Author Topic: [Video] Gensokyo ~ The Second Dream  (Read 2715 times)

7h3d4rkw0lf

• Some random dude
  • Remi <3
    • Yukkuricraft
[Video] Gensokyo ~ The Second Dream
« on: September 09, 2013, 09:28:22 AM »
[Apologies if this is the wrong section.]

Hi guys!

Half shameless self-advertisement, half legitimate showcasing of a rather large project I've been leading.

To give a two sentence summary of my project: I run a minecraft server dedicated to recreating Gensokyo to the best of our ability referencing and cross-referencing all canonical and official sources ranging from the "fan books" (BAiJR, MG, SoPM, etc), mangas, games, interviews, etc etc. Our server has a staff team of about 20 staff who work on recreating Gensokyo and some of you may have seen our first video at over 100k views by the same name of this thread. (If you youtube/google "touhou minecraft" we're the first hit)

What I wanted to do today was formally introduce this project to you folks over at the Maidens of the Kaleidoscope by making this thread. For those who own a copy of minecraft, feel free to connect to our server and have a way of exploring our beloved Gensokyo in as close to a tangible experience as I think is possible at the moment. To show the extent of locations we have, here's a list (in a pastebin) of our currently completed and showcased locations along with their timecodes (because I'm too lazy to remove them. Copypasta from video description lol)

http://pastebin.com/ePkJupPw

The video's definitely a bit long (a bit) so please utilize the timecodes in the description to jump to your favorite location in Gensokyo. Chances are that we have it done already :P (We've completed every major location other than the Lunar Capital)

That being said, here's the link to the youtube xD

Feedback appreciated (for whatever parts you watch) and please, have a cup of tea and enjoy the show!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:51:18 PM by 7h3d4rkw0lf »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Re: [Video] Gensokyo ~ The Second Dream
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 06:30:43 AM »
:o

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »
I think I have seen this before! Was trying to confirm with seeing the big library, but youtube was being a butt letting me see everything but that (on the lowest quality setting)
But yeah, I really like this its wicked cool.
(off coment it'd also be cool to like, have a rp server with this where everyone gets to claim a touhou character and just rp in gensokyo)

7h3d4rkw0lf

• Some random dude
  • Remi <3
    • Yukkuricraft
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 06:56:08 AM »
We actually do have a couple of things implemented on our server geared towards RPers like an rp exclusive chat with radius limitations so you "hear" those near you as well as a dedicated rp section on the forums.

That being said though, this current map is much different than the last one as we'd reimagined many parts of Gensokyo, especially the Voile library. In general, everything is more "grand" in their scheme.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »
I've definitely seen your group's works before, and seeing this new video makes me all the more impressed as both a series fan and MC server operator. Great job. Map would indeed make for a good RP server setting.

How large was the final map size, out of curiosity?

for the Lunar Capital, do it in the End :colonveeplusalpha:
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »
I think the End is more like Makai.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

7h3d4rkw0lf

• Some random dude
  • Remi <3
    • Yukkuricraft
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »
Though it wasn't showcased in the video, we actually do have the lunar capital in-progress and it is currently located in The End.

Map size of Genso is only 1gb btw :P

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

7h3d4rkw0lf

• Some random dude
  • Remi <3
    • Yukkuricraft
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 11:52:33 PM »
Yeah about that ^^; some jerk decided flagging the video as inappropriate would be funny.

Reuploaded video is here