Author Topic: IoSYS rant. Fans and Haters alike. No one is safe.  (Read 30260 times)

Letty Whiterock

Re: IoSYS rant. Fans and Haters alike. No one is safe.
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »
I love Miko. Also, Yuyuko sex is probably the hottest thing ever.

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 11:00:52 PM »
 Yukari's parties are always the best.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:23:42 PM by Cadmas »

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 11:24:03 PM »
Last year I got both Gossun Remix CDs.  Duely disappointed. T-T

Not to say all IOSYS stuff is bad, especially if memetards are paying it too much attention.  Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Dojo = win.
Yeah I'll have to revise my last post. I had the Gossun remixes, but I trashed them. I mean come on! 30 remixes of the exact same song?  :o It's utterly ridiculous, I just started with the songs I personally liked, got the albums and heard all the songs. and I like them. My only advice is NEVER judge songs just by the artist/circle or album, judge each song individually, I did that and missed out on some AWESOME songs for quiet awhile.

FIGHT!

Azure Morichika

• Bimbo Kannushi
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 11:55:27 PM »
Regardless of what you say, and looking from opposite perspectives, IOSYS, as a well marketed circle, has its own contribution towards the Touhou comminity too.
How many of you have not, in your spring period of Touhou fandom, come across Marisa Stole the Precious Thing and looked at it in such a way that got you motivated to seek further for more Touhou stuff?
Even if everyone on this topic, or forum, denies it, many fans of what you could label 'hardcore' at the moment, have been introduced in a cheerful, playful way to the big and initially confusing world that is Touhou. Having that in mind, a fan is capable of enjoying their music through this concept, other than the technical aspect to it, supah dupah mad coo' sounds or not. Other than just slamming a "lol tastes" seal on the matter, you could say IOSYS is a different depiction of Touhou that attracts a more wide range of fowks, as a starting point, and hold a bit more of a value outside music itself.

That said, I'm not even exactly an IOSYS fan, although it's like some overrated anime, like Naruto or whatever. Many anime fans are introduced to the whole animuh world by it and then move forward to something else, more hardcore, you could say. Or even move deeper in the anime itself, which making an analogy, could be listening to other IOSYS stuff than the PVs.
These guys loving IOSYS today may become die-hard fans across the project, summarizing.

But man I sure love me some Border of extacy.

Drake

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 12:23:34 AM »
Who are you replying to? I'm pretty sure I got the message across that IoSYS does contribute a lot to the Touhou community, even if it's not necessarily what people want immediately, and it's marketing ploys are pretty smart.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Azure Morichika

• Bimbo Kannushi
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 12:26:29 AM »
even if it's not necessarily what people want immediately, and it's marketing ploys are pretty smart.

But some do enjoy Touhou as IOSYS.
I then said from a technical perspective, it's questionable. I was just adding to your post, not contradicting it.

Unesco

• United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
    • www.unesco.org
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2009, 01:26:56 AM »
But that's because there ARE no buses in Gensokyo!

Also, there's no way a vase like that could exist!

Anyway...

IOSYS as a group produce a few very catchy songs, which is fine enough. Hell, I remember when I showed up here for the first time a couple of years back people were praising things like Marisa Stole the Precious Thing as a massive boost for the fanbase. Then of course we start getting the people who never played the actual games and showed up for the music and the kawaii~.

Hey, I resent this (I'm guilty of it.)

Well, actually, I started playing touhou because of Marisa Stole The Precious Thing, and then had problems so I came here...

BUT STILL

(ok, just kidding)

Last year I got both Gossun Remix CDs.  Duely disappointed. T-T

The fishtone mix and the SOUND HOLIC versions are good if I understand what you are referring to correctly.

~UK

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »
You guys are forgetting important things:

1. If you see something so freakin` awesome, any related material to it will be considered related-to-awesome
2. Anything related-to-awesome that's also awesome will increase one's addiction
3. Anything related-to-awesome that isnt awesome itself will be easily ignored
4. Anything related-to-awesome that is made of epic fail is ignored altogether

In this case, IOSYS PV's are freakin` awesome, all their ear-rape tracks become ignored altogether, maintaining the PV's epicness

As for those gossum remixes, i only *remotely* liked only 2 of them, then deleted them after a few listens and just stuck with stole the precious thing and its mahjong counterpart.

(btw i have every IOSYS album, but i only stick with vocal remixes, even the ones with ear-rape, because IOSYS is related-to-awesome-Touhou)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 01:12:52 PM »
How many of you have not, in your spring period of Touhou fandom, come across Marisa Stole the Precious Thing and looked at it in such a way that got you motivated to seek further for more Touhou stuff?
Even if everyone on this topic, or forum, denies it

I am not one of them, so I have full rights to rage at IOSYS' stupid fandom and their generally horrible music.

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »
What can you do?  I agree with mostly everything the OP said, but you can't fight popularity no matter how much you hate or dispise it.  IoSYS have some good songs, but for the most part they suck.  When I first heard the full version of Marisa Stole the Precious Thing I thought my speakers had exploded.

Drake

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »
You guys are forgetting important things:

1. If you see something so freakin` awesome, any related material to it will be considered related-to-awesome
2. Anything related-to-awesome that's also awesome will increase one's addiction
3. Anything related-to-awesome that isnt awesome itself will be easily ignored
4. Anything related-to-awesome that is made of epic fail is ignored altogether

In this case, IOSYS PV's are freakin` awesome, all their ear-rape tracks become ignored altogether, maintaining the PV's epicness

As for those gossum remixes, i only *remotely* liked only 2 of them, then deleted them after a few listens and just stuck with stole the precious thing and its mahjong counterpart.

(btw i have every IOSYS album, but i only stick with vocal remixes, even the ones with ear-rape, because IOSYS is related-to-awesome-Touhou)
If you read the entire thing you would see that this is the problem.

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 12:05:16 AM »
i have mixed feeling about IOSYS. on one side theres the cutesy PV's which i hate, but then you have their other tracks which aren't too bad (actually i haven't heard many of their other tracks but the ones i heard weren't too bad)

despite all this though, overall i hate IOSYS because of what they did to my beloved Nuclear Fusion :'(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:06:53 AM by Doomsday93 »

NinjaFoxX

• There is so much wrong with everything you've done in your short time here
  • I can't even fit it all in title and text. Bye!
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 04:25:43 AM »
ARM is a beast.
D-watt's pretty cool.

others are ok, the stuff they did with Team.Nekokan was too good.

so, about half/half for me

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »
There is one thing I didn't like about rock heavy bands, one thing is that they rely too much on 'frying up the whole song'. Everyone, Demetori (has a few good ones I admit, like the one in Vaguely Dreams of Scarlet Full Moon, Sakuya's theme) and Crow's Claw or Neutral or whatever... is that they seem to like to add guitars to whatever the hell it is. It doesn't matter if it is once a good midi track, they just turn on the amp, plug in the howler and off they go blasting it.

In fact, if I were on drugs, I'd listen to them and say, 'dude, what the hell are you guys doing? it sounded like you guys are performing to a crowd of noise band lovers. It is true, there is  a limit where guitars quite simply become noise, it is not a matter of you slamming the drums as hard as you did or just picking the guitar until the strings break and slap into your face to open a bloody gash, it is about quality guitaring.

None of the bands I mentioned had much of that, truth to be said, have you ever heard a ballad number by Crow's Claw? Have you? Okay, maybe it exists somewhere I dunno, but when has it ever been like...you can listen to that noise for well over 15 minutes? I sure as hell can't stand it, but I dunno.

Now, in my case, I like some techno, in fact, time and again, a few of them demonstrated they can carry house pretty well, but then... lots of them lean towards the Ska, or the simply put in the beats synthesizer types, that is why I don't support entire albums of them.

Heck, even my favorite Alstroemeria Records do this, the point I am getting at?
Basically everyone in the fanbase, as with all fanbases even those in R&B and whatever else in the world, are as a matter of fact, when they cross the line, they become obsessed with a band.

Even if Miko right now were to take a shit you did as an IoSYS fan walk up and smell her dump and say how good it smelled like; the exact same thing as MJ fanatics would to say how good his broken nose look like, or that his skin was 'naturally white'.

Jesus. now that was one retarded statement right there at MJ, we all know he is black as much as we know that IoSYS can't carry a tune if they missed their ball joint.

Seriously, I can only name a few songs they are good at, and even then, 3% seemed too much.

I am not even expecting much from I, D, and Crow's claw.

it is just... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzXPkdWAXU something like this...
you know, use that guitar for something actually not too much of a grind to the ears the whole album is, pacing if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 05:17:55 AM by Manhattan-fairy »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 12:49:44 PM »
Marisa Stole the Precious Thing is what brought me to touhou's doorstep.
Do I think its the greatest thing ever? No. Will I ever listen to it again? No.
Do I hate IoSYS? No. I look forward to new videos with anything to do with touhou.

I'm also willing to say IoSYS might be better than some people say; not music wise but utility wise.
IoSYS detracts the idiots. They'll roam along trolling youtube videos while we slush around here.
Have you yet to see a person log into here making 1000s of topics about, "omg i luv IoSYS they create touhous <3"?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:52:13 PM by Cadmas »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »
I've didn't hear of Marisa blah blah'd the precious whatever, until sometime after I cemented my roots into the Touhou community, and I didn't actually listen to it until about a year ago (The 'song' was the BGM to a video that was paying tribute to Mikuru's breasts, and I can tell you I didn't watch it because of IoSYS crap).
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »
Yeah I'll have to revise my last post. I had the Gossun remixes, but I trashed them. I mean come on! 30 remixes of the exact same song?  :o It's utterly ridiculous, I just started with the songs I personally liked, got the albums and heard all the songs. and I like them. My only advice is NEVER judge songs just by the artist/circle or album, judge each song individually, I did that and missed out on some AWESOME songs for quiet awhile.
Indeed.  Some of the remixes were okay, but the rest were... meh.  On top of that, it's two disks of remixes of one IOSYS remix, it's pretty repetitive. =<  But you can definitely find good songs on bad albums.

Matsuri

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2009, 01:57:10 AM »
I think it's pretty stupid to hate something just because annoying people like it. If that was the case I would have quit Touhou and shmups in general a long time ago.

I love IOSYS because it's easy to listen to and enjoy, in my opinion. Nothing more than that, really.

Drake

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2009, 02:01:20 AM »
Most people hate said annoying people, not the fact that annoying people like it. Also, a lot just don't like the group.

Matsuri

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2009, 02:05:12 AM »
*shrug* I mean I hate annoying people as well, but I just ignore them. It's fine if people don't like something just because they don't like something, but to dislike something just because someone who annoys them likes it is pretty lame, and I'm talking in general terms, here-- not just Touhou remixes.  ;)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2009, 08:11:03 AM »
As I get more touhou music, I go "doh" when I find out it's an iosys song. I dislike it. My reasons are simple though... I don't like vocals. Why take a perfectly good song and ruin it by adding vocals WHYYY.

I don't actually hate the person or anything though, I'd just rather listen to something else.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2009, 09:29:26 AM »
As I get more touhou music, I go "doh" when I find out it's an iosys song. I dislike it. My reasons are simple though... I don't like vocals. Why take a perfectly good song and ruin it by adding vocals WHYYY.

I don't actually hate the person or anything though, I'd just rather listen to something else.
To be fair, miko/Karin Fujisaki is super hot, so hearing her voice bothers me so little that it might actually have a negative value.

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2009, 04:01:54 PM »
I like vocals but after awhile the vocals get stuck with the music and I find myself thinking of the lyrics when ever the music plays. Not always IOSYS, but any vocal.

PN

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2009, 04:36:52 PM »

Indeed.  Some of the remixes were okay, but the rest were... meh.  On top of that, it's two disks of remixes of one IOSYS remix, it's pretty repetitive. =<  But you can definitely find good songs on bad albums.

Gossun was probably one of the most disappointing releases I've heard from IOSYS.  IOSYS remixes of their own stuff is usually miss, although there are a couple of good ones (Neko Miko Reimu and the Prism River one from Just a Moment come to mind).  I'll admit that I'm a big IOSYS fan, but a lot of what they do does suck.    Most of Bloom was awful and I hated every track on Bubbling Underground.

Then again, are there any circles where everything they put out is good?  I don't know because I haven't listened to everything, but personally, I'm leaning towards no.  It's a little unfair to persecute IOSYS alone, simply because they were smart enough to market their music with flash videos.

One problem with the rant is that it attempts to place an objective assertion on a subjective argument, which is whether or not IOSYS makes good music.  The attempt to dismiss this by placing the "lol musical preferences are objective" premise into the rant simply shows the bias of Drake.  Some people will think that a lot of what IOSYS puts out is good, so I don't know why Drake would write, "...but to call IoSYS great for coming out with a few good tracks and many mediocre ones doesn't make them a good circle...".  Sorry, but if someone does believe that few of their tracks are mediocre, their opinion would be that IOSYS is a great circle.  You can't dismiss the musical preference premise at the start of your argument, then use it (albeit implicitly) as part of your argument later on when you say "...the attention they get is a bit undeserving as opposed to some groups who consistently put out good music" which is a matter of preference.

Matsuri

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »
Then again, are there any circles where everything they put out is good?

Silver Forest has yet to disappoint me, but I prefer IOSYS to them.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »
I've never heard a MyonMyon song I did not like.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »
I've never heard a MyonMyon song I did not like.

The non-vocal albums of MyonMyon I've heard so far are pretty damn amazing.. The ones I've heard are Mountain of faith, steel of scarlet, and  Prunus Subhirtella (which is Pizuya's Cell x MyonMyon).

I'm not sure but Myonmyon doesn't make anything on their own anymore correct? it's just the Pizuya's cell & Myon myon from now on?). How about vocals? I heard nuclear blast which has vocals all over, along with another album with vocals.. If you can tell me the names of more MyonMyon vocaless albums I'd really appreciate it.

I'm also desperate to find good non-vocal albums that have Lunatic princess. It's one of my fave Touhou songs and nobody seems to remix it! (Unlike Remila's theme which seems to automatically have +8 to awsomeness on just about every remix)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2009, 03:32:59 AM »
Everything Hatsunetsu Mikos has done is amazing, or at least very good.