Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 130905 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
Speaking of shinies; what shinies do you have? [Not counting the Lv up ones]

I has a Lightwell and a Cruel Taskmaster.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »
so far the only thing remotely rare or shiny i've pulled is one epic :/

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »
I have a gold dust devil, dragonhawk, violet teacher, abomination, and molten giant.  Currently have a smattering of other epics and onyxia, cho, and jaraxxus for legendaries.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
I have all the mage cards gold and every gold legendary ever BV

i do not actually have a beta key

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »
I have a really bad habit of losing to lucky topdecks in arena.

I lost 2 games in a row that run due to incredible topdecks. One was a Preist who pulled Mind Blast [PEOPLE DRAFT MIND BLASTS?!] and the other as a Mage who pulled a Sunwalker [I had Lethal on the board and Sunwalker was the only card which a Mage has that could have saved him because I had Ravenholtd out to destroy any taunt to clear the way for the weenies to finish the Mage who was 3 HP. But they didn't have enough to finish a Sunwalker; nor the Mage after popping the Sunwalker's D.Sheild]

Oddly all 4 wins that run came from Doomguard. Be it a Doomguard I kept in my hand for a while waiting for value Doomguard; or a topdeck/Life Tapped Doomguard.

Also Mana Wraith is the best value. Especially when you pull it back when you no longer mess with the enemy's tempo with a Brewmaster after the enemy wasted a Hunter's Mark on it thinking it would go to 1 while I had a Blood Imp [It went to 1; then got buffed back to 2. He had 1 damage charge boar on the board]. Not before I traded the Wraith for the boar; of course.

Then the Turn 5 Silver Hand came out the following turn while the enemy had no board control already. That game did not last long.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:35:42 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »
That feel when your Pyroblast gets Mind Visioned and immediately used on you.
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »
I had a great Preist v Preist moment.

We're both in topdeck scenarios and we end up doing Thoughtsteal shenanigans [He had like 3; I Mind Visioned one]

At one point he thoughtstole my only Shadow Word: Death.

A good 10 turns later; I keep a card in my hand and end my turn. I have lethal on the board [Thanks to an Inner Fire'd Stormwind Knight of all things which has been wrecking havok for the last 3 turns being pumped full of heals]

He plays a Booty Bay Bodyguard.

He then pauses for a few moments.

I just say 'My Apologies'; and hover over my Shadow Word: Death

He figures out what that card must be since he Thoughtstole it earlier and had not seen me use it yet [We had like 4 cards left at this point] and just conceded.

That was amusing. Almost as amusing as the Hunter who conceded immediately after I Shadow Word: Death'ed his Gruul.

I usually stomp Preists but I find it so amusing to play my own in Arena. Always seem to do OK on em.

Edible

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 09:01:01 PM »
That feel when your Pyroblast gets Mind Visioned and immediately used on you.

Mind Vision is pretty terrible but the people who use it do so for moments like this.

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »
at first i thought it actually stole the card from the opponent's hand and i was like oh shit this card is so good

then i actually read the card

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »
Mind Vision is pretty terrible but the people who use it do so for moments like this.

I used it because the other options were Sheildbearer and Arcane Golem

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »
[Although I always manage to get 3 Aldors ._.]

Funny you mention that.
[attach=1]

I always screenshot my decks at 7 wins because at that point, they are successful and I try to find patterns with them. In general, a spike in 2s and 4s is probably the most important thing I notice. You also probably need at least 2-3 big bodies (Venture Co./Boulderfist Ogre size). This is my first 12 win deck a few nights ago. The 3 Aldor Peacekeepers and Tirion were my MVPs. Thoughts about this deck:

Dropping a Faerie Dragon from a 3/2 to a 1/2 with Aldor Peacekeeper on Turn 3 can be pretty devastating for the enemy's board control.

I think Pally secrets are probably the best class secrets in the game. Throw down Knife Juggler, then following turn throw down Redemption and sack Knife Juggler into enemy 3/2, boom, just like Divine Shield.

Dire Wolf Alpha is a fantastic card. It's the cheapest attack boost you can give to a card you already have on the board sans Abusive Sergeant. But it won't die to hero powers either. Great trade ups with it.

I didn't like Holy Wrath for a long time, but I saw Trump use it and now I feel it is situationally good. It is card draw while trying to do damage to an enemy minion (or hero). If you have minions you were going to trade into an enemy's, you might as well throw the Holy Wrath into it first and see if you can trade more efficiently based on the damage the card dealt.

I ended up playing the same Shaman two times in a row at 9 and 10 wins. In the first game, I played Sunwalker Turn 7 to see if he had a Hex. He didn't and had to trade some minions to kill it. Then I played Tirion Turn 8. PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE LIGHT!!!. I beat him, then in the second game, see if he can beat me. He can't because when I play Tirion again around Turn 12 or so, he doesn't have a Hex or Silence in hand. Meaning, his deck doesn't have one. We also Mind Control Teched each other. I stole his Wrath of Air Totem, then he stole it back with his own Tech next turn.

Paladin board control is fantastic late game just because you can always summon a 1/1 in a topdeck war. Keep an equality on hand and you will win that race more often than not.

Kiro

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 11:16:17 PM »
I used it because the other options were Sheildbearer and Arcane Golem

I feel Arcane Golem is a better than average card. Charge damage is something an enemy can never properly account for, especially if you're not a class that runs spells. It is ok to play before Turn 10 if 1) you are close to Turn 10 so the mana he gains is pretty inconsequential, 2) if he has almost no cards in hand so it's highly unlikely he'd be able to make use of the extra mana he gains, 3) if you are almost boned and need some sort of answer. It's a great finisher and cheaper than Reckless Rocketeer (which I also think is situationally good). It's a better Constructed card, but it has won me Arena games.

Kiro

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:30 AM »
Check it out, me vs Kripp in arena. First time I've run across a popular streamer.
http://www.twitch.tv/kirowind/c/3480516

Chaore

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2014, 02:43:47 AM »
I am watching this and you better have won.

Edit: Kiro i am disappointed.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:54:54 AM by Chaore »

Kiro

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2014, 04:17:42 AM »
I am watching this and you better have won.

Edit: Kiro i am disappointed.

Haha, me too. So after rewatching the video as well as from Kripp's side http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/491903619?t=50m06s :

1) I should have healed myself. The Argent Commander hitting me in the face was the red flag I chose to ignore. If I did that and still wanted to keep my Ogre at full health, I would have sacked my Guardian of Kings into the Argent Commander. That would have given me 3 minions such that he couldn't Mind Control Tech me. But in this hypothetical situation, he also drew the Swipe that turn so he unfortunately could have killed the full health Ogre if he so chose with Swipe+Starfire, or Swipe+Druid of the Claw and all I'd have is an enraged 5/2 Amani Berserker and 16 health. Or he could have played the 1 card that I don't know about (which turned out to be Ancient Mage now that I watched it from his PoV).

2) If I went for his face and ignore the Argent, I'd be at 20 health, he'd be at 10 health and I would have had a 5/2, 6/7, 2/3, and 1/1. The 6/7 would have been MC'ed and my 5/2 and 2/3 killed by a combination of the Argent/Swipe/Druid of the Claw. So that feels unsatisfactory to me since my hand didn't have minions at the time.

3) If the MC Tech actually took my Guardian of Kings, my Amani Berserker would have taken that out. So most likely his Druid of the Claw would have gone into Cat Form, killed my Amani Berserker while surviving. That'd leave his board with a 3/3, 5/2, and 4/2. So I might have decided to normal Consecrate that instead which would still have resulted in a loss.

4) If the MC Tech took either of the other 2 weak minions, he might have played that differently. But if not, I would have certainly used Lay on Hands and clear the board accordingly.

