Author Topic: 3Danmaku Online - An Online 1vs1 Danmaku shooter  (Read 4044 times)

3Danmaku Online - An Online 1vs1 Danmaku shooter
« on: February 25, 2014, 08:46:07 AM »
So, I always thought it could be pretty cool if I could play a Danmaku game against another player in a more "Directly 1v1" way than the Phantasmagoria games. So I made this.

Features:
  • 1v1 Online Multiplayer
  • 3 custom patterns
  • Spellcards, more complex patterns that make you invincible for the duration of the attack
  • planned:  Online rankings
  • planned:  Character Editor
  • planned:  Random terrain generation (mountains to hide behind!)
And more!

I'm currently working on the login servers and I will release a closed alpha when I'm done, you can post on this thread if you want it.

I will need help modeling as this demo only uses Unity3D's default shapes, so if anyone wants to help me with this, feel free to post on this thread!

Video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEgC4-s2k5w

Monkeypro257

Re: 3Danmaku Online - An Online 1vs1 Danmaku shooter
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:49:34 AM »
This looks interesting, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. :) Um, how do the hit-boxes and grazing work? (If there is going to be grazing)

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:34:37 AM »
This looks interesting, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. :) Um, how do the hit-boxes and grazing work? (If there is going to be grazing)

Your hitbox is basically the camera. There will most likely be grazing to refill your HP bar, and it will simply work with enemy bullets that are *very* close.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »
I agree that this project looks interesting. I hope this project turns out great! Although it looks really hectic during the  battles, so you might want to make it easier to tell where your opponent is.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 01:09:21 AM »
Looks really cool!
Are individual characters going to have certain bullets and have a generic bullet so you could makes your own patterns? Because I'd like to see that. (Marisa and Lasers/Stars , Reimu with Amulets, etc.)

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
Sorry for the late answer, I now have a playable demo ready! You can get it on my website at http://winepicgaming.de. Make an account, download the game and play! ;)
Tell me if you find any bugs as this is still a very early development version. I'm releasing it as the basic gameplay is there, and it can help me get feedback to improve the game!

Are individual characters going to have certain bullets and have a generic bullet so you could makes your own patterns? Because I'd like to see that. (Marisa and Lasers/Stars , Reimu with Amulets, etc.)

Yes, I will try to make something like that. Once I have character models, I'm going to replace spellcard selection with character selection and give everyone specific bullets.
(Master spark will have to look cool tho)

It looks really hectic during the  battles, so you might want to make it easier to tell where your opponent is.

Part of the game is being able to hide behind walls of danmaku and attack your opponent from where they least expect it, so making your opponent easier to see isn't exactly my main goal. However, I'm probably going to make a marker that shows up over the opponent if he is visible so you can distinguish him from bullets. ;)

Stay tuned for Oculus Rift support!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »
Is this program made in such a way that it can be ported to other operating systems?

Also, I haven't played it, but making spirals/rings/waves seems... pretty difficult in this game.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 02:08:39 PM »
Is this program made in such a way that it can be ported to other operating systems?
It uses Unity3D, so I can port it to other OSes with 1 click, but my updater only works on windows. I might make a Mac and a Linux updater someday, but it's not a priority.