Author Topic: 東方月異変 ~ Interlunar All-Stars (PH3 Stage 1 Lunartic Only Demo)  (Read 7859 times)

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
FOR DANMAKUFU PH3

After the contest and many more dates Interlunar All-Stars or ILS is being continued in PH3.
But nevertheless I was actually glad i could redo my work in PH3 because I didnt much like the old one.
With that said I present to you The very first demo of my game which contains Stage 1 for PH3.

*Currently the Stage is in Lunartic Mode but I will be doing different Difficulties*
Stage 1 - Misty Lake[Lunartic] : http://www.bulletforge.org/u/lunarhazuki/p/interlunar-all-star-stage-1-lunatic-demo/v/10
Stage 1 Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwYgZ6UOo-Q

its ph3 ready so you can directly play it

it currently has "Random Player Generator" for player dont worry the player is still in progress and RPG is placeholder
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:49:34 PM by Lunarethic »
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
Re: Interlunar All-Stars ~ Danmakufu Fangame
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:25:20 AM »
FREE SPACE
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:45:08 AM by Lunarethic »

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:32:15 AM »
MORE FREE SPACE
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:45:22 AM by Lunarethic »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 03:06:22 AM »
General stuff: you get screwed so hard by the boss moving down on a lot of these.  Cirno's first non and Wind Ring come to mind.  Speaking of Wind Ring, if Aya moves the wrong way the gaps on the side you're on become nonexistant, it's basically praying boss movement doesn't wall you.  Cirno's 2nd non I thought was really dumb at first glance, with the bullets coming from behind, but then I realized I didn't need to stream turn it and could just circle, which made it managable and very fun.  Cirno's first spell, on the other hand, is a pain with the RNG involved-did you know bullets can turn back and hit you from behind?  It's a dense barrage that changes direction very quickly.  Aya's 2nd and 3rd nons are very simple to dodge, and her 3rd spell relies on not being trapped by a bunch of small bullets when a larger one comes right at you.  Overall it shows promise, but could use some balance and polish.  (also, when Aya moves down on her first non, it's much easier above her.)

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 03:15:10 AM »
First things first, if you're going to make a full game and release demos before its done you should always package the entire game together and release it that way.

Remember we shouldn't be the ones building the game before we play it, that's your job. I hope I didn't come off as too harsh but I think you should know this before you get into a habit of doing so.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 03:15:55 AM »
So... not to be critical of the project yet, but...

First thing's first. Requiring separate downloads is going to create a logistical hassle later on for the people who try to play your game. What happens if you update a section? People will have to redownload, figure out how to patch their version, etc. And of course, if you decide to change the location of certain function libraries/whatever else, it will cause bigger problems.

Also, don't fall for the same mistake I did. It is highly advised that you do not release constantly. I've been working on Pok?DigiDanmaku for over a year now, and guess what. At least half of the Danmakufu scripters on MotK know the entire plot up to Stage 4 since I released at least 20+ versions. Release less frequently. People will be more interested in your progress that way.

Also: if it's your own game, I advise against using other peoples' player characters without permission. It's usually best to make your own from scratch or use a skeleton that someone else has allowed to use. Just a little bit of advice.

EDIT: Ultima. You Ninja'd me. -_-

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 03:31:34 AM »
The first problem I have is, that Lunatic will only be able to be played by a small amount of people, being most are Normal/Hard players. Next, having to download separately takes up too much time as the others said.
Now that I've played the scripts here's Phantom's 5 Starred tips:
- Try using a custom shot sheet. Default bullets look ugly.
- Keep the bosses higher at about GetCenterY-75, this way bullets don't get to cluttered.
- Make bosses bomb resistant, Remilia's bombs just tear through them.
- Change Riko Toone to Wind God Girl or something, WanWan doesn't need to be in here.
- Make your own players, this way you can customize them as much as you want.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 03:36:05 AM »
EDIT: Ultima. You Ninja'd me. -_-
well you know sparen, Waves comes from everywhere  :dealwithit:
General stuff: you get screwed so hard by the boss moving down on a lot of these.

Yeahh i guess that SetRandomPosition REALLY randomizes movement  :blush:

First things first, if you're going to make a full game and release demos before its done you should always package the entire game together and release it that way.

Remember we shouldn't be the ones building the game before we play it, that's your job. I hope I didn't come off as too harsh but I think you should know this before you get into a habit of doing so.

This is just a temporary set up as ill be releasing it by stages since when i first made this post you didnt have anything to play so the post has no reason to even exist thats why i posted 2 bosses for you guys to play

Also: if it's your own game, I advise against using other peoples' player characters without permission. It's usually best to make your own from scratch or use a skeleton that someone else has allowed to use. Just a little bit of advice.
I am making my own players sparen , the players other people made are there because the folder you got is my danmakufu folder meaning the players i downloaded is there
and dont worry ill be releasing it by stages please wait while i learn how to create a stage first

- Change Riko Toone to Wind God Girl or something, WanWan doesn't need to be in here.
- Make your own players, this way you can customize them as much as you want.

Wait, it is Wind God Girl o.O
riko toone' song is there for funsies (again its my danmakufu folder XD) since I REALLY like wanwan's boss musics and i wanted to see my own battles if it fitted in my own scripts result? It was epicccccccc~
Hmmm maybe ill give mercy and make Normal mode XD
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:43:04 AM by Lunarethic »

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
Hmmmm ive been thinking about a question for you guys who played my scripts

What would you want about the nonspells?

a.) One Nonspell that keeps getting harder as you defeat spellcards (Like in the official games)
b.) A Different Nonspell everytime (Like what i did with my Cirno and Aya boss fight)
or
c.) A Nonspell thats's base on the spell its paired with (kinda like "o so you defeated my nonspell? well Here my spells card thats based on my nonspell but i made it harder)

I really want you guys to enjoy my game so i want as much feedback from you guys

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »
Hmmmm ive been thinking about a question for you guys who played my scripts

What would you want about the nonspells?

a.) One Nonspell that keeps getting harder as you defeat spellcards (Like in the official games)
b.) A Different Nonspell everytime (Like what i did with my Cirno and Aya boss fight)
or
c.) A Nonspell thats's base on the spell its paired with (kinda like "o so you defeated my nonspell? well Here my spells card thats based on my nonspell but i made it harder)

I really want you guys to enjoy my game so i want as much feedback from you guys
Well, personally, I prefer variation in the nonspells (option B). Options A and C may make the boss battle repetitive and/or too predictable.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:00:00 PM by Maths ~Angelic Version~ »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »
I say don't tie yourself to any specific formula.  Some bosses use the same nonspell and variants thereof (Nitori, Aya) while others have every nonspell different (Kanako).  Sukuna is the only example I can think of with a similar nonspell and spell, with her 3rd non/3rd spell (with the knives).  Just go with whatever works for the character.

Miplouf Saigyouki

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 10:43:43 PM »
Hey.Just dropping by to tell you a few things that probably have been said:

-Change the shotsheet.Because,really,fangame with default bullets?Sounds like Alternative Age to me.
-Boss needs to stay on top of screen , that way the player won't get walled.

I watched your video,and a few things about Cirno:
-Make her nonspells and spells canon,or based off the canon ones.You'll see,it's fun to try to replicate but add your touch.
-In her second nonspell,where she fire the shot that creates other shots,how about you make the shots have a random speed  (their speed+rand(-0.5,0.5)),that way it'll be easier for the player to stay un the global field around Cirno instead of having to do ridiculous detours to hit her.
-More importantly,make her move!And give her pauses in her nonspell.

That's pretty much it.
Also,don't go option C.Sukuna did it,and...,it sucked.
Hope this helps.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 11:12:16 PM »
-Change the shotsheet.Because,really,fangame with default bullets?Sounds like Alternative Age to me.

-Make her nonspells and spells canon,or based off the canon ones.You'll see,it's fun to try to replicate but add your touch.
-In her second nonspell,where she fire the shot that creates other shots,how about you make the shots have a random speed  (their speed+rand(-0.5,0.5)),that way it'll be easier for the player to stay un the global field around Cirno instead of having to do ridiculous detours to hit her.
-More importantly,make her move!And give her pauses in her nonspell.
Nothing wrong with default bullets, they might not be as flashy but they do work.
No reason to go off canon-if I want to play Cirno's patterns, I'll go play EoSD.  If I want to play other stuff Cirno might use, I'll play a Cirno script.
2nd nonspell is honestly fine: those complaints come from a perspective that probably didn't try circling her, which makes it pretty fun.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »
Nothing wrong with default bullets, they might not be as flashy but they do work.
No reason to go off canon-if I want to play Cirno's patterns, I'll go play EoSD.  If I want to play other stuff Cirno might use, I'll play a Cirno script.
2nd nonspell is honestly fine: those complaints come from a perspective that probably didn't try circling her, which makes it pretty fun.
Default bubbles are ugly; rest are fine.

Also, non spells usually don't have gimmicky things like circling the boss. But it's up to the creator.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
Re: 東方形 オールスター ~ Interlunar All-Stars (Demo 1 release)
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »
Interlunar - AllStars Stage 1 Remake is Out Now

Please refer to the very first post :
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16060.msg1056266.html#msg1056266

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
Re: 東方形 オールスター ~ Interlunar All-Stars (Demo 1 release)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 12:15:31 PM »
Another Update refer to very first post For the PH3 Version Stage 1 Demo (Lunatic Mode Only)