Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 239198 times)

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« on: December 17, 2013, 09:11:03 PM »
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4
Thread 5
Thread 6
Thread 7
Thread 8
Thread 9
Thread 10
Thread 11

Translation Thread

English Wiki

LoT 1
LoT 2

MoonJapanese Wiki

LoT 1
LoT 2

LoT 1 Patches and other downloads
Ver 2.04 patch
Ver 2.06B patch Dead link. HALP.
Ver 3.01 patch
English Patch for Ver 3.01
Cheat Engine chart (Cheat list ver: 8th June 2010)
Cheat table for Special Disc on Win XP (Cheat list ver: 8th June 2010)
Suggested builds
Offline database

LoT 2 Patches and other downloads
Start game with all characters
Ver 1.202
Ver 1.203

Image packs
Squidtentacle's pack
chripy's pack
Pandaology's pack

Developer's site: http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/
Main page : http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/THL2/top.htm

Done. Mostly. :toot:
Wow that's tedious.

There is some weird (probably BP related with my luck) condition to get
Spoiler:
Maribel
. Last time, I had her by now. This time, she won't appear. I have all other characters recruited, I've beaten the Boss Rush, the first two
Spoiler:
Renko
bosses and I've beaten all but two of the Strengthen Bosses.
Spoiler:
It's not Yukari BP, unless she needs more than 500.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:02:09 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:05:18 AM »

There is some weird (probably BP related with my luck) condition to get
Spoiler:
Maribel
. Last time, I had her by now. This time, she won't appear. I have all other characters recruited, I've beaten the Boss Rush, the first two
Spoiler:
Renko
bosses and I've beaten all but two of the Strengthen Bosses.
Spoiler:
It's not Yukari BP, unless she needs more than 500.

Try clearing the strengthen boss rush? :V

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »
I'm honestly at a loss at what I'm supposed to do against
Spoiler:
Shredding Amnesieri
Like others have mentioned, I can't find a way to out damage it's regeneration and deal with its insanely fast speed. I've inflicted a 50% SPD debuff along with Heavy and it still moves at blazing speeds, even with my own characters having 50+% buff in SPD. There must be something I'm overlooking other than just flat out grinding....

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »
I'm honestly at a loss at what I'm supposed to do against
Spoiler:
Shredding Amnesieri
Like others have mentioned, I can't find a way to out damage it's regeneration and deal with its insanely fast speed. I've inflicted a 50% SPD debuff along with Heavy and it still moves at blazing speeds, even with my own characters having 50+% buff in SPD. There must be something I'm overlooking other than just flat out grinding....

Don't know about you all, but I was over leveled.
Spoiler:
Just use a combination of Yukari, Yuugi, Sanae, Aya and Byakuren to get Yuugi with around 80k ATK stat and max buff then just kill the boss without much problem...

jaxter0987

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »
Spoiler:
Just use a combination of Yukari, Yuugi, Sanae, Aya and Byakuren to get Yuugi with around 80k ATK stat and max buff then just kill the boss without much problem...
Sighs... "Just use my exact same set up and you'll be fine."

That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for strategies, and I'm also avoiding grinding some more as I'm already 20 levels above the challenge level.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:36:06 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 10:59:12 AM »
Sighs... "Just use my exact same set up and you'll be fine."

That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for strategies, and I'm also avoiding grinding some more as I'm already 20 levels above the challenge level.

That wasn't what I meant. Anyway, if you're looking for strategies, did you check the previous thread last page? There is a screenshot of it's bestiary page and people were suggesting Eiki.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »
Shredding is a nightmare and, as much as I hate to admit it, is pretty close to impossible at challenge level. I was close to 40 or 50 levels over when I finally beat it.

But making yourself as resistant to Dark as possible helps. It cuts the damage from his health reduce slash. Reallocating your level up bonus for speed helps, too. You almost have to use either Eiki or Kaguya, as they are the only ones who can effectively hurt him; he's weak to Spirit and they both have a defensive ignoring Spirit nuke. While he doesn't have a pattern, per say, he is most likely going to use the health reduction, but he also has a cold nuke (that does literally nothing, its a free turn to heal/buff) and another Dark row attack (this one hurts).

After he falls below half, his strategy changes. He stops using the health reduction, and starts actually fighting. He gains a new move that is the health reduce, but its one target and its very powerful. Your best bet is to buff Eiki/Kaguya (or both) and do everything you can to keep them alive.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »
Or you can use the Yuyuko, Aya and Satori combination, unless I'm forgetting they bestiary symbols, which is most probably the case right now... What does that dark red triangle in Shock mean again?

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »
Or you can use the Yuyuko, Aya and Satori combination, unless I'm forgetting they bestiary symbols, which is most probably the case right now... What does that dark red triangle in Shock mean again?

Red = weak against, blue = strong against.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 03:43:05 PM »
Ah yes, that seems to be the case, but what about the triangles and the circles?

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »
Ah yes, that seems to be the case, but what about the triangles and the circles?

They are for how weak/strong against, not too sure the actual values though, maybe someone else here might have more info.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 03:58:46 PM »
Are there any other places to get the item "Costume - Ninja Head". I've been farming on 20F for a little too long already considering I find the monster that drops it maybe 1/50 fights and it's a 2.5% drop...yea. Any ideas other than praying to RNGesus?

EDIT: Forget all my original post, got the Ninja head very next mermaid I fought. Now a new problem.
I'm missing 2 items that afaik are only from boss drops, The Black Goddess of Fertility, and one of the 20F guards. Mirror i think it was.  Can i get these drops when fighting the V2 battles?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:40:22 PM by Tankotron »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »
Triangle means it's weak to it. I think really weak would be X though? I'm not sure if red circles are even a thing (as far as I'm aware it's red triangles or blue circles, but I'm rusty on LoT2 stuff)

Anyway, since it's so fast, having a shock weakness would make sense. Perhaps you could throw a shock-inducing main equipment on a fast attacker and see how that works out. Those items have weak effects, though, so perhaps... ooh, Orin's Cat's Walk? I think the accessory's ailment chance stacks on moves that already possess it, too. If it's weak enough to Shock, Rin might be able to practically shut down the fight, considering how fast and mp-cheap the move is, and that she has Extra Attack.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:28:32 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 04:39:21 PM »
Here's it's page. Pulled from the previous thread.

It's not weak to shock, it resists it somewhat. Could still work, though, but I wouldn't count on it.

I keep forgetting about Yuyuko's ATB manipulation. She probably won't be able to do much damage, but she is an option based on that. One of these playthroughs, I might actually use her.

For resistances, dark red X is super weak, X is weak, Triangle is kinda weak, circle is kinda resistant, double circle is very resistant and star is pretty much immune.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
Hmm... By the way, do all strengthened bosses have the same drops as the normal ones?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
No, the Strengthen Bosses have no drops.

Also, Eiki is no longer a plant. She's Human now. Just a random thing I noticed going through the bestiary.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 04:58:10 PM »
Alright, then there is no point in doing them at the challenge level, right? And I assume the Strengthened Boss Rush has no drops either?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »
You still get the Stat Gems for doing it at level. And there the whole challenge of beating it at recommended. Victory feels hollow when you just super overlevel and smash through it with no difficulty.
Except Shredding and the two 20F Strengthen Bosses. They deserve it.

Not sure about the rush, though. I haven't beaten it yet.

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
About Shredding Amnesieri...
I remember when I've beaten him it was on my first encounter at lv122 Kaguya had 10 MP MAG SPD gems and 200 MAG/SPD level.

Just loaded my 1.1x save after the last boss to fight him again.
Now trying lv122 without gems and every stats lv100 like everyone.

The more the battle last the faster he gets.
At some point he's so fast at 7500 ATB I lose to his 6xxx ATB (can't put safely a glass canon he will get a turn even if switched right after his turn, like 100xx vs 1000x) with -50% SPD DBF (thanks Hina... but I need more).
So it's a luck-based damage race or a trick lies undiscovered.

Also tried Rin with Cat's Walk, Extra attack and the SHK main-equip with Reisen on the front to reduce his ailments resistances.
He very rarely gets shocked, less than 1/10.

Didn't try anyone outside of Kaguya and Eiki yet.
Hope some can deal good damage to rush him and allow to take risks but from what I've read...

Quote from: ViciousYukkuri
You still get the Stat Gems for doing it at level. And there the whole challenge of beating it at recommended. Victory feels hollow when you just super overlevel and smash through it with no difficulty.

Not sure about the rush, though. I haven't beaten it yet.
The only Strengthen Bosses close to him would be the Glowing Azure Giant well seeing how our teams are different I can't really judge.

The Strengthen Boss Rush is not hard, but tedious.
The hardest bosses are the 2 wasps because you can't afford risks, I had to make a semi tank/damage dealer.
Once I defeated them, everything has gone as planned, the battle took me 1 hour (retries not included ;_;).

Quote from: Tankotron
I'm missing 2 items that afaik are only from boss drops, The Black Goddess of Fertility, and one of the 20F guards. Mirror i think it was.  Can i get these drops when fighting the V2 battles?
There's no unique sub-equip in the page 5 except the last one you can't miss, you will find them later in some chests can't tell you where though.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:18:54 PM by Leerius »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »
The gems are a little tempting, but it's not like I'm too overleveled. I can be overleveled enough to have a fun fight. Although that's hardly how I roll in RPGs, in this case I wanted to beat them fairly quickly so I can play the other new bosses, which I'm hoping are fun, not just luck-needing battles(without grinding).

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 07:01:38 PM »
Would it be a fair fight considering that I've finished everything in 1.202 then going back to 1.201 to make Shredding respawn and defeating it with everything I have in 1.202 except changing the lowering the current party level to the challenge level or do I need to do something else?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 07:04:09 PM »
Defeating everything at level and below to get the Stat Gems is really one of the more reliable ways to get them, and getting them throughout the game is always nice, especially on Hard Mode where you're forced to be at level anyways, so you'll always be getting them. Granted, they don't provide a massive boost (they boost growth by 0.2 each, which unless you have a high level and multipliers isn't too much), they're not necessary, but hey, it's something.

Speaking of Hard Mode, still going through my Hard Mode run. The Magatama and the Mirror on 12F were annoying, and yet Tenshi I still beat on my first try thanks to debuffs, Heavy, and Hina. After finishing this I'm probably going to try a Team 9 synergy run and see how far I get before I get overwhelmed.  At the very least some of the difficulty is overridden by the fact I can focus all of my money on their stats and overgrind if things go south since I am not masochistic enough to try a synergy run on Hard Mode.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:47 PM »
I gave Kaguya 10 MP MAG and SPD gems it felt like I could kill every boss with her, as long as they don't resist to MYS/NTR/SPI else Yuugi with 10 MP ATK SPD if they resist.
... or Eiki.

They really make a difference between "recommended level with gems" against "recommended level without gems".
But we don't need as much as we can get through the entire game.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:36:02 PM by Leerius »

Sahgren

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 07:50:47 PM »
I'm starting to think that it's time for me to get back to starting that Hard Mode run I claimed I was going to a while back. Guess I'll need to rebuild the team.

And shouldn't we have a link to the translation thread in the first post? It just seems like a convenient thing to have.
Edit: Also, the ver. 1.202 link in the first post doesn't work.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 08:01:23 PM »
Try it now, should be fixed.

E: Derped about the translation thread. Link added.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:28:56 PM by ViciousYukkuri »

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2013, 09:17:38 PM »
I've noticed a spelling error in Satori's surname in the English patch, it says Komeji instead of Komeiji.
Mwahahahahha!

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
Just confirming here, but the fourth scroll you need for Byakuren is a random drop on 14F, right? I want to try to get her and Yuuka (maybe even Flandre if I'm high enough level), but since I never got her in my first run, well...

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand I just got it. Whew. That was kind of annoying, although it did level everyone around three or so times, so I can't exactly complain.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:48:58 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 11:16:14 PM »
Just confirming here, but the fourth scroll you need for Byakuren is a random drop on 14F, right? I want to try to get her and Yuuka (maybe even Flandre if I'm high enough level), but since I never got her in my first run, well...

Yes, that's correct.

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 04:22:27 AM »
Would it be a fair fight considering that I've finished everything in 1.202 then going back to 1.201 to make Shredding respawn and defeating it with everything I have in 1.202 except changing the lowering the current party level to the challenge level?

So I did this,
Spoiler:
Suika has around 63k ATK stat, Yuugi has around 59k ATK stat. Both of them with buff were able to deal more damage than Shredding's regen.

jaxter0987

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 08:21:29 AM »
That wasn't what I meant. Anyway, if you're looking for strategies, did you check the previous thread last page? There is a screenshot of it's bestiary page and people were suggesting Eiki.
My bad then. It certainly sounded like that's what you meant to me.

So basically in the end, I just have to play better since I already use both Eiki and Kaguya regularly as part of my main team.

I also don't know about the rest of you but since the 1.151 patch until the most recent patches, I've just been killing the final boss over and over again to get the stat gems. It drops one per run, which isn't stellar, but its basically an infinite source of stat gems, other than HP MP and TP increasing stat gems which it doesn't seem to drop.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:23:03 AM by jaxter0987 »