Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 260472 times)

If I didn't miss any, it uses MS UI Gothic, Meiryo, MS Mincho and HGPゴシックE.

Problem solved

Thanks a lot !  :3

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
Read the title as "Last Game" and got worried. But google translate of his blog says he IS moving on from Len'En. Is that accurate?
No one has answered this, and I'm very curious myself.

I believe the blog says that the name of "鏈縁" will be dropped in favor of "れんえんシリーズ" (Len'en Series), but at the same time, JynX also says the next game will take a new direction, so I'm not really sure what to make of it...
I took to his twitter to look for any clues, and I found this tweet, which seems to say that he will begin work on the next installment little by little (this tweet was 3 days after the RMI release).
What this implies, or if my translations are off, I'm unsure of.

While looking at his twitter though, I also found this tweet that says JynX is considering download sales for users in other countries :D

Oh, that's actually pretty good. If he's renaming the series (or changing the way it's written, or however you want to describe what he's doing) that at at least implies he intends to continue working on games. I've grown pretty fond of some of his characters ^_^

But yeah, my guess] is that he intends to make a phantasmagoria type game next, since he showed intrest in making a Len'En one (in his RE: PoDD post) and it would continue with the touhou-like pattern he's been following (EE=EoSD, EMS=PCB, RMI=IN). But it's just a guess...
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Sorry for bumping the thread in advance, guys!

I was just wondering if the story has been translated somewhere.  the Touhou Wiki's translation is almost entirely incomplete, and I'm very curious about what exactly is the game all about!  I know a bunch of ghosts/spirits showed up, and that's about it.  What's Shion's relationship with them?  And what is the whole story behind the extra stage?

Anyone knows of it?  I really wish I could read at least the newer characters' profiles' translation!

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
(Dat loong absence :V)

I apologise for the bump, but given this is here, I don't feel the need to make a new thread.
Anyway, This is a video of someone beating RMI's AE mode.
Put bluntly, I'm not sure if it's a TAS or not. It doesn't have any of those lol-micro-movements you see in some frame-by-frame TAS and the person has made some mistakes I feel probably wouldn't happen in a TAS. But it also has some dodges that I feel 99% of people wouldn't be able to pull off at all.
... Maybe someone who could watch it or understand the description could tell us if it's a TAS or not? I'm not really great at spotting things beyond the obvious.
If it isn't a TAS, one should note the FPS fluctuates in the video, at ~30-ish when spellcards are declared and in particularly dense points.
EDIT: Seen other videos posted by Uda including EE's absurdly ex with both characters which leads me to believe it isn't a TAS.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:41:22 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
It's hard to tell from the video-- as you said, the game does slow down rather frequently, including remaining at around 40fps throughout the boss battle. It's not evident whether that's just the recorder slowing the replay, or if the game was played with (perhaps unintentional) slowdown due to lag.

The dodging does look fine to me at that speed, but everything's way slower than in Jaimers' video.

By the way, there are TASes with visible mistakes-- especially for games like Touhou where it's a lot easier to get slowdown than savestates (in contrast to console emulators where fake accomplishments tend to be with savestates but not necessarily slowdown).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:36:14 AM by Karisa »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
"The slowdown wasn't intentional so it's legit."

I have to remember that one.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
"The slowdown wasn't intentional so it's legit."

I have to remember that one.

I trust Uda when she said that it isn't a TAS. Also, there is a lot of mistakes - a few that could be avoided with a TAS at that speed.
Also, she has vids of EE's absurdly extra up.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:05:14 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

I don't say that it's TAS (I didn't even check it) but I'd like to say that it's wrong to take mistakes as a proof of nonTASing, they can be made on purpose in order to make people think that it's legit.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

EDIT: Nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:22:52 AM by Nwodatek »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
I don't say that it's TAS (I didn't even check it) but I'd like to say that it's wrong to take mistakes as a proof of nonTASing, they can be made on purpose in order to make people think that it's legit.
To purposefully fake something that is by definition accidental convincingly can be pretty hard though.

To purposefully fake something that is by definition accidental convincingly can be pretty hard though.
It depends on how difficult the fair play is. Clearing ABEX in RMI isn't a trivial thing too.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
Just picking up this wonderful series thanks to watching Jaimers' videos of the games. HOLY BALLS THIS GAME IS SO MUCH HARDER THAN TOUHOU ON STANDARD DIFFICULTY. I legit cannot even fathom what I'm in for if I try harder difficulties...
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

HEY!!! This topic needs it's title changed! Another game has been announced- from what I understand, it's called Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
This game looks... weird, at least in the screenshots. We'll see where this goes...?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Is that 115,602 Thrill I see there?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Is that 115,602 Thrill I see there?
JynX is prescribing how much hype you should have.

Is that a choose-your-own-adventure design I see on the left?  Regardless of how they're implemented, JynX has some great ideas.

Also I think the blog post says that the HUD will be cleaned up a lot by the time the demo comes out next month.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Maybe when I get a computer with a decent graphics card I might get hyped.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Is that a choose-your-own-adventure design I see on the left?  Regardless of how they're implemented, JynX has some great ideas.

Jynx is going all Darius. Although I doubt he's going to make 25 full stages like in Darius.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Jynx is going all Darius. Although I doubt he's going to make 25 full stages like in Darius.

Assuming you gave every single character a stage (assuming Ex+α!Sese counts as seperate to regular Sese), it would go to 22.

Maybe he may cut three of the last stages and have you choose wisely which final boss you wish to face by going through specific stages, except with less of a risk Storage of repeated bosses?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:13:08 PM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
He wouldn't be the first one to put Darius's route system in a fangame. (Download here if you're curious.)

At any rate, since RMI doesn't work on my computer I'm finding it a little difficult to get hyped.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
Route system? UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH I am excited for this.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
It's worth noting that the prefix is now 連縁, as opposed to 鏈縁

Would it still have the same Len'en name in English with that change?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Via JParser, it does read it as "ren", but it has a different meaning (moreso like a ream (of paper), or a stanza). Not sure what that means in this case specifically, or in the context of the series.

draganuv15

I actually made a thread in Akyuu's Arcade regarding the game because I didn't want to bump this thread. Though I have a translation of the blog post here.

All in all I'm pretty stoked for this.  Apparently JynX wants to lean more towards "casual" but I don't think 150,000+ thrill would really happen in a casual game.

Just a quick note.

JinX just posted a picture of next game's main characters' (3 at least) shadows on his twitter.

Tsubakura, Yabusame and... Shion☆
I knew she would make it (≧▽≦)

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
If I understood his tweet properly, there's going to be more playable characters as well, is that correct?

Correct (^_^)b

Getting hyped~

WOW Shion is tiny. I mean, I knew she could fit in Tsubakura's hat, but as big as that hat is I think anyone could fit in it.

And Jinx was talking about making a phantasmagoria type game for Len'en (back when RE: PoDD was released), so I'd like to think this game will have a LOT of playable characters.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
That would make some sense too, given that each game so far has been somewhat of an expy of one of the Windows Touhou games, and the next on the list would be PoFV, so... who knows?