Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 115070 times)

Eilaris

• Nickname: Snowduck
Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams
« Reply #870 on: December 01, 2018, 03:26:44 pm »
It looks like it's a compilation of all four games in Dream's engine, yeah.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like there's updates to the engine even from Dream - it has native widescreen now, for one.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:08:27 pm by Eilaris »

Nyxnyx

• Nickname: Sea
« Reply #871 on: December 01, 2018, 04:32:49 pm »
Now THAT's like a Dream come true.

seki108

• Mecha lover
  • Nickname: Seki
« Reply #872 on: December 04, 2018, 01:27:23 am »
Hopefully they'll do some animation touchups for some of the older characters, mainly Sakuya and base Keine.   Also, as much as Alice is loaded with attacks already, I'm still a bit miffed that she didn't get an attack with the Goliath Doll.

Raikaria

• Behold my secwet weapon!
  • The Seiga Mobile!
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #873 on: December 04, 2018, 04:46:07 pm »
They're working on a complete version of GST, a compilation of all 4 games.

Wonder how Scarlet would function on that, with the mechanical changes it has.

Also the Sakuya bonus story.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

seki108

• Mecha lover
  • Nickname: Seki
« Reply #874 on: December 07, 2018, 07:00:18 am »
Wonder how Scarlet would function on that, with the mechanical changes it has.

Also the Sakuya bonus story.

To quote Nyttyn from the Dream translation LP thread (not exactly an answer, but related to your speculation)

nah there's probably a lot of work to be done. They can reuse a lot of the assets, true, but even so - assuming that they just do a conservative "okay you can play all four games, no further bells and whistles," they have to port over every single stage into their new engine, decide how the new skills and balance changes are going to be handled on the leveling curve, fix the early game economy (because you get a MECTRIC fuckton more resources suddenly going from chapter 15 to 16 onward), re-balance games 1 and 2 around the different skills, fix all the various glitches, make the old bosses play nicely with the new systems accumulated over the years, figure out how NG+ will be implemented, rebalance games 1-3 around their new difficulty sliders.

Then, there's varying degrees more work they could put on themselves. From updating art assets, to updating attack animations, to new songs, to a NG+ all characters (which would require revisiting the growth curve of every single character), to playable Meeko and Makura, to bonus post-game chapters or challenges, and to re-writing the plot a bit to fix old stuff that doesn't work so well.

Perhaps they could even put in Playable Akyuu (HINT HINT SANBONDO)

Since we don't know how far they're going with this it's kind of hard to speculate how much work there is, but at minimum there's a LOT of work to be done still. It might seem as simple as "hey just port all the chapters of 1 to 3 over to 4," but even that's more complicated than it seems.

Nikkanoffun

• Nickname: RezZzonanS
« Reply #875 on: December 08, 2018, 04:13:08 am »
This will definitely take a lot of time, since they need to redraw all attack animations, as the game will a widescreen format.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.