Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 240768 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »
My bad then. It certainly sounded like that's what you meant to me.

So basically in the end, I just have to play better since I already use both Eiki and Kaguya regularly as part of my main team.

I also don't know about the rest of you but since the 1.151 patch until the most recent patches, I've just been killing the final boss over and over again to get the stat gems. It drops one per run, which isn't stellar, but its basically an infinite source of stat gems, other than HP MP and TP increasing stat gems which it doesn't seem to drop.

Maybe pump some hp into your damage dealers might help? Even from leveling down, my Suika and Yuugi had at least 10k+ hp and the boss is cutting away hp at minimum of 3k+.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 09:01:37 AM »
Shredding is a nightmare and, as much as I hate to admit it, is pretty close to impossible at challenge level. I was close to 40 or 50 levels over when I finally beat it.

But making yourself as resistant to Dark as possible helps. It cuts the damage from his health reduce slash. Reallocating your level up bonus for speed helps, too. You almost have to use either Eiki or Kaguya, as they are the only ones who can effectively hurt him; he's weak to Spirit and they both have a defensive ignoring Spirit nuke. While he doesn't have a pattern, per say, he is most likely going to use the health reduction, but he also has a cold nuke (that does literally nothing, its a free turn to heal/buff) and another Dark row attack (this one hurts).

After he falls below half, his strategy changes. He stops using the health reduction, and starts actually fighting. He gains a new move that is the health reduce, but its one target and its very powerful. Your best bet is to buff Eiki/Kaguya (or both) and do everything you can to keep them alive.
Looks l just have to farm more stat gems. I also can't wait until I get Byakuren up to a level where giving her a subclass can actually be useful possible. I've noticed that with the Strategist's Inspiration Plan ability, Byakuren can stay topped off at 100% buffs. I initially considered giving her the Transcendent subclass but since I haven't been using her offensively, that seems less useful.

Edit: I just noticed that they nerfed Komachi's HP... T.T
Also, version 1.203 is out. I also just noticed that
Spoiler:
Maribel has the only non elemental attack in the game. Not sure how useful that may be yet but that key trait certainly made her a lot more appealing to me than her LoT1 counter part.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:32:16 PM by jaxter0987 »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »
Spoiler:
Maribel has the only non elemental attack in the game. Not sure how useful that may be yet but that key trait certainly made her a lot more appealing to me than her LoT1 counter part.

Spoiler:
Maribel is actually really strong in this one. Her non-elemental move has a good bit of power to it, she has a party heal and her second move has a high chance of shock. If you use her and Renko both, she gets HP and MP regen on top of it. I put her in to try her last playthrough and never took her out.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:23:46 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

jaxter0987

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 04:25:39 PM »
Spoiler:
Maribel is actually really strong in this one. Her non-elemental move has a good bit of power to it, she has a party heal and her second move has a high chance of shock. If you use her and Renko both, she gets HP and MP regen on top of it. I put her in to try her last playthrough and never took her out.
Spoiler:
I'm going to assume you meant a party wide "buff" that's not really a buff, instead of a party heal but regardless, her abilities look absolutely great, specifically Ability to See The Boundaries. Treating enemy buffs as if they were debuffs could potentially mean that enemies can be "debuffed" past 50% which sounds amazing. Even if their "debuff" is still capped at 50% by technicality, that's still great on bosses that like to buff themselves. Ability to Slightly Fiddle with Boundaries is also very nice and Rapid Charge gives me a reason to actually invest in Grand Incantation (I never invested in it before since I tend to be fond of glass cannons that shouldn't be out for more than a turn).
She's certainly someone I need to try whenever I finally get through the post game content and finish my synergy run, which will be finished after defeating the Final Boss (I don't even want to attempt using my Synergy team in the post game, save for maybe the first boss rush.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:47:55 PM by jaxter0987 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 04:44:04 PM »
Spoiler:
I'm going to assume you meant a party wide "buff" that's not really a buff, instead of a party heal but regardless
When you level it up, it heals too. The wiki doesn't say this for some reason!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
Annnnnnd I finally beat the final boss on Hard Mode. Whew! It mostly involved spamming Leaning Iron Mountain with Byakuren, Suika, and Remilia until it died. Holy crap that was a bitch and a half but I finally did it. And now I can try to kick it's ass with my full strength, do the postgame stuff, plus I can start my Team Nine synergy run (which is going to probably suck but hey, I'm up for a challenge with this game)!

Edit: ...Is it just me, or is the fact that the Boss Rush does not include Touhou bosses and ends at the Magatama of the High Gods... disappointing? I would have liked it to go from the beginning to the end with every boss like in the first game, but... well... okay then, if you say so.

Second Edit: Okay, uh... anyone know what this event does or is? Do I need BP for it, or...?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:20:18 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2013, 01:45:55 AM »
Spoiler:
This is the event that will disappear after you beat the super-bosses on 16F, 17F, and 18F. After you defeat them, that event won't be blocking your way.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2013, 02:00:45 AM »
Spoiler:
As in the Strengthen Bosses? Alright then. I just have to get a high enough level to beat them all... I was able to beat the 16F FOE before the final boss, but when I so much as attempted the extra area or any of the Strengthen Bosses... yeesh.

In other news, the Baka Brigade is going strong. Just getting the first level of Team 9 on everyone is amazing. I have slightly more hope for being able to do this. ^^;

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2013, 02:54:04 AM »
Spoiler:
As in the Strengthen Bosses? Alright then. I just have to get a high enough level to beat them all... I was able to beat the 16F FOE before the final boss, but when I so much as attempted the extra area or any of the Strengthen Bosses... yeesh.

Spoiler:
Not really, you need to defeat those 3 special bosses, which will also require you to defeat the 12 strengthen bosses, which require you to defeat the boss rush on the east side of 20F.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2013, 03:02:16 AM »
Spoiler:
Oh, the Deformed Bosses. Right. I'm trying to figure out the correct order to do everything in and apparently it's Boss Rush, Strengthen Bosses, Extra Areas/Deformed Bosses, Strengthen Boss Rush, 21F Bosses, Strengthen Final Boss. That about right?

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2013, 03:50:13 AM »
Spoiler:
Oh, the Deformed Bosses. Right. I'm trying to figure out the correct order to do everything in and apparently it's Boss Rush, Strengthen Bosses, Extra Areas/Deformed Bosses, Strengthen Boss Rush, 21F Bosses, Strengthen Final Boss. That about right?

Seems to be right, except there is no boss or any monster at 21F, currently it's just there to make strengthen final boss appear.

Edit: You do need to fight 4 bosses in those extra areas to unblock those rocks at 21F though.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:06:43 AM by ditt93 »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »
Not to ask a dumb question, but can someone point me to the 1.203 english patch please if they can?
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

jaxter0987

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »
Not to ask a dumb question, but can someone point me to the 1.203 english patch please if they can?
Translation Thread

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »
Translation Thread
Thanks Jax! Now I need to finish the game and kill the final boss.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2013, 12:44:14 AM »
On a separate note, anyone interested in starting to add some new stuff to the wiki, like the new content and the stat formulas? I can add some stuff but not really anything related to the postgame.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 01:48:09 AM »
On a separate note, anyone interested in starting to add some new stuff to the wiki, like the new content and the stat formulas? I can add some stuff but not really anything related to the postgame.

Once I kill the last Strengthen boss, which I'm doing as I type this, I'll start on the extra bosses. Expect the three Deformed bosses sometime tomorrow.

On the note of Strengthen Bosses, I don't think we really need to make another guide for them. With the exception of the Magatama, they are the exact same, just a higher level.

E:
Spoiler:
Condition to recruit Maribel is to have Renko. Can I get someone to confirm or deny before I put it on the wiki? I know I had Maribel earlier last game, but that was a previous version, so getting her before Renko may have been a glitch.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:22:44 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2013, 02:29:12 AM »
I've already changed the 21F name on the wiki since people seem to like the one suggested in the translation thread, and I'll add the stat related stuff in a similar way to how it was done on the LoT1 page, since I found it. I'll also add a "postgame" page for the boss rush, etc. I won't be able to add everything since I'm not that far in the postgame, but I can at least set up the bare bones.

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 03:13:03 AM »
E:
Spoiler:
Condition to recruit Maribel is to have Renko. Can I get someone to confirm or deny before I put it on the wiki? I know I had Maribel earlier last game, but that was a previous version, so getting her before Renko may have been a glitch.

Spoiler:
Can't help since that time I already have Renko and only found Maribel while randomly wandering around, need someone without Renko to keep checking 11F for Maribel's event.

jaxter0987

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2013, 04:15:15 AM »
Before that, we should actually write a guide for the final boss first.

I had planned to do it once I finished my synergy run, since I would have had to beat it without using too many characters that are considered top tier. This way, I could have objective views on the final boss and write a proper guide. That, and the fact that I was already over leveled, and didn't want to go through the trouble of fiddling with the level unification and Voile to get a proper feel for final boss.

I think it should be a priority over post game content.

Edit:
Maybe I'm overlooking something pretty obvious, but I honestly can't figure out what "floor" is referring to in the stat formula:
The final values of each stat are calculated as follows:

HP/ ATK/ MAG/ DEF/ MND = floor(floor(Base Value) * Multiplier)
    SPD = floor(floor(Base Value) * Multiplier) + 100
What it seems to be is a nested function but then what exactly is the "floor" function calculating?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:38:38 AM by jaxter0987 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2013, 04:37:33 AM »
The floor function is just rounding to the lowest integer.
Also I see your point on the final boss. I can note down the phases and such, but as for actual strategy I think I'd leave that for someone who is better at... strategizing. I mean, for Hard Mode I basically had Byakuren, Suika, and Remilia plug away at it with Leaning Iron Mountain until it died.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:39:49 AM by Validon98 »

jaxter0987

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2013, 05:35:08 AM »
Before that, we should actually write a guide for the final boss first.

I had planned to do it once I finished my synergy run, since I would have had to beat it without using too many characters that are considered top tier. This way, I could have objective views on the final boss and write a proper guide. That, and the fact that I was already over leveled, and didn't want to go through the trouble of fiddling with the level unification and Voile to get a proper feel for final boss.

I think it should be a priority over post game content.
What I forgot to add to this was, "Since the new patch, I've been too busy going through the post game content to finish my synergy run."

The floor function is just rounding to the lowest integer.
Also I see your point on the final boss. I can note down the phases and such, but as for actual strategy I think I'd leave that for someone who is better at... strategizing. I mean, for Hard Mode I basically had Byakuren, Suika, and Remilia plug away at it with Leaning Iron Mountain until it died.
I'm not exactly much better, at least for this particular fight. I tend to just have Kaguya spam Swallow's Cowrie Shell. Everyone else is there to support her, either through buffing, debuffing the boss, healing or inflicting Poison / Heavy.

There obviously should be some strategy involved, seeing as the boss uses World Shaking Military Rule, as well as Great Calamity and Great Ruin at specific HP thresholds, but I couldn't be bothered to mess around with my main file to actually develop one.

And aside from me whining about how lazy I am, I've also noticed that the final boss has had some of its behavior patterns changed since 1.151 so even if I really wanted to, I'd still have to figure out whats different.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2013, 02:38:52 PM »
I'll get the final boss, too, while I'm writing the Deformed and Extra bosses' stuff.

I just need someone to get the money and experience from the Deformed guys. I, in my fatigue last night, forgot that you can't see it from the bestiary and forgot to write down Staring Igmaruji's XP/money. I also need someone who is that far to check what Aria-Singing Toruastory gimmick/strategy was.
Spoiler:
I remember he had percentage based regen, but the fight went by so fast, I don't remember if he did any statuses, if he buffed or anything like that. I wasn't overleveled, so maybe this fight is just easy.

E: Whew, Deformed Bosses and final boss are done for now. I'm also dropping the final bosses Drops. All bosses drop gems and training manuals when defeated at the challenge level, so it's unusual that he's the only one with the gems listed.
E2: First extra boss down. I just put it on the floor its on (11F), similar to how the Bloodstain Bosses are with the first game.
Spoiler:
Wow, I didn't notice his main nuke was non-elemental the first time...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:08:08 PM by ViciousYukkuri »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »
The Ame-no-Murakumo has gem drops listed because he drops one of them randomly when defeated, regardless of level.

EDIT: On another note... I swear these recommended levels for the Strengthen bosses are way too low. I only managed to beat the one on 1F through a bit of luck and Flandre with Lavatein and Gambler. The one on 3F... holy crap, that thing is fast and overall just aaaaaaaagh.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:04:31 AM by Validon98 »

jaxter0987

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2013, 12:38:54 AM »
EDIT: On another note... I swear these recommended levels for the Strengthen bosses are way too low. I only managed to beat the one on 1F through a bit of luck and Flandre with Lavatein and Gambler. The one on 3F... holy crap, that thing is fast and overall just aaaaaaaagh.
For the one on 1F, I just stalled while spamming DTH inflicting spells. It's one of the few bosses that doesn't have immunity to DTH. I'll tell you right now that the one on 3F is much worse than its paralyzing counter part on 4F. In fact, its the worse Strengthen boss yet until you reach Strengthen Memorized Knowledge in my opinion.

Speaking of Strengthen Great Intellect,  just freaking spent the last hour meticulously switching my characters just to get one attack in before having to switch them out to avoid Ether Flare. It can kill Komachi in one hit with a 100% MAG buff so I also had to meticulously switch in someone to debuff its MAG as well as its SPD... I am NOT looking forward to the Strengthen Boss Rush holy crap...
The Ame-no-Murakumo has gem drops listed because he drops one of them randomly when defeated, regardless of level.
All bosses drop at least one gem regardless of level. Having never actually beaten a boss at challenge level, I can only assume that they drop more gems when fought at challenge level.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:31:26 AM by jaxter0987 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2013, 01:25:36 AM »
Oh, really? In that case... I think I'm going to skip that one until later, then come back to it because that speed is just... argh.
In brighter news, made it to 4F with the Baka Brigade. So far, not too bad, not too bad.

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2013, 02:34:50 AM »
For the one on 1F, I just stalled while spamming DTH inflicting spells. It's one of the few bosses that doesn't have immunity to DTH. I'll tell you right now that the one on 3F is much worse than its paralyzing counter part on 4F. In fact, its the worse Strengthen boss yet until you reach Strengthen Great Intellect in my opinion.

Speaking of Strengthen Great Intellect,  just freaking spent the last hour meticulously switching my characters just to get one attack in before having to switch them out to avoid Ether Flare. It can kill Komachi in one hit with a 100% MAG buff so I also had to meticulously switch in someone to debuff its MAG as well as its SPD... I am NOT looking forward to the Strengthen Boss Rush holy crap...All bosses drop at least one gem regardless of level. Having never actually beaten a boss at challenge level, I can only assume that they drop more gems when fought at challenge level.

Actually, the strengthen boss rush might be easier depending on how you play it, since all new bosses will start with 0 action bar(except that 1 time those 3 orbs somehow didn't all start from 0, might have been a bug) and you get to keep your buffs and current action bar, just need to make sure your front line characters are not in bad shape.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:38:46 AM by ditt93 »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2013, 03:45:13 AM »
Been awhile since I played, but I plugged in the new update to check it out a bit.  Ended up making past the 88 achievements or whatever needed to get past a rock I couldn't previously go past on 20F so I'll check that out next time I play.

Probably a silly question forthcoming here...but was I just crazy, or did the requirements for getting past a rock in the northwest part of 20F change?  Part of me feels like it was something around the lines of needing 2m yen stashed up or whatever to get past it in the past.  Now it required 24 of something which I had.

Also...is there's supposed to be nowhere to move after taking either staircase past those 12F rocks I couldn't get past in the version I previously played (Ver 1.150 I think I last played, maybe 1.151.  Want to say they were by the main boss of that floor)?  Because it allowed me to get past the rocks when I went to examine them after applying the latest update, then I went up the staircases and found myself in an empty void, unable to move unless I went back to town.  Seemed like there were events and so on there so...maybe I didn't add everything provided by the latest update?  I dunno.

Anyways, looks like I get to grind to take on these new bosses that appeared because they all more or less wiped my party in record time (Levels around 125-145 right now, complete estimate).
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2013, 04:27:50 AM »
The 20F rock requires 240000 money or more.
As for the 12F rocks, there should be something there, not an empty space. You sure you're up to v1.203?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2013, 04:43:43 AM »
240000 eh?  Guess that'd explain it.

And yeah, I'm at 1.203 for sure.  I know I go past either rock on 12F, head to the staircase on either side, take it, and I end up in what's essentially a void.  I can see the stairs I just took next to me.  I think I even saw some events in the void, but I can't move and have to warp back to town.  I'll see if I actually added everything from the patch download when I play a bit tonight.  If not, I can provide a pic of my minor predicament tomorrow.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2013, 04:45:11 AM »
If you didn't add the data folder, that would be your problem. The data folder is what contains the files that determine where you can actually walk in the dungeon.