Author Topic: About renaming files for vsync patch  (Read 5955 times)

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
About renaming files for vsync patch
« on: April 20, 2014, 09:45:43 AM »
Ok i just discovered the vsync patch and naturally i want to install it (i have Windows 7 Ultimate). Noticed that for EoSD it needs AppLocale, got it and installed without problems.
I've a few doubts about what the readme of vsync says:

Rename each individual exe file to th**.exe, where the stars are the game number, except for EoSD and Uwabami Breakers,
which must be named 東方紅魔郷.exe and alcostg.exe, respectively. Naturally this will be true by default, but if you want
to run the english-patched game then you must rename the executable from th07e to th07, and so on.

All my games are english-patched.....

1) in EoSD, the exe is named th06e . Should i rename it th06 or 東方紅魔郷?

2) some of the games (PCB, PoFV, MoF and others) actually have 2 exe, one named th** and the other th**e. If i rename the latter to the former the computer obviously tells me "dumbass, there is already one file with that name".... what should i do?

Re: About renaming files for vsync patch
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 09:49:10 AM »
Haven't done it myself, but it sounds like it wants you to name EoSD as 東方紅魔郷.exe. If the English patch named it th06e.exe, you should still name it 東方紅魔郷.exe for this, because it looks like it doesn't ask for th06.exe

As for the second problem, rename th**.exe as th**_old.exe (or something to that effect) or even simply move them out of the folder for a second. Then you won't have conflicting names when you try to rename th**e.exe. It can all be changed back later.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:51:54 AM by Iffy »

Drake

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 10:53:57 AM »
I name them th**j.exe.

When I say "except for EoSD and Uwabami Breakers, which must be named 東方紅魔郷.exe and alcostg.exe, respectively", it means your EoSD executable should be 東方紅魔郷.exe and Uwabami Breakers should be alcostg.exe.

These are all just the original filenames that the games are installed as. To run different executables you just change the filenames to what vpatch expects.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Espadas

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »
Thanks for the explanation. HOLY COW, maybe i'm noticing it more and overreacting but now Reimu seems like the old Marisa in speed O_o

Just for the sake of checking the difference i tried to take on Flandre's Maze of Love the circular way (i usually try to micrododge under her with somewhat poor results, the few times i tried to go in circles i died in 3 seconds flat  :blush:) and i actually managed to reach the clockwise part in my first attempt!  :V

I've encountered only one problem: i've tried the other games and the patch seems to work without problem EXCEPT with Ten Desires. Despite following the instructions correctly if i start the vpatch.exe it gives me an error message full of weird symbols without starting the game. Tried to start the game normally and it work without problem..... any idea why?
I tried to start the vsync using AppLocale but it doesn't work either...

This is what my TD folder looks like atm (i rename the original .exe adding "jap" to the end, while the english-patched one is renamed like the vsync require)

and this is the error i get

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 04:50:43 PM »
I tried to start the vsync using AppLocale but it doesn't work either...
So AppLocale didn't make those messages readable? Did you try to start the vsync while the system is set to Japanese? Does it change anything if you try to run Japanese version with vsync?
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Espadas

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
Quote from: Necrotek
So AppLocale didn't make those messages readable? Did you try to start the vsync while the system is set to Japanese? Does it change anything if you try to run Japanese version with vsync?

Didn't notice it earlier but the message does come out in japanese with AppLocale! Anyone can read it?

I've tried to rename and run the japanese version with vsyncs and IT WORK. It's only when i try to run the english-patched version that i get the error.....

I'm wary of trying to set the system to japanese since up until now everything worked perfectly, while i've read many comments of people getting this or that problem so i don't want to jeopardize that....

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 07:56:02 PM »
ゲームの実行ファイルが見つかりませんでした - it seems the patch can't find executable file for some reason.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »
I think that's happening because it expects you to run the Japanese version. In the .ini, there should be a line that says DisableChecksum at the bottom. Having that set at 1 should allow you to run TD. You did pull out the vsync patch out of the "VsyncPatch th13" folder for TD, right? Because that one already has that set.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
FYI Vpatch doesn't necessarily need Japanese locale bullshit, only Danmakufu does. You can name EoSD's executable ?????g????.exe (with the quotes included), and if you want to play in Japanese, name the DAT files like ?g????XX.dat (there's an invisible character before g that's mandatory, you can only notice it selecting the text with the keyboard)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 09:01:25 PM »
I don't have 13 yet so I can't say whats different for the vsync but gonna try the basics, do you have all three files in the th13 folder? Do you have the right .dll file in th13? Can you run the English version without the patch? (If so then that might help)
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Espadas

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »
I think that's happening because it expects you to run the Japanese version. In the .ini, there should be a line that says DisableChecksum at the bottom. Having that set at 1 should allow you to run TD. You did pull out the vsync patch out of the "VsyncPatch th13" folder for TD, right? Because that one already has that set.

.....i can't believe my problem was paying TOO MUCH attention to details!! I specifically pulled the file out of the folder for Fairy Wars since it was the latest modified one.... :V

Now it works properly, thanks to everyone for the help   :]

P.S. Out of curiosity, for which game is the file called vpatch_th_dnh.dll?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:15:05 PM by Espadas »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 01:28:22 AM »
P.S. Out of curiosity, for which game is the file called vpatch_th_dnh.dll?
That would be Danmakufu 0.12m. Though IMO it doesn't really do much, least on my system.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>