Author Topic: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver (From the makers of TLC and MPP!)  (Read 54921 times)

Re: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver (From the makers of TLC and MPP!)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »
0.02b patchnote( by rsy :V)

hyper gauge will be fullfilled about twice as fast as 0.01b. a bomb will  fill 3 or more ?keys?.

zakoes are  much more difficult than 0.01b

SE volume is  too noisy ( 50% enough

deathbomb allowing time decreased.

when gaugemax, max score counter will be 50% more. ( 1 item will increase 1.5 max score )

Needles for Reimu B have a larger hitbox now.  Crino and big fairies will be hit by all needles.

fragments given by max score counter will be 1 red and 1 green ,  when hyper is enabled , fragments count will be doubled.
(in 0.01a all fragments are red and will not be doubled by hyper)

Smokey

• Not the cat
Re: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver (From the makers of TLC and MPP!)
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 06:35:16 PM »
I didn't notice there was an update, but holy crap is it good. Wouldn't be surprised if the stages and scoring improvements were all Len :P
Glad to see they're trying to make a game with decent scoring beyond the basic survival, since TLC (timeout EVERYTHING) and MPP (dump all the resources on the last spell) were just stupid. It really makes me think of a TD, if TD wasn't terrible.
Hopefully stages 4-6 aren't completely retarded, though I guess the only retarded thing here is me for wanting to score in a fangame.

IT COMES THIS MONTH. Predictions of what exactly is happening in this Incident? Or should we all just wait a couple more weeks? I'm so freakin' excited!

IT COMES THIS MONTH. Predictions of what exactly is happening in this Incident? Or should we all just wait a couple more weeks? I'm so freakin' excited!

I'm glad I'm not the only one freaking out about this. I've been more excited for this than I was Impossible Spellcard, tbh.

All the Cthulhu references, but I feel like those are red herrings. At first I thought Ruri would be the extra midboss, being a shikigami and all, but I think she might actually just be the shikigami of a later boss. And what?!? Apparently there's a phantasm stage?!?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
When will this game be released again? I know it's in June, but what day?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
When will this game be released again? I know it's in June, but what day?

27th.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Seems like White Names Spoiled Past has been revealed a little bit in here...

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2014/06/6-e02c.html

oh... 1 more week till the full release of RSS...  :D

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Seems like White Names Spoiled Past has been revealed a little bit in here...

http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2014/06/6-e02c.html

oh... 1 more week till the full release of RSS...  :D

You forgot to say that the cover for RSS is in there, too!

Ooh goodness... that is some hair you have, final boss-san.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:06:37 AM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
...I can't even tell if that's hair, her clothing, or something else. Given the references to Lovecraftian mythos, maybe she's going to be a Deep One or an Elder God based character?

Also yay White Names Spoiled Past. I'm kind of interested in what it'll be about.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

You forgot to say that the cover for RSS is in there, too!

Ooh goodness... that is some hair you have, final boss-san.

Ah yes I forgot to mention that...!

Also... http://i.imgur.com/iW45hep.png

--- The circled part shows what I think probably is the boss' hair... rest are possibly clothings...

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Just checked, apparently White Names Spoiled Past won't be released alongside Riverbed Soul Saver come the 27th. Oh well.
Also just four more days, it's almost here.

Smokey

• Not the cat

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
>Epic stages and music
>9 digit spellcard values
This could be interesting.

I personally love the Stage 4 boss though... should have and feels like a final boss... waiting for them to upload the game link now...!

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
It's already June 27th.

If the download link is already available, please post it here. I've been waiting to play this game.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
The link isn't on the site, they said it'll be up later, with a link to the game's soundtrack also coming as well.
I kind of want to watch the video for stages 4-6 but I'm going to wait to experience them myself for once. ^^;

EDIT: The link is up on the site, I repeat, THE LINK IS UP.

http://www1.axfc.net/u/3266719?key=mrkn_03_rss

DOUBLE EDIT: ...Oh look, the game STILL locks up on me right before Cirno if I have backgrounds turned on. >_>;;
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:51:22 PM by Validon98 »

Got to finish it... have to say the most difficult spell card in the game must be Stage 6 second last card... where you are surrounded by the orbs and have to dodge the lasers linking from one orb to the other...

Difficulty curve... personally I feel it starts at Hard Mode... the difference between Normal and Hard are quite a gap when I played it... and Lunatic being Lunatic of cos...   :D

oh and I saw in the credits Len is the Stage and Level designer for this...  :)

Spoiler:
Stage 6 Boss has tattooes on her legs...! Or maybe some sort of divine signs / markings...?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:13:47 PM by Gradius2002 »

SPOILERS. Cuz I dunno how to do the spoiler cover thingy.

So, just did a first try 1CC on Normal, and I must say that the game was very enjoyable, I bombed a lot as I didn't know all the patterns and gimmicks. I also don't know a lick of Japanese so the story besides the already translated beginning plot is lost to me. I really liked the character designs and wasn't that surprised to see a sword wielder in there. Was the stage 4 Midboss and Stage 5 Boss a guy? I can't...really tell! The final boss was great, sorta bummed that there wasn't a huge lazerfest like in the last two games, but they're changing things up, so I don't mind. Having Len help with the patterns and stuff really improved the quality and difficulty of the game. And Wanwan's music was great as always.

It was awesome! Can't wait for the Extra stage and Futo being a playable character when it comes in the newer updates!

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
No Futo so far? Crap, gonna wait until they add her then, I'm really looking forward to playing as her.
Also, is it just me, or are the stages pretty boring and filled with only basic patterns compared to MPP? Might just be cognitive dissonance though, the bosses at least look somewhat interesting, especially the final boss. Music also feels like a step down from stage 4 onward.

I kinda couldn't wait, hyped myself up too much after hearing that :en joined the crew. I actually noticed a couple patterns from Phantasmagoria Trues in there. I think the issue may be with him joining though. It felt very PT-ish in the later stages to be honest. The music was great, but yeah, it didn't feel as..powerful at the music from MPP Stages 4-6.

I really do hope that the extra stage will make up for it, maybe revise the game a bit more in the update, make it feel less like a Len game, and more like an Ido game. As said earlier in the thread, Ruri will probably be the extra stage midboss, being a Shikigami and all. The 5th stage boss's theme sounded okay. I wish there was a final phase like what Mitama Magahara did, with a music change and all.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Dat stage 6 boss' legs  :*

Well, I enjoyed the game. Failed on my blind normal 1cc tho, but made as far as the final boss' first spell.

Loved the new girls' design too. That Brofister 2.0 is especially cool.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:57:42 PM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
[attach=1]

Cool game with cool songs. I did a blind normal 1CC at my first try too. I lost a lot of lifes confunding bullets with those crystal fragments.

Spoiler:
The fifth boss is a guy?! This is wrong, it should be a little loli with cool gimmicks! At least we have a small girl with wings using a sword.

Dat stage 6 boss' legs  :*

YES YES
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
I kinda couldn't wait, hyped myself up too much after hearing that :en joined the crew. I actually noticed a couple patterns from Phantasmagoria Trues in there. I think the issue may be with him joining though. It felt very PT-ish in the later stages to be honest. The music was great, but yeah, it didn't feel as..powerful at the music from MPP Stages 4-6.

I really do hope that the extra stage will make up for it, maybe revise the game a bit more in the update, make it feel less like a Len game, and more like an Ido game.
Oh, so that's why. And here I was wondering why stage 3 felt more creative than later ones (which were mostly PT-style streaming+randomness spam, only slower). Yeah, I hope that Extra stage will have more beautiful and colorful patterns in the style of older canon games that ido did a great job imitating so far (at least in MPP), than PT mind numbing and too similiar across the game to memorize effectively stream-your-way-through-stage-portions style too.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:28:11 PM by Critz »

Oh, so that's why. And here I was wondering why stage 3 felt more creative than later ones (which were mostly PT-style streaming+randomness spam, only slower). Yeah, I hope that Extra stage will have more beautiful and colorful patterns in the style of older canon games that ido did a great job imitating so far (at least in MPP), than PT mind numbing and too similiar across the game to memorize effectively stream-your-way-through-stage-portions style too.

I just did a perfect easy and Normal, Reimu A and Marisa B respectively, the latter a good deal tougher just because I was being Fairy-Kicked constantly. I wonder what the 6th stage boss's final phase of the final attack would be like if timed out. I can easily beat it with Reimu B or Marisa A before anything else happens, but ran into a wave of fireballs being added before I captured it. 

Ido SHOULD take the lead on extra at least. I love the music Wanwan does for them too, so, I'm super stoked. I know when they add Futo, the second stage Midboss SHOULD be the third Kodama. I wonder how long it'll be before the translation begins for this too. Anyways, I liked it, but it could've been better. It might be better on harder difficulties, so I'll give those a go leave this evening probably. We shoul;d only need a day or two before Jaimers uploads his Lunatic Playthrough. I remember reading something about a phantasm stage, and I'm kinda hoping they add a Ura loop again, that was fun in their last game.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Whee Lunatic 1cc.

This game is seriously fucking awesome and it might even be one of the better fangames out there now. It's leagues and leagues better than TLC and MPP in any case, you can really see Len's influence in the design.
I don't know what all the complaining is about but the stages are designed around scoring which force you to do all kinds of crazy stuff so you shouldn't just tapstream everything or whatever. Also the first three stages were pretty damn bad before Len came around. Then again I don't know what Normal or Hard are like as I never looked at them. But I'm glad the game at least has a somewhat competent scoring system unlike the previous games.

I just noticed that there is hyper rank in the game. I really hope they at least let you set the rank in practice in a future update as stage practice is pretty useless the way it is now.

Spoiler:
lol first we had touhou Jesus and now we have Touhou Cthulhu.

EDIT: But yeah holy crap addictive blend.
Also something feels off about Marisa's hitbox but I can't lay my finger on it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:46:40 PM by Jaimers »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
I hate to be that person, but--hataters gonna hatate about P.Trues.  I remember seeing one enemy that resembled it.  (Blind Normal run)

Anyway...
Spoiler:
Marine Benefit meets Ten Desires with Love Cthulhu as final boss?
  It's an interesting game; engaging stages, a few neat backgrounds at the end of Stage 3 and Stage 6, Wanwan music that honestly starts to kind of sound the same after a while, and a way to make hypers fun while giving you the feeling that you're shredding everything in front of you.  You're highly incented to avoid hyper deathbombs, because on any good hyper you should earn enough bomb fragments to chain up another one UNLESS you burn your whole bomb stock midway.  Also, some of those boss patterns are painfully long without using them.

I'm pretty sure it's not just because I was using MarisA, but this game still seems to suffer from Can't See Shit.  Most of the time when I got hit I couldn't tell why.  Ruri's last spell is the top offender here.

On Normal mode at least, I'm pretty sure that fourth boss survival card is the toughest thing in the game.

EDIT:  I highly approve of the word filter in the first sentence of this post.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
It's leagues and leagues better than TLC and MPP in any case, you can really see Len's influence in the design. I don't know what all the complaining is about but the stages are designed around scoring which force you to do all kinds of crazy stuff so you shouldn't just tapstream everything or whatever.
Right, my bad - I judged purely in subjective terms of pattern diversity, complexity and visual appeal. In terms of scoreplay Len's design might actually be leagues superior as you claim, as I don't even know the details of scoring in his games. (Although I'm kinda sceptical of it when I see the Terminus stage portions literally negated through, which doesn't seem to make for an engaging scoreplay (and TD actually gets called out on it), in addition to stage portion patterns themselves being so bland I want to scroll to boss battles already, which *never* happens with canon/ido games.)

Mind you, that is all about stage portons. I have zero objections to Len's boss designs :3 (maybe other that they're so balls-to-the-wall difficult, but that's not really a complaint).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:05:42 PM by Critz »

Whee Lunatic 1cc.

This game is seriously fucking awesome and it might even be one of the better fangames out there now. It's leagues and leagues better than TLC and MPP in any case, you can really see Len's influence in the design.
I don't know what all the complaining is about but the stages are designed around scoring which force you to do all kinds of crazy stuff so you shouldn't just tapstream everything or whatever. Also the first three stages were pretty damn bad before Len came around. Then again I don't know what Normal or Hard are like as I never looked at them. But I'm glad the game at least has a somewhat competent scoring system unlike the previous games.

Also something feels off about Marisa's hitbox but I can't lay my finger on it.

I was just basing my issues in the same way Critz did. I love the game as a whole. I love going for highscores, and the bosses are fine. I love how creative some of those spells and non-spells get. I found that with stage sections, I noticed similar patterns and sorta bland sections that were repetitive. But that's whatever!  I'm really curious about the story now. How long do you guys and gals think it'll be before the English patch gets made? And what the final boss that specific thing? I could sorta see it, but never really got a feel for it in that perspective. Is the 5th boss a boy or girl for that matter, seemed fairly masculine to me.

And how so is Marisa's hitbox weird? I found that I could graze a lot better with her than Reimu oddly.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:22:36 PM by BlueDigitalDragon »

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
The game crashed after stage 5 midboss, does anyone have this problem? I was playing with Reimu B on Normal.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I had fun doing my usual Normal 1cc earlier, the only thing is is that the game throws SO many resources at you that from a survival standpoint 1ccing it is kind of easy (I didn't even use the hypers because I thought that would overkill some parts of it). Then again I haven't tried Hard in the full version so I shouldn't speak ill of it too soon.

As for story, according to the wiki and what I've seen the final boss
Spoiler:
is based off of Queen Himiko and is in-game her daughter, although with all of the references to Lovecraftian mythos it's hard not to see her as being Touhou Cthulu.