Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2  (Read 199231 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFlying Fantastica just killed me as Hiziri was exploding.

THIS HAPPENS TOO MUCH WHAT THE HELL
Let's fight.

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »
Murasa's second spellcard keeps killing me because the bullets move at different angles and I inevitably clipdeath. Ichirin's last spellcard keeps killing me too, because I always run into lasers while trying to avoid the fists. On a brighter note, thanks to u?'s advice on Murasa's last card, I just got my first capture of it. Hopefully, I can do it again.

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2009, 10:23:34 PM »
I just lost 3 lives to Danmaku Chimera. (Nue's fifth card)

That is one of the most horrendously scary cards I've ever seen and I have no idea how I'm going to get past it. I'm trying to make this the first extra I've beaten without watching a single video of it, but I can see this being a wall.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2009, 10:40:29 PM »
I just lost 3 lives to Danmaku Chimera. (Nue's fifth card)

That is one of the most horrendously scary cards I've ever seen and I have no idea how I'm going to get past it. I'm trying to make this the first extra I've beaten without watching a single video of it, but I can see this being a wall.

It's scary, but definitely doable. The small bullets are dodgeable with very small movements and just making sure you don't try and cross two waves at the same time. The fast laser bit is what often kills me, but I find they usually are aimed almost directly in the middle of the screen, so avoiding that area seems to help.

This was my first extra I beat without watching a vid too. :) Keep at it! (and prepare to rage pretty hard at the 7th and 10th cards)

And on topic Jesus Christ UFO Hard is even harder than SA Hard, I think. Currently being raped by Shou and Stage 5 in general. @_@
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:42:29 PM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2009, 11:13:35 PM »
Say, is it just me or is Stage 4 harder than Stage 5 random mobs.

Stage 4 got too much of that "Can't see shit, Captain.", it relies on timed UFOs so you can avoid the bullshit.

On the other hand Stage 5's random mobs are relatively easy, got through the stage on the first go.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2009, 12:00:58 AM »
I give up...
GIVE ME THAT .DAT FILE WITH EXTRA UNLOCKED ! :V
(Syou is the worst stage 5 boss ever, and it is also the worst touhou character ever made...seriously)
Orin is much worse than Syou...
Yeah but Orin fight have something better than Syou's...so Syou is just getting ANNOYING
Dare I ask what?

Also, Danmaku Chimera is amazing.  Clipdeath-tastic, but a great concept.

@clear +      :  Which difficulty?  They both have so much rain that you need windshield wipers on any difficulty over Easy, but Stage 5 has more enemies trying to run into you and drop bullets on you whereas in Stage 4 the bullets intermingle more casually with the point items.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:04:55 AM by u? »

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2009, 12:04:01 AM »
lolwat.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »
lolwat.
Both have one card that needs to vanish from the face of Gensokyo (Zombie Fairy, green bars).
Spleen Eater and the yellow compartment card are both novelty trap cards.
I don't have a major problem with Shou's other two cards, as Shou's movement patterns are static and the bullets coming from the lasers move in predictable patterns.  You can compare GOAST WEELS to one of those, but Rekindling is like Zombie Fairy again.
Syou's nonspells are more or less easier than Orin's if you don't trivialize Orin's nonspells, and better designed if you do.

tl;dr abstract stuff that no one reads and may not make sense; I'm right mostly because I said so

Or are you talking about my avatar?  Nothing says creepy like a yukkuri face.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2009, 01:21:30 AM »
MIMIKKU89 GOT SUSPENDED FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---------

(it's Touhou and it's rage)

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2009, 01:23:26 AM »
D: I liked the songs on that channel. :<

I guess to be more on topic on that run I captured Byakuren's fourth non-spell on hard, I failed Devil's Recitation as it ended. That was pretty rage-worthy I guess.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2009, 02:37:29 AM »
I simply can't beat UFO on normal =(

4th and 5th stages are too hard for me =P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2009, 01:23:33 PM »
Legendary Flying Saucer is... difficult. @_@
And Hard mode Shou is still HJADGAKGJHFASASHJDKHASD
Let's fight.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2009, 02:33:58 PM »
UFO Stage 4 to 6
I can have as many lives as I want, Stage 4 and 5 eat most of them. Murasa's survival card is FUCK, because I have no strategy.
Worst example: Entered Stage 6 Normal with SIX LIVES and didn't even got to her final spell card.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
And the funny thing: I have no real problem with Stages 5's "camouflage" bullets as well as with Syou's third spell card.

And Orin IS a lot worse than Syou. Syou's cards are way more fun and don't include FUCKING ZOMBIE FAIRIES SHOOTING BULLETS IF YOU SHOOT THEM, JUST TO RESURRECT SOON AFTER.
Orin as character is nice for me, though.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
And Orin IS a lot worse than Syou. Syou's cards are way more fun and don't include FUCKING ZOMBIE FAIRIES SHOOTING BULLETS IF YOU SHOOT THEM, JUST TO RESURRECT SOON AFTER.

Sure, Orin has the fairies, but I prefer to dodge faries that are slow and just follow you around to crazy-ass curving lasers that are near impossible to predict. Plus, I think Orin's non-cards are less difficult. On top of that, Orin has an easy card, Spleen Eater; Shou has no easy cards. ;_;

I'd agree with Shou being more fun, though.
Let's fight.

SAS

• The Worst Person In the World
  • I have a deathwish
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »
I accidentally pushed "Give up and retry" instead of "save as replay".
RAAAAGEEEEE.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2009, 03:50:12 PM »
Tried again to 1cc Normal.
But this game, the game fooled me by letting me capture Byakuren's first and fourth spell card for the first time (second one is unbelievably easy, even with my craptastic skills). So I thought that THIS would be the run that let me unlock Extra.
And then her second-to-last card.
I HATE IT.
SanaeB's Nuke Bomb is useless because she's moving around way too much and way too fast.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2009, 05:31:36 PM »
SanaeB's Nuke Bomb is useless because she's moving around way too much and way too fast.
Byakuren's penultimate card is static.  Learn where she moves (or more importantly, where she stays still) and hang out under those locations.

Also, I keep bombing/dying at the last possible moment of her Shinki Remix card.  It really isn't that hard... except for the kinda aimed bullets coming from the sides...

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2009, 06:15:03 PM »
30+ continues on UFO Stage 5 hard, and I still can't get past it. I ragequitted afterwords. =V

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »
Okay, so Nue's seventh card pretty much approaches Shou's third for Worst In The Game.  Actually, the whole Nue fight is kind of underwhelming outside the Danmaku Chimera effect.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:57:22 PM by DgBarca »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2009, 10:49:21 PM »
I CAN'T SPELLCARD IN IAMP
I CAN'T BEAT FIRST SIGN: STARDUST REVERIE

I FUCKING SUUUUUCK D:

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2009, 11:00:50 PM »
Well, I just tried to get a Normal 1cc of UFO with MarisA, and I went from max lives at the start of Stage 5 to getting a game over on Hiziri's fourth non-card, somehow. Dammit.
Let's fight.

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2009, 12:33:12 AM »
Byakuren's Star Maelstrom.

Curving lasers SUCK.

don't color your posts especially with MY COLOR

it's not so much you colored them as you stole the essence of MY COLOR

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:04:33 AM by lgb »

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2009, 03:57:58 AM »
I can't even get to Nue. D:

GreenJR

• The richest man in the world!
  • Lets play Roshambo!
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2009, 04:04:14 AM »
Ugh, failed to 1cc normal on SA again.

I can't see why I'm so bad at this game, I always play hard/lunatic on the others.
Orin just doesn't like me, and I hate her undead fairies! >:(
From a game that laughs at your loss and misery.

nintendonut888

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2009, 04:50:00 AM »
GOD I HATE NUE. Everything about this fight just...bugs me. It's not as horrible and boring as Koishi's fight, but it's a different kind of enraging. The kind of enraging where the stage ISN'T trivial to get through without dying, and you can be doing fine through most of the fight and then get clip deathed three times in quick succession because FREAKING CURVY LASERS give you no room to maneuver. Also, it feels insulting how I die to Kogasa's first spell card every time, when it doesn't look hard at all.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2009, 05:02:37 AM »
MIMIKKU89 GOT SUSPENDED FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---------

let me guess, niconico
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2009, 05:18:43 AM »

let me guess, niconico

Youtube actually. The shadow of the almighty banhammer has been hanging over several people there ever since StateofUnrest was suspended some time ago. Both users uploaded videos of music arranges from, you guessed it, the Touhou series. I've seen uploaders prepare their gravestones already. (Or alternate accounts, etc.)
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2009, 05:20:41 AM »
not what I meant, of course it's YouTube

what I'm saying is that niconico likes to get YouTube to take down videos that were stolen from there

"music arranges" has nothing to do with it because then ZUN would be taking down Touhou gameplay vids left and right
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

nintendonut888

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2009, 05:23:01 AM »
That's just silly, because some people like to be able to find this music on Youtube, and not everyone has Nicovideo accounts, or have the patience to follow a registration translation.