Author Topic: Is there a translation for Danmakufu 0.12m's config.exe file?  (Read 2417 times)

Is there a translation for Danmakufu 0.12m's config.exe file?
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:42:53 PM »
Specifically for the white checklist under the Device tab and the options under the Option tab? The Last Comer tends to lag quite a bit during intense sequences (which is odd since I can run Left 4 Dead 2 and Touhou Sky Arena with minimal issues, but that's another topic) and I wanted to know what each of those options did to see if I could squeeze some more performance out of the game without having to sacrifice the backgrounds with the SuperFlat mode.

Also, sorry if this is not the proper place for this thread - I assume this is the most proper place because this is about a game (so no TARC), but not my own (so no RaNGE) and it's not about a bug (so no Tech Support subforum)

Drake

Re: Is there a translation for Danmakufu 0.12m's config.exe file?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »
- Force timer to wait
- Force 16-bit textures
- Don't use triple buffering
- Turn depth test off
- Turn on reference rasterizer mode
- Don't use fog
- Don't use vertex buffer
- Draw screen perimeter every frame

The other two are about skipping player selection (script select+skip skips it) and what to do when a #Player header is missing, respectively.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Re: Is there a translation for Danmakufu 0.12m's config.exe file?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:28:43 AM »
- Force timer to wait
- Force 16-bit textures
- Don't use triple buffering
- Turn depth test off
- Turn on reference rasterizer mode
- Don't use fog
- Don't use vertex buffer
- Draw screen perimeter every frame

The other two are about skipping player selection (script select+skip skips it) and what to do when a #Player header is missing, respectively.

Mm, I see nothing useful outside of fog-switch (and the force 16-bit textures thing, but it doesn't seem to make a difference for me). Still, disabling the fog made the game a lot more playable, so thanks anyway.

As an aside, I think this info should be added to the wiki.