Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1283 times)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
World of Tanks
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:22:11 AM »
I now wonder if I should create another account in the eurozone, does anybody else here play this game?

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:49:50 PM »
I play but I'm in Asia region :/
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:50:23 PM »
I'm in the Europe servers... but I haven't played in a while. (Blame wedding stuff, and stressing out over everything else.)

Once things have calmed down, I'll likely jump on again. Puppy plays too~ XD

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 12:08:18 AM »
I haven't played since between french tanks were released, and British ones were. The level curve was just too slow after tier 6, and I loved playing all kinds of different tanks for variety, but the game kinda punishes you for doing that because having a win% over 50% when 80% of your tanks are either stock, or with crew below 70%, or both, fighting dudes with multiple prestige perks or wtf they called was pain. I mean I don't mind playing an uphill battle for awhile. But It's like after 30 matches with that tank, you're STILL driving a bucket of bolts compared to the opposition.

Anyone know if they sped up the exp/credit gaining process? Either for crew skill OR tank tree progression? I know they supposedly made tier6+ tanks less costly to maintain but that's all I know.

edit: patched it up, am trying it again... 3 new nations, zounds...the exp gain on them was turbo fast, not sure if applies to tier 5... might be hopeful/active gain? I play NAWest btw.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:05:12 AM by Ghaleon »

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 01:38:32 AM »
I don't know about any experience changes, but Wargaming's constantly giving us at least bonus credit missions, and quite a bit of bonus crew exp and x3 first win on the weekends.  There's no need to rush through the tiers though, especially when the game gives you an option to boost a crew member's training in elited tanks.

While we're on crew...

or with crew below 70%

At the very minimum purchase 75% crew. It makes a huge difference.  Usually once you get to where you elite a tank with a 100% crew (which tends to start at tier 5 as long as you don't rush through it), you can simply retrain the crew to the tank you're upgrading to and have 90% crew with whatever level of skills they had beforehand.  Just watch out with lines like the Maus line and T57 Heavy line that change tank classifications and thus will take you down to 80% on the retrain.

(Also, if you think you have a shot at a mission like the current monthly that pays out in premium time and tanks, do it.  If nothing else, that Tetrarch can be sold for the garage slot it comes with)