Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364618 times)

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
She uses her Giga Flare whenever there are at least 4 of your units in range of either up, down, left or right of her on normal mode. Those areas overlap. So 1 unit can count for both left/right and up/down at the same time.
I managed to close in on her and position by moving my entire party except for 6 people far away and use these 6 to trap her. I then marked the areas for her Map spell and positioned myself over the duration of about 15 turns.
No, she doesn't stop using it.
Yes, casting Disturbance would help but you really want that for later.

Many thanks for the translations, HertzDevil. I'll see to integrating it right away.

I thought I had Letty. I guess she got lost that time when I forgot to save and had to redo stuff...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:31:14 AM by Yookie »

Lots of cool stuff.

Wow this is incredibly helpful. Thanks a bunch for these.

By the way, I have waited for WEEKS for all of these to happen. Same deal since Scarlet.

Haha that's pretty fantastic. Got a good laugh out of me.

5/4/3/2 units in range on the four difficulties.

I have not confirmed this, but it seems that bosses will use MAP weapons only when their current spell card is a MAP weapon or their non-spell weapons contain a MAP weapon.

There is a completely unused form of Alice with two Hourai dolls readily cast. Differences:
- Alice no longer readily generates Hourai Doll units since two are with her;
- Shanghai Doll and Malice Cannon are gone;
- Kick only has +25 Critical rate instead of +50;
- Artful Sacrifice uses the animation for Return Inanimateness and has 8 shots instead of 12;
- Doll's War does 2600 damage instead of 2150, has a Critical rate of +35 instead of +20, has 8 shots instead of 4, and requires 115 Power instead of 110;
- Straw Doll Kamikaze becomes usable. 3300 Power, 1-6 Range, +30 Accuracy rate, +30 Critical rate, 1 shot, 130 Power, terrain affinity AACA, "increases Power per doll on map" (tested Shanghai Doll, doesn't seem to work);
- Seeker Wire becomes usable. 2700 Power, Laser and MAP attributes, 1-5 Range, +20 Accuracy rate, +20 Critical rate, 1 shot, 90 MP, 130 Power, terrain affinity AACA. As of now no such MAP weapon data exists in the game so using it will freeze the game; it could be like V2 Gundam's Wings of Light from G Generation (orthogonal rectilinear) or Granveil's Megiddo Flame (oblique line), because GST needs such a MAP weapon.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Updates are done.

If she uses her Map-Spell when already 2 people are in Range on Lunatic then I have really no non-cheesy ideas about dealing with it that don't involve heavily cutting your Party-Size.
But I wouldn't play these games on Lunatic anyway since I don't like the concept of reducing the amount of Points you obtain on higher difficulties because of how much I like upgrading my people. :V

If I understand that about Alice correctly and she deploys 2 Dolls automatically when the Stage begins then I assume that Seeker Wire will have something to do with them in terms of where it attacks. Maybe it would start at Alice, go through both Dolls and then return to her. It could potentially even strike the same target multiple times like that. Would be a very fitting attack for her.

Erratum: Mystia's song is "Bye Bye Chicken Heart". This was actually in the music room.

There is one weapon attribute called "Cannon type" that only appears in Marisa's Master Spark as an enemy spell card and the Palanquin Ship's Side Mega Spiritual Power Cannon. This attribute has no effect.

These will be added to the Touhou Wiki. (still have to integrate existing or missing stuff from Scarlet and Mystic)

More on unit classes: Different units increment different amounts of HP, MP, Mobility, or Armor upon upgrading these properties. These have no relationship to the unit's cost whatsoever. Every upgrade level increments the same amount in one unit; negative upgrades are used by the enemy on Easy difficulty (so that these values across difficulties do not simply differ by multiples of 5%).

HP classes: (increment per upgrade level, same below)
150: Aya, Hatate, Mokou, Nazrin, Reimu, Reisen, Sanae
200: Alice, Chen, Cirno, Eirin, Flandre, Hina, Koakuma, Kurumi, Lily White, Luna, Lyrica, Marisa, Nue, Orin, Parsee, Patchouli, Sakuya, Shizuha, Shou, Star, Sunny, Tewi, Wriggle, Youmu
250: Daiyousei, Elly, Three Fairies of Light, Kaguya, Keine, Komachi, Lunasa, Merlin, Mima, Minoriko, Momiji, Mystia, Nitori, Ran, Remilia, Rumia, Suika, Suwako, Yamame, Yuuka
300: Kanako, Kisume, Letty, Meiling, Prismriver Trio, Palanquin Ship, Yuugi, Yukari, Yuyuko

MP classes:
10: everyone else
15: Mima, Minoriko, Ran, Remilia, Yuuka

Mobility classes:
4: Eirin, Kaguya, Kanako, Keine, Kisume, Komachi, Letty, Lunasa, Meiling, Merlin, Minoriko, Momiji, Nitori, Palanquin Ship, Patchouli, Prismriver Trio, Yamame, Yukari, Yuugi, Yuuka
5: everyone else

Armor classes:
40: Alice, Aya, Chen, Cirno, Hatate, Hina, Kurumi, Lily White, Lyrica, Marisa, Mokou, Mystia, Nazrin, Nue, Orin, Parsee, Reimu, Sakuya, Sanae, Shizuha, Suika, Tewi, Udonge, Wriggle
50: everyone else

More on weapon classes: Same with Mystic / Cherry, units are split into 5 distinct classes according to their unit cost; as in SRW (in particular Advance), those units that are already stronger need more money to upgrade weapons, and the amount of power increased will also be lower.

Costs:
Class1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10thTotal
E5000 6500 9000 12500 17000 22500 29000 36500 45000 54500 237500
D6000 8500 12000 16500 22000 28500 36000 44500 54000 64500 292500
C7000 10500 15000 20500 27000 34500 43000 52500 63000 74500 347500
B8000 12000 17000 23000 30000 38000 47000 57000 68000 80000 380000
A10000 15000 21000 28000 36000 45000 55000 66000 78000 91000 445000

Amount: (cumulative; no differences if nobody has Waifu level)
Class1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th16th17th
E100 200 300 400 500 600 750 900 1050 1200 1350 1500 1650 1850 2050 2250 2450
D100 200 300 400 500 600 750 900 1050 1200 1350 1500 1650 1800 1950 2150 2350
C100 200 300 400 500 600 750 900 1050 1200 1350 1500 1650 1800 1950 2100 2300
B100 200 300 400 500 600 750 900 1050 1200 1300 1400 1550 1700 1850 2000 2150
A100 200 300 400 500 600 750 900 1050 1200 1300 1400 1500 1600 1700 1850 2000

Class members: (enemies have been omitted since they cannot have Waifu levels thus increase the same amount of power on each difficulty)
E: Daiyousei
D: Lily White, Luna, Star, Sunny
C: Chen, Cirno, Three Fairies of Light, Hina, Letty, Lunasa, Lyrica, Merlin, Mystia, Rumia, Wriggle
B: Elly, Kisume, Kurumi, Minoriko, Nazrin, Nitori, Nitori FA, Parsee, Shizuha, Shou, Yamame
A: everyone else

One thing I noticed during the game is how Satori looks permanently sad throughout the cutscenes. Turns out at least this mugshot is unused: (I skipped nearly all battle scenes)

There is also this unused animation strip of Keine's Six Slaves Next History:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:03:02 PM by HertzDevil »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Updated the thing with Mystia.
and I also left a remark in the opening post about the data you're giving us.
I think it would clutter it up too much and it's easy enough to find like this for those who are interested.
After all, this was originally just for making it playable for people that have no understanding of Japanese and one does not really need to know about upgrade-classes in order to get through the game.
Still appreciate it though, it's interesting.

About that Satori-face: I'm pretty sure that I saw this one either during a battle scene when she takes a heavy hit or during one of the cut-scenes with Okuu.
And she doesn't always look sad. Sometimes also smug or indifferent. In battle-scenes she sometimes even has her (trademark) smile with one eye closed.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
5/4/3/2 units in range on the four difficulties.

I have not confirmed this, but it seems that bosses will use MAP weapons only when their current spell card is a MAP weapon or their non-spell weapons contain a MAP weapon.

Well, at least with this, I can position 2 units and use Support Defense to get into position.  It looks like I have to use Yuyuko for this stage too, that dance is pretty much necessary to get everyone ready, The wisps die on anything that you do; or anything you don't do, since
Spoiler:
Berserk Utsuho
will smoke them regardless, and Yuyu can just take the SP from those Units and Dance again. 

Getting her to avoid smoking the wisp with the bombs would be nice.  On spell where she casts Fury and gets an extra move when she hits someone... can it be bombed so she does not have that ability?  Also, what is her
Spoiler:
Heaven and Hell Meltdown
like?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
She has an upgraded version of
Spoiler:
Yatagarasu Dive that also allows her to pass through enemies via the danmaku field, so it gets disabled by bombing it. Unfortunately she redeploys the field each time she moves, so that will only hinder her once.

Map Spell:
Spoiler:
Hell's Tokamak/Heaven & Hell Meltdown hits everything, as far as I can tell. It does have the narrow space it has in SA that stretches to the end of the map left and right of Okuu, but you still get hit everywhere near her.

You could try and distract her with someone she prefers to attack + Support Defense to clear out the wisps yourself for the bombs, but I don't know how well that works on your difficulty.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I also like to note that the copyright police has completely smashed Youtube of GST Ei Videos.  Guess it will be like that for a while.

Damn, if she does like that and respawn the danmaku, I would have to break the spell in one turn, that is the definition of teh suck.

Hey thanks for posting the Ei?s translations, they have been really useful, specially after playing "You"completely blind and without knowing what most of the unique skills did.

Spoiler:
I just finished stage 40. It was awesome to use, for the second time, the main characters upgrades against the other main character, the new animations are great and it reminded me to SRW OG1. But I was a little disappointed that because Marisa just went after me and all the other enemies stayed behind some OP danmakus it wasn't as epic as the Zeuth vs Zeuth fight in SRW Z.

To give an idea of what it is like in the last episode on Lunatic,
Spoiler:
Giga Flare is a post-movement weapon on Lunatic. In other words, it does not matter whether you place your units close to Utsuho or not because she can move twice and then use Giga Flare wherever she thinks she can hit the most units, unless you surround her with tanks, something GST clearly doesn't have since by tanks I mean around 2400 Armor plus barriers that reduce damage. Sanbondo has gone all-out with MAP attacks to magnitudes of unfairness never seen in official SRW releases.

It is also true that on all difficulties Utsuho never attacks Orin in episode 55, although Orin will get hit nonetheless if Utsuho uses any MAP weapon. Even one Support Attack due to Orin could make the last episode less fiendish.

Also, when Mokou joins the player in episode 43, compared to her Mystic stats, she has an extra 20 MP, 3.0 cost instead of 2.5, and +100 weapon power.

More missing character specific skills:
Alice
Puppet Master: Double the amount of dolls that can be generated in one episode. Obtained at Level 30.

Cirno
Freeze: Limited to Frost Beam instead of all weapons, always decrease evasion rate by 20%.

Keine
Lunar Power Amplification: Require 110 Power (instead of 130) to transform into her Hakutaku form. Obtained at episode 50.

Meiling
Art of Qi Concentration: Gain HP Regen (S).
Swift (lit. Shaking) Legs: Land affinity becomes S.
Dragon of the Scarlet Devil: Perform Support Defense in the player phase for 3 times. Obtained at Level 38.

Momiji
Sentry Tengu: Gain one extra Support Attack and Support Defense. Obtained at Level 42.

Patchouli
MP Recycling Mechanism: Replenishes 20 MP when her Magic Barrier completely nullifies an enemy's attack. Obtained at Level 43.

Sakuya
Time Paradox: She can perform Support Attack to herself when her Skill stat is at least 30 higher than that of the enemy character. Obtained at Level 37.
I am in the progress of making sort of a debug save so that everyone can do this.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:00:53 AM by HertzDevil »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
To give an idea of what it is like in the last episode on Lunatic,
Spoiler:
Giga Flare is a post-movement weapon on Lunatic. In other words, it does not matter whether you place your units close to Utsuho or not because she can move twice and then use Giga Flare wherever she thinks she can hit the most units, unless you surround her with tanks, something GST clearly doesn't have since by tanks I mean around 2400 Armor plus barriers that reduce damage. Sanbondo has gone all-out with MAP attacks to magnitudes of unfairness never seen in official SRW releases.

It is also true that on all difficulties Utsuho never attacks Orin in episode 55, although Orin will get hit nonetheless if Utsuho uses any MAP weapon. Even one Support Attack due to Orin could make the last episode less fiendish.

Pretty much my thoughts when she blows me away with her MAP, even in older SRW series, giant MAP by Enemy Units are powerful, but relatively inaccurate.  She however, gets a 60% ACC boost even in her form in Stage 54, not to mention on 55 where the ability gives her an extra move.  This is on hard, and it is still a post movement attack.  If only she does not MOVE before you clean up everything it would not be so bad.  I'm going to try surrounding her with 2 units in her range on each side now and see if it helps.  Still I think
Spoiler:
Yorihime
  is significantly worse due to how weak you are to her.

Also, thinking of going back to a backed up quick save file to get Yukari to L50 to get Border of Dreams and Reality (Dream Sheishin Command are reduced to 175% instead of 200%).  Which is way more helpful than her gap abilities.

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
Yeah, it's a huge shame we wont get to experience You and Eternal's story in english. The strongest point in GST is the story and how close to canon and intertwined they make all the plot arcs. Any game that tries its damnedest to ignore fanon gets huge points in my book.
Definitely agree.

Good work this thread, very appreciated.

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

Erratum: The amounts of weapon power incremented by the Waifu level are always the "11th - 17th" values on the weapon classes table. Weapon level and Waifu level were not combined (so that weapon classes affect the weapon upgrade cost but never the amounts of weapon power incremented by upgrading weapon).

Border of Dreams and Reality reduces the SP cost to 150%.

The difficulty curve in GST, even that between Normal and Hard, is extremely high. On the four difficulties,
Spoiler:
in the last stage Utsuho is upgraded by -2/0/4/8 levels, and the vengeful spirits 0/3/6/10 levels. Every grunt you fight in that stage is fully upgraded on Lunatic. The stats are:
Spoiler:
Utsuho
HP (non-spell): 22000/28000/40000/52000
HP (total): 129000/165000/237000/309000
MP: 990
Mobility: 70/90/130/170
Armor: 1000/1200/1600/2000

Vengeful Spirit
HP: 4200/5100/6000/7200
MP: 100/145/190/250
Mobility: 90/105/120/140
Armor: 800/950/1100/1300

On Lunatic, I do nothing, and Utsuho moves three times on turn 3, casting Strike and using Giga Flare after moving 24 squares. Within the MAP weapon's range only Marisa survives with 3 HP remaining.
I don't know if Ex-Hard difficulties in recent SRWs are as hard; SRW W allows one to choose the upgrade level of all enemies from 0 to 20. Nonetheless I hacked my own save file so that everyone is upgraded by 8 levels, is at Lv 60, has 100 kills, has 1000 PP, has 13 Waifu points (any further will trigger GST's anti-hack mechanism since the amount of WP is limited to 15 times number of stages cleared), and there are 99 of each item.

There is no way to enable enemy units' spell card weapons even after those units are hacked into the player's party. Yorihime got her attacks simply because stage 49 overrides her list of spell cards and gives her all the weapons initially, so it is impossible to make a debug save containing all the enemy units without modifying the assets (and that means a patch rather than a save file).

Something else that seems to have never been mentioned is the users of the two forms of Blocking:

Sword Cut
Player: Aya, Elly, Flandre, Hatate, Keine, Komachi, Lunasa, Momiji, Nazrin, Nue, Reimu, Sakuya, Youmu, Yuuka
Enemy: Bakebake, Moon Rabbit (all forms), Wolf Tengu, Crow Tengu, Yorihime

Shield Defense
Player: Kisume, Momiji, Yuuka, Yuyuko
Enemy: Wolf Tengu

In particular, Lunasa has no dialog for Sword Cut other than the default one; she just repeats "Sword Cut". On the contrary some characters have dialogs for Sword Cut even though they cannot use it.

Even more stuff: Sometimes when a unit performs Support Defense and then dies, the counterattacking unit will receive a damage boost. Try it; when Daiyousei gets defeated while defending for Cirno, Cirno's next attack will deal 50% more damage.

EDIT: Satori's skill "Mind Reading" has no effect on final accuracy and evasion.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:36:08 AM by HertzDevil »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
I personally never mentioned it since for your own team-members you can simply look it up in-game by testing if the character in question can learn the "Blocking" skill. If they can it's somewhat easy to determine which parts of it they can use imho. :V

My rule of thumb was just always that characters who somehow wield a melee-weapon and use it in at least one attack can Parry with Hatate being one exception since she can apparently use her cellphone to deflect attacks and Sanae the other being unable to use her Miko-stick for such things.

Shield Block is even simpler since so few characters can even do that. I guess you just wouldn't think that Yuyu can do it.

Enemies that can use Shield Block always stay in my mind given how annoying they are. (Yes Momiji, I'm talking about you and your army of Wolf Tengu)

Anyway, I've added them anyway to the op. Thanks

Is the damage-increase somehow visible like some of the active skills when activated? I never had Support-Defenders die since my only deaths were to Map-Spells or due to me putting Kurumi in Focus for whatever reason and Yorihime knowing her math. Also I only have very few Support defenders and the only time that could've happened was with the Aki sisters

The thing with Satori: If you mean what she does in Marisa's route: She just always auto-casts Alert each turn.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:12:25 PM by Yookie »

Erratum: P-Danmaku has not existed after Scarlet. In Mystic and Eternal it was replaced by P-Defeat, which increases Power by 1 whenever an ally destroys an enemy unit.

Satori's Mind Reading reads
Casts "Alert" at the beginning of every turn. Increases hit rate and dodge rate depending on level.
The latter never happens due to a mistype in the game engine. Supposedly her final accuracy and evasion will both increase by 10/12/15/17/20/22/25/27/30%, so Mind Reading L9 is equivalent to casting both Alert and Focus (+30%). But that never happens.

The damage increase is more like relationship bonuses and invisible.

Can someone tell me what's the mission objective in Stage 39 is? Suddenly get a gameover one or two turns after
Spoiler:
Marisa gets shot down.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
You have to guard the spot she was in before that happened if I remember correctly. I didn't do anything special on that stage except for offensively swarming out, taking everything down.
Just don't let any enemies step on that square.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Can someone tell me what's the mission objective in Stage 39 is? Suddenly get a gameover one or two turns after
Spoiler:
Marisa gets shot down.

Nitori, Alice, Patchy, and one of Marisa other harem (didn't play, just watched), will move into the general area.  Just move each of them and put them in park in the border of the squares and that should not be even a problem.  If there is already a unit on the white square, you have to waste them, as if any enemy unit finish their turn on the white square, it's a losing condition.

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
I went ahead and replayed Scarlet to grab the Sunflower and...is it me or does it not do what it says it should do? Gave it to Reimu 'cause 10 SP per turn on someone with Luck sounds incredibly OP, casted it on the first turn of Mission 11 and...nothing. A bit disappointing to say the least. Bugged? Or just a trophy item?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
While I never got it in Scarlet, the Sunflower regenerates 10% of your MP per turn from You onwards. So it either does nothing or that I suppose.

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
Ahhhhh. The translation mislabels it as regening 10 SP every turn in Scarlet. Further testing shows that it does in fact regen 10% of your MP each turn. Still an awesome item at least and allows my Marisa to pretty much go nuts with most spells without worry.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
May I ask how you got the damage to actually defeat Yuuka? Iirc she retreats at 9 or 8k HP and I never wanted to go that far out of my way to pull that off. (I also noticed in Ei that I have enough items anyway and wouldn't even know whom to give another Sunflower but that's just an excuse for me having too much respect for Yuuka to shoot her down at this point where you're not even close to matching her.)
I got close by leveling Reimu and Keine really high and giving Reimu some Waifu-level for Youkai Buster but it was never enough.
It would've been enough with a crit from one of the two but Yuuka's Skill is too high at that point for them to get one.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
may be eiji modo?
I never bothered since I was way too weak, I just smacked her 3 times and let her be while Sakuya runs upstairs and Yuuka will try to Master Spark (MAP) and help me grind down Sakuya.

Also for
Spoiler:
Berserk Utsuho
, I am playing on hard and I think I need to come up with a different strat cause she is completely different.  Please help me to see if this works out
- Seeing how her MAP works, there is no other real way to do this other than using both Prismriver Sisters and the Three Faires and have them buffed.
- Suwako is a must to drop her armor, support attack is preferred.  Fun fact, even if she misses, it STILL grants the armor debuff, which is good.
- Any Support Defense is a must, Kisume gets special mention due to you getting her with TONS of PP to use, comes packing with Grit and Inspire.  Meiling also has Grit, Kaguya is useful later post-non spell field.

POSITIONS:
- One of the trio to the north of her, the other to the left OR right of her,
- MariAri team to the Southwest, or the Southeast,  this team need a support defense team to babysit them.  Also, Alice would like to be able to spawn more dolls.
- Elly with Tile Danmaku in the Special Ability slot, she is only used for that one turn, so it does not matter if you under leveled her.
- Kurumi!  I totally ignore her through the entire playthrough, sticking someone with support defense to babysit her, to whichever corner that MariAri is not in.  She needs someone casting Aspire for her to do anything, but the goal is two fold, to do it at the end of the health bar, and have
Spoiler:
Orin
actually do something as
Spoiler:
Utsuho
, never wants to attack her friend (will go into Dodge or Defend command on Hard+), I believe this will put Utsuho into doing nothing.  This is in the end as well, so have both Kurumi and
Spoiler:
Orin
hide in the Palanquin Ship before so.

Non-Spell: Avoid the MAP, get into position. Her
Spoiler:
Yatagarasu Fire
pretty much hits you anyway with her Corruption ability, and that ridiculous +50 ACC modifier, so Support Defense is a must.
Spoiler:
Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction
: This is why you need to be on the north, east, or west of her.  The entire spell field negates Alert, but only the northwest, northeast, and south area negates Grit.  Unfortunately, the free attacks by the trios cannot be used to well here due to Alert not working.
Spoiler:
Peta Flare
:
Spoiler:
Ideon Gun!
Get all your units in the blast radius ready to dodge, she always aim for the area with the largest collateral damage.  Not much you can do here, honestly, use the free turns granted by split the trios and then re-merge them with the leader (Lunasa and Sunny, respectively) for the big attack.  Sunflower and Small Nuclear Reactor as equips here are VERY good.

(Untested at this point, someone please help me)
Spoiler:
Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction Dive
: Before ending the turn, have someone like Elly (should know Grit by now?), seal her movement for the turn.  Get Alice to spawn 3 or so dolls, she cannot move due to Elly, but she still has her free turns.  Next turn, you MUST beat this health bar, otherwise you are toast.
Spoiler:
Heaven and Hell Meltdown
: Someone explain this spell to me, is it survival?  Guessing
Spoiler:
Nue
with Disturbance will be useful here.
Spoiler:
Subterranean Sun
: She loses Corruption, soooo it is easier?  Is there anything I need to know?  I know she probably deal 24000 damage or something cause lol 500 power,  I'm guessing she has like a giant health bar to compensate?  Even so, her losing the extra move will make this much more managable. 

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
While I can't answer many questions, there is at least this:

Spoiler:
Heaven & Hell Meltdown
is a normal Card that you have to take out by depleting the Health Bar.
During
Spoiler:
Subterranean Sun
she's bound to one-shot anybody except for really tough people that use Guard and someone with Grit once she has taken some damage.
She does lose her extra attack and Accuracy Bonus so you can somewhat reliably dodge her attacks with people that are designed to dodge. I managed to take out the entire health bar of that spell in one turn iirc. It's not that much compared to other attacks so I doubt it will suddenly be twice as large as the ones for her previous Spellcards.

Also: Suwako can debuff Armor? I assume it's something she learns later on.

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
may be eiji modo?
I never bothered since I was way too weak, I just smacked her 3 times and let her be while Sakuya runs upstairs and Yuuka will try to Master Spark (MAP) and help me grind down Sakuya.

Heh, don't worry, it was Normal difficulty.

May I ask how you got the damage to actually defeat Yuuka? Iirc she retreats at 9 or 8k HP and I never wanted to go that far out of my way to pull that off. (I also noticed in Ei that I have enough items anyway and wouldn't even know whom to give another Sunflower but that's just an excuse for me having too much respect for Yuuka to shoot her down at this point where you're not even close to matching her.)
I got close by leveling Reimu and Keine really high and giving Reimu some Waifu-level for Youkai Buster but it was never enough.
It would've been enough with a crit from one of the two but Yuuka's Skill is too high at that point for them to get one.

