Author Topic: Nan Desu Kan 2013 - Attack on Touhou  (Read 26957 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Nan Desu Kan 2013 - Attack on Touhou
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 04:37:50 AM »
NDK Day 03: Like a Sisfist from the Magical Girl Goddess

After waking up early to catch a very late bus (I wasn't late, the bus was), I missed the symbolism in Eastern storytelling panel. Why do they always put the really good panels at ass o' clock first thing in the morning? Put, like, the mecha panels early in the morning and the good culture-related panels later in the day so people can actually go to them.

Anyway, having missed that, I was more okay with lining up early to go to Hidenori Matsuhara's second autograph signing. I had a geas to get rid of, and nothing was going to stop me.

While I was there, I ran into this Korra in line for Todd Haberkorn's autograph line!

And her friend, a Yuna.

After waiting for a while, the line finally started moving anW̎̉͆̔̆ͩAͪRͦNͮ̊IͪͩN̿̾̅G̓: T͋̅ͣ̔ͫͮ̇̎I̋͒͒̈́ͬ̆̇ͥ̉Mͤ͊ͮE͆̋ ̈́̏͑ͨ̓̾̄Pͨ̉́͋̌͂̚A̾̔͑ͬ͗̓̂ͥR̀͊?͗D͒͐̚O̒̒Xͤ̒͆͆ͩ͛ͪ̅͆

Aw, hell, looks like I can't show you what happened here just yet. Let's hit the fast forward button and come back to this later.

[X] Skip to the next chapter.

After leaving the autograph signing, I headed downstairs to see if any friends were around on Saturday.

Ran into this awesome Numbuh 5 cosplay as soon as I was on the ground floor.

I thought Madoka was leaving, so I asked her for a photo and ended up following her all the way to her car. If I had known she wasn't actually leaving, I would have stayed in the hotel so I could look like less of a stalker. On the other hand, I got a photo of her with the bow she was about to put away, so....

Heading back to the hotel, I found Murasa, now Sakuya! She was just relaxing in the atrium before she left. I promised to meet her again before she left.

I have no idea what cosplay this is, or if she just wanted to look stylish.

I should mention, I wasn't wearing my wings anymore. I was sick of having to worry about my wingspan instead of taking photos, and I didn't want them to get totally broken apart by the crowds. I was tired of how it took me 15 minutes to put my cosplay on. So I left them home, along with the Third Leg. And then I promised myself that I would prioritize quantity of photos today, to make up for my very poor photo yield over the past two days.

So you'll see more cosplays where I have no idea what character it is, but I took a photo anyway, is what I'm saying.

I wonder if there will be this much SnK cosplay next year.

Ran into another Kenshin! I asked her if she'd seen the live action movie yet and she said no. If she runs across this: watch it, it's awesome!

Ran into Reimu in line for the dealers' room again! I didn't see her after this again, though.

While taking photos of amazing cosplays without knowing what they are is ls fun, it is also sometimes like Russian Roulette. Really fun Russian Roulette.

Masquerade Miku!

Then while hanging out near the doors, I ran into Yukari again! But she wasn't Yukari or even Raiko anymore, she was Shana from Shakugan no Shana! I lended her my orange visors for fun. :D We hung out together for the rest of the day. Thanks for tolerating my photo habit, Kate!

The same Seychelles from yesterday, but this time with an adorable stuffed dolphin.

Madorkas and a Coobie!

Then we ran into a Chihiro cosplay. When I brought up my camera to take a photo, Shana started laughing behind me for some reason. I looked up from my camera, saw what was going on, told Shana not to say a word of who had come up behind Chihiro, and took the shot.

Yeah.

Also, Chihiro then offered me and Shana some cookies from this little box. I am told that while I don't understand this joke, the DR fans will. The cookies were yummy, by the way. I don't know if that's part of the joke, though.

A Madoka and Homura near the entrance!

Cosmo and Wanda from the Fairly Odd Parents!

Humanized Ariel. I guess it would be hard to be a proper mermaid Ariel, with the legs and all....

Neku from TWEWY. I only know this because Emka reblogs a lot of it.

I actually have never heard a Night Vale podcast or seen the fanart, but I just kinda threw out the guess ("Night Vale cosplay?") and I was right.

The boxes these SnK cosplayers carry their swords around in will never not be impressive to me.

Saaaaaaaaalute!

Hanging out with the SnK cosplayers, hailing from Persona 3, an Elizabeth.

A very cute Madoka! She was with the glasses Madoka cosplayers yesterday, but I was not against getting a solo photo.

I really have no idea who this character is, but the cosplayer yelled "defend the light!" after me as I walked away. Then I said something about bathing the surface world in flames. On that day, the surface world received a grim reminder...

Maka and Rei, two friends hangin' out together.

At some point in the middle of all this, we ran into the rest of Kate's friends. You'll see them in a bit.

Ichigo! I'm sure I've seen her around here before, but I really wanted to catch her again.

Mars and Venus. :)

All the Mikus. Hard to believe that just a few years ago, it was Maka and Miku who were all the cosplay rage.

In which Madoka is accosted by two coobies! They were all very nice people, and we'll be running into that Godoka again later.

By this time, it was 1pm. We went to the lobby, and found Sakuya again before leaving.

Bye, Sakuya. See you again next year!

Yuko Ichihara! I'm so incredibly happy I didn't miss this cosplay and got a second chance to take it after all.

It's Bunny! I mean, Barnaby.

From this point on, I had an entourage-- Kate and her friends. So imagine, if you will, an Utsuho running around taking photos being followed by four other people all chatting and having fun.

ALWAYS PHOTOGRAPH VAMPIRE KNIGHT COSPLAY

I definitely remember this girl being really, really happy that I took her photo. You look great, kid!

At this point, I decided that we needed some fresh air, so I led the group outside.

The Hello Kitty samurai! I'm not sure, but I think I saw him at the Denver Sakura Matsuri in the spring some months ago.

There was a Sayaka and Kyouko hanging out outside. There wasn't rain yet, I believe, but eventually we did get a nice drizzle.

Heading back inside, my feet were hurting, so I decided to lead the group to the video game room to sit down in one of the booths. Ran into this Garterbelt when we'd just come back in.

Sealand! I think his mother was with him, just to keep an eye on him, and he was very excited to be photographed, too.

Kakashi Hatake. I told you I was going to prioritize quantity of cosplay photos.

Zero. Again, I really just wanted to up my photo count. Naruto and Code Geass aren't series I find myself taking photos of very often.

Sub-Zero from, uh, Mortal Kombat? Which is also a game that I haven't played... ahahah. Oops. Well, video games that aren't shmups have never been that interesting to me.

Disappareance of Haruhi Suzumiya! Shana really wanted her photo. After we took our photos, she took out two flyers for the SOS-Dan and gave them to us. I found them really cute, so you'll see them later.

We were just relaxing at this point before going back into the con proper. This section of the video games room is always less crowded than the rest of the con, and because there are fans everywhere to keep the room from getting overheated, it's a really nice place to be.

I had Danny take a photo of me and Kate, because I wanted to remember hanging out with such a nice person.

Speaking of Danny, remember him? He's the one with the Reimu and Marisa plushie puppets from some years ago. I was happy to run into him again.

Someone cosplaying a video game character walked past us to hang out. I asked if I could borrow his sword real quick. He agreed, and I handed it off to Shana so she could look like a proper Flame Haze.

Amon from Legend of Korra.

At this point, we had all rested our feet enough, so we were going to head to the chaos of the dealers' room. I had a Luffy take a photo of our group so's I could remember them all.

You are all wonderful people. Even me!

Clockwise from left: Dan in the red carrying the... that thing from Eraserhead, he was Suika some years ago. Then there's me. Then Danny, carrying Reimu and Marisa. (There are two Daniels, yep.) Then Carter, who I mentally parse as "sweet-tooth friend". Then Kate, as Shana.

Anyway, we're off!

The dealers' room was hella fun. I had entered the dealers' room as quickly as I could on Saturday, picking up three grab bags, but it wasn't fun at all because damn, those crowds. But Sunday is much more relaxed. We looked around artbooks and thumbed through shelves of manga. I pointed out an Oscar figurine from Rose of Versailles to Danny, which, had I known that it was his Achilles Heel, would not have done-- the thing was over $130. But he did get it. I was sorely tempted to get some of the oldschool Sailor Moon S posters, but ultimately declined. What I did buy was a sweet Sakura Taisen 3 poster for only $15!

Then I was out of all the money I had on hand. And it was THEN that I ran into a Wedding Peach poster. Man, you know how hard it is to find merch from old series? Thankfully, Danny spotted me the $20 to buy the Wedding Peach poster, then said that because he only sees me once a year, just consider it a gift. I was overjoyed, and still am. Thanks a bunch, man.

While in there, I ran into a Kirigiri Kyouko. Photos aren't actually permitted in the dealers' room, but I didn't want to lose my chance and then never get to take a photo of her, so I snapped this one quickly. I wasn't intending to take photos of merch anyhow.

Utterly content with just that part of my haul alone, I enjoyed the rest of the dealers' room quite a bit. There was a guy selling handmade sculptures of characters like Saber, Tohsaka Rin, Mami and Madoka from PMMM, and so on. Very awesome to see. I also somehow got Eden of the East recommended to me before leaving.

While waiting for the entire group to get their purchases, I caught this pair of Ranmas outside the dealers' room!

Joker and Harley too.

At this point, Danny mentioned he was going to head home with all his purchases because he had so many, so we headed up to the rhythm games room where he had all his stuff stashed. I decided that we should all help him out, so up we go to the second floor!

I really have no idea what in the world this is from, but that is one impressive suit.

I wonder if I had restricted myself to taking photos of SnK cosplay alone, how many photos that would have given me?

There's a time skip between this and the next photo. We got all of Danny's stuff from the rhythm games room, which was packing up (and also got small bags of fruit snacks out of the deal). We all packed on his things, because he seriously had a lot. I was carrying his Akagi dakimakura, because there was no way I was going to pass up a chance to have more people stare at me.

Then we headed downstairs. Danny's car was parked kinda far, he told us, so we settled down in the atrium to wait for him to bring it closer.

Melancholy!Haruhi Suzumiya.

Look at this adorable little girl just look at her!!

This is Metroid, right?

Anyhow, Danny returned at this point and we followed him to his car. Or at least I did, Carter and Dan and Kate got lost somewhere behind me and Danny. It was drizzling by this point, so I used Akagi to keep me dry whilst we stashed his stuff in the trunk. Then he went back in to find the others.

I passed America here on my way out to his car and asked her to stay so I could take a photo. She yelled after me, "I'll stay right here just for you!" and then when I came back, she made good on her promise.

Anyhow, after hanging out with Kate and Carter and Dan for a while and going to lunch over at McDonalds', we had to part ways. Until next con! From this point on, I was on my own, and returned to the hotel to rustle up as many photos as I could before going home.

I saw this guy walk past me early in the morning while in line for Matsuhara, but he was wearing the full suit of armour then. He didn't have it on this time, but I was mostly interested in the light he had in his helmet, so I took a photo.

I'm going to guess that this is another Mortal Kombat character.

I got nothing, can someone help me identify some of these characters?

I went into the washroom at one point, only for Tulio here to come in. I was terribly confused and mildly startled by the beard. But no, Tulio was a lady. After she came out, I asked to take a photo of her and Miguel.

See, what did I tell you about Mikasa being all up in this casa?

At this point, I decided that I was gonna head out in a bit, but first, I wanted to make one more circuit of the con.

And a Madoka! Notice how the place is starting to look kinda deserted.

Another Kirito and Asuna! Seems to be a not uncommon choice for couples.

Damn, and I thought my wings and cape and concrete foot boot and Third Leg were hot. How do these bodysuited people stand it?

And then he got into a fight with Pitch from Rise of the Guardians.

Pimp Vader!

Korra and Asami, in the now quickly emptying atrium.

Man I don't even know what character this is, but shinyyyyyyyy.

And a final good experience to top it all off! I ran into Godoka and Coobie again, right before the closing ceremonies (which I've never stayed for) began. I asked for another photo, and they were quite happy to oblige.

This also marked the first and only time someone asked me about the details of my cosplay. I got to show off my nuclear earrings! In particular, Godoka asked me about my cape.

"Hey, are those constellations?"

"Yeah. they're all valid constellations. These to my right are the constellations of the northern hemisphere, and these on my left are the constellations of the southern hemisphere."

Godoka nodded in approval. "That's legit. Gimme a high five."

So I gave her a high five, and got to go home with the goddess' personal approval.

... and then when I realized that after three solid days of nonstop action and very little rest, I was going to have to wake up at six in the morning to go to work...

Some people drink vodka, but I suddenly found myself in need of something... stronger.

That's it for NDK proper! There is still some follow-up to be done, so I will be posting some things later. Hopefully I will then also be able to show you the skipped Matsuhara chapter soon, US Postal Service permitting~

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 06:12:50 AM »
It's always lovely to see you have so much fun at a con. :3 I missed commenting chances on the last two days, so I'll make up for it here.

I thought Madoka was leaving, so I asked her for a photo and ended up following her all the way to her car. If I had known she wasn't actually leaving, I would have stayed in the hotel so I could look like less of a stalker. On the other hand, I got a photo of her with the bow she was about to put away, so....

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FOLLOW PEOPLE HOME. >:( >:( >:(

Heading back to the hotel, I found Murasa, now Sakuya! She was just relaxing in the atrium before she left. I promised to meet her again before she left.

Heeeee, this girl once again overrides my dislike of Sakuya. So good~

Ran into Reimu in line for the dealers' room again! I didn't see her after this again, though.

If this Reimu ever sees this by chance, you are the frilliest Reimu cosplay that ever was and you should feel very proud of it.

Humanized Ariel. I guess it would be hard to be a proper mermaid Ariel, with the legs and all....

Difficult, but I imagine it'd be like walking around while wearing a giant sleeping bag. The world eagerly awaits the woman up to the task.

Yuko Ichihara! I'm so incredibly happy I didn't miss this cosplay and got a second chance to take it after all.

I don't know who this is but I love the outfit. Cosplay is best when the outfit is utterly ridiculous and over the top.

I definitely remember this girl being really, really happy that I took her photo. You look great, kid!

omg she is adorable. Who's the character though?

Zero. Again, I really just wanted to up my photo count. Naruto and Code Geass aren't series I find myself taking photos of very often.

Is...that an astronaut helmet? I have a feeling Code Geass would be (even) more hilarious if Zero's mask was that big. :3

Joker and Harley too.

Nice makeup job. That looks like it took a lot of effort to get right.

:*

This is Metroid, right?

I don't think so, 'cause Samus has an arm cannon and not a gun. Makes me think of super sentai for some reason, but I dunno the source.

Some people drink vodka, but I suddenly found myself in need of something... stronger.

She can create bullets larger than the screen in one spell card...two of them.

She was nominated the final boss of her Touhou game over both her owner and an oni reputed to throw mountains for fun...just because she's that good.

She can make even the most tired joke feel like nyu again.

She is...the most interesting hell raven in the world.

* Donut clap clap clap
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:16:11 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 09:40:25 AM »

While I was there, I ran into this Korra in line for Todd Haberkorn's autograph line!

I always have to love how fantastic Korra cosplayers look. :*

And her friend, a Yuna.

Whose costume is quite spot-on with the details! Nicely done. :D

After waiting for a while, the line finally started moving anW̎̉͆̔̆ͩAͪRͦNͮ̊IͪͩN̿̾̅G̓: T͋̅ͣ̔ͫͮ̇̎I̋͒͒̈́ͬ̆̇ͥ̉Mͤ͊ͮE͆̋ ̈́̏͑ͨ̓̾̄Pͨ̉́͋̌͂̚A̾̔͑ͬ͗̓̂ͥR̀͊?͗D͒͐̚O̒̒Xͤ̒͆͆ͩ͛ͪ̅͆

Aw, hell, looks like I can't show you what happened here just yet. Let's hit the fast forward button and come back to this later.

:o :o :o

Nice plushies. :3

I should mention, I wasn't wearing my wings anymore. I was sick of having to worry about my wingspan instead of taking photos, and I didn't want them to get totally broken apart by the crowds. I was tired of how it took me 15 minutes to put my cosplay on. So I left them home, along with the Third Leg. And then I promised myself that I would prioritize quantity of photos today, to make up for my very poor photo yield over the past two days.

I don't blame you. While the wings and third leg were awesome, they also seemed super cumbersome for activities that required mobility and, well, hands.

Ran into another Kenshin! I asked her if she'd seen the live action movie yet and she said no. If she runs across this: watch it, it's awesome!

yes please do and the sequel is being made and it's gonna be amazing :*

Then while hanging out near the doors, I ran into Yukari again! But she wasn't Yukari or even Raiko anymore, she was Shana from Shakugan no Shana! I lended her my orange visors for fun. :D We hung out together for the rest of the day. Thanks for tolerating my photo habit, Kate!

How stylish~

The same Seychelles from yesterday, but this time with an adorable stuffed dolphin.

It always makes me happy to see Seychelles so consistently present in your NDK photos. <3

Then we ran into a Chihiro cosplay. When I brought up my camera to take a photo, Shana started laughing behind me for some reason. I looked up from my camera, saw what was going on, told Shana not to say a word of who had come up behind Chihiro, and took the shot.

Yeah.

Also, Chihiro then offered me and Shana some cookies from this little box. I am told that while I don't understand this joke, the DR fans will. The cookies were yummy, by the way. I don't know if that's part of the joke, though.

Aaaaaaaaaaa Chihiro is so adorable :*

and yes the joke is amusing indeed
Spoiler:
and quite ironic too... okay now I'm sad .____.

I really have no idea who this character is, but the cosplayer yelled "defend the light!" after me as I walked away. Then I said something about bathing the surface world in flames. On that day, the surface world received a grim reminder...

This is Pit from Kid Icarus! I'm quite pleased that he's been getting some love from Nintendo again after being forgotten for generations <<;

By this time, it was 1pm. We went to the lobby, and found Sakuya again before leaving.

Bye, Sakuya. See you again next year!

Awwww. :)

Whoa, gotta love the amount of detail added *_*

It's Bunny! I mean, Barnaby.

Obligatory~

The Hello Kitty samurai! I'm not sure, but I think I saw him at the Denver Sakura Matsuri in the spring some months ago.

I love it when cosplayers just go from silly to absurd in their designs. It's delightfully creative. :D

We were just relaxing at this point before going back into the con proper. This section of the video games room is always less crowded than the rest of the con, and because there are fans everywhere to keep the room from getting overheated, it's a really nice place to be.

I had Danny take a photo of me and Kate, because I wanted to remember hanging out with such a nice person.

Speaking of Danny, remember him? He's the one with the Reimu and Marisa plushie puppets from some years ago. I was happy to run into him again.

Someone cosplaying a video game character walked past us to hang out. I asked if I could borrow his sword real quick. He agreed, and I handed it off to Shana so she could look like a proper Flame Haze.

At this point, we had all rested our feet enough, so we were going to head to the chaos of the dealers' room. I had a Luffy take a photo of our group so's I could remember them all.

Clockwise from left: Dan in the red carrying the... that thing from Eraserhead, he was Suika some years ago. Then there's me. Then Danny, carrying Reimu and Marisa. (There are two Daniels, yep.) Then Carter, who I mentally parse as "sweet-tooth friend". Then Kate, as Shana.

Anyway, we're off!

The dealers' room was hella fun. I had entered the dealers' room as quickly as I could on Saturday, picking up three grab bags, but it wasn't fun at all because damn, those crowds. But Sunday is much more relaxed. We looked around artbooks and thumbed through shelves of manga. I pointed out an Oscar figurine from Rose of Versailles to Danny, which, had I known that it was his Achilles Heel, would not have done-- the thing was over $130. But he did get it. I was sorely tempted to get some of the oldschool Sailor Moon S posters, but ultimately declined. What I did buy was a sweet Sakura Taisen 3 poster for only $15!

Then I was out of all the money I had on hand. And it was THEN that I ran into a Wedding Peach poster. Man, you know how hard it is to find merch from old series? Thankfully, Danny spotted me the $20 to buy the Wedding Peach poster, then said that because he only sees me once a year, just consider it a gift. I was overjoyed, and still am. Thanks a bunch, man.

I'm happy to see you had fun! Sounds like you got a nice stash of stuff from the dealers' room, too ;D

While in there, I ran into a Kirigiri Kyouko. Photos aren't actually permitted in the dealers' room, but I didn't want to lose my chance and then never get to take a photo of her, so I snapped this one quickly. I wasn't intending to take photos of merch anyhow.

Kirigiri :*

Utterly content with just that part of my haul alone, I enjoyed the rest of the dealers' room quite a bit. There was a guy selling handmade sculptures of characters like Saber, Tohsaka Rin, Mami and Madoka from PMMM, and so on. Very awesome to see. I also somehow got Eden of the East recommended to me before leaving.

Eden of the East is good stuff, indeed.

There's a time skip between this and the next photo. We got all of Danny's stuff from the rhythm games room, which was packing up (and also got small bags of fruit snacks out of the deal). We all packed on his things, because he seriously had a lot. I was carrying his Akagi dakimakura, because there was no way I was going to pass up a chance to have more people stare at me.

Then we headed downstairs. Danny's car was parked kinda far, he told us, so we settled down in the atrium to wait for him to bring it closer.

* Yumatsuri Okazaki chokes

Akagi dakimakura? Were there any pictures of this? :P

Oh my god she's adorable <3

This is Metroid, right?

Looks like someone from the Halo series to me. I wanna say it's Master Chief but his armor's more greenish? I dunno, I just know my dad and brother play those games a lot.

Pimp Vader!

More of the delightfully absurd that amuses me so much. :>

And a final good experience to top it all off! I ran into Godoka and Coobie again, right before the closing ceremonies (which I've never stayed for) began. I asked for another photo, and they were quite happy to oblige.

This also marked the first and only time someone asked me about the details of my cosplay. I got to show off my nuclear earrings! In particular, Godoka asked me about my cape.

"Hey, are those constellations?"

"Yeah. they're all valid constellations. These to my right are the constellations of the northern hemisphere, and these on my left are the constellations of the southern hemisphere."

Godoka nodded in approval. "That's legit. Gimme a high five."

So I gave her a high five, and got to go home with the goddess' personal approval.

did you convert her to KoL adventuring

It's nice to see so much really nice Madoka cosplayers there. I do kinda wish there was more mahou shoujo love goin' on though. Where all the Pritticurrs at ;-;

... and then when I realized that after three solid days of nonstop action and very little rest, I was going to have to wake up at six in the morning to go to work...

Hopefully it didn't raise your blood radiation level too high. Don't wanna be setting off Geiger counters when you're not in costume, do you? D:

That's it for NDK proper! There is still some follow-up to be done, so I will be posting some things later. Hopefully I will then also be able to show you the skipped Matsuhara chapter soon, US Postal Service permitting~

eeeeeee I am looking forward to this :D

Glad to see you had a fun weekend! Thanks for all the photos <3

Katierou

• Wolf It Down!
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 01:03:11 AM »
*insert picture here*
That would be Pit, from Kid Icarus or Smash Bros. fame (depending on the fan, though originally Kid Icarus).

*insert picture here*
I just look so enthusiastic. Clearly I was just so happy to be there.
Hahah, sorry, I don't remember rolling my eyes... Oh well. Shana and Utsuho have such similar costumes. Too bad I didn't have the coat, or it'd be even more similar!

Especially you! Especially everyone there. Thanks for lots of fun, everyone! Also the nuclear pop is the coolest thing ever~

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 05:04:21 AM »

Now that a full week has passed since the end of NDK, it's time to back and focus on one small recurring thing I noticed over those three days. Does real life have symbolism? Sure, why not?

NDK Extra Stage - Well, It Looked Good on Paper

I kept noticing a recurring theme of paper. Drawings, writings, and so on. Before the con even started, I received a message from a friend I made some months ago, Tumblr user Retasuneko, who I met and bonded with over our mutual love of Sakura Taisen, asking me if I could possibly get Hidenori Matsuhara's autograph. I quite happily said yes to the request, and awaited my chance on Saturday and Sunday.

I didn't notice any paper make its symbolic appearance on Friday, but....

Saturday

When I attended the first signing, the line was really long because Matsuhara was doing sketches on request as well. Mostly of Ah! My Goddess characters, because those were the most requested, but also the occasional Eva character. I'd never been to an autograph signing before, so I only had brought along one DVD to get autographed: the Sakura Taisen movie. I got that and the movie booklet signed, but I wasn't able to get an autograph on a program like Retasuneko had asked me because I didn't want to ask for autographs and then also a sketch (it seemed like it was just one or the other). Still, I was going to show up tomorrow for a second try.

Then when I went out to eat with Murasa and Satori and their respective parents, while chatting with Satori's mum, Murasa pulled out some paper and markers and asked us to give her our contact information. Then while I was still chatting, they were adding some really cute touches to their paper:

Inspired by those two, I drew one on my own little slip of paper with my info. Of course, those two slips of paper are now in the possession of Murasa and Satori (Murasatori?) but this is what they look like:

I wish I had as good a grasp of subtle colour those two had ;w;

Sunday

First things first, while riding on the bus that morning, I was bored so I pulled out the only drawing tool I had, a black ink pen which I do not ever use to draw, and drew an Utsuho on a cold bumpy moving bus.

Then when I arrived at the hotel, I went to Matsuhara's signing. This is the skipped chapter from day 3.

The man himself! And in the end I got not only an autograph, but this:

Hi-res because hell the fuck yes

Because a hailstorm had hit my neighbourhood the night before, I hadn't been able to ask Retasuneko what her favourite SakuTai character from ST 1-4 was, so I just asked for Maria. (I know her favourite character is Subaru, but I couldn't find any evidence that Matsuhara had ever worked on STV, so I was confining myself to the first four games.) Matsuhara mused, and his translator told me, that he hadn't been asked for that character in a long time. Then I got Sakura Taisen: Sumire signed, and with the help of someone else who was standing in line behind me who I was talking to, I got the TV series DVD cover signed.

So this was the total signed haul:

The sketch is not with me anymore, it has been given to Retasuneko. But I'm more than content with the rest!

Then later while hanging out in the video game room with Kate and her friends, she and I took a photo of Disappearance!Haruhi, and after we had done that, Haruhi reached into her bookbag and pulled out two flyers, one for each of us:

Hah, that's adorable, I haven't seen one of these kinds of fliers since that whole Haruhiism religious movement back in the day. But wait, what's this?

As it turned out, she had gotten some of her friends to help her sign about 50 of these fliers in character!

As for my con haul, I don't care specifically about the stuff I got from the grab bags since I don't know a good portion of those series, though I did get one very fluffy plushie from one of them. But I did get these posters I mentioned earlier:

First, Sakura Taisen 3 poster!

And then a Wedding Peach poster, which was a gift. Thanks a bunch again, Danny!

And now I can pack all my stuff away and say goodbye to the con proper. :)

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2013, 06:13:16 PM »
Good lord that Maria sketch is fantastic *_*

Nice finds with the posters as well~

Again, it's great to know you had a good time. I was worried that the weather would spoil that, but it seems you managed to get around that just fine. :)

TCA

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »
Awwwww you even posted my Satori doodle! c: Your handwriting is more than pretty enough to make up for the simplicity of your doodles, though. Seriously you have the second-nicest handwriting I've ever seen.

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2013, 05:06:09 AM »
omg Hi.

I'm that Reimu that had to disappear right when Oku came. Otl. I'm so sorry. ;-; My friends and their parents kind of wanted me back...
Anyway, sorry if I'm posting randomly..! I just made this account like 2 minutes ago, so I have no clue how to post things. (I've never used a forum type thing before anyway. ^^;)

But thank you for the kind words and photos! It was really nice meeting other people! I may or may not cosplay Reimu again..or a Touhou in general. I was planning to be Momiji, but I also wanted to cosplay Mikasa if SNK was going to have season 2. ;; I think it'd be easier if you could contact me through DA. If anyone here has one. http://lukaneta.deviantart.com/

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
Man you guys seem to have all the fun.

still can't help notice the Attack on Titan cosplayers getting the HAND on CHEST wrong. IT IS A BACKHAND, NOT FRONT, NOT KNUCKLES, BACK!! /bitch
I gotta find a way to top the fun factor at AFA or something
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?