Author Topic: Touhou Gameplay Help Thread #7 - Not just for spell card help after all  (Read 199564 times)

Re: Touhou Gameplay Help Thread #7 - Not just for spell card help after all
« Reply #810 on: August 15, 2017, 12:55:10 AM »
Wait, are you saying you do less damage if you have more than one option firing? I'm kind of confused...

If I have that backwards and you're supposed to only have 1 weaker option firing at a time... that's kind of weird. If that's how it is, do more options do anything for you, aside from better releases?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #811 on: August 15, 2017, 02:01:32 PM »
I mean you do less damage with only that one laser compared to when multiple lasers are firing. However, a higher season gauge does still increase the amount of damage that one laser does as well, as you'd expect. The only wonky thing about Winter subs is them firing multiple lasers when you get a new sub, which goes away whenever you stop shooting (this is also forced whenever dialogue appears).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #812 on: August 15, 2017, 05:13:32 PM »
Oooh, okay. So additional options increase your one laser's damage slightly. Then there's a bug that causes multiple lasers to fire. Thank you.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #813 on: September 04, 2017, 10:20:58 PM »
Is there a reliable way to do Dupion Barrier? I keep getting cheap-shotted by yellow balls spawning on my hitbox.

« Reply #814 on: September 04, 2017, 11:05:49 PM »
Is there a reliable way to do Dupion Barrier? I keep getting cheap-shotted by yellow balls spawning on my hitbox.
Yes - just hug Okina's head (there's enough space there to not be hit by the green bullets), and make small movements to dodge the incoming balls.

« Reply #815 on: September 07, 2017, 06:08:26 AM »
I've been trying out TH 16 and there's an attack phase, without fail where I will always need to bomb/release.

Satono's signature attack phase. The amulets curve at an angle that seem virtually impossible to dodge before the purple balls even come out. Advice is greatly appreciated because it's seriously pissing me off.

« Reply #816 on: September 17, 2017, 06:33:45 AM »
Being at the very bottom of the screen should help you avoid the yellow shots. Release when the green bullets are coming at your way.
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #817 on: September 19, 2017, 03:49:33 AM »
Been playing LoLK recently.

How do you get past Clownpiece's Red Rings of Death? After dealing with her first non, first card, second non, and second card for at least 200 tries, I'm mentally fried as to what to do for RRoD.

EDIT: I've managed to get through that AND the rest of Clownpiece's spells. Now to finish the game...

EDIT #2: Does anyone have an Extra-unlocked scorefile for HSiFS on all types? I haven't found one anywhere.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:55:28 AM by Failure McFailFace »
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear