Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 240775 times)

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2013, 04:54:30 AM »
Oh yup, that would be my problem, heh.  I know I didn't add that from the recent patch.  That's what I get for being in a rush to update.  Many thanks for the help.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2013, 09:21:29 PM »
Alright, I got as much of the postgame stuff down as possible based on what I remember and what I've gotten so far. I won't be able to do much more, I'll be without internet until New Years.

Also, holy crap, Divas are broken.
Spoiler:
I killed the cookies by poisoning them, then locking down their turns with Mystia as a Diva. Her Instant Attack let me switch her out then back in to get the turn delay off at any time. The first one summoned the others, and that's all that happened. It was a long and very boring battle.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:07:05 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »
Uh, hello :V
Quote from: touhou wiki
The Poisonous Wasp, Glowing Azure Giant and Memorized Knowledge stand out as being particularly difficult
I'd like to say that The Poisonous Wasp and Memorized Knowledge can be permanently stunlocked by Orin. Same goes for 14F extra area boss.
Spoiler:
Despite his super blazing speed he didn't even get a single turn, because Orin goes first anyway. Also, Yuuka basically solo'd Staring Igmaruji. 100k+ damage per flower shot, extra attack and he couldn't do anything to her at all.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2013, 06:10:27 AM »
Uh, hello :VI'd like to say that The Poisonous Wasp and Memorized Knowledge can be permanently stunlocked by Orin. Same goes for 14F extra area boss.
Spoiler:
Despite his super blazing speed he didn't even get a single turn, because Orin goes first anyway. Also, Yuuka basically solo'd Staring Igmaruji. 100k+ damage per flower shot, extra attack and he couldn't do anything to her at all.
I'm interested in hearing how Memorized Knowledge can be stunlocked by Orin. It is immune to all status ailments except debuffs so how was it stunlocked? I could see that being the case with the Wasp since it is relatively weak to Shock.

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2013, 06:30:19 AM »
I'm interested in hearing how Memorized Knowledge can be stunlocked by Orin. It is immune to all status ailments except debuffs so how was it stunlocked? I could see that being the case with the Wasp since it is relatively weak to Shock.
He is NOT immune to shock (game's bestiary shows neutral resistance, and he is actually very weak to Silence. The normal version is indeed immune to everything, but not the strengthen version.) and he is slow enough for Orin with a shock item to somewhat reliably inflict it. At least it gave me plenty of time to smash him with Flan. He would have finally gotten his first turn after Flan's, but he didn't live long enough for that :V You can also bring Sakuya with Private Square to give Orin even more time to trigger it, but I didn't need it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 06:45:48 AM by Solmyr2000 »

jaxter0987

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2013, 07:30:31 AM »
He is NOT immune to shock (game's bestiary shows neutral resistance, and he is actually very weak to Silence. The normal version is indeed immune to everything, but not the strengthen version.) and he is slow enough for Orin with a shock item to somewhat reliably inflict it. At least it gave me plenty of time to smash him with Flan. He would have finally gotten his first turn after Flan's, but he didn't live long enough for that :V You can also bring Sakuya with Private Square to give Orin even more time to trigger it, but I didn't need it.
I didn't realize there were separate entries for the Strengthen versions....

Should've double checked the bestiary before running my mouth.
On the note of Strengthen Bosses, I don't think we really need to make another guide for them. With the exception of the Magatama, they are the exact same, just a higher level.
Since its just been proven that the Strengthen versions aren't just the regular versions with higher stats, we might want to reconsider making a separate guide for them.
It would make sense, considering that for most of the bosses, your capabilities were limited to the characters available at the time.

Take Evil Nut Eater for example. It had been susceptible to DTH all along but obviously, you wouldn't have had access to DTH when you fought it the first time.

Also, holy crap, Divas are broken.
Spoiler:
I killed the cookies by poisoning them, then locking down their turns with Mystia as a Diva. Her Instant Attack let me switch her out then back in to get the turn delay off at any time. The first one summoned the others, and that's all that happened. It was a long and very boring battle.
I've been busy attempting that strategy without the use of a Diva. I got very close to succeeding, but then Wriggle went and killed the first one using Poison Touch doing 1 damage....

Edit: I re-attempted the strategy just now, making sure to take off Poison Touch and Edokko God of Death from Komachi, and got to the point where they all had 1 HP. The problem? Only my supports were alive and they couldn't manage to deal the 1 point of damage to finish them off T.T

Edit2: Holy hell that took awhile... Now is the music that was playing unique only to that boss or can I expect to hear it again? If it was unique, I'd like to be able to extract the sound track somehow.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 10:42:19 AM by jaxter0987 »

jaxter0987

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2013, 09:32:12 AM »
Welp, meant to edit my last post instead of posting again...

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Sooo I defeated (kinda) the Strengthen Final Boss. I've tried beating it normally a few times, but then I went "Why am I even trying", used every single of my reset books (I didn't touch only Sanae, Aya and Hina, because I needed them) and put every single point into Flan's attack (also using all the stat/skill gems). And then there were none. :3

There's one problem though - I still don't have the 7th subequip at page 6, column 1. I have every other item, but not that.
And I have no idea how it's even possible to get to a certain area (near the stairs to 8F) in the extra part of 9F, it seems unreachable (maybe it's a bug? There are two items in that area, but no stairways, portals, holes or whatever).

About the cookies - I didn't use poison at all (well, Alice poisoned them once, but that didn't do much). Since they're weak to nature, Yuuka ate through their HP fairly fast with Beauty of Nature, and selectively reduced some cookies' HP with flower shot, and then I just finished them all off with Laevateinn  :V That wasn't that long, although I failed once due to that annoying HP=1 move.
I imagine using both Poison and Yuuka for this fight is an nice idea though, since Beauty of Nature powers up status effects. Might make this fight go a lot faster.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:40:29 AM by Solmyr2000 »

jaxter0987

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »
About the cookies - I didn't use poison at all (well, Alice poisoned them once, but that didn't do much). Since they're weak to nature, Yuuka ate through their HP fairly fast with Beauty of Nature, and selectively reduced some cookies' HP with flower shot, and then I just finished them all off with Laevateinn  :V That wasn't that long, although I failed once due to that annoying HP=1 move.
I imagine using both Poison and Yuuka for this fight is an nice idea though, since Beauty of Nature powers up status effects. Might make this fight go a lot faster.
Can't wait until I actually start a NG+ after all this... Like I've said before, there's so many characters that I need to try seriously to see how they fit with my play style.

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2013, 12:17:05 PM »
There's one problem though - I still don't have the 7th subequip at page 6, column 1. I have every other item, but not that.
And I have no idea how it's even possible to get to a certain area (near the stairs to 8F) in the extra part of 9F, it seems unreachable (maybe it's a bug? There are two items in that area, but no stairways, portals, holes or whatever).

You can only get that item via crafting AFAIK and yes it's currently not possible to get to that part of 9F extra (hopefully this means there will be more content updates in the future).

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »
Can't wait until I actually start a NG+ after all this... Like I've said before, there's so many characters that I need to try seriously to see how they fit with my play style.
From my experience, I can say at least that
Spoiler:
Sakuya, Yuuka and Hina are freaking awesome. I didn't use Hina until postgame, but then I did and she's amazing.
Sakuya is an ultimate trash mob clearer, there is no contest IMO - she's fast, powerful, pierces defense, inflicts paralysis, attacks multiple times and has 100% accuracy with Soul Sculpture. She's still good in boss fights, because of speed buff and Private Square which can be a lifesaver in the right situation.
Yuuka is a tank, damage dealer, emergency healer (due to extra attack, Reflowering can trigger multiple times and thus it usually heals much more than 10%. It once healed 70% and it saved the fight because Reimu had no MP just at that time) which regenerates HP and MP and basically always stays at 80-100% allstat buffs, if you throw just one Sanae buff at her. If you make her a Hexer, she'll also be able to debuff (and debuff a lot due to extra attack) and deal damage (some serious damage to Dark-weak enemies) at the same time. Sorcerer Yuuka is better damage-wise if you have a dedicated debuffer like Hina, however.
There's also Flan, who is, well, Flan :V. Gambler Flan deals so much damage, oh my god. Like, several million damage.
I can also mention Aya, but I think everyone already knows what's so good about her.
Other characters were not as impressive, but are also good. This game is much better balanced than the first, everyone is very useful in their own way.

You can only get that item via crafting AFAIK and yes it's currently not possible to get to that part of 9F extra (hopefully this means there will be more content updates in the future).
No, it's not that item. I know about the crafted one (it's also the best thing ever for Flan due to chance of double damage. Double that million or two!), I have it.

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »
No, it's not that item. I know about the crafted one (it's also the best thing ever for Flan due to chance of double damage. Double that million or two!), I have it.

Both the chance to do double damage and chance to receive 0 damage items can only be gotten via crafting AFAIK...

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2013, 01:20:02 PM »
Both the chance to do double damage and chance to receive 0 damage items can only be gotten via crafting AFAIK...
Well, that one I do not have indeed, but it does not appear to be anywhere in the crafting menu. How do you get the recipe?

« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2013, 03:53:10 PM »
Well, that one I do not have indeed, but it does not appear to be anywhere in the crafting menu. How do you get the recipe?

I'm not sure how getting those recipes thing work, but the item should be on the left side at the very bottom of the list (note: not sure about everyone else, but I have 83 items that I can craft, so after pressing up once, I need to press down once to see the 83rd item, which is the one you are looking for).

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »
I'm not sure how getting those recipes thing work, but the item should be on the left side at the very bottom of the list (note: not sure about everyone else, but I have 83 items that I can craft, so after pressing up once, I need to press down once to see the 83rd item, which is the one you are looking for).
Oh, lol, thank you, it was hiding there all along :V That's some weird GUI fail, you can't get it to show unless you're exactly on 81st item and you press down. Pressing up on 1st item moves you to 81, pressing down on 82 moves you to 2nd item.

« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »
Can someone please post the raw character images for Renko and Maribel? I need it to finish the last piece of the LoT1 custom portraits.

No, I can't just use the PNG file on the wiki that has no transparency, that's just ridiculous.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2013, 07:54:41 PM »
Can someone please post the raw character images for Renko and Maribel? I need it to finish the last piece of the LoT1 custom portraits.

No, I can't just use the PNG file on the wiki that has no transparency, that's just ridiculous.
https://www.mediafire.com/?z8s0dzkh8s0nw8k
All images are in there, extracted by Qaz from patch 1.151 (it still has Renko and Maribel with full and small portraits)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2013, 08:52:11 PM »
So I just had a weird idea of making
Spoiler:
Yuuka a monk
. Let's just say that worked well.
I actually killed the Strenghten Final Boss legitimately using her. No, not killed, BRUTALLY MURDERED. Oh wow. That compensates for all of her weaknesses, speed and, most importantly, lets her pierce defence. And her ATK is actually higher than MAG. That might as well be the best build for her. :V
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:55:07 PM by Solmyr2000 »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »
So I just had a weird idea of making
Spoiler:
Yuuka a monk
. Let's just say that worked well.
I actually killed the Strenghten Final Boss legitimately using her. No, not killed, BRUTALLY MURDERED. Oh wow. That compensates for all of her weaknesses, speed and, most importantly, lets her pierce defence. And her ATK is actually higher than MAG. That might as well be the best build for her. :V

This. Just this.

Spoiler:
Yuuka's high ATK is indeed put to good use via the Monk's spellcards, especially since she has Extra Attack backing her up, and can become much faster in a hurry via a fully leveled up Puncturing Thrust(in addition to giving Yuuka an option against Nature resistant foes), Dexterity Training, being good as it is on anyone, is almost godly on Yuuka(Flower Shot with 72% post gauge, Reflowering of Gensokyo with 40% post gauge, and Beauty of Nature with 50% post gauge), and Body Revitalization combines with Majesty to boost Yuuka's stats by 10% with a 4% HP heal every turn(even if she simply uses Concentrate for that turn). Plus the fact that Yuuka's biggest weakness is her TP, which the subclass deals with fairly well.

If I had one gripe about the "Flower Master of Four Seasons" in this game, it would be about her unique special skill, Flowers do not Wither in Gensokyo. If only they would fix it so that it would restore the lower of either her HP or MP, rather than the wonkyness that it is now... Oh well.

Of course, this is coming from the same guy that would state things like "Why the hell does Cirno even have White Album, anyway?" and
Spoiler:
"Eirin's Hourai Elixir doesn't improve from leveling up why?"
, then go on to say something like "If only the game makers would have White Album give Cirno a offensive buff as well, so the spell can actually be useful..." or
Spoiler:
"Couldn't they give Hourai Elixir the power to revive people that improves in effectiveness from leveling up?"
, so...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:09:30 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »
Well, the TP issue is easy to deal with using stat gems, they give plenty of that, but any additional TP sure help.
About Cirno, her defensive stats aren't THAT awful, with some a lot of investment you can turn her into a tank. And that might even make some sense if the only thing you need from her is speed debuff or paralysis.
But, hey, Hina is a tank without much investment and can debuff not only speed, but every stat instead.  :V

jaxter0987

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2013, 03:57:47 AM »
Um... the final boss just dropped Orujasu Shamshir...

I'm going to try to reproduce it but I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to drop anything (Unless you happen to be fighting the Strengthen version which I wasn't).

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2013, 04:44:16 AM »
So, got cooking on exploring the new areas a couple days ago.  The extra stuff in 13F, from what I could explore, didn't amount to much more than some treasure and enemies that were doing quite a number on my team.

Then check out the extra areas of 11F and 10F, mapping both completely.  9F, if that's the floor I'm thinking of, had a rock requiring 48 of something I couldn't get past, then more wandering to find a boss fight next to a waypoint....

Spoiler:
Cookies.  I got my ass kicked by COOKIES.  That's a thing indeed.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2013, 04:46:24 AM »
Then check out the extra areas of 11F and 10F, mapping both completely.  9F, if that's the floor I'm thinking of, had a rock requiring 48 of something I couldn't get past, then more wandering to find a boss fight next to a waypoint....

You need all 48 characters recruited to get pass that rock.

(Unless you happen to be fighting the Strengthen version which I wasn't).

It doesn't drop any items (other than those usual stat gems), the Godly Katana is actually added to your inventory after the first time you defeated the strengthen version.

jaxter0987

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2013, 04:59:53 AM »
So, got cooking on exploring the new areas a couple days ago.  The extra stuff in 13F, from what I could explore, didn't amount to much more than some treasure and enemies that were doing quite a number on my team.

Spoiler:
Cookies.  I got my ass kicked by COOKIES.  That's a thing indeed.
You should work on defeating the Strengthen bosses first. They make up a majority of the requirements to get past rocks in the extra areas.  I'm at the moment, stuck on the last two Strengthen bosses, namely the 20F Magatama and Mirror bosses...

Speaking of which, Toruastory was a joke compared to Shredding. As for the guide on the fight, its basically like the final boss for me. I was far too overleveled to properly gauge what actions I needed to take. One thing I will say is that
Spoiler:
Toruastory's regeneration isn't based on current health. It just flat out regenerates less and less each turn for some unknown reason (I didn't damage it for several turns due to my focus being rebuffing my team and the amount regenerated clearly decreases without any action on my part)
It doesn't drop any items (other than those usual stat gems), the Godly Katana is actually added to your inventory after the first time you defeated the strengthen version.
That's what I thought, so I'm wondering how I randomly got another Orujasu Shamshir while fighting it. So far, I haven't been able to reproduce it but I'll keep trying. I needed more Stat gems anyway. I'll also take back what I said earlier about the final boss not dropping HP TP and MP gems. Seems like I was just unlucky.

Edit: Just poked around in the character pages and noticed a distinct lack of Cold attacks like the first game. Seems like the creators just plain don't like the Cold element...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 05:21:19 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2013, 05:33:48 AM »
I'm at the moment, stuck on the last two Strengthen bosses, namely the 20F Magatama and Mirror bosses...

That strengthen mirror boss is hateful, it has some sort of resist on everything except being weak to silence.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2013, 06:04:11 AM »
About Cirno, her defensive stats aren't THAT awful, with some a lot of investment you can turn her into a tank. And that might even make some sense if the only thing you need from her is speed debuff or paralysis.
But, hey, Hina is a tank without much investment and can debuff not only speed, but every stat instead.  :V

Well, Cirno does seem to have the fastest level up rate this time around(unless the rate for Chen is faster still, no one seems to of listed Chen's level up rate yet), so something tells me that you have to level her up more than most characters to get a similar level of stats from her.

Given that thought, it would seem like Cirno would be most suited to using the Transcendant subclass, as the boosts from that class would become more effective for her because of her fast leveling up(if my guess about the boosts from Body Reinforcement are correct, then maxing out said skill with raise her HP, ATK, DEF, MAG, MND, and SPD growth rate by 3.0 per level, plus the 0.3 growth rate gained from just having the Transcendant subclass), turning her into, well...

Growth rates before Transcendant:
HP: 10.2
ATK: 9.8
DEF: 6.8
MAG: 9.8
MND: 5.4
SPD: 9.4

Growth rates after Transcendant:
HP: 13.5
ATK: 13.1
DEF: 10.1
MAG: 13.1
MND: 8.7
SPD: 12.7

And this is before you add her Speed Boost Skill or anything else to the mix with her rapid leveling. "Strongest Fairy" indeed.

As for Hina, all that's needed for her is to stick a Hexer subclass with Hexer's Conversion turned on, and her Biorhythm of the Misfortune God becomes a powerful means to restore all of her HP and MP, on top of her usual Misfortune Reversal buffing her up, making her into a very effective Mind tank.

Also, for the sake of actually being able to quote the technical stuff from the previous LoT2 thread(the stuff that isn't already on the wiki, at any rate), I'm posting this stuff here, from Validon98's post(and I'm forced to learn how to make a table from scratch, since I can't see the format of the code that was used to make the blasted thing, grumble grumble)...

Subclass Growth Rate Boosts

HPATKMAGDEFMNDSPDMPTP
Guardian0.8--0.40.4--4
Monk-----0.6-6
Warrior0.60.40.4----4
Sorcerer----0.40.422
Healer----0.4-2-
Enhancer----0.4-2-
Hexer-----0.433
Toxicologist0.4-----24
Magician----0.40.26-
Pharmacologist0.8---0.4-24
Strategist---0.40.4-24
Gambler-0.40.4-----
Diva0.4----1.0-4
Transcendant0.30.30.30.30.30.3--

There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2013, 06:38:21 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone already knew this, or if it was already the case, but Hexer's Conversion now has only a third of its effect only on Hina.
Signature

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2013, 06:50:59 AM »
Well, Cirno does seem to have the fastest level up rate this time around(unless the rate for Chen is faster still, no one seems to of listed Chen's level up rate yet), so something tells me that you have to level her up more than most characters to get a similar level of stats from her.
Chen's is faster, my Chen is level 206, while Cirno is only 201.
So I just maxed out all Cirno's stat skills, gave her all 10 of all stat gems and a Transcendant subclass. Yeah, that's pretty impressive. Her DEF growth becomes on par with Tenshi's, while having faster levelups.  :V
Well, Rinnosuke is better for that kind of investment, his stats become pretty monstrous if you give him that,
Spoiler:
but who needs Rinnosuke anyway

That strengthen mirror boss is hateful, it has some sort of resist on everything except being weak to silence.
That boss is painful, I found the Magatama to be much easier this time around. At least you can damage that one, while mirror can only be harmed by Eiki pretty much (and she inficts silence which, combined with debuffs, actually allows other characters to damage it, but that doesn't last for long).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:10:55 AM by Solmyr2000 »

jaxter0987

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
Chen's is faster, my Chen is level 206, while Cirno is only 201.
So I just maxed out all Cirno's stat skills, gave her all 10 of all stat gems and a Transcendant subclass. Yeah, that's pretty impressive. Her DEF growth becomes on par with Tenshi's, while having faster levelups.  :V
Well, Rinnosuke is better for that kind of investment, his stats become pretty monstrous if you give him that,
Spoiler:
but who needs Rinnosuke anyway
I'm tempted to actually use Rinnosuke and see just how far into late game do I need to be for him to be useful. Obviously going to need to slap Warrior / Sorcerer on him so he can at least attack, but with high boosts costing more, he won't become relevant until late game when you have the skill points to level them. Something to think about after my third run through of the game...
That boss is painful, I found the Magatama to be much easier this time around. At least you can damage that one, while mirror can only be harmed by Eiki pretty much (and she inficts silence which, combined with debuffs, actually allows other characters to damage it, but that doesn't last for long).
I don't even care that Eiki is the only one who can damage it, I have issues with even surviving the damned thing. It's multi-target Fire and Cold nukes hurt even my tanks with full defensive buffs on and 200+ resistance... and it has Half Moon Slash (multi-target HP to half), if I recall, which makes relying on Komachi to tank is much more of a hassle than it usually is.

I'm fine with long dragged out fights but when the boss can take out Wriggle and Byakuren (both of which are specced to tank) in two hits, I think I have a problem.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:46:13 AM by jaxter0987 »

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2013, 12:59:01 PM »
I don't even care that Eiki is the only one who can damage it, I have issues with even surviving the damned thing. It's multi-target Fire and Cold nukes hurt even my tanks with full defensive buffs on and 200+ resistance... and it has Half Moon Slash (multi-target HP to half), if I recall, which makes relying on Komachi to tank is much more of a hassle than it usually is.
In my experience, once it reaches around 50% HP, its nukes get way, way more powerful. Before that they are not that dangerous and Reimu with barrier and healing can neutralize them.
You really need to rush to kill it once it gets past this point, but because it's so hard to damage, it becomes a serious problem. You really need luck with this one, if it uses its nuke twice in a row you're screwed, if it doesn't you may have a chance. :V
Speaking of luck, I won this fight basically by Flower Shot repeating TEN times while the mirror had silence status on it (thank you, extra attack). I don't think I could have managed it without that. So yeah.

I think this mirror might be the hardest boss in the whole game, even the Strengthen Final Boss is not that hard. Where else could you find an enemy with super-high defence, super-high damage and no elemental vulnerabilities whatsoever (and it's not even NEUTRAL like the final boss, it RESISTS everything).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:22:08 PM by Solmyr2000 »