Author Topic: Thoughts on The World Ends With You  (Read 19443 times)

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
Re: Thoughts on The World Ends With You
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 01:51:33 AM »
The fact was it was very easy to put conflicting badges in with very similar if not the same method of input. It was easy to use the wrong move and as a result get horribly slaughtered. Anyway, I beat the game, won't touch it again.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 03:14:40 AM »
The fact was it was very easy to put conflicting badges in with very similar if not the same method of input. It was easy to use the wrong move and as a result get horribly slaughtered.
And the game provided subslots so you didn't overlap the same command.  Plus, you could just be careful about the order - I always had my Shockwave pin first, because it was the most useful psych in the main game.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 11:36:47 AM »
The fact was it was very easy to put conflicting badges in with very similar if not the same method of input. It was easy to use the wrong move and as a result get horribly slaughtered.

It could also be taken advantage of very well with some Pins. Like if one pin ran out you could go into another attack.

I always had my Shockwave pin first, because it was the most useful psych in the main game.

Actually I would place it as one of the best Pins in the game. It seemed to work longer than the other Pins with the same Psych and the lack of a Brand made it consistently useful. (Especially in Pork City)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 04:24:33 AM »
Actually I would place it as one of the best Pins in the game. It seemed to work longer than the other Pins with the same Psych and the lack of a Brand made it consistently useful. (Especially in Pork City)
I meant a Shockwave psych pin, but yeah, the original pin is still damn good.  One of the good things was that the combo was shorter = more flinch = less damage to your face.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

StriderTuna

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 11:14:39 PM »
It's rather nifty; though  I wouldn't say it'd be the DS's overall best RPG, though you have to play it with a open mind (Very unconventional)

Though I also Imagined a Touhou spoof of this, taken to some silly levels. Why? Alice is the only character who's remotely serious; everyone else is going on absurd tangets. She's also the Neku of the game (more anti-social than emo)

Who's Sho? Yuyuko, who is called Pi(e)-Face and the Cherry planter. (She's prone to eating pies and randomly panting fully grown cherry trees randomly) and no one knows if she's insulting them with lines like "Ara ara, aren't we zetta slow today."

But I think I'll save the rest for another topic in the fan works section.

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:36 AM »
I found the game pretty fun.  I really enjoyed playing the first two weeks, although the third week felt tacked on, and I did have to force myself a bit to finish it.  The replayability is also pretty good.  The bonus chapter is pretty good, and the items/bosses you'll find when looking for the secret reports do add to the experience. However, some of the other bonuses require some grinding, which can take a long time if you don't look at a guide.

Probably the best thing it introduced was the user-controlled difficulty that you could change at basically any time, and I do hope that the general positive feedback of this game inspires more developers to consider options like it.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 12:27:32 PM »
Probably the best thing it introduced was the user-controlled difficulty that you could change at basically any time, and I do hope that the general positive feedback of this game inspires more developers to consider options like it.

Clearly you have never played a Tales of game.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 08:40:09 PM »
I have not, and there may be other games out there that have attempted this that I'm not aware of.  But still, it's an idea I hope becomes more widespread.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:43:36 PM by LiteYear »