Author Topic: Touhou - Lunatic No Miss No Bomb Thread II: The Revival [last updated 2015-4-6]  (Read 50433 times)

Re: Touhou - Lunatic No Miss No Bomb Thread II: The Revival
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
He's gonna get EoSD any day now as well, I think.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 11:19:35 PM »
Trust Remi to be there with the fire extinguisher.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2014, 01:22:07 PM »
Added EOH's DDC LNN to the list.

Watched it live last night. Pretty intense!

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 01:41:35 PM »
That's awesome. Did he use a microphone? If so, what was his reaction like?

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 04:13:54 PM »
Alright. Bunch of updates.

Added EOH's MoF LNN, IN LNN (FinalA with all caps).

The close calls section also has some new additions. I added EOH's FinalB LNN (failed three of Kaguya's last spells) and SOC's MarisaB PCB LNN (with border break on spam).
SOC never released the run, but he did sent it to me personally in the past. I thought the run was very impressive, so I thought I'd share.

Also. Wow, that MoF section is getting crowded.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:17:16 PM by Mino ☆ »

Oh

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2014, 06:11:05 PM »
Sharing it might be a bad idea. He might have sent the replay to you personally, but the fact that he didn't upload it himself means that he would prefer it not publicized.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2014, 11:19:50 PM »
No love for PoFV, huh? :( Nevermind, I doubt it's possible in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:26:21 PM by Yomihime »
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

chum

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 11:27:40 PM »
Bombs are detrimental in PoFV. I'm sure There are a whole truckload of NMNB runs out there with Aya or Medicine, but nobody labels them as such since it makes no sense.

No Miss/No Spell would make a little bit more sense, but there are runs like that too and nobody cares about those either.

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 11:34:53 PM »
Bombs are detrimental in PoFV. I'm sure There are a whole truckload of NMNB runs out there with Aya or Medicine, but nobody labels them as such since it makes no sense.

No Miss/No Spell would make a little bit more sense, but there are runs like that too and nobody cares about those either.
If PoFV NMNB runs are rather common, I think it makes sense. Btw, do the Japanese care about PC-98 games?
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2014, 01:13:37 AM »
I think no damage no bomb would make the most sense for PoFV, seeing a death in most Touhou games is getting hit (which just causes damage in PoFV); meanwhile, PoFV spells have more in common with GFW ice. But I'm not sure if there would be much point to keeping track of those either. There doesn't seem to be any obvious definition, anyway.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2014, 03:19:24 PM »
Added EOH's 1MNBNR PCB to the close calls (I'm not lonely anymore! :o )

He died to Lunasa's first nonspell. Mostly just because, ReimuA.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2014, 05:04:48 PM »
Added EOH's PCB LNNN, all four of Rori's PCB LNNNs (which were public), and I added Rori's and Suiren's MoF LNNs.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »
I'd recommend re-uploading those replays files in Dropxbox or something less dubious than ux.getuploader.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »
I'd recommend re-uploading those replays files in Dropxbox or something less dubious than ux.getuploader.

I don't really see the point. It shouldn't be too hard to download the replays off of ux.getuploader, considering it should be obvious what button to click in order to start your download.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »
It used to not open for me in any browser, my previous ISP blocked it for whatever reason, so I thought it could happen somewhere else. Plus, the player can delete the replays for any reason, like some players do in Royalflare or even Axfc. Haven't seen it happening in ux.getuploader, but I wouldn't really trust them (and I don't think there's actually a policy against re-uploading somewhere since that's the main reason Touhouwiki reuploads replays on their own site).

Oh

« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2014, 10:45:37 PM »
It's their replay. They can delete them as they wish.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2014, 02:13:09 PM »
Actually ignore that, since most of them are in Royalflare they could delete them anyway, and it'd be annoying to re-upload every single one. Let's hope they don't delete them though. I'd still prefer if they were reuploaded to ensure safetiness, but it's up to you Mino. (Royalflare has a History thing that keeps them, but sometimes it fucks up and links to wrong things if the replay is deleted) I just went paranoid for some reason that they'd delete at ux.getupload, idk.
Spoiler:
i blame kopiapoa
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:46:53 PM by Jirachi »

chum

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »
It's their replay. They can delete them as they wish.

I don't understand this argument. They've uploaded their replay, that means that we can download it and keep it. That also means we're free to do as we wish with the replay, including sharing the replay or uploading the replay somewhere in order to preserve it.

You guys already have a thread keeping track of these runs. Why not make sure the runs are preserved and not deleted?

Oh

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
Oh chum.

How would you feel if someone took your replay and uploaded it to a public uploader without you knowing?
Direct linking should be fine. If you really want to, download every replay and save them offline might be a better idea.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:09:54 PM by Denoa »

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2014, 04:47:38 PM »
I just noticed it actually happened to Miduki's EoSD which was already re-uploaded to Gensokyo; and EOH's ReimuB close call, but it's still accessible in Royalflare's archive. But that archive can't always be trusted since sometimes new replays get the same name as old ones, and IN doesn't have an archive page.

chum

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2014, 05:20:17 PM »
Oh chum.

How would you feel if someone took your replay and uploaded it to a public uploader without you knowing?
Direct linking should be fine. If you really want to, download every replay and save them offline might be a better idea.

It's just a replay, so I wouldn't feel anything in particular. Even if I tried to see it from the point of view of someone who would mind... I can't accept that viewpoint. The wiki documented all kinds of high scoring runs. It wouldn't be very different for someone to document as many LNN runs as possible. It's a cause that I don't have any moral objections towards. If someone doesn't want to have their replay documented, they could've simply not shared it in the first place. If you think it's morally wrong to upload someone else's replay, that they shared publicly, then please explain why cause I don't get it.

Oh

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2014, 05:33:20 PM »
I always thought it was bad behavior to upload any replays that isn't your own.

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »
Because this's internet. People see, download and share your replay(s), showing your stuffs to public is the reason why one would upload theirs in the first place.
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

Oh

« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
That is for people to download, not upload.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2014, 09:56:48 PM »
I only thought it was bad behavior to claim credit for replays that aren't your own.

For archiving purposes I don't really see a problem with it honestly, unless the replay was sent specifically in private in which case it's not exactly very respectful to turn around and show everyone.

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »
If PoFV NMNB runs are rather common, I think it makes sense. Btw, do the Japanese care about PC-98 games?
Nope.  From what I understand it's mostly due to the fact that no one owns them (there's only a few hundred copies made) and the strong anti-piracy views in Japan.  There were a few good players out there, but I'm not sure if any of them are active anymore.

« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2014, 01:25:53 AM »
Looks like PCB is the first game to be LNN'd by all its shottypes...

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2014, 02:25:15 AM »
Looks like PCB is the first game to be LNN'd by all its shottypes...

MoF will be next once someone gets MarisaA.

Oh

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2014, 02:55:56 AM »
MoF will be next once someone gets MarisaA.

10/10 I laughed

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2014, 06:07:40 AM »
Oh chum.

I agree with this sentiment. While deleting the download at this point might be deemed pointless, I'd assume that the original uploader have their reasons for taking down the replay. Regardless of how pointless those reasons might be to others, they are something that should be respected.
Reasoning that it's on the internet anyway and thus may be circulated as third parties deem fit is the exact mindset that can make the internet a terrible place to begin with.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:05:19 AM by Lepetit89 »