She retreats at 7.5k HP and it *is* possible to reach slightly above that in a single attack + support action, although you need to plan well ahead for the fight.

First off, Marisa will be your main attacker. There's no getting around this, Master Spark is by far the strongest attack available to you and you need all the damage you can get, Yuuka's Drive + counter spark be damned. Focused Movement Lv 2, Attack Upgrades Lv 3, and Danmaku Power Lv 3 are a minimum for damage upgrades and a Firefly Gem is also needed to get Marisa's Night Rank back up to A. I personally had Focused Movement at Lv 4, which proved to be extremely helpful, since a Range 6 Illusion Spark makes it a lot easier to control the flow of damage Yuuka takes.

Alice needs to get Support Attack Lv 1. Since Marisa will be using Master Spark, Keine's Headbutt is out of the question, meaning you need someone else who can deal lots of damage from far away...and Shanghai Doll will do just that. There's also a huge second reason why Alice needs to be Marisa's support: Alice has enough Skill to crit Yuuka. This is crucial and pretty much is needed to finish off Yuuka's remaining life. Beyond Support Attack, Alice doesn't need any other upgrades, although Focused Movement or an Attack Upgrade certainly won't hurt. Keep in mind that for the latter, only spend the points for it if Marisa can't afford any additional Attack Upgrades before the mission.

For the Stage itself, Marisa and Alice absolutely need to be at 150 Power. For Marisa, this shouldn't be too much of an issue, since you'll be chipping away at Yuuka's health each turn. Alice will need some kills though, so don't neglect her. Sakuya can be lured away from the center of the room (optional) using a character with a movement of 6. You want to position them *just* close enough to bait her out but not be stuck in her Danmaku. Keep in mind that Sakuya will just activate her Danmaku and not move for the first turn you're in range of her so don't assume you're not close enough if she doesn't immediately charge at you. Once she's chasing you, just make tight turns around the bottom right/left of the map while dodging Misdirection for 20 Turns. Once she runs out of ammo, she'll stop charging after you and you can leisurely take out Yuuka and company. In addition to baiting Sakuya, you can just take the stairs to the left of the map, bait out Elly and Kurumi and set up camp chipping away at Yuuka. Keep in mind that this way is more annoying, since you can't do the preparations for the final blow...

Once Yuuka is down to 7501-7800 (try and get her as low as possible!!), send in someone to bomb away the Danmaku around Marisa/Alice (don't hit Yuuka and make her flee) and position Marisa 4 spaces from Yuuka and Alice 3 spaces from Yuuka (next to Marisa, obviously). If you take the side stair route, you're going to aggro Sakuya doing this. Pop Gain and Danmaku Power Lv 3 for Marisa, Focus for Alice and get ready to save/load a ton. Killing Yuuka nets you that nifty Sunflower, 500 Exp (1k if Gained) at Level 15, some Graze and 25k Points.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Yeah, thought as much.
I only started investing in Marisa's attack-upgrades in Ei, so there's that. And I don't really want to teach Alice Support Attack since that doesn't fit in my Party-setup.
I'm just too much of a perfectionist in such things and I'd rather forgo the Sunflower than mess up the skills of my characters, thereby wasting PP. I'm weird like that. :V

Interesting to know nonetheless.

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
If I recall correctly, Attack Upgrades get reset from Kou to Ei, as well as Skills. Even WP is reset between those two games, so you're only going with that set-up for the first part of the game.
Spoiler:
Apparently in the fight against Flandre in Mission 12, it's possible to take *her* out as well.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
The way I do the data-carryover to You skills don't reset. ~
I never bothered with attack upgrades in Scarlet since I never lacked the damage for anything discounting Yuuka.
And as long as a boss doesn't run it can be defeated except if the game really doesn't want you to.

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
Ugh, for some reason I can't get Lady A to show up in the Chronicles. She's the last character I need to complete it and it's pretty frustrating that she refuses to appear. Yeah, there's also some glossary terms I'm missing but...arghhhhhhhhhhh. What am I doing wrong?