5) Kripp's comments included: Playing the first Aldor like I did was a bit greedy when I could have BoK my Dire Wolf, but that's probably a playstyle preference. I should have hit his face with the 7/7 buffed Aldor and he's right. When I killed the 4/4 buffed Keeper instead of the 4/4 Dark Iron Dwarf, I was scared of him bouncing the Keeper back. He's right that if I can silence the Keeper's +2 attack, the Dark Iron Dwarf is more dangerous and that's a great tip from him. And I felt he played damn well. I clearly underestimated the damage a Druid can do to me with spells.

And I went 9-3 with the deck because my computer crashed while I was playing for my 10th win (which was at a neutral board state so unknown if I would have won or not). For Kripp to say my deck could go 12-1 is probably not an overstatement.

So, lesson of the day: If the enemy starts hitting your face instead of board clearing and you can heal yourself, you probably should heal yourself.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:29:03 AM by Kiro »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2014, 05:58:56 AM »
Draft a deck with 4 Naturalize. Win game by decking the opponent 8)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2014, 09:05:22 AM »
Draft a deck with 4 Naturalize. Win game by decking the opponent 8)

That's a strategy that you'll never see coming!

Also I came across a Hunter that was actually trying to run Merlocks in Arena yesterday. It did not go well.

Also I really dislike Arcane Golem because I face a lot of Druids for some reason. That and mages; and an earlier Flamestrike is ew. I also don't like the fact he has 2 HP for giving the foe a mana crystal; usually he'll 1 for 1 at best. That's not value.

Once I am more awake it's back to finishing my current arena run with my Preist. Currently 2-1 on it.

Also I notice quite often that I either draft too many spells; or not enough endgame. That said; the draft keeps giving me the option between a good spell and trash monsters.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:08:37 AM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2014, 10:24:47 AM »
Think of creatures with charge as burn spells instead of creatures. They're meant to trade 1 for 1, 2 for 1 during their lifetime if you have backup for them. The extra mana crystal is really inconsequential. If they want to blow a big spell or creature a little earlier, you should not be overextending when you know they have a sweeper or have a removal answer for the latter.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2014, 10:47:36 AM »
Think of creatures with charge as burn spells instead of creatures. They're meant to trade 1 for 1, 2 for 1 during their lifetime if you have backup for them. The extra mana crystal is really inconsequential. If they want to blow a big spell or creature a little earlier, you should not be overextending when you know they have a sweeper or have a removal answer for the latter.

Putting the enemy ahead on the mana curve is 'inconsequential'? I bag to differ. And that's basically saying 'don't play it against a class with a big scary card' which is every class ever.

I mean Druids have a lot of scary high cost monsters like Ironbark and Ancient of War; Mages have Flamestrike and Pyroblast and everything; Preists have Mind Control. I guess it's not *that* bad against the others but you're still giving that Warrior an early Gorehowl or something. The only class that it dosen't seedm awful against is a Warlock who overall lacks lategame cards. [And then he pulls out Jaraxxus knowing my luck]

I certainly wouldn't draft an Arcane Golem in Arena. 1 for 1 [Due to 2 HP] and a Mana Disadvantage is not good; especially when the most common arena classes seem to be Mage; Pally and Druid.

====

> Mind Vision on a Pally
> Truesilver Champion
> 'I wonder if Preists have attack quotes?'
> BY THE LIGHT
Oh Blizzard.

Also Faceless Manip the built-up Questing when I have a Taunt up; and then SWD'ing the Questing of the enemy. Fun times.

STEALING IS FUN [I basically MC'ed and gave the Questing an extra +1 for 8 mana. Albeit 2 cards.]

I swear when I actually have cards I will make a MarisaPreistisame deck and COPY ALL THE SPELLCARDS. It will be an awful deck but who cares.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:52:05 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2014, 01:21:48 PM »
If the other guy wants to use the extra mana to empty out his hand faster, then it's card advantage to you when you sweep his board. Arcane Golem isn't a creature you play just for the sake of a 3-drop. Like Kiro said, you can use it as a finisher because it's through-damage the turn it hits the board. The point is that you play it to be a threat since it's power is high for its cost. You want the opponent to react by using an answer earlier than they would like to.

4 Naturalize deck from earlier for comments.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »
If the other guy wants to use the extra mana to empty out his hand faster, then it's card advantage to you when you sweep his board.

The issue here is that I am playing Preist; who has exactly 1 AoE spell. [And I drafted 0 Holy Novas] If I was a mage with a potential Flamestrike then maybe.

Chaore

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »
even then honestly it's not that great a card and you probably shouldn't be picking it over most things because it's pretty situational

like it is actually pretty bad, there's better minions with charge flat out

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2014, 03:03:46 PM »
even then honestly it's not that great a card and you probably shouldn't be picking it over most things because it's pretty situational

like it is actually pretty bad, there's better minions with charge flat out

Exactly. Why not just use Wolfrider? Since if you gotta charge at hitting 3 mana nothing's gonna have 4+ HP except like; a Sheildbearer; and not that much that is played has 1 Attack; and you probobly wouldn't charge it down either. The one use I see over Wolfrider is Chargeing a Demolisher.

Golem is a Wolfrider with +1/+1 that gives the enemy an extra mana crystal. That just isn't good. Hence why I chose a Mind Vision over it :P. At least with that I have a chance of getting something decent.

I can see him working in a Pally or Mage deck; however. [Pally with Redemption; Mages simply to rush down and then facenuke with Pyroblast later]. Or; of course; Warlock. Which are usually aggro-rush decks.

====

THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL STEALING FORM [Seeing as I lack a second Mindgames and some good cards in general]

Archmage in a Preist Deck is hilarious however. I got like a 6 for 1 with it because IT WOULD NOT DIE. [Also Holy Nova with an Archmage out]

Killing Mages with their own Pyroblast has a nice karmatic ring.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:12:52 PM by Raikaria »

Edible

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
I'm somehow 5-2 with a really awful mage deck that gave me almost no spells of note.  Get win number 6 against a paladin who was taking forever every turn.  Game gets to the win screen!

... Game quits in between the win screen appearing and my arena screen loading, due to scheduled maintenance.  If it registered as a loss I'm going to be very upset.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
... Game quits in between the win screen appearing and my arena screen loading, due to scheduled maintenance.  If it registered as a loss I'm going to be very upset.

If it quit in the win screen I think you *should* be alright.

Currently 3-1 as a Druid which basically plays for the mid/endgame, with 2 Savage Roars and 2 Wild Growths. The amount of 'NOPE YOU DON'T WIN I HAVE ROAR' wins I've got so far is 2.

On the other hand the only AoE I have in this entire deck is a Starfall which I am yet to draw. [I do have 2 Wraths and a Claw tho]

Edible

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »
Savage Roar is quite underrated as a card, imo.  It's an okay card made great by the fact that it gives your hero extra attack as well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2014, 07:05:51 PM »
Savage Roar is quite underrated as a card, imo.  It's an okay card made great by the fact that it gives your hero extra attack as well.

Well it's Bloodlust that also effects your hero; but costs 2 less but grants 1 more attack.

If you have 2 or less monsters Savage Roar is an outright better Bloodlust. A case due to mana cost can be made for 3 and even 4 minons as well. [You get 1 more total attack from Bloodlust for 2 extra mana for 3 minions; and 2 extra power with 4]

Usually Bloodlust is regarded as pretty good; yet Savage Roar is technically more cost-effective; that said; Shamans spit out Totems so they flood easier than a Druid does.

====

End 3-3 due to a really horrible Palidin match where he basically got dream cards; and a Mage match where I had Letha... oh wait TOPDECK PYROBLAST

Freaking Mages...

But the pack pulled King Krush at least. Sure it's the Legendary for the worst class in the game but it's still my first Legendary.
===

Woo 10-3 Shaman!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:06:45 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2014, 10:52:06 PM »
warlock vs mage is fucking agony

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »
warlock vs mage is fucking agony

Warlock: I'mma use my HP for spells and minions
Mage: You do that *Pyroblast*

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
Something is wrong here, can you see what?

I mostly play Priest, but I had to remove a lot of Priest cards because they  are really gimmicky and countered easily like the Divine Shield+Divine Shield+Inner Fire combo. I still keep my Thoughtsteal because