes all attacks whiff unless it is point blank range, but only for her.  Ran does have her MAP, which makes it difficult for Normal.  I believe you have to deal with Yuyuko first that way, cause if you move within 10 spaces of Reimu, she moves and the whole thing is over.  Also, if you move within 10 space within Ran (but not Chen, she dives for you), Yukari will pounce.

On Hard, it is slightly different.  Yukari always moves first among the enemies, and she will move from Turn 1 and will be forced to move.  However, if you are not within 14-18 (idk, kind of hazy) spaces of her, her AI will spaz out, causing her to move to the left, 1 space from the limit, and from there, as long as you are not within her "range", she will continuously move left, and then up towards the top, and then get stuck going up and down.

So the battle plan was this, turn 1 is to not move any units up.  Hunker down with Merlin, and get Power to 150 while Team 9, Aki Sisters, Hatate, Suika and Chen dive down (they will dive in that order), from there, you can choose what to do, you can head to the right to deal with the MoF and UFO group.  Seireisen is ridiculously sturdy though, it has 55,000 HP and has Guard L2.  Man, how I wish when we use the ship we get to that levels of toughness.  The other thing is conserve SP, both Rumia and Mystia's field peg accuracy 25% and it stacks, it is tempting to cast strike, but don't, only Rumia does any real damage. However, you will definitely fail if Hatate catches up with them, as her field jacks up their Evasion by 30%, which then you can just redo the stage cause you will waste too much SP dealing with the problem.

On the left, you can start by dealing with Yukari.  After moving into her range, I bait her with Hourai Doll, all the while I use Lunasa to plunge her down the shitter to 50.  You have to do this, Yukari holds Perceive, Faith, Guard, Counter, all in L2, those along with Wisdom and Border Barrier is just nuts.  To give you an idea of how stupid she can get.  Komachi took well over half from Mesh of Light and Darkness with only Power 92.  I know that Komachi's defenses are made of a wet paper bag, but still.

From there, she will keep going down in the MAP and if you corner her within like 3 spaces, she will move up again.  So if you think you are in range, use Yuuka's Coresion and wait the next turn and hope for the best.  You also need Kurumi to prevent her Guarding and Evading from Range moves that she has no answers for, as you have no Luxury to fire off another Coresion and have her Regen the damage.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:17:53 AM by c l e a r »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Incoming TOTAL VICTORY.  Sanae with her 70% Faith bar is really scary though.  Next time I should consider taking out the right side first.  I believe she starts gaining 1% a turn after Turn 30.  This is now Turn 103.

:toot

Casualty was a Shanghai doll that I left in focus mode that got wasted by Yukari.

Also, I doubled my play time on this play through to rout everyone.  Cool Game.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:45:40 AM by c l e a r »