Author Topic: Genius of Sappherios Zansyo/Weekend  (Read 168116 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Genius of Sappherios Zansyo/Weekend
« Reply #840 on: December 30, 2013, 03:45:03 AM »
I think Gold Cloth is a Stage 21 (gorgon barrier) random-boss item that you forge into Golden Cassock or whatnot. It's been awhile but I remember the final upgrade for it being kind of godly? High resists across the board and mp regen, I think. You really need high resists to everything on everyone in order to not die horribly in the extra dungeon, or some other prevention method. And planning out on how you're going to manage MP.

I think actually making use of the ability to switch team members mid-dungeon might be the weirdest part, though. Normally it's not something a person would ever really do, but there's nothing stopping you, and in the endurance dungeon there's a lot of people who become dead weight after their mp runs low and you can't just use a healing circle... or if their lives run low, obviously.

Last set of recipes is at 15k kills.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:51:31 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #841 on: December 30, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »
Mh? You need zeus' robe to forge the golden cassock. Guess I'll go ahead and forge it anyway. The problem with it is that the final upgrade for it is some recipe I don't seem to have. Are the sacred clothes some recipe you get after the endurance dungeon akin to some accessories?

MP regeneration, eh. Yeah, it seems like that'd be important. Some characters have a fairly easy time with it - like Sanae. Guess I gotta put some thought into that one, then.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #842 on: December 30, 2013, 02:13:40 PM »
Most of the heavy armor users can't really regen MP otherwise, I think. And no... only two accessory recipes are obtained from the dungeon. You've fought the final postboss and talked to Akyu again, right? I just rememembered you get more recipes for encountering it. Don't think you need to beat it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #843 on: December 30, 2013, 03:47:56 PM »
oh, haha. okay. I didn't know that. got them now, saw I need a lot of materials. what's the best place to farm elemental spheres? I need like...a lot of them. also some more korindou quests, I suppose. which means I have things to do now.

I could probably beat the final boss already. the one attempt I gave it ended on its last phase with my first and last party. since I can have 3...I think I could do it now. but what would be the point of the endurance dungeon then? Silly.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #844 on: December 30, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »
The final postboss is vastly easier then the endurance dungeon. The point of the endurance dungeon is just, well, as the "ultimate" challenge, more or less.

The accessories never really had much of a point, since if you can get them, you shouldn't have any issue with anything in the game anymore. But it's nice to actually have -some- kind of reward lying at the end, isn't it?

Elemental spheres... I don't remember what drops them. Your best bet is probably farming elementals for shards you can forge into one, though. Bottom of stage 22 to find elementals, I guess?

« Reply #845 on: December 31, 2013, 12:31:32 AM »
Are the sacred clothes some recipe you get after the endurance dungeon akin to some accessories?

I got the names wrong. Zeus Robe --> Golden Cassock --> Sacred Clothes. Sacred Clothes is the best heavy armor and probably the best armor you can possibly get. 3 MP regen and 100 HP regen or something. You probably want to farm for Zeus' Robe twice as both Golden Cassock and Sacred Clothes are better than most of the ultimate heavy armor that you can wear.

I could probably beat the final boss already. the one attempt I gave it ended on its last phase with my first and last party. since I can have 3...I think I could do it now. but what would be the point of the endurance dungeon then? Silly.

As Serela said, endurance dungeon is just a bonus. You can easily wipe the floor out of the final boss before you can take on the endurance dungeon.

At this point I also made every really good accessory. Regalia, Kagami and Magatama, Milky Way Curtain III/IV, Gale Mantle IV, Hakurei Ribbon, Dragon King's charm, Dragon Scale, Zephyr Mantle III/IV, Border of Invulnerability and Immortality, Creator's Charm, Sun Curtain IV, Moon Curtain IV, and of course every IV and V for the stat-up accessories like Rage Choker IV/V etc. Again, anything you feel I am missing and should craft before I enter the endurance dungeon? I'd like to come fully prepared.

I forgot to mention, make sure someone uses the Yata no Kagami, that is not the same as Regalia, it has one extra resistance (star resist vs void) that Regalia does not provide. That is important, because there are enemies that use void damage.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #846 on: January 13, 2014, 12:49:31 PM »
After getting back to it (Lakebed temple really sapped away my motivation) i'm kind of stuck at 3 maids. Any advice? I figured 1st can be pretty much murdered by Mokou with Fujiwara Volcano spam, but 2nd and 3rd give me hard time here.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #847 on: January 13, 2014, 05:19:43 PM »
The shellfish is probably the easiest apart from Mokou simply murdering the blowfish to hell and back. She can take awhile to wear down, but she's not too tough if you've got a decent amount of support around.

That being said, I forget strategies as it's been so long... a cramped formation for the shellfish so Reimu can AoE heal the whole party all the time is good, though, plus since she charges her strong attacks in advance Reimu can protect your party; and using Fantasy Heaven if she does the double bomb refill charge is important to make sure you can take her down first. You can use the staff dispel skill (Recovery or whatever) to dispel her elemental barrier if you have a not-Laser Marisa or an elemental Nitori in this party, but Patch is probably in the other for the sake of manipulating fire.

You get to concentrate your important party members on the octopus. I'd say Alice is practically a must for this one, especially since you don't need her for either of the other fights. You -need- to keep fire land at least at a small blip on the land gauge, if not more, to stop Maelstrom from being able to Instant KO your party members. Once you deal with that, blindness, and making sure Alice can sufficiently protect your party (Use Blunt Resist accessories if you need to!), you shouldn't have a problem. IIRC her actual weakness is elec, not fire, but it's been a long time so peek at the wiki or something about that if you don't know. Nitori and Sakuya can help blitz her out and Patch isn't half bad for damage either IIRC, and Sanae in addition to Alice/Patch probably makes this fight trivial, but I also recall her evasion not being half bad, so you probably have to prepare some accuracy in some form. She shouldn't be too hard to tank it out against if you're prepared like this, though. Just make sure you don't put so many strong members in this party that you've got almost nothing good left for the shellfish.

Their names... >_>; I'm almost positive the shellfish is Kagami. The octopus is... Chi... something...? (I think it had a yuri or tori or something but that doesn't with with the Chi right) I think the blowfish might have been Akane >>;; Of course, their names aren't terribly important, but...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:28:08 PM by Serela »

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #848 on: January 13, 2014, 07:22:50 PM »
Well, thanks. After some experimenting with party setups, skills, growth points and the like finally beat them.
Akame. Used Mokou, Sakuya, Youmu. Murdered by Fujiyama Volcano. Sakuya/Youmu were here just for some bonus damage.
Chihiro. Reimu, Sanae, Byakuren Satori, Aya. Pretty much killed by heavily buffed Mad Thunder (Amplifying Scroll + Wind of Prayers). The fight i had the most trouble with. Everyone had 50-75% water resistance, so i could survive most of her water attacks including her opener. Then Sanae spammed party heals and Reimu used Super Duples Barrier (phys) and Satori kept using Mad Thunder and Aya was simply here for some negligible damage.
Kagami. Alice, Patchy, Marisa Nitori. Was also quite easy. Alice spammed Marionete Parrar and Little Legion (gave her Hades Amulet to pretty much negate her dark nuke), Marisa and Patchy were throwing fire spells and Nitori chase them.
All in all was quite fun.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #849 on: January 13, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »
Yeah, Kagami isn't so bad so you can generally just throw whatever you have together. If you use Alice for her she pretty much can't touch you, making it so Sanae/Reimu are open for moving into Chihiro's fight if desired.

And Akame isn't so bad since Mokou by herself is practically enough to blitz the fight out :V

I forgot about Mad Thunder, it's murder on the octopus. You probably should have used Byakuren's MAtk buff, though, since it's a good chunk stronger then Sanae's and you didn't really have other magic attackers. Between Super Duplex and Aya's evasion spellcard you probably could have negated most of the physicals entirely.

Regardless, if you won, it certainly worked well enough~ :D

« Reply #850 on: February 04, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
Omg, Iku's fight wasn't pretty. This is pure luck bullshit and gambling on rng. I've beaten her on my ~20th attempt. Without Alice. =)
But on my final attempt it was a quite enjoyable if somewhat nervewrecking boss fight.
I remember Sakuya could probably solo this battle, but I am not sure if she can outdamage her 666 Regen when ELE Land is maxed, this of course is with base auto-attack damage (without damage stacking). I think it is possible if Iku runs out of MP in moderate time. Besides Regen and Physical Barrier she has 1 Million Amperes in her moveset and can summon Oarfishes. Setup (I wish I would have keep a save before every boss...):

Claymore: Negates Stun (includes Shock thus = Instant Death), Slayer (125%) on Aquans + Hunting, Damage is 250%.
Shield: Atmospheric Shield, if Iku runs out of MP fast Lancer's Shield is better (supposing she doesn't spam summon)
Thunderclap Breastplate: 40 HP ELE Regen when ELE Land maxed
Accessory: Stormhead Amulet or Raiden Ring (25% ELE Damage Received)
Commander: Sanae, aids healing, up Sakuya's World Activation significantly

Mikazuchi's Armor requires an Electric Crystal which only first appears in the following stage, even though the player should be able to synthesize 5 Electric Shards into an Electric Crystal after having defeated 2500 monsters, this synthesis isn't available until the post-game sadly (you can obtain these as rare drops prior so is mostly pointless).

I know no one would ever bother with this since an important point was to have Satori learn Mad Thunder early in this battle, but it comes to notice when all the equipment Sakuya gets up to that point showed as if it was given to battle Iku.
I have a question about those annoying barrier-changing skeletons, i.e. Heins. What triggers barrier change and is there some sort of pattern to the element they barrier change to? I've seen them use barrier change on the first turn or never use it at all through the fight. Is it based on land levels or something else? Or is it just random? Because it's not fun to fight them. At all.
Random, is just in their moveset and is usually their first move like many enemies who also have one, but in rare occasions they will choose another one instead. They can be inflicted with Instant Death and Petrify (though this last with less success I believe).

-
-
There is also an advanced version with 4 times its HP and higher PDEF/MDEF.
Well, thanks. After some experimenting with party setups, skills, growth points and the like finally beat them.
Akame. Used Mokou, Sakuya, Youmu. Murdered by Fujiyama Volcano. Sakuya/Youmu were here just for some bonus damage.
Something funny from this is that damage isn't really needed, Alice can solo this battle and almost completely negate Akame's 10000 Needles damage, the highest damage skill up to that point and almost for the entire game (Alice barely takes damage above 1 digit), Akame will run out of MP and Alice is free to auto-attack her, she is unbeatable as long as she has Poison Immunity.

Of course again no one would waste Alice in this battle, even alone, she's just too valuable of a member, like Sanae later becomes.