Author Topic: Danmakufu Artifact Contest! (results are being prepared)  (Read 16795 times)

kirbio

• Leader of Team αlternative Σnding
  • Or is it...?
Re: Danmakufu Artifact Contest!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »
I've finished my entry. Yay!  :)
Here's the link: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/kirbio/p/trickysticks-artifact1-contest-entry-raiko-horikawa/v/101
This is the first time I use ph3 so this may not perfect but yeah...
Enjoy!

EDIT:I'll update it if necessary.
EDIT2: Updated to V.1.01 which fixed the bullet spawning bug.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:05:16 PM by kirbio »

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »
The deadline for "late" entries is Sunday, January 12th, at 11:59 AM PST. No scripts will be accepted past that time, so please do submit your stuff! Stuff two minutes super-late will be accepted.

You know what since quite a few people seem to not be done, just submit it by Tuesday. The next contest won't be so lax, however.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:47:47 AM by Trickysticks »
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 12:37:52 PM »
I'm believe that if people didn't start or finish a submittable entry by the deadline they could not even if  said deadline is extended by one day.  :V

personally it will take till this weekend for me to possibly chun out a reasonable entry, and that no guarantee.

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 05:55:02 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/?j2mp4xt9oljp92g

EDIT: So below is the final version of my entry. If it's too late to change you can judge the mediafire version (which was posted before one of the deadlines), though I'd prefer you use the version below as it's more polished.

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/tressert/p/the-pagoda-of-bishamonten-tressert/v/1
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:38:10 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:12 AM »
Going to post my slightly late entry here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ozzy/p/the-plundered-pagoda/v/100

Since it's technically late, it's up to you whether to judge it or not. In any case, I hope it's enjoyable to all who play.

Since there WILL be bugs I missed, I'll be updating this at some point. I also need to make a better ending. Also there's only one difficulty, sorry. I'll be sure to add more in updates.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 09:28:20 AM »
Shame this contest became messy  :ohdear:. I don't see any administration going on on while it is 5 days due deadline. Tricksy, I hope you're not taking this all too lightly. You see, hosting a contest isn't hard: Maintaining and administrating is.

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 09:04:45 PM »
Apologies, Helepolis. The next contest will definitely be administered better.

In any case, the final for-real deadline passed last night. You can still submit an entry if you truly want, but we WILL be taking quite a few points off for lateness or just not judging them. Things submitted before this post will definitely be judged.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:22:00 PM by Trickysticks »
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
I think it is pretty clear that this is all we're getting after 6 days of passing the deadline. There is no fair reason to deduct people points for being 6 days too late. Personally, you're either too late or on time, not in between and that basically means people who couldn't or didn't submit in time are simply disqualified. Second, the rules are also extremely vague. Never provide fuzzy rules about deadlines, because that is just fooling yourself and everybody else.

You don't need to apologise for it, though I don't see a reason for you to keep this going because at one point you need to "man up" and accept the reality. Instead of an apology I was expecting action.

Edit 24-01-2014
Right so apparently the care factor for this contest by both host has been 0%. Not quite the end result I expected, especially because promises are being made however none met.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:44:36 AM by Helepolis »

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
  • Highly Responsive to Jinxes
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »
Not to sound rude, but it's been over two weeks now that the contest has ended and we haven't heard anything since.
I just wonder if there are going to be any updates anytime soon.  :ohdear:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »
No idea, Tricksy has been gone again without a word or action. Didn't reply to my PM either.

Locking this thread as nothing is going to happen any more.

I'll manually put the, what ever has been released/uploaded, in the opening post of this thread.

Edit Done

Edit2:
Had a talk with the organisation of the contest, there seem to be some sort of misunderstanding regarding this contest. Thread has been unlocked for the organizer to process and handle the contest proper.

Please watch warmly as girls and boys do their best to prepare.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:47:25 AM by Helepolis »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Danmakufu Artifact Contest! (results are being prepared)
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2014, 02:56:01 PM »
First off: apologies for the long wait, there were some difficulties getting things up and running on my end, but I was able to run all the entries.  Likewise, had I realized this thread had been ignored, I would have made a quite update post or prompted Tricky to do the same.  That being said, we've both scored all the entries and Tricky will post the final results in a more presentable format than just the raw data a bit later today.  (or I will, depending on his internet.  Rest assured that the results will be up by the end of the day.  Also, for anyone who wasn't aware, I'm the 2nd judge, I probably should have mentioned that somewhere but I had assumed the first post had been edited.)

This could have gone a bit smoother (okay, a lot smoother) but the end result is some fun scripts with an interesting theme  :)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2014, 08:21:43 PM »
Alright, Tricky had said that if he hadn't posted results by yesterday afternoon, his internet was down and I should.  Regrettably, I was asleep then and it completely slipped my mind until now.  My comments are all inside this pastebin, as they'd be kind of lengthy to include with each script score.

PhantomSong: http://nazr.in/azu (0.12m)
Trickysticks' score: 7
IHNN's score: 8.22
Total score: 15.22
Tricky's comments: Solid entry, but does have some key flaws. Lacks variety/originality for nonspells. Spellcards last a bit too long, especially Foggy Beacon given that it's possible to not be under her for a relatively long period of time.

ShadowNCS: http://nazr.in/azv (Java)
Trickysticks' score: 7.5
IHNN's score: 7.33
Total score: 14.83
Tricky's comments: Sufficient nonspell variety - I especially like how varied the second one is. The first two spells seem to have extremely long lifebars, however, making a pattern that would be cool annoying when it lasts for a while. I found it somewhat hard to stay under Marisa when the laser portion of her third spell occasionally moved off of the screen.

Ran Yakumo: http://nazr.in/azw (BakaDan, custom engine)
Trickysticks' score: 5.5
IHNN's score: 3.42
Total score: 8.92
Tricky's comments: Pretty cool. The curving on the bullets on the first two nonspells is a bit obnoxious, but they're simple (if extremely annoying) once you learn how to do them. Those two nonspells also seem to be the same thing, but with a different bullet graphic? The second to last spell was pretty interesting, but I think the spell is also pretty cheap until you remember that the pagoda starts near the bottom of the screen. The attacks don't really seem to have much variety, since they all follow a basic theme, but I still think this is a decent entry.

kirbio: http://nazr.in/azx (ph3)
Trickysticks' score: 8
IHNN's score: 7.2
Total score: 15.2
Tricky's comments: A pretty solid script. Most of the spells were enjoyable and fair, though the fifth one where all of the other ones are combined was pretty hectic, difficult and not very fun.

TresserT: http://nazr.in/azy (ph3)
Trickysticks' score: 7
IHNN's score: 6.13
Total score: 13.13
Tricky's comments: Quite the long script with a lot of characters. A general theme is that not that many attacks actually use the pagoda much, but with the sheer amount of attacks present I guess that's somewhat understandable. Basically, some patterns were very innovative and fun, while others came across as pretty bland. Reimu's survival seems very, very boring, as it's essentially mildly different versions of the same thing. Over, and over.

ExPorygon: http://nazr.in/azz (ph3)
Trickysticks' score: 9
IHNN's score: 8.5
Total score: 17.5
Tricky's comments: This script is very enjoyable, if a bit difficult. Making copies of the pagoda and giving them to faries to spice up the stage is a brilliant idea, and this certainly shows in the stage. Patchouli's midboss spells have sufficient variety to stay interesting, and show both her elemental theme and the pagoda's influence. Flandre as a whole is pretty amazing, and showcases the pagoda really well. The difficulty does seem a little bit misaligned (some attacks feel like Lunatic), but overall this is a very well done script, especially for something rushed.

Final tally:  Well, 15.22 and 15.2 are close enough that it might as well be called a tie, especially since if I had rounded differently, they would have been! :V
1st: ExPorygon (17.5)
2nd: PhantomSong and kirbio (15.22/15.2)
4th: ShadowNCS (14.83)
5th: TresserT (13.13)
6th: Ran Yakumo (8.92)

Congratulations to ExPorygon!
Also congralutions to PhantomSong and kirbio
Finally, congratulations to everyone who entered!  These were all really fun  :D

When Tricky gets internet back I suspect he'll have something to say as well, but until then,  :toot: :toot:

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
  • Highly Responsive to Jinxes
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2014, 08:11:31 PM »
Congratulations to the winners! ^^

I actually can't believe that I got that many points. This was the first script that I've done, after all.
I'm glad people enjoyed it as much as hey did. ^^

Thanks to IHNN for the helpful critique! I'll definitely keep your points in mind (and make Marisa slower for my future scripts ^^; ).

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 05:09:13 AM »
I understand that there has to be time between contests, so that isn't the point of this. (Just throwing that out there).

That being said, are the artifact contests going to continue? Or was the first one going to be the last due to the way it was managed? I have some good ideas but I'll save them if there will eventually be another one of these.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 02:01:03 PM »
I understand that there has to be time between contests, so that isn't the point of this. (Just throwing that out there).

That being said, are the artifact contests going to continue? Or was the first one going to be the last due to the way it was managed? I have some good ideas but I'll save them if there will eventually be another one of these.
As far as I know, the Artifact 2 contest (Hakkero?) is in planning stage. However, quite a few danmakufu scripters that I know are getting tired of contest after contest after contest. Earlier I was about to plan a Valentines Day Contest, but people flat out stated that they weren't going to participate because they all have other projects (that have been on hold due to RaNGE 10, Halloween, CURSE01, Artifact 1, and LOCAA 4). Then again, it really depends on whether or not Trickysticks decides to post the contest.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2014, 03:02:06 AM »
As far as I know, the Artifact 2 contest (Hakkero?) is in planning stage. However, quite a few danmakufu scripters that I know are getting tired of contest after contest after contest. Earlier I was about to plan a Valentines Day Contest, but people flat out stated that they weren't going to participate because they all have other projects (that have been on hold due to RaNGE 10, Halloween, CURSE01, Artifact 1, and LOCAA 4). Then again, it really depends on whether or not Trickysticks decides to post the contest.

Tricky said he's going to make Artifact 2 a private contest, if I recall correctly, so they will continue, but the next PUBLIC one will probably be a later version of Artifact Contest.