Author Topic: Danmakufu TLC and MPP not working  (Read 3288 times)

Danmakufu TLC and MPP not working
« on: November 02, 2014, 05:40:24 PM »
I can't get either Mystical Power Plant nor The Last Comer to start up... MPP has a lifeless white screen... the capture.pgn shows what it looks like. For TLC i get this error as showcased in capture2.pgn ... i also get another error shown in capture3.pgn. Please i would love your help. Oh by the way yesterday i downloaded MPP, it worked fine back then...

1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu TLC and MPP not working
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:01:49 PM »
I hope that you are running the executable in the TLC/MPP folder.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 08:23:44 PM »
I don't have danmakufu.exe for TLC, but for MPP i have... yet it doesn't work. The capture4.pgn is for MPP.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:26:33 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 08:27:43 PM »
I don't have danmakufu.exe for TLC, but for MPP i have... yet it doesn't work.

You should be running TLC in 0.12m and MPP with its own executable.

Where did you get the games, and did you run in Japanese Locale? One of the errors suggests you did something weird with where you placed the TLC folder.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 08:36:43 PM »
For TLC i use the 0.12m and i also run MPP with it's exe. I got the games from the Moriya Shrine website. Then i looked for their respective english patches... which i believe was here... for MPP the patch didn't do anything wrong, since it worked fine the day i patched the game/ yesterday. For TLC it probably has to do with the way the forder was placed because when i extracted it, some files didn't get extracted, instead winrar showed a corrupted archive message ( some files did get out to the folder )

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 09:00:16 PM »
For TLC i use the 0.12m and i also run MPP with it's exe. I got the games from the Moriya Shrine website. Then i looked for their respective english patches... which i believe was here... for MPP the patch didn't do anything wrong, since it worked fine the day i patched the game/ yesterday. For TLC it probably has to do with the way the forder was placed because when i extracted it, some files didn't get extracted, instead winrar showed a corrupted archive message ( some files did get out to the folder )

I hope that you clicked the "Official Download" or "Official Link" instead of the mirrors? If you indeed got the actual game from axcf, then you need to unrar/unzip/whatever in Japanese Locale. There is a tutorial for that somewhere on RaNGE. The TCL mirror was created such a long time ago that I can't help you very much if you are using it - it never ran correctly for me, and I patched it manually since I didn't know how to merge folders at the time.

As for MPP, I don't know why you're getting the white screen.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »
I wonder if the folder's name where MPP is stored has something to do with the issue. Could you try to rename it to something meaningful?
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 09:17:15 PM »
For TLC i didn?t use the mirrors... so apparently i need to unzip the files while in Japanese locale...

Update: Still says it's corrupted...

Edit: That might work... the name it currently has is " ???v???+??v1.00d "

Edit2: It worked for MPP! Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:20:41 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »
About TLC - does it work at all before you apply English patch?

Upd: actually, the link on Moriya Shrine is outdated so it's better to get the latest version from developer's website.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:43:22 PM by Necrotek »
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 09:58:36 PM »
About TLC - does it work at all before you apply English patch?

Upd: actually, the link on Moriya Shrine is outdated so it's better to get the latest version from developer's website.

O_o I didn't know that there was an actual 1.00a release... even though it happened like a year ago.

(BTW, the links have been fixed and should all point to the developer's latest version for TLC now)

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 11:09:37 PM »
It works, thanks Necrotek and Sparen, thanks to you two these two games now work fine! I have finished MPP in the mean time and i  am currently downloading Marine Benefit

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 11:16:37 PM »
It works, thanks Necrotek and Sparen, thanks to you two these two games now work fine! I have finished MPP in the mean time and i  am currently downloading Marine Benefit

Now THAT's a game you will want Japanese Locale for...

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 11:30:27 PM »
There doesn't seem to be an english patch for it... i will try it anyway. I am also downloading Spell card Collection.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:13:28 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »