Author Topic: Submit your questions for ZUN at AWA 2013!  (Read 63300 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Submit your questions for ZUN at AWA 2013!
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2013, 03:08:09 AM »
I am just a guy who can bend to stuff if I want something. Besides, I planned to post that question earlier, but didn't.
I wasn't shouting at you, I was more addressing openly to clarify my previous statement how I was using discretion and preferring more ZUN centric questions than Touhou centric ones.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 03:11:31 AM »
Just one: How drunk does he get before working on his games/music/story?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2013, 05:30:28 AM »
If you plan on releasing any of your works in the West, how do you plan on distributing it? Have you ever considered the use of Steam? (maybe mentioning the possibilities of bundles for sale).

Anyways plans of ever visiting Canada? The fanbase is pretty strong up there too (maybe check out Anime North).

Have you ever thought of creating an entirely new series or project that's not related to Touhou whatsoever on your own free time?

When is the 5 magic stones making a comeback? The fanbase is eager for their return.

What brought you to the choice of characters in Touhou 13.5? More specifically, Nitori and Koishi?

If you were to restart the entire Touhou Project series from scratch (reboot or as if you never did it before), what do be different now?

Alternatively, if you could change one thing in the game series, what would you change?

Also, what the hell is up with Rumia's ribbon? Does it reveal Rin Satsuki?

On a scale of Koishi to Koishi, how awesome is Koishi and how surprised were you when Koishi got 2nd place in the recent popularity poll?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:49:47 PM by Gpop »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2013, 09:00:35 AM »
What have inspired you to make the different mechanics of the games? (Like PoFV, StB, Fighters.)

What can you say about Sakuyas past?

What is your relation to Amusement Makers since the start of Shanghai Alice?

Of all the themes you have composed, do you have any personal favorites?

Will your wife get her very own theme? (Like innocent treasure.)

Have you planned any other secret/extra/bonus difficulty modes like overdrive/phantasm?

Mima :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »
PS, wouldn't this be easier if actually you used google forms / survey kind of thing. I am not sure if TSO-chan or someone else is going to dig through the discussion and regular posts to find each question.

Survey would force people to consider their questions, especially if limited. Also gives TSO-chan ability to quick scan and select.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
Might also help if people didn't rephrase questions already asked.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2013, 06:10:24 PM »
What are the limits of Yukari's gaps? She needed a special method to reach the Moon, and it looked like she needed multiple trips to reach Heaven in SWR. Can she travel anywhere in Gensokyo instantly? Anywhere in the Outside World?

(because if you ask him a question like "Is Yukari Maribel?" he's just going to grin and say nothing :V)

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »
(because if you ask him a question like "Is Yukari Maribel?" he's just going to grin and say nothing :V)

He who is silent consents. Anyway, I'd also ask whether his wife was in any way involved in the creation process of his games, whether by an idea or inspiration.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:21:26 PM by Fonzi »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2013, 07:20:39 PM »
PS, wouldn't this be easier if actually you used google forms / survey kind of thing. I am not sure if TSO-chan or someone else is going to dig through the discussion and regular posts to find each question.

Survey would force people to consider their questions, especially if limited. Also gives TSO-chan ability to quick scan and select.
I'm a big girl I can handle this :P
I'm scanning through every once in a while and I plan on closing the thread in a week or so to give me time to prepare.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2013, 12:13:33 AM »
Can someone tell me if this is too complex or incoherent of a question?

Transmedia worlds in which a world may be experienced through different forms of media are common throughout our entertainment today. For instance, Pokemon, Star Wars, etc. have all spawned their own films, books, comics, music, and games. Whereas the other components of the world were largely or exclusively supplied by their creators, Touhou is unique in that the bulk of the content is driven by the community with one creator developing a central canon from which others contribute their own interpretations of the world of Gensokyo via doujin games, comics, and so forth. What aspects of Touhou do you think were responsible for driving this explosion in fan created content, and are there lessons that game designers could learn from the way that Touhou has evolved as a transmedia work?

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Zil

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2013, 12:53:06 AM »
Only when you phrase it in a needlessly complicated way. As far as I can tell you you're basically asking "why do think the series inspires so many fanworks?"

Touhou is unique in that the bulk of the content is driven by the community
that's a very questionable statement.

Kirnis

• Waning crescent moon
  • Raaaaawr
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2013, 02:11:10 AM »
What's the thing you enjoy to do most about creating a new Touhou game? The Characters? Composing?
With which character of the series do you relate to most?

Never, oh! never, nothing will die; the stream flows, the wind blows, the cloud fleets, and the heart beats
Nothing will die.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2013, 08:57:55 AM »
What sort of inspiration do you take into mind when developing games and books ?
Can we see characters that debuted in Fighting Games (Iku, Tenshi, Kokoro,Suika,...) in your style in the future?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:00:09 AM by The Krve »

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »
Can we see characters that debuted in Fighting Games (Iku, Tenshi, Kokoro,Suika,...) in your style in the future?
Actually, there is concept art by ZUN of Iku, Tenshi, and Suika.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/0/06/Suika_rough.jpg
http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/8/82/MAGNet_20100502_3_Iku.jpg
http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/1/16/MAGNet_20100502_4_Tenshi.jpg

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »
I'm a big girl I can handle this :P
Hele-aniki is proud of you.  :justasplanned:

Ri-ze

• Lunatic Rabbit
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2013, 10:57:55 AM »
-Does Marisa still own the Tsuchinoko from SaBND?
-Has Medicine Melancholy's hatred for humans decreased since POFV?
-Has your wife played any ot the games you've made?
-How much research is done before a game?
-Will Rin Satsuki ever appear in a game?
-You seem to like Agatha Christie's works from the references you make to it in the Touhou games. (Letty and Alice's last names, U.N. Owen was Her?, Medicine being associated with the Lily of the Valley.) Which is your favorite book she wrote?
-Why does Hong Meiling wear pants in Eosd, but not STB? Was it to be consistent with the mangas, or was it for another reason? (This should probably be worded better, but I can't think of another way of saying it  :V)
-What is your favorite part of game development?

That's all I can think of...

Reisen: Right, after I win I take your info.

Drake

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »
-Has your wife played any ot the games you've made?
-How much research is done before a game?
-Why does Hong Meiling wear pants in Eosd, but not STB? Was it to be consistent with the mangas, or was it for another reason? (This should probably be worded better, but I can't think of another way of saying it  :V)
- Of course. She evens helps with playtesting, to an extent, and has for a long time. She isn't nearly as good as ZUN though.
- I guess you're probably looking for a more time-based answer, but, "a lot". If you duck into the Misc Questions thread when it's fully active you can see a glimpse into the dense amount of crap put into the scenario, characters, meta, etc.
- Why does the color of Reimu's eyes change throughout the series? It's really just artistic direction and not caring. Personally I find it a bit silly that it's somehow objectionable that a character can wear more than one set of clothes.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »
Someone needs to ask "So when are the Touhou girls gonna get boyfriends? Or are they more into each other?" purely for ZUN's reaction.

(Because the answer will probably just be "they're married to their youkai extermination work" or something :V)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »
Bonus point if the dating question gets asked right before or right after the question about the lack of sexualization.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
And followed by "Are youkai lactose intolerant?," just as a pallet-cleanser.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »
And after he let his guard down, ask "do youkai lactate?" *shot*
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Ri-ze

• Lunatic Rabbit
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2013, 11:19:29 PM »
Personally I find it a bit silly that it's somehow objectionable that a character can wear more than one set of clothes.

True, after all Reimu/Marisa/Sanae change usually change outfits in every games. Guess I just wasn't thinking too much :V, sorry about that.

Reisen: Right, after I win I take your info.

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2013, 11:25:16 PM »
Personally I find it a bit silly that it's somehow objectionable that a character can wear more than one set of clothes.

Just as a character can wear more than one set of contact lenses.  :V

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2013, 07:40:12 AM »
Here are my questions, and I don't know if they have already been asked (and I tried reading everything in the past pages posts), but here they are:

• Does ZUN ever think of making another competitive danmaku game, like PoFV?
  • Does ZUN plan on ever doing anything with characters that are labeled as "PC-98" characters, like Rumia, Mima, and Flandre?
  • If Gensokyo is a place where the forgotten go so they won't disappear, then what about the other parts of the world? Like the Egyptian Pantheon, or the