Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2  (Read 199196 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:01:55 PM »
Now with 20% more RAGE.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=40.0

Link to the last thread.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »
Starting off, I can't do EoSD S6 Lunatic.

...you beat me to it  ;_;
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:05:42 PM »
Bending lasers. That's all.
Also, Hiziri's fourth non-spell.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:33:20 PM by Hizengar Byakuren »

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 11:46:19 PM »
UFO doesn't even work on this computer. There is nothing more RAGETASTIC than not even getting to try a game as everyone is talking about it :(

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 11:58:47 PM »
I was going to post about UFO but I actually enjoyed it, even though the Stage 6 boss just smashed me three times in a row.

Stage 4's last card got me good. Wasn't expecting it AT ALL, but recovered and lasted until 2 seconds, whereupon I blundered and died.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 12:10:57 AM »
Okay, now I tried UFO on hard, gameover'd on the stage 5 post-midboss spam.

Stage 5 completely rapes my eyes.  Red bullets on top of red bullets on top of red/blue items on top of red/blue background = bleeding eyes, and it doesn't help that the patterns themselves are annoyingly random.  I am honestly afraid of what it (and stage 6) must look like on lunatic.  At least stage 4 is lots of fun. 

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 12:16:02 AM »
In the midst of these UFO RAGE moments, I'll be posting nonsense  ;_;

I keep clipping "FDA"SA S3 SC4. It's easy (enough), but then try it with Marisa  :V
<>

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 12:21:17 AM »
You mean Knockout in Three Steps?

Err, yeah, Marisa makes it harder.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 12:24:51 AM »
UFO Stage 5 is a mind and eye rape. Syou's giant lasers of doom are awful.

But it's okay because it's still fun as heck and Syou's theme is amazingness. The giant anchor boomerangs in the previous stage were epic too. Captain Murasa's final survival card really caught me off-guard, and I'm still not very used to it.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 12:40:05 AM »
You mean Knockout in Three Steps?

Err, yeah, Marisa makes it harder.
Same thing really. It's just more convenient for me to go FDA+subscript instead of KOI3S (or something, or even typing it out). Especially where the difficulty changes the spell card name.

In other news (because I can't be bothered making a post in the Accomplishments; and the game crashed every time I tried to save the replays) Perfect SA Stages 1, 2 and 3. With Marisa.

...is this possible in the full version?

Screenshot of my replay from the Trial  :V

EDIT: Damn, that looks awesome as a thumbnail.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:56:10 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 01:09:53 AM »
FFFFFFFFFF

My first Normal 1cc attempt of UFO ended with me dying on the final spell card. I didn't even see the bullet I hit, and I had a bomb left. @_@ Ah well.

On a less rage-ish note, first impressions of UFO are pretty kickass. A new Touhou game makes for a pretty sweet homecoming. ;D

EDIT: Just tried again, this time with Sanae B instead of Reimu A. Failed at the exact same place. Damn, that card is a lot harder than it looks... unsurprising I guess, since it's the last spell card and all, but still. Looks like it'd be hellish on a higher difficulty.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:46:36 AM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 02:40:29 AM »
Died JUST before the boss died on Syou's last spellcard, just because she blows up slower than Marisa, and I already got owned by Stage 5 10 times...

FFFFFFFFFFFF

And you know what the sad part is?

Spoiler:
This is Easy.

Spoiler:
And the game already lags.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 02:46:58 AM »
Okay what the Christ what the actual shit

I decided to have another attempt at a Normal 1cc with Reimu A, and I was doing really well, collecting tons of red UFOs, and I reached Ichirin without dying, half a life away from max lives, and then my computer decides it wants to install some updates and restarts with no warning. I guess it was only stage 3, but still... ARGH.

I give up for today, my Touhou skills deteriorate quite badly after three in the morning. <_<
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 02:54:51 AM »
...I just died to Mima with bombs in stock thrice. I also died to Marisa with bombs in stock twice.
<>

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 03:00:56 AM »
I have had two nearly 1cc Normal runs at which I have been at max lives upon reaching Murasa.  And can clear Murasa with only a bomb (Hate the last couple seconds of that last attack).

Both runs got wasted by Syou and especially Himizi's last spell IT'S NOT EVEN THAT HARD ARGH.

Also, Syou's rotating laser card.  That is some serious bull right there.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 03:08:23 AM »
Still haven't beaten UFO easy =(

Got to stage 5 with max lives. twice :(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 04:27:52 AM »
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ANIMATED BULLETS IN UFO?? IT'S FINE ON NORMAL, BUT ONCE YOU MOVE UP TO HARD, THE ANIMATED CLUSTERFUCK JUST PREVENTS YOU FROM EVEN GETTING THROUGH STAGE 6! THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PERFECT GAME IF THOSE BULLETS WEREN'T ANIMATED!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 05:37:47 AM »
Died on the final spellcard on Normal FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-----

I'll unlock Extra tomorrow, damnit.

Also, perfect sightread of Stage 4 riiiiiight up until
Spoiler:
the survival card.  ZUN...you absolute BASTARD, didn't we have WORDS about this the LAST TIME YOU PULLED CRAP LIKE A STAGE 4 SURVIVAL CARD?  WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER PEERLESS BS GOD, AND WE SURE AS HELL DON'T NEED ANOTHER PRINCESS TENKO.

DAMNIT.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 06:09:20 AM »
My god I can't capture any of Murasa's cards. I find her harder than Shou. >_>;

EDIT: I just DIED at Shou while she was dying. That sucked.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:47:25 AM by Kanako Yasaka »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 06:48:36 AM »
And now for something completely different:

A small part of the background melody of the extra stage sounds awfully similar to the ring tone of the phone in our household. Cue me pausing the game every try to look for the phone only to find nothing...

::)
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 06:51:46 AM »
EDIT: I just DIED at Shou while she was dying. That sucked.

If you read my post above, you know how I feel...

*Sigh* Still can't pass Stage 5, I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 07:25:09 AM »
The UFOs in UFO.

Basically, I have three things to rage about:

1: When I try to collect one, a bullet happens to fly into my face at high-speed
2: JUST before I collect one, it decides to change colors and I have to go and collect 3 more.
3: When I'm just trying to dodge danmaku, a UFO heads into my way, and it's usually the wrong color of UFO.

Oh, and I have a passonate hate for
Spoiler:
Syou + her curvy bullets

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »
@theshim: 
Spoiler:
The biggest threat for Murasa's survival card is that it draws your overreaction.  Since ZOMBIE CAP'N won't appear directly on top of you if you're close to one of the screen's borders AFAIK, you don't have to worry about that as much.  Try only moving small distances with each teleport, just enough to dodge the current bullets.  They'll get too dense after a while so you'll have to relocate, but the point is you don't have to run for the hills every time she gets close to you.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »
Spoiler:
AND WE SURE AS HELL DON'T NEED ANOTHER PRINCESS TENKO.

...wait, what's wrong with Princess Tenko?

Also: Everybody's talking about UFO now, and I feel so behind the times! (dirty pirates... >.>)

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »
UFO stage 5.  UFO stage 5 makes me rage.  In lots of ways.  I'll have to swallow my dignity and watch Krim's replay, because I can't take that shit anymore.  Also, I think I was wrong; stage 4 isn't easier than stage 3.  It just looks that way initially because there are less gimmick/streaming bits.

Speaking of stage 4, what the FUCK is up with Murasa's nonspells?  The first one is doable, but the second two are absolutely ridiculous, like Alice's second midboss attack moving at Eternal-Meek speed or something.  Seriously.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
Speaking of stage 4, what the FUCK is up with Murasa's nonspells?  The first one is doable, but the second two are absolutely ridiculous, like Alice's second midboss attack moving at Eternal-Meek speed or something.  Seriously.

really? i usually die/bomb on her first, the last 2 are pretty easy for me.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 06:02:42 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHAFHSKSHAK

SO CLOSE GODDAMNIT I THOUGHT I HAD IT ARGH
Let's fight.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »
Utshuo crashes 12.3 for me even though I have the patch installed.

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »

really? i usually die/bomb on her first, the last 2 are pretty easy for me.

Huh? The second and third are the same as the first, but with gradually more bullets. There's no way they could be easier than the first. And I agree with the rage about it. The droplet bullets seem to have annoyingly large hitboxes (relative to the graphic), too. I think the waves themselves are static though, so maybe it's possible to memorize some sort of pattern, but it's just way too fucking fast and dense.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »
I actually have more issues with the stage than with Captain Murasa. The stage is hell from the beginning, something about completely random sparse bullet just makes me ram into things constantly.

Also, I hate Captain Murasa's survival card. Even though I've started getting used to it I still usually end up using a bomb or two on it. I don't actually have any issues with any of her nonspells though, they're actually pretty easy for me. Maybe it's all the practice I did on EoSD that's made me pretty good at random dodging.

And just like everyone else I'll say that I hate, hate, hate Stage 5 with a passion. I always fail miserably on Stage 5. Damn you and your giant laser traps of doom Shou.