Author Topic: Touhou Input Display (thinput) - Release v2.1.0  (Read 29929 times)

Drake

Re: Touhou Input Display (thinput) - Release v2.0.0
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 11:32:00 PM »
An actual new version (2.0.0) has dropped! Download in the first post.

I've switched how the input bit vector read to an all-manual configuration so they are specified entirely by the config for each game. This simplifies the difference between pre-11 and post-11 input, and resolves the mapping issues with 9.5 and 12.5 (as described in an earlier post).

I've also allowed for manual configuration of individual button sizes, so they aren't all necessarily the size of the button image. Check below for an example.

Additionally, I stopped images from being reloaded from disk on each keypress (as also described in an earlier post), and I removed the ReadProcessMemory message on game close, so the program just silently quits when you close the game. Neither of these were significant but they were annoying me.

Basically, usage is exactly the same. You can continue using the previous version as it works just fine, but there's also no real reason not to use the new version.

Sorry for my reply,
is there a way to change the size of the buttons?
e.g. Slow Button shows not so long as it should be on the keyboard.
With this new version, something like
Code: [Select]
[Buttons]
Shot = 49, 0, 24, 24
Bomb = 74, 0, 24, 24
Slow = 0, 0, 48, 24
Skip = 0, 25, 30, 24
Up = 150, 0, 24, 24
Left = 125, 25, 24, 24
Down = 150, 25, 24, 24
Right = 175, 25, 24, 24
might better approximate real key size. Play with it as you will.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:46:18 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »
Will you release the source code for this? Or have you already?
Not that a signature matters.

Drake

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2018, 05:26:23 PM »
The honest answer is that the program is a hacky compiled AHK script so I'm a bit embarrassed by it and the source might not be as useful as one would expect. Like I say in the OP it expanded out from a much simpler personal project which is the only reason it stayed as AHK, but I'm sweeping that under the rug. If I were to remake it with something like C#, which I should, I don't have any problem with it being open-source.

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2018, 11:04:06 PM »
The honest answer is that the program is a hacky compiled AHK script so I'm a bit embarrassed by it and the source might not be as useful as one would expect. Like I say in the OP it expanded out from a much simpler personal project which is the only reason it stayed as AHK, but I'm sweeping that under the rug. If I were to remake it with something like C#, which I should, I don't have any problem with it being open-source.
AHK is a great framework though. I have a custom volume OSD that's written in AHK, as well as AHK scripts to enable borderless fullscreen and to force-hide the mouse cursor.
I think it'd be cool to release the AHK source (with maybe some cleanup if it's really that embarrassing) before rewriting it in a different language/framework.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Drake

Re: Touhou Input Display (thinput) - Release v2.1.0
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2018, 04:22:00 AM »
Added 16.5 support. Updated link in the first post.

You could also simply add the relevant address to thinput.ini:
Code: [Select]
th165.exe,  0x4B1308, 01345679