Author Topic: Various questions about forum usage  (Read 3526 times)

TS666

Various questions about forum usage
« on: March 11, 2014, 01:32:44 AM »
Hello and recently I registered in this site, but I have a lot of problems standing certain mechanics and forums, okay I'll start to ask:

• How do I change avatars and other things of my profile?
  • Can someone explain me exactly about the sections at the main mage? (Just for always ask or contribute in the correct section, I stand almost nothing and I need to solve some doubts about editing TH games).
  • How works the ranks system? (points/messages?), if I up to a higher rank I'll have new features (signature, etc.)?

I managed to find where I can ask these questions and I think this is the place, if I'm wrong move the theme. From now thanks and I'll wait the answer.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Various questions about forum usage
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 09:06:40 AM »
1. As stated here, you will need to make a minimum of 10 posts before you can edit some features of your profile.
2. Each section has a short description stating what kind of posts should go in them. For editing Touhou games, depending on what you want to do, you will most likely want either Tech Support or Touhou Projects.
3. There is no strict ranking system. There is the Idiot Hierarchy, which exists purely for amusement, and various other groups with certain conditions for entry. Membership of such groups will not give you access to additional features of the forums.

TS666

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 12:45:05 PM »
I see, I'll give it a try and thank you!.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »
3. There is no strict ranking system. There is the Idiot Hierarchy, which exists purely for amusement, and various other groups with certain conditions for entry. Membership of such groups will not give you access to additional features of the forums.
I think some of these groups do give access to additional features... the birthday group does for that day, right? (And moderator titles like Acolyte are also technically groups as far as I know.) It's definitely not a ranking system though.

Anyway, I think TS666's original question was referring to the Tourist->Neophyte->normal member, which is basically covered by that less-than-10-posts thread. (Tourist = 0-2 posts, Neophyte = 3-9 posts)

TS666

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »
Yes, I was asking for the rank system that I didn't understand, but now I do. As I said I'll try to level up here so I can solve some doubts and contribute quicker. Thanks again for the help!.