Author Topic: So, a few things I've noticed from UFO (minor spoilers if you actually care)  (Read 38121 times)

Hmm. I don't think we have enough basis for speculation at the moment. We couldn't really have known, with the release of MoF, that Kanako would indirectly set the "geyser incident" in motion, nor at SA's release that Orin's geysers would release a Nue who would send out objects which happened to appear to the heroines as UFOs.

Hmm. I can see Byakuren trying to set something in motion which indirectly results in something in Touhou 13. Or perhaps someone in Makai got ... bothered by the goings on in Hokkai ...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
4. Aya starts a rumor that results in a zany misunderstanding, a la Three's Company.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

4. Aya starts a rumor that results in a zany misunderstanding, a la Three's Company.
Isn't that what happened in the Maikaze anime?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Isn't that what happened in the Maikaze anime?

It's been a while since I saw it, but I seem to remember Aya throwing books about the library, one of them hitting Patchy, resulting in Reimu having to fight Patchy. That's a pretty zany misunderstanding.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hmm, although UFO has the smallest cast yet (no unique midboss characters, although it's not really smalelr if you count Unzan), the "UFO family/shrine" is the biggest with 7 people; Nazrin, Ichirin, Unzan, Murasa, Shou, Byakuren, Nue, even larger than the SDM crew, which has 6; Meiling, Koakuma, Patchy, Sakuya, Remi, Flan.

Also
Quote from: Byakuren
The youkai ... were there perhaps
a tiger, a ghost spirit, and a Nyuudo?
Ahahahahaha even Byakuren remembers Unzan over Ichirin.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:05:17 PM by Suikama »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
...Huh. Thinking about it, Shinki lives in Makai. Byakuren lives (sort of) in Makai. Byakuren has Shinki's limiting lasers, and doesn't seem like the thieving type... so that possibly means Byakuren was a student of Shinki, then? :V
Let's fight.

Jana

• mrgrgr
Actually, I was thinking about that too. She's been there for 1000 years or so, and her battle takes place outside of what seems to be Pandemonium, so I think it's a pretty credible possibility.

...Huh. Thinking about it, Shinki lives in Makai. Byakuren lives (sort of) in Makai. Byakuren has Shinki's limiting lasers, and doesn't seem like the thieving type... so that possibly means Byakuren was a student of Shinki, then? :V
So...

Byakuren is Alice's sist*shot*

NinjaFoxX

• There is so much wrong with everything you've done in your short time here
  • I can't even fit it all in title and text. Bye!
^its...not exactly possible, but then again idk alice isint in this game...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
So...

Byakuren is Alice's sist*shot*

I take it nobody really paid attention/cared about my second point, did they? >_>
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
I take it nobody really paid attention/cared about my second point, did they? >_>

2. I've always thought the "Alice is Shinki's mom" theory to be very flawed. People say it's because she was in Makai at the time, but UFO gives an indirect explanation for why Alice was there during the events of Mystic Square

Of course they ignore the "Alice is Shinki's mom," as it is very ridiculous. Though, more ridiculous than the other way around.

ZUN never said any of those are canon, anyway. No matter what we're getting at here, if he doesn't acknowledge it, it can never be canon. But even that won't stop people from speculating insane theories, no?

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
not fair, you could apply that to just about anything
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Then why shouldn't you? :)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
So that was Black Tewi breaking the fourth wall but it still makes very little sense towards the actual relations of Hokkai and Makai and its characters imo.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
"Shinki is Alice's mom"
Now that it's been worded right, people will care/pay attention to the point you're trying to make.

Or not.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

So that was Black Tewi breaking the fourth wall but it still makes very little sense towards the actual relations of Hokkai and Makai and its characters imo.
The point is: "make your own."

nintendonut888

"Shinki is Alice's mom"
Now that it's been worded right, people will care/pay attention to the point you're trying to make.

Or not.

Eh?

*looks at OP*

Oh god damn it. Now I just feel stupid.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

KomeijiKoishi

Now comes a REALLY stupid idea:
Nue is Rumia's EX form if you take her ribbon away.
And Byakuren isn't the first to steal a "card" from a PC-98 character. I just say "Mokou's third spell card".

nintendonut888

And Byakuren isn't the first to steal a "card" from a PC-98 character. I just say "Mokou's third spell card".

To be fair though, Mokou changed up the original there: It's a LOT easier than Evil Eye Sigma's "Flaw of Unforgiving Tank" (and yes I'm going to strive to make that its unofficial name)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ

To be fair though, Mokou changed up the original there: It's a LOT easier than Evil Eye Sigma's "Flaw of Unforgiving Tank" (and yes I'm going to strive to make that its unofficial name)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIznDu6TEs8#t=5m16s
Larger (bullet) hitboxes, boss lasers, no focus, etc. Even though it's static, it's still a nightmare to pass through.

Based on what I'm reading, it would be logical to conclude that Alice went to Makai?
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

That's certainly the conclusion I'm getting. I mean, Shinki doesn't seem to take well to trespassers, but a single human/youkai (we don't know when she became a youkai) probably could live there without being found out, at least for a while.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Also, for human's to seal Byakuren in Makai, they PROBABLY would have to get permission from Shinki. And Byakuren was trying to get some of Makai's power so that she could help Youkai more. So yeah. Probably met Shinki at SOME point.

Also, Donut, Shinki was pissed at Reimu and co. because they were essentially killing everything they came across. Not just because they entered.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
While we're on this subject (sorta), I'd like to hear what the experts have to say about Alice and her apparent rapid aging upon leaving Makai (contrast PC-98 Alice with PCB Alice).
The miasma around Makai inhibits physical growth, but I didn't interpret that as slowing the aging process.

Shinki was pissed at Reimu and co. because they were essentially killing everything they came across.
On the other hand, that's basically what you'd expect from Marisa, Mima, and Yuka anyway.  Reimu just doesn't have much patience for people getting in her way.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
I sort of think that Alice probably used the mist to keep her in child form, being her probably now current form is her true look. In the child form, she may have used that to conceal her actual age or maybe some identity?

Yuka however... does she even care who she is hurting?

Marisa has shown to be somewhat distasteful with hitting down fairies before I think.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
This is a far stretch, but I think there's a connection between these two:

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Yuugen Magan was Byakuren in her seal all along?
D:

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
That's a pretty awesome connection

Yuka however... does she even care who she is hurting?

PMiSS says she is polite to villagers, to the point that they wouldn't notice that she's a powerful youkai if they're not told so; it also states that she's not interested in fighting weak people, except if they're found near her flower field; so Yuka is the Touhou's Akuma/Gouki.

which may mean, if Yuka's ever in a Touhou fighting game, she'll take it easy on opponents and have low HP and be easily stunnable, or something to that effect

What I'm curious right now, is about Nue's possible appearance in LLS's Extra Stage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQVqrU83VV8&#t=1m38s
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
Seems like a large stretch to say that Nue would have appeared in LLS Extra, although being a nue she's been running amuck for who knows how long.

It would fit but I severely doubt Zun would have that kind of foresight.