Author Topic: So, a few things I've noticed from UFO (minor spoilers if you actually care)  (Read 38155 times)

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
Whale, let's try to sort this one out.
Let's say ZUN wanted to keep the plot continuous like he did with MoF.  Now, it's not entirely implausible to suggest that Yumemi's Improbability Device or whatever it was could have been buried underground and brought up by the geyser.  However, this begs the question of how it got there in the first place (just saying "improbability" doesn't count).
Then you have to bring in the question of how Luizeiyuri, Shinki, and presumably Yumemi (replacing Ichirin...?  Nice demotion) would fit together, as neither of the PoDD duo has any business in Makai and the only two that know of each other are Chiyuri and Yumemi.

Or maybe ZUN didn't want to do strawberry cross danmaku.  The world may never know. *shrug*

Well, if ZUN was trying to bring back Chiyuri and Yumemi while making sense, he wouldn't include Makai at all. You know, the UFO that we have right now is because ZUN wanted to use new characters. I'm sure he can change the story around if he wanted to use different characters than Captain, Syou, and Byakuren in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:51:52 AM by Nwbi »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
Or maybe ZUN didn't want to do strawberry cross danmaku.  The world may never know. *shrug*

yeah. i think we have enough HUGEmaku in this game with just Ichirin and CAPTAIN MURASA, we don't need giant crosses, too :V

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Whale, let's try to sort this one out.
Let's say ZUN wanted to keep the plot continuous like he did with MoF.  Now, it's not entirely implausible to suggest that Yumemi's Improbability Device or whatever it was could have been buried underground and brought up by the geyser.  However, this begs the question of how it got there in the first place (just saying "improbability" doesn't count).
Then you have to bring in the question of how Luizeiyuri, Shinki, and presumably Yumemi (replacing Ichirin...?  Nice demotion) would fit together, as neither of the PoDD duo has any business in Makai and the only two that know of each other are Chiyuri and Yumemi.

Well, if ZUN was trying to bring back Chiyuri and Yumemi while making sense, he wouldn't include Makai at all. You know, the UFO that we have right now is because ZUN wanted to use new characters. I'm sure he can change the story around if he wanted to use different characters than Captain, Syou, and Byakuren in the first place.
Very good point.  'Didn't think of it that way.
Although I'm not really sure what room there is for the PoDD cast to come back anyway = (

Although I'm not really sure what room there is for the PoDD cast to come back anyway = (
That's easy! Kana and Rikako and Kotohime (probably not Ellen, she's from a manga) could just make reappearances like Yuka when -- oh, wait, you meant Yumemi and Chiyuri? Well, the government (or whoever they were working for) could commission them to go back to Gensokyo for whatever reason ...

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
seems relevant

Notice any similarities at all?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
That's easy! Kana and Rikako and Kotohime (probably not Ellen, she's from a manga) could just make reappearances like Yuka when -- oh, wait, you meant Yumemi and Chiyuri? Well, the government (or whoever they were working for) could commission them to go back to Gensokyo for whatever reason ...

From my ultra l33t interpretation of the PoDD endings (called reading the limited Japanese I know and actually being able to translate most of Marisa's ending but otherwise looking at the pictures), Yumemi got fired from her school after she came back. In some endings there's also a special part after the credits where Yumemi comes through the portal sobbing and Chiyuri following her, so it's safe to say they live in Gensokyo now...somewhere.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet