Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 260594 times)

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
This is quite an extremely interesting development. It seems that
Spoiler:
wherever Suzumi goes, story revelations seem to follow them.

That does make me worry about their gameplay,
Spoiler:
if they are as grossly OP as much as they are in BPoHC. Can somebody confirm this?
Speaking of which,
Spoiler:
are they unlocked in the same way as they are in BPoHC (i.e., complete EX/EX+α with everyone else)? That would sound especially tedious for EE, since you need to unlock Tsubakurami to do so anyways.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
...Oh, just looking over at RMS again, looks like there was an option added to fix your selected character, so you don't swap at all. It prevents you from registering high scores though, dunno if it prevents unlocking Extra, but that's... an interesting change. Weird way of doing solo runs.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle

That does make me worry about their gameplay,
Spoiler:
if they are as grossly OP as much as they are in BPoHC. Can somebody confirm this?
Speaking of which,
Spoiler:
are they unlocked in the same way as they are in BPoHC (i.e., complete EX/EX+α with everyone else)? That would sound especially tedious for EE, since you need to unlock Tsubakurami to do so anyways.

As far as I can tell, their shottype is
Spoiler:
basically the BPoHC one, minus the Upgrades? of course.

In regards to
Spoiler:
how to unlock them, you indeed have to complete EX stage with Tsubakura in EE, but for EMS and RMI, completing the EX stage once with any shottype will do the trick~
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
...Oh, just looking over at RMS again, looks like there was an option added to fix your selected character, so you don't swap at all. It prevents you from registering high scores though, dunno if it prevents unlocking Extra, but that's... an interesting change. Weird way of doing solo runs.

With some experimentation, I can say that it does change up the character dynamics somewhat.

Every character still share the others' inactive abilities (so solo Sukune will always get a full screen clear after filling the flash bomb gauge, except this now happens everytime instead of every other time, and solo Yaorochi will draw jar spirits towards Sukune at the bottom). This makes Saragimaru especially fun since you get to spam their flash bombs much more during Jar Zeniths.
Spoiler:
I'm curious, what does Suzumi get as their "inactive" and Jar Zenith bonuses?
Spoiler:
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Spoiler:
I'm curious, what does Suzumi get as their "inactive" and Jar Zenith bonuses?
Spoiler:
No passive ability, but they get a bomb for each Jar Zenith that ends without getting hit. this results in   m  a  n  y      b  o  m  b   .   .   .   .

Re: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)
« Reply #605 on: October 16, 2017, 07:58:31 PM »
As far as I'm aware this whole 'bomb regeneration' is pretty wonky

It actually works even during cutscenes and scoreboard. You can just wait it out and get a new bomb for the next stage or boss. Can be helpful if the game isn't easy enough for you with them, but it did help me a little when trying Unreal first time in RMI.

Been enjoying the updates so far and it was a nice way to revisit said games again, can say that much.
No.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »
To be honest...I kinda enjoyed the updates at first? But thinking about it more lately...I'm just...feeling really conflicted about how JynX is handling
Spoiler:
Suzumi
, and even Len'en in general...  :(

« Reply #607 on: October 20, 2017, 04:12:45 AM »
This is a good excuse to go back and replay these games.

Some the updates are minimal, but one thing that bothered me is that certain sound effects aren't nearly as loud as they once were. Spell card declarations, lasers, parts of Tenkai's survival, your character's shots...even the menu sounds are a bit muffled. It doesn't ruin it, but it does diminish the crazy moments like Shion's final spell.

« Reply #608 on: October 20, 2017, 08:18:37 AM »
This is a good excuse to go back and replay these games.

Some the updates are minimal, but one thing that bothered me is that certain sound effects aren't nearly as loud as they once were. Spell card declarations, lasers, parts of Tenkai's survival, your character's shots...even the menu sounds are a bit muffled. It doesn't ruin it, but it does diminish the crazy moments like Shion's final spell.

ah so it wasn't just with me!  And here was I thinking my sound card got buggy with the new RMI patch or something.  Yeah it feels kinda underwhelming that the sounds are so low, considering Jynx' music tends to have a lot of louder moments, the equally-loud sound effects really make the fights great (Second half of the game especially!)

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #609 on: October 20, 2017, 03:56:37 PM »
To be honest...I kinda enjoyed the updates at first? But thinking about it more lately...I'm just...feeling really conflicted about how JynX is handling
Spoiler:
Suzumi

How so?

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #610 on: October 27, 2017, 06:19:22 AM »
I perfected RMI stage 5. (The old, "unbalanced" RMI.)

That ending was really dank, how did I even live.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #611 on: October 27, 2017, 09:44:10 AM »

« Reply #612 on: October 29, 2017, 07:31:03 AM »
After playing Suzumi on EMS and RMI, they feel very underwhelming. I was expecting a nearly broken shot...but instead, got something that's marginally useful. 5 bombs is a plus, but I have to be missing something.

I didn't get them in BPoHC, so I don't know how much better they were. I did 1CC EMS Unreal with them, but didn't have the will to get through the TLB with such a shot.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #613 on: November 01, 2017, 09:16:45 PM »
Today, finally i picked up the EE new version. Got a Yabusame normal 1cc. I gotta say,

does anyone feel the updated version to be easier? And no, it's not about the flash bomb, but rather the danmaku density. At least in normal modo.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #614 on: November 01, 2017, 11:12:29 PM »
Lo' and behold, we have... well, something.

If this is pertaining to Monochrome World, then yaaay. If not, then whatever it is will still be considerably interesting.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #615 on: November 11, 2017, 05:40:52 AM »
sorry about the doublepost x,x

Aniversarry time! \o/
Spoiler:
the graphic has worrying connotations ;oo

Also, New game announcement!
連縁カフェ ~ BOOK of the CAFE

It appears to be a sort of Diner Dash-like food-serving simulator, confirmed to be released on iPhone and Android devices and then maaaybe eventually on iPhones and/or hopefully browsers.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:56:20 AM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #616 on: November 11, 2017, 05:51:44 AM »
oh no

oh NO!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

i've, held out for so long, w/o putting any games like this on my phone, b/c i just Know i'd end up constantly f5'ing them, but this is gonna be the thing thAT DEMOLISHES MY SELF-RESTRAINT

e: oh also
confirmed to be released on iPhone and Android devices.
Just Android for starters, specifically. Then iOS and/or browser versions if people like it.

e2: lmao ALSO there's this
Quote from: JynX on twitter back in like april
You might think "cafe management" means it'll be a fluffy side-story sort of game, but it's actually planned to be a majorly important entry in the Len'en series. And, like, stuff.

god i am So Ready for this incredibly high-stakes cafe drama
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:08:37 AM by gilde »

« Reply #617 on: November 11, 2017, 09:56:09 AM »
oh no
e2: lmao ALSO there's this
god i am So Ready for this incredibly high-stakes cafe drama

I heard that the last level requires you to serve Three Parfaits and Fourty Cakes flawlessly to Suzumi or else you literally get murdered on the spot. \o/

Then the game deletes itself forever and blocks you from re-downloading it again \o/!

Heh, jokes aside this is NOT what I'd've -ever- expected to be released as a Len'en game.  Like, seriously.  It's kind of mind boggling, but also awfully adorable so there's no way  I won't try it.

Suffice it to say, I wonder how intuitive it'd be for a non-Japanese-speaker to pick it up.  Danmaku games are pretty simple, but a Caf? Management game?  Hmm...

Nonetheless, I'm intrigued and excitedly looking forward to hearing more about this!

« Reply #618 on: November 11, 2017, 08:21:39 PM »
Jynx did say he was interested in making a len'en cafe game a couple months ago. Still... even knowing that I'm totally surprised. High stakes parfait filled drama
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #619 on: November 13, 2017, 12:39:36 PM »
Spoiler:
Suzumi
What do you mean? It's kind of like being conflicted about Reimu coming back in Touhou. I mean
Spoiler:
Suzumi
is basically the main protagonist of Len'en... right?
Jynx did say he was interested in making a len'en cafe game a couple months ago. Still... even knowing that I'm totally surprised. High stakes parfait filled drama
I kind of felt exactly the same way. 

Knowing JynX it's probably going to be a good game, but I wonder just how much will be put into it. Appearently it's going to have some extra story bits and a battle system alongisde the typical cafe tycoon gameplay and it sounds... interesting to say the least. I mean originally BPoHC was that kind of game for me which I've played a little bit of every single day, even when I knew there's nothing new to find. With BotC (guess that's our new acronym) it might be even more like that, maybe.

As long as it's own thing and it will do it great I won't mind JynX doing more from. Some games have fighting genre spin-offs, Len'en has cafe tycoon! Tbh as long as the story will be alright, gameplay fun, music still brilliant (kind of worried there what style JynX will use this time, the same from the previous games or something 'shop' like) and we might get a new important character or two - I probably will still play it a lot. There goes my 2 cents.
No.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #620 on: November 13, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »
What do you mean? It's kind of like being conflicted about Reimu coming back in Touhou. I mean
Spoiler:
Suzumi
is basically the main protagonist of Len'en... right?I kind of felt exactly the same way.

Not protagonist, but a character central in the lore. They had a vital interaction with at least one of the two central characters (Tsubakura/Yabusame). I'm sure Jynx wanted to give them a bit more exposure for being so important.

Isn't the best comparison, but it's like Okina being central in the creation and order of Gensokyo, despite being just introduced into the cast.

« Reply #621 on: November 13, 2017, 04:14:58 PM »
Not protagonist, but a character central in the lore. They had a vital interaction with at least one of the two central characters (Tsubakura/Yabusame). I'm sure Jynx wanted to give them a bit more exposure for being so important.
Sorry, I was just trying to be sarcastic about the fact that they have the most appearences out any characters in Len'en as of late.
Spoiler:
Besides, Len'en Project has only one protagonist and we all know that's Clause
Spoiler:

Isn't the best comparison, but it's like Okina being central in the creation and order of Gensokyo, despite being just introduced into the cast.
Well they are both technically good examples of Remember the New Guy trope although both take it to the extreme
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:21:20 PM by Popcioslav »
No.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #622 on: November 29, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »
So I barely beat EMS AbEx (v1.01) with Kuroji. But when I checked the replay it desynced on Blitz Spark...

Back to grinding then. This time I'm going to live-record all my attempts, just in case.

EDIT: This time I caught it on camera.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:28:22 AM by DarkPermafrost »

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #623 on: February 19, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Vote for 7 of your favorite tracks.

Direct link to the questionnaire, open until March 1st.

Maybe not relevant to many people on _this_ forum, but there's a Chinese patch for EMS

Baidu link

« Reply #624 on: March 08, 2018, 11:21:49 PM »
Hey, I'm the one who's been working on the EE/EMS patches, and am currently working on an RMI patch... although I've been running into difficulties on that end.

The string 初期自機を選んでください (displays when selecting the character that will be in the lead when starting an RMI run) isn't editable through any of the .txt files, leading me to have to use a hex editor... but the space given only lets me write Initial char before the next pointer that starts on the dashed lines. Does anyone know how to somehow find and change pointers in a hex editor so I can circumvent this problem and get the dashed lines elsewhere?

That being said, here are the fresh and newly updated EE (ver03 for 1.11) and EMS (ver02 for 1.11) patches.
EE: https://mega.nz/#!AhgRGAhI!mUlTXGungkFNQx1YWBpcx3q4mtBmkcVPFiRwlyhKhN8
EMS: https://mega.nz/#!MxAkUIKS!O4KB2uD-4jTsw1RYd0x8-hxS6U8pSoapS1ZyXVTM4ik

Edit: Managed to get it working; big thank you to Necrotek for helping out and telling me how to get it to display!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:29:57 AM by Katapanini »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #625 on: March 10, 2018, 07:54:08 AM »
Oh hey, JynX made a YouTube account and uploaded alpha footage of Book of the Caf?
Spoiler:
's battle mode?? Apparently we're Megaman Battle Network now.

I can only assume this is tying into the "high-stakes caf? drama" that we have been promised with this game.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
« Reply #626 on: March 10, 2018, 08:02:12 AM »
This is...unexpected, and yet...expected? That's all I'm gonna say for now.

EDIT: Really not feeling it with those aesthetics, JynX... >_>;;
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:39:34 AM by ☆ Kana ☆ »

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #627 on: March 10, 2018, 01:39:09 PM »
Really not feeling it with those aesthetics, JynX... >_>;;
JynX is trying to replicate a pop-up story book feel with the battle field, but I do agree with you that it could be a little better (course it's in its alpha stages so who knows, it'll probably change later on).
Other than some more animations (especially for idle stances), the lineless art style would look better if there was some shading to it.

« Reply #628 on: March 20, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »
For what it's worth, he's doing basically all of this from scratch. He's not MIG or bunaguchi or anyone like that, he's just JynX.

The whole Yoshi Story thing is a good idea though. Hope it turns out well.

« Reply #629 on: June 03, 2018, 02:07:46 AM »
It looks like EE, EMS and RMI got updated again!  Version 1.20a.

I can't read japanese so I'm not sure what's changed this time.