Author Topic: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver (From the makers of TLC and MPP!)  (Read 54848 times)

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Re: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver (From the makers of TLC and MPP!)
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2014, 05:37:19 AM »
Mustn't forget Miko! She'll be there, too. :V

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2014, 10:17:41 AM »
By release you mean the full game released (Save Extra Stage, which seems to be ido's tradition) or just a 3-Stages Demo?

Not too sure yet if WNSP is also a full game with six stages, or just a shoot-'em-up-spinoff like ZUN did with Fairy Wars.
It could be possibly a smaller game with three main stages or so plus an extra.
My Japanese is really broken, so it would be nice if someone could do swift approximate translation on what Ido wrote to this game, or we just wait for it to come out in the next couple of hours.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »
White names spoiled past official Normal Mode video.

Playable version will be released at midnight Japan time.

« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
 I saw two joke characters in this video??

Jaimers

« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2014, 02:28:27 PM »

Please tell me there is a 2nd loop and a TLB.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »
So I played through with Reimu, and uhh... there's more to this I'm sure, but since I can't read Japanese too much, I don't know how to read the dialogue, which seems to be more crucial (especially since it is all readable in the "Logical Practice" screen, which, as its "difficulty," reads "Mystery"). If there is a 2nd loop, I have NO idea how to unlock it.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2014, 05:11:17 PM »

Please tell me there is a 2nd loop and a TLB.

It took a little bit of digging, but if I'm reading the code correctly you should already have unlocked it. It appears to be unlocked for a character on all difficulties by clearing on one difficulty. The final boss does indeed appear to have an extra attack.

Jaimers

« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2014, 06:16:29 PM »
It took a little bit of digging, but if I'm reading the code correctly you should already have unlocked it. It appears to be unlocked for a character on all difficulties by clearing on one difficulty. The final boss does indeed appear to have an extra attack.

Okay yeah 1cc'ing the game unlocks the 2nd loop.
The 2nd loop seems completely unchanged from the 1st loop except for the dialogue and the fact that it has a completely different final boss.

1cc'ing the 2nd loop unlocks the Extra Stage.
However before you can play the stage you apparently have to solve the mystery of the game.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2014, 06:51:35 PM »
Is this version of White names spoiled the full version with the extra mode or they will release a full version later?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2014, 07:15:34 PM »
It is the full version... but to unlock the Extra, you NEED to put together the pieces of the story across all three characters with both laps. Which is essentially impossible for us since we only have the game in Japanese... well then. We really need someone to translate the story as soon as possible, then.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems Extra hasn't been released yet, but it still seems like unlocking it will require solving the mystery.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:18:53 PM by Validon98 »

Jaimers

« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2014, 07:47:42 PM »
So how does scoring work in this? Do you want to keep the counter at 99?

EDIT:
Okay did a quick lunatic shitclear.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:35:13 PM by Jaimers »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2014, 12:05:42 AM »
Trying out White Names Spoiled Past while waiting for my RSS run to upload (finally!).

*The art style is still kind of off-putting.
*Bombing is hilariously overpowered.  Basically, the thought process is
--Can you PoC?
---If yes, why haven't you done so already?
---If no, bomb.  Congratulations!  You can now PoC, and you probably just got most of your bomb back plus a life piece.  This is especially true in Stage 3 when there are six daiyouseis on screen at once.
*Deathbomb time is low relative to other DMF games.
*There are some good danmaku ideas running around this game, though they're mostly confined to the bosses.  The stages seem to prefer to put fast bullets in your face from weird angles.  I really like Minayu (Reimu first loop third boss) in particular.
*I haven't tried the Sanae shots yet but ReimuA is probably going to be the best overall shot type.  About the only way you're not doing good damage is if you're focused and off to the side of your target while not on the bottom of the screen.
*Difficulty via fast bullets is a thing.  A very substantial thing.
*Oh hey there are Overdrive Spell Cards in Spell Practice.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:33:08 AM by ?q »

« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2014, 05:43:54 AM »
Kinda cool that they included some of NRT's characters in this (love the shadow effects on Sasha!) and some of the attacks are really cool, but the art style on some of those characters is just odd and the music just isn't doing it for me. Maybe I'll gain a little more appreciation for WNSP when there's a translation available, but for now, I'm way more excited for the RSS update!

« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2014, 11:33:14 AM »
 親須ミルカ @OyasuMilka  ?  42 分鐘

ドーモ、あまり遅くならないうちに申し上げます。桃源宮EXは本日中にはまだ無理そうです、明日なるべく深夜帯にならないうちに動画・パッケージとも公開したいと思います。もともと公開予定日は今日か明日という表記だったのでどこもおかしくありませんね(震え声)

Wait until tomorrow

<Jana> Adding this translation provided by N-Forza

N-Forza: I don't have full context so this might be a little off, but:
Hello, I just wanted to say this before it got too late. The EX version likely won't be out today, but the video and package will be released before late-night tomorrow. I originally said that the release would be today or tomorrow anyway so no problems there I hope...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:55:53 AM by Jana »

Jaimers

« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »
So I did some experimenting where I did stage 1 keeping the counter at 99 and one where I bombed every time before reaching it.
And uhh I actually ended up with more score doing the bomb route.  :fail:

So I guess there is no score bonus for not bombing, which strikes me as kind of odd as the game kind of punishes you for not bombing everything.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2014, 07:08:26 PM »
...and... Riverbed Soul Saver Lunatic 1cc ~ No Deaths, No Hypers

I guess I'm more or less in time for the next game!

« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2014, 01:58:13 AM »
Yeah!!! So the Mastermnd was Mumumu! It all makes sense now!

(Extra video is up)
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2014, 02:54:51 AM »
...So wait, was that meant to be
Spoiler:
Yamata no Orochi
? I guess it makes a bit of sense since of
Spoiler:
the Kusanagi
, but uh... well then.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2014, 03:56:20 AM »
Might want to look up a few posts; something in the queue came up that's of relevance to you guys, I assume.

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2014, 04:43:32 AM »
So I did some experimenting where I did stage 1 keeping the counter at 99 and one where I bombed every time before reaching it.

when you have 3 bombs in stock , the counter will stop at 99 at most . so you will lose  some life pieces. 

?最大得点? will only increase when you graze and get the counter to 100 .

btw, when you have 0 bombs you get 2 bomb pieces for 1 star item.

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2014, 05:16:11 AM »
Hmmm, I was hoping the EX boss would have a more Lovecraftian vibe. Then again, the end of that video was interesting... It looks like the EX boss was drinking with a demonic looking character that we haven't seen before. I wonder what that could mean?

Jaimers

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2014, 11:49:50 AM »
After playing around a little with shot types, I think this is how they stack up against each other.  Any crackpot information is my fault only.

Highest
SanaeB focused
ReimuA focused, point-blank
SanaeA focused
ReimuB focused
ReimuB unfocused
MarisaA focused, MarisaB focused
SanaeA unfocused
MarisaB unfocused
ReimuA unfocused
SanaeB unfocused, ReimuA focused, MarisaA unfocused
Lowest

ReimuA (unfocused: homing amulets, focused: actual shotgun) does some of the game's best damage at point-blank range, but it's tough to get both shots to hit moving targets.  The non-shotgun wave effect has full-screen range horizontally, but does minimum damage (though the minimum in this game isn't all that bad).  The unfocused shot is actually stronger than the focused shot when not at point-blank range, though it's a significant step down.  The homing here is the best in the game.

ReimuB (unfocused: homing lasers, focused: persuasion needles) is on the highest damage tier, both focused and unfocused.  Its major problem is a lack of range.  The unfocused homing is a bit odd but it does just fine with one target. 

MarisaA (unfocused: fire bombs, focused: language helix) seems like the worst shot type in the game.  Master Spark is very likely the worst bomb in the game for almost all occasions, and the damage output from both of the shots in this type is mediocre at best.  The splash damage from the unfocused shot is great but not enough of the shots hit at once for it to be a good idea.

MarisaB (unfocused: echoing shots, focused: laser triangle) doesn't do anything that every other shot type bar MarisaA does better.  The lack of range on the focused shot really kills it.

SanaeA (unfocused: snake shot, focused: water streams) does surprisingly decent damage unfocused (though you wouldn't actively want to use it against bosses) and slightly above-average damage focused.  Both shots have better range than ReimuB.

SanaeB (unfocused: leaf blow, focused: green gusts) does damage comparable with ReimuA shotgun but has much better range, making it the strongest shot type in the game IMO.  The unfocused shot is better left unmentioned.

Basically, don't use Marisa except to get the unique spell at the end of Lap 2.  Pick your favorite from the rest.  I think I overrated ReimuA on my first go-round.

« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »
Poor Marisa....

since The Last Comer. to WNSP , Marisa seems always to be the weakest .

« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »

WNSP players' shot damage

Unfocused  Focused
RA      150          180(before it spreads)/120(far)
RB       146           168
MA  120 160
MB  120  160
SA   120~140     140(far)/162(close)
SB   130    158

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:22:52 PM by rsy_type1 »

Unroyal Paladin

• A paladin, although not yet approved to be royal.
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2014, 02:41:47 PM »
I finally beat the Extra stage of RSS myself, 4th try... that's the first time I'm clearing any extra stage that quick.

So, anyone got surprised by the final spell card? I sure did get surprised .....
Spoiler:
by the THREE FREAKING LIFE BARS which were there for some reason, they could just get 1 lifebar with limiters, like Raiko did with her final spell ... and Raiko's was divided into 5, this is only 3, and they got the multiple lifebars.

My reaction:
Spoiler:
" Y-Yes I know you're THERE, no need to get the boss circled just so I know exactly where the boss is- oh wait those are HEALTHBARS?!?!"

Another surprise was the
Spoiler:
Spell Circle Fairies
... I didn't expect that to be a thing, ZUN never did that (not that I remember) , except during
Spoiler:
EoSD stage 4 where a part of the stage had a fairy or two with high HP , clearing the screen when they're defeated.

You know a game is easy (or a gameplay mechanic is overpowered :V ) when a normal shooter like me clears the extra stage in just 4 tries (The first 3 were with Marisa C (Wave Marisa) , got screwed because of the Liberation mode of that shot-type... but still managed to get to the survival spell by the 3rd try) .

That El Shaddai referrence from Mumumu made me laugh.

... So wait a second, WNSP is kinda like Fairy Wars then? (Having 3 stages and each are harder than average I mean)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:46:58 PM by Unroyal Paladin »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »
I somehow cleared the Extra on my first try, although I did watch the video so I knew somewhat what to expect... kinda. Reimu A's kinda ridiculous, especially her Liberation.
And... in terms of WNSP, I thought of it a bit more like Fairies of Sorcery than Great Fairy Wars, but either way, the game's... not too hard either, and I've already 1cced it on Hard (with Reimu A). I still want to 1cc both laps on Hard with Marisa and Sanae, though. ^^;

« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2014, 03:19:59 PM »
EX boss

warrior 

talent : fury

equip : Sageras's Curse Horizon

weapon : The Stoppable Force

yeah  :3

Unroyal Paladin

• A paladin, although not yet approved to be royal.
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2014, 05:50:05 PM »
Ummm I have a bit of a problem: When I go to spell practice stage 6 spellcard 2, when I go to Normal the game suddenly closes. It doesn't say that it crashed or anything, but it suddenly closes. I don't have the problem on 1.02b, don't know what happened besides me transferring my save data over. Does anyone else have this problem?