Author Topic: IN Last Spellcard?  (Read 4573 times)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IN Last Spellcard?
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
As I play IN more I somtimes see bosses use a "Last" Spell card where losing a life has no affect of you total (Or so I think) I've only seen it happen on Erin and Mystia (At least I think it was Mystia) though. Would anyone mind explaining this to me?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: IN Last Spellcard?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:43:34 AM »
For Normal and above, if you clear the stage with sufficient time points, you get to go against a "Last Spell". This is basically an optional Spell Card.

Also, Kaguya and Eirin by default, unless you can somehow get <10 time points (orbs, whatever).
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:49:35 AM »
Oh so thats what time is for... Does it do anything Else?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:52:23 AM »
Oh so thats what time is for... Does it do anything Else?
It works as an indicator that you got the required time points for the stage.  Also, some of them are requirements to unlock some Last Words.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 12:54:28 AM »
So I need to get time to do the optional spell cards and to unlock whatever those last words are.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 12:57:31 AM »
So I need to get time to do the optional spell cards and to unlock whatever those last words are.
To unlock SOME of the LW.
(Like Reimu's that's unlocked by capturing with Marisa all the Normal spellcards, including the Normal Last Spells. Or it's Marisa's?)

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 12:59:43 AM »

Yes and no. Having your time exceed the denominator will allow you to reach the last spell of the boss, but it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with unlocking Last Words (although, some Last Words require Last Spell captures).

Last Word requirements: http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Imperishable_Night:_Last_Word_Spell_Cards

Strategy for Collecting Time: http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Imperishable_Night:_Strategy#Time_Points

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 01:03:43 AM »
Time points also make time advance only 30 minutes instead of an hour if you got enough of them. This affects how many continues you have (irrelevant for a 1cc) and more importantly how much leeway you have for mistakes to get through all five of Kaguya's last spells. Also they're important for score, but who cares about score? :V
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 01:11:37 AM »
Ok so Last words are just more spell cards for practice mode. And getting more time means Slightly easier Final Boss.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 01:23:24 AM »
Not easier. See, Kaguya's last spells are worth 33 million points each, not even counting the very lucrative grazewhoring opportunities each provides. By the time you reach her last spells, you've already beaten the game. You just get a slightly more bittersweet victory if you don't reach the fifth last spell and get the satisfaction of watching her asplode in slow motion.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet