Author Topic: Danmaku!! Let me AX you a question  (Read 246770 times)

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
Re: Danmaku!! RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2014, 11:04:03 PM »
I rarely post on the forums but this has my interest in a stranglehold.
With luck, I'll proxy up a deck and meet up with friends tomorrow. This project is exciting and I can't wait for a full version to be done!

Questions:
Do we have an estimated time for completion?
How much will it cost to buy a full game?
Same questions for any expansions.

In the interest of being open like a good indie group I'm going to answer these questions best I can, but please remember that these are estimates and anything can happen.  So don't string me up if I turn out to be wrong.

Completion: This year is almost certain, as I told Helepolis we're trying to have the finished game ready by the last cons of the season.  The big risk to this is I'm expecting my first child in May. If something happened that pulled me away Carrot would have a very difficult time by himself as Danmaku's production is not a one person job.

Price: We have a range that is shrinking over time, you should expect to pay at least $30.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:56:40 PM by Moogs Parfait »

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2014, 11:16:01 PM »
I'm expecting my first child in May.
Oh wow man, congrats!

30 dollars... hmm seems like I'll just have to play off proxies for a while   :ohdear: Oh well, maybe if I somehow pile money together... c:

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2014, 01:34:58 AM »
Oh wow man, congrats!

30 dollars... hmm seems like I'll just have to play off proxies for a while   :ohdear: Oh well, maybe if I somehow pile money together... c:

Thank you!

I forget that some people on this forum are too young to even have a part time job.  Well we're planning some giveaways so maybe you'll get lucky.   :D

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2014, 05:37:12 AM »
For those who do have access to money but no access to cons, how would one pay for it? Will it be through the website somehow?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »
20 dollars for a card game is actually quite decent. If I have to judge subjectively based on artwork and looks (haven't played it so cannot judge game play), it sounds within the prizes of card-based games. Machiavelli for example costs ?18 here (roughly 20 dollars).

Btw Moogs, when you have a full product in its final shape I will be highly interested in actually buying a set from you which I want to donate at a certain dutch touhou community. They hold small national cons on their own expenses collected by the members and they bring games over to enjoy. I feel it is a great gift in my opinion. Do note, this is a serious request. I will be watching warmly as the game is being prepared.  :getdown:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:33:16 PM by Helepolis »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »
For those who do have access to money but no access to cons, how would one pay for it? Will it be through the website somehow?

Yes.  There's no way we'd be able to reach sales goals without online and international orders.  We've even got the game already translated into Japanese for this reason.

20 dollars for a card game is actually quite decent. If I have to judge subjectively based on artwork and looks (haven't played it so cannot judge game play), it sounds within the prizes of card-based games. Machiavelli for example costs ?18 here (roughly 20 dollars).

Btw Moogs, when you have a full product in its final shape I will be highly interested in actually buying a set from you which I want to donate at a certain dutch touhou community. They hold small national cons on their own expenses collected by the members and they bring games over to enjoy. I feel it is a great gift in my opinion. Do note, this is a serious request. I will be watching warmly as the game is being prepared.  :getdown:

I actually quoted $30 (USD).  I think you got that but I wanted to make sure.  ^^;;; 

Thanks for the prepreorder!   :3 You can definitely expect some sort of proper preorder mechanic from us as we get closer to final production. 

In semi-related news, I have no idea why I bought Dark Souls 2 since it's just going to sit in its plastic for the foreseeable future.  :ohdear:

I have to go now, but sometime later today or tomorrow I will reformat the front post to be more informational about the project status.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2014, 06:36:19 PM »
I actually quoted $30 (USD).  I think you got that but I wanted to make sure.  ^^;;; 
Doh, typo in my previous post. Though the comparison stays to card-games. 20-30 prize range is decent for an high art card game.

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2014, 08:53:49 PM »
This seems like a really cool project, and the art looks great. I'll be looking forward to the release!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
I'll pre-order too if you accept Visa debit cards. :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
I wonder what type of payment we can make. Paypal? CC?

Edit:
Thanks to Pesco's notification, I was able to catch a live stream of Danmaku!! art in progress. What a lovely experience it was. Thank you Gina  :3
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:19:34 PM by Helepolis »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2014, 10:32:50 PM »
Yeah I didn't have time to announce it yesterday or today. My day job was crazy.  =

I'm glad you enjoyed it though Helepolis.  I'm watching the recording while I write today's update.

I consider having CC/Debit payments required so I'll be very frustrated if that doesn't happen somehow.

Click to Shoot!

Click to stream!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:55:55 PM by Moogs Parfait »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2014, 11:55:58 PM »
$30 is a very reasonable for something like this. Assuming the final price is around that estimate or a little over I'm almost certainly in for a copy.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2014, 12:42:04 AM »
$30 is a very reasonable for something like this. Assuming the final price is around that estimate or a little over I'm almost certainly in for a copy.
I'm glad you think so!

Also thanks for posting and setting off everyone's new post alarm.  :D

Stream is live everyone! has lived a full life and departs us with no regrets, survived by a beautiful illustration.

Click to see a recording!

Because the internet never forgets.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:42:36 AM by Moogs Parfait »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »
Yeah I didn't have time to announce it yesterday or today. My day job was crazy.  =\

I'm glad you enjoyed it though Helepolis.  I'm watching the recording while I write today's update.

I consider having CC/Debit payments required so I'll be very frustrated if that doesn't happen somehow.

http://danmaku.mysteryparfait.com/shootcardreveal/

http://danmaku.mysteryparfait.com/wp-content/uploads/Reimu-preview-e1395098946515.jpg
I will be watching warmly until the official release/purchase day arrives.

Also the following I am about to say is honest and no intentions of on purposely praising: When I view Touhou art, I always mind the style and unique feeling it gives. When I view a thumbnail on Pixiv or Danbooru and I get the "Oh hey, it is that artist" thought, then the artist did it correctly in my opinion. Since there are tons of artists and similar styles, only a few of them are truly feeling unique when compared. To give a number of extremely unique and identifiable artists: Imizu (Nitro Unknown), Warugaki, Colonel Aki, Morino Hon.

When I look at Gina's art, the face, eyes, mouth, expressions (specifically expressions) I can only conclude I have never seen it before. Expressions are for me very important and I like the way Danmaku!! brings forward this feeling. Not only because of the beautiful artwork, but also the dynamic feeling/senses/motion the touhou characters present (Note: Meiling's danmaku!! art).

Again this isn't to suck it all. I cherish and respect all artistic work on RikaNitori, whether it be card game, board game, RPG, fighting: Doesn't matter!

Thank you all for your hard work.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:01:20 PM by Helepolis »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2014, 04:12:19 AM »
You've made two artists very happy, Helepolis.

Did I post Remilia?  I'll post Remilia again since I think people missed it!

http://rumi-kuu.deviantart.com/art/Danmaku-Remilia-Scarlet-438772260

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2014, 04:53:54 AM »
To give a number of extremely unique and identifiable artists: Imizu (Nitro Unknown), Warugaki, Colonel Aki, Morino Hon.

You should checkout kozou_(soumuden) too, his style is the most unique and beautiful of all I have saw so far.

also, the detail of Remilia's wings on the pic above could be improved IMO, it look too featureless compared to the rest of the artwork, still a very well-made picture though.

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2014, 11:55:26 PM »
If the actual game is half as awesome as the art...
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2014, 12:36:21 AM »
Hi everyone!  It's been awhile.  I suggest none of you ever get bronchitis.  Especially is you've got circumstances that prevent you from taking the good meds.

We've added a bunch of  mobile wallpapers to download and we'll add more as more art gets revealed.   Click the image below to head to our site where you can download them.

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
  • Highly Responsive to Jinxes
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2014, 10:22:42 PM »
I've been lurking on this thread here for a while now, and I have to say that this game is great! ^^
The only downside for me right now is to convince people to play this game with me, one of the hurdles being that the game is not in German (which I personally don't mind, but some people I know might not like this too much).
I really like the concept and the great replay value due to the many different characters, and all of them having different, although some of them seemingly broken (I'm looking at you, Yuuka and Yukari!), abilities. ^^
Keep up the great work, and I can't wait to see all of the cards with their final artwork. ^^

Even though I just said I might have some problems finding some people to play this game with me, I actually somehow convinced some of my friends to give this game a try (not telling them it was Touhou certainly helped out. xD )
We played a couple of games together.
Some of my friends weren't all too excited about this game after the first round, because we had forgotten about a rule here and there which in turn broke the game. xD;
Also, since it was the first game for everyone, we needed a lot of time to finish even one round, so some of my friends were a little frustrated, especially the ones dying first, for having to wait so long.

But from the second gameonward, everyone enjoyed it. Unfortunately, we couldn't finish any of the games from the second one onward, because we were playing the game during our breaks then, and we were just taking too much time. xD

I ran into one problem with the game's design, though.
While that problem heavily relies on the playstyle of all players, I think that there might be a problem with the 4 player game variant (it's still fun, just something that I noticed).
I guess I'll best explain it by retelling the first game we played (as best as I can remember).
So, I was the heroine, coincidentally playing as Reimu. Player2 was Patchouli (EX Boss), Player3, opposite of the heroine, was Satori (Partner) and Player4 was Okuu (Boss).
[I'll proceed using the character names for everyone but me from now on.]
So, I started the game by equipping a Power charm and that was pretty much it. I didn't know who to attack, and since I didn't want to accidentally kill my partner, I rather shot no one.
Patche (p2) equipped a Focus and then proceeded to attack Satori (p3), since Patchouli didn't want to become the main target of the me. Satori lost one life. Satori, in her turn, then attacked Okuu, possibly to signalize me that Okuu was another enemy of mine.
Okuu (p4) then "Borrowed" my power and shot at Satori twice, one shot was dodged with graze, avoiding attacking me since she didn't want to become my target, either.
I took the borrowing personal though and then proceeded to play a Fairy Wave, a Shoot and then, because Okuu was almost dead anyway since she couldn't dodge anything, decided to activate my spellcard and finish her off.

Then, Satori got killed by Patchouli, and in the end, Patchouli won the match because she got a second Focus and because we forgot you could use multiple Shoot to increase your range.
Also, I sort of gave up because I kind of had broken the rules. We had forgotten that you cannot go over your max life. I, on the other hand, had 9 lives at some point in time. I would have lost either way, though, because of the Focuses that I could not overcome. xD

But from that game I realized a problem: the player opposite of the heroine probably will not live for all too long.
As I already hinted at, no one wants to attack the heroine in the first turn to not become her target. Since player2 and player4 only attack the heroine and player3, they usually choose to attack player3. Which is kind of bad. I don't know how to fix this problem, or if other people choose to attack the heroine in the first round, but that was just something I noticed when playing this game.

Five player games are more balanced, fortunately. Although I still died in the first (or second) round because everyone focused on me simply for being the person knowing the rules. xD
(At least I could deal some counter damage to them for being Byakuren. The only problem was that my starting hand consisted of nothing but Shoots, so I had no way of defending myself normally. ^^; )
It didn't help that we had Cirno in this round, and that Cirno was sitting two spaces away from me. xD;

Just something random here: It's kind of fun seeing the possibilities in this game from a story kind of standpoint. We had Cirno with a Mini-Hakkero once. Everyone who knew the Touhou characters ran for their lives. xD

Well, I think I wrote way too much already. ^^;
I just wanted to say that your game rocks and I'm most certainly going to buy this game once it comes out (if you ship it to Germany, that is.)

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2014, 11:17:36 PM »
Always interested in player data and stories!

Translations
Touhou has a worldwide fanbase so languages besides English and Japanese are possible.  I'll have to get some regional data before we consider that kind of thing though.

Yukari and Yuuka
Yukari hasn't changed in a long time so she's pretty fine as is.  Yuuka has gone through several revisions though so she's had less playtesting (only a few months) in her current form.  I'd be particularly interested in data on her.  I do see she needs a wording change though.

Other stuff

How long were your breaks? The target game time for Danmaku!! is ~30 minutes.  Past ~45 minutes people get tired like you mentioned, particularly if they get defeated early on.  Once everyone understands the rules it moves much faster as well, which is true for any game.

Player style does certainly affect how the game goes.  Personally I'm used to psychopath Heroines who open with things like Last Word and Partners who will shoot the Heroine to throw off the Bosses.  It sounds like your group is more conservative.  It also sounds like you had a huge lack of Graze! card draws.

I'm going to add what we call the "Noob Setup" in the instruction manual.  We recommend new players limit the characters to Reimu, Marisa, Patchy, Youmu, Utsuho, Remilia, and Tenshi.  This allows people to concentrate on the cards in the deck before getting into complicated people like Reisen and Yukari.  You can use incidents or not depending on how you feel, it sounds like your group didn't use them? 

I also love player stories particularly because of the narrative that comes out of them.  It's like doujinshi fuel

Thanks for posting your story!

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »
Well, the thing with Yuuka is that, with some lucky draws, she can obliterate other players with her ability, since she can draw a card with each attack. Couple that with some Power cards or even the Stopwatch, and she'll wreck everyone (given that she targets someone with no chance to dodge and/ or has or draws lots of Danmaku cards). xD
Admittedly, she's never come up in a game we played and I might just overestimating Yuuka's capabilities, but drawing a card per hitting attack card seems quite powerful to me. I might be wrong on that, though. ^^

Our breaks were 30 minutes, but in that time, we also had needed to set up the game, so we did have less time to actually play.

Seems like we are all way to honest and don't like risking the success of our missions. xD
And yeah, usually, cards of the same kind tend to stick together for whatever reason, another person mostly had Grazes in turn. ^^

Reimu was actually one character that confused some players. Well, not her specifically, but in the second round, my friends thought Reimu's ability (the enemy needing two cards to dodge) was an effect granted by her being the hero. Maybe I just explained stuff badly, though. ^^

We actually did use Incidents (Normal Setting. Some wanted Easy, I wanted Hard. So we went for the in between).
But only one incident came up the first game, and it didn't affect the game by much (I can't even remember which one came into play). I believe we had Eternal Night in one of our games, but during that time, no one had that many Danmaku cards to begin with.

I'll share more stories if we play a full game again if you want. ^^

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »
Well, the thing with Yuuka is that, with some lucky draws, she can obliterate other players with her ability, since she can draw a card with each attack. Couple that with some Power cards or even the Stopwatch, and she'll wreck everyone (given that she targets someone with no chance to dodge and/ or has or draws lots of Danmaku cards). xD
Admittedly, she's never come up in a game we played and I might just overestimating Yuuka's capabilities, but drawing a card per hitting attack card seems quite powerful to me. I might be wrong on that, though. ^^

(snip)

I'll share more stories if we play a full game again if you want. ^^

Oh, I wouldn't worry about Yuuka's passive.  We know that one is good, it's her bomb that kept changing.

The Stopwatch takes the main limiter off and allows any character to go nuts really.  It's best dealt with swiftly.

Shooting Powers off of characters is also extremely important.  So is defensive bombing to shut down combos.  Keine is a nice character because her bomb is a true counterspell, allowing one to cancel Voile, which is probably more dangerous than even the Stopwatch.

I always like player stories! ^^

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2014, 05:25:23 AM »
So, two questions. The rulebook says that there is no loot for killing a partner, but the partner card itself gives loot to bosses. Also, what exactly happens in Crisis of Faith? I'm not exactly sure what the deal is.

My friend group has basically deemed Remilia, Tenshi, Reimu, and Sakuya top tier, in a sense. Nobody wants to shoot Remilia directly and -that bomb-, Tenshi is such a masochist, Reimu's bomb and passive are just really good, and Sakuya has auto-stopwatch.

Then, there's Nitori who seems very underwhelming. Sure, it's a card that "gains" potency as your target has more permanents, like Sanae deals more damage with more Shoot!!, but Nitori just returns the target to normal. If the target doesn't die off by your next turn, then it's back to square one.
Granted, her passive is strong. But if Nitori's spell could be buffed reasonably, that'd be cool. Disable the target's passive ability and permanents? I dunno.
It's to the point where, if given the choice of Remila or Sakuya or Nitori, choosing Nitori is almost intentionally gimping yourself.

It took me a while to realize why Aya can basically cancel Shoot! with her own.
Spoiler:
She plays Shoot the Bullet.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:31:54 AM by Fast Fanatic »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »
1. Partner Loot
The rulebook is out of date and the cards are correct, we will get that fixed.

2. Crisis of Faith

Crisis of Faith is like an election with bullets. Once it starts the goal is to shoot the person you don't want to be the Heroine every time they become the Heroine.  The incident ends when someone manages to be the Heroine when their turn comes up.  It's a bit of a complicated card but where your confusion is coming from I think is that it only has an effect on Hard mode, which means it needs to be changed.  We kept the difficulty levels in the instructions, but Hard is definitely the most fun once everyone knows the rules, and thus what all of our playtesting groups played after awhile.

3. Tiers & Nitori
We've managed to get the characters reasonably close to each other in power level, tiers vary from group to group, but since you just discovered two other mistakes I'll take a look at Nitori again.  A previous version of her was an invincible tank. =P

Tenshi and Utsuho are consistently favorites to play as because of their recklessness.  One guy at AnimeFest was kinda disappointed to draw Tenshi, but a fourth of the way into the game he was like "...now I get it!" and went on to win and be a big fan of her.

4. Aya
As someone with an odd sense of humor, it makes me extremely happy you got my joke.

Thanks for sharing!  I have to get some assignments to an artist, but I'm going to post about Incidents tonight, look forward to it!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:39:32 AM by Moogs Parfait »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 01:17:40 AM »
Sanae's card has some differences in the rulebook as well. One indicates that her spell's attack deals damage equal to the Shoot! while the other indicates that she attacks once for each Shoot! And Miracle Fruit versus Bewitching Power Spoiler. Though I assume the card is the current version again?

I think the "tier" grouping is mostly balanced. I mean, the characters I mentioned already, plus Aya, Byakuren, Alice, Satori, Youmu, Marisa, and Reisen get regular usage, and everyone else has enough situational merit depending on your role.

The issue I see with Nitori is that her passive is -just- (I say that loosely) a Focus in contrast to Sakuya having one of the most terrifying and rare cards by default. And all it takes is a power for an adjacent hostile and you're completely vulnerable to two Shoots! like normal. Either she manages to be relatively safe or bunches of attacks wail on her at once.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 03:56:23 AM »
Okay everyone, I want to talk about Incidents, and I want you all to let me know what your favorite incident is.  Even if you haven't played Danmaku!! yet I want to hear your opinions!

Incident Rules
Incidents are global effects that change how the game is played.  They add a yet another random factor to Danmaku!! games so that each game is very different.

As long as you're not playing on Easy mode (No Incidents).  The game starts with the Heroine turning over the top of the incident deck before she takes her turn.  New incidents come in according to the game difficulty:
Normal: If there isn't an active incident at the start of the Heroine's turn, draw a new one.
Hard: If there isn't an active incident at the start of any player's turn, draw a new one.
Lunatic: Draw a new incident at the start of the Heroine's turn, regardless of whether or not there is an active incident.  Multiple incidents can be active at once, and you activate their effects in the order they were drawn.

We recommend Hard for the most fun play.

Most Incidents have a resolution completed by collecting cards.  The incident sucks up any cards going to the discard pile that would count towards its resolution.  Once the resolution condition is met then the incident is discarded.  A few incidents have special resolutions, we'll talk about those when we get to them.

Worldy Desires

Wordly Desires immediately wipes the board of permanents and keeps them out of play until Rinnosuke shows up or four permanents get discarded.  It can resolve itself instantly if there are enough permanents in play when it comes out. 

Undefined Fantastic Object

FREE BEER!  Wandering UFOs bring a bounty to all.  This incident resolves through a timer effect.  Once enough cards that aren't what it's looking for are drawn it goes away. 

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody

CHAOS!  An incident with random effects, each player doesn't know what they're going to get, but they do know they have a 50% chance of getting whatever plans they had dashed as their hand changes with someone next to them.

Spring Snow

Cools off the game and prevents spell card activation.  Ironically hurts strong-bomber Cirno quite a bit.  Maybe it calms her righteous fury?

Saigyou Ayakashi Blooming

The second incident ever designed, sudden death mode.  If a game is running too long this one will eventually show up and put a stop to it.  Quotes about Blooming:
Heroine: "That ****ing evil tree!"
Heroine: "I'm dead unless we can end it now"
Heroine: "DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE ANY WINTER CARDS?"
Boss: "I do but I'm a Boss =D"

Scarlet Mist

Another cooldown card, this one is more mild.  Tends to result in a short phase of everyone gathering power.

Rekindle Blazing Hell

Everyone gets pumped up with extra card draw.  Lots of action and bullets created by this one.

OVERDRIVE

Turns Danmaku!! into a shounen manga and everyone gets hot-blooded.  Don't overextend yourself though, unless you like being pure white ash.

Great Barrier Weakening

This card makes the game a lot more tactical, since the next player gets the last card you play.  It can be very interesting during a 1 vs 1 final battle.  Just FYI infinite loops aren't possible.

Lily White

The very first incident we designed and how the incident mechanic came to be!  Lily White comes in an has a 1/4 chance of nearly one-shotting any player.  However she also has a 1/4 chance of wandering off. 

Why does Lily do so much damage? Pick any you please:

1. Power of Yuri
2. She's a Rogue and does Sneak Attack damage.
3. It's Spring!

Giant Sighting

A new challenger has arrived!  Challenging someone doesn't count as an attack so it bypasses several effects, including basic Range requirements.  This incident essentially allows people to hit twice if they've got the cards to do it.

Five Impossible Requests

Kaguya brutalizes everyone's hand with unreasonable demands.  This incident leaves players unable to defend themselves so it's another game ender.

Crisis of Faith

The Blue Shell of Danmaku!! and one of my favourite incidents, CoF turns the game on its head by changing who the Heroine is.  Imagine you're playing Touhou 15 and stage 5 rolls around and suddenly Kogasa is the protagonist.  It's that kind of card.  It ends when one of the Heroines' turn comes up while they're the Heroine.  I like this one because it feels like a big incident is happening.

Eternal Night

"What if there was a global Stopwatch?"
"Oh shi-*pitchuun*"

Endless Party

Cards for everyone!  Each turn everyone gets a round, courtesy of the the house (Rinnosuke)
This can slow the game down if your player's aren't experienced.  Still it's a very popular incident.

Crossing to Higan

Let's mill the deck shall we? Crossing to Higan refreshes everyone's hand on their turn, preventing players from planning ahead and urging them to act now.  It ends when the deck becomes empty and needs to be reshuffled. 

That's it for the base set.  There are more incidents that didn't make the cut, and some that go with the expansions that affect those expansion's mechanics.  So I'll ask again.

Which incident is your favorite? Which incident is most incidenty to you?

I'm tired.  That took longer to write than I expected and it wasn't that much text.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:00:38 AM by Moogs Parfait »

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »
Why does Lily do so much damage? Pick any you please:

1. Power of Yuri
2. She's a Rogue and does Sneak Attack damage.
3. It's Spring!

Spoiler:
Marisa: Templates like that are forbidden.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. ^^;

Deciding which incident I like the most is a difficult task indeed. Because I like pretty much half of them. xD
It doesn't help that I have barely seen any of these cards in action.
But I think I can put them into three categories, each category being slightly better/ funnier than the last:

#3: Discard Incidents
With that I mean Five Impossible Requests (no hand cards), Crossing to Higan (reshuffle hand cards) and Worldly Desires (ban all permanents)
I like them all pretty much the same because FIR and WD bring everyone close to each other power-wise, while Crossing to Higan just messes up everyone's plans, also leaving them to rely on the luck of the draw. And with my usual luck, that means that I'm dead. xD

#2: (Chip) Damage Incidents
These Include Lily White, Saigyou Ayakashi Blooming and Giant Sighting.
Lily White is so ridiculous that I just love it. Although I don't want to be on the receiving end. Again, my luck will probably mean that I am the only one to draw Spring, though. ^^
Saigyou Ayakashi Blooming is really great in the way that you have to act fast in order to beat everyone else down so they HAVE to play Winter cards to survive. Either that, or you are dead. ^^
Really great in how drastically this may change the play style of people.
And Giant Sighting is great in the case that, if you know an enemy doesn't have any danmaku cards anymore, and you have, say, three of them (or are Yuuka who can draw a new card for each damage done and have some luck with your card draws (sorry for bringing Yuuka's passive ability up again)), you can deal some really heavy damage to them if they can't cancel the card. ^^
I think I like Saigyou Ayakashi Blooming the most out of these, though.

#1: Crisis of Faith
If you can make a Heroine into a Boss and an EX Boss can become a Heroine, then this clearly is an incident. ^^
This incident is so ridiculous that I really want this card to come up once. ^^
Also, the whole mystery of who has what role will probably not stay for much longer once this incident has come up. ^^

Again, I still have to see most of these incidents in action, so they might not be as funny/ great as I think they are, but from what I can imagine, those are the ones I like the most.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 08:03:16 PM »
Funny, Rekindle Blazing Hell and Endless Party are incidents that always get put on top if a Master Plan allows it. Everyone in my friend group like distributing cards with reckless abandon so it works. I'm personally fond of Overdrive since having spells flying around all the time is pretty hectic.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 10:16:07 PM »
The incidents go down pretty much just as you theorize, ShadowNCS.

I like how you and Fast Fanatic don't really overlap in the incidents your groups like. 

If you want to try out all the incidents, a good way to do it is to not reshuffle the incident deck between games. 

To answer FF's earlier question, card Sanae is correct and the instructions are out of date again.

PS: Being forbidden just makes it more enticing.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2014, 03:33:07 AM »
New character art for you guys.  This time it's everyone's favorite Ordinary Magician.

IMO Wanaca90 nailed this one. Her deviantArt page (http://wanaca90.deviantart.com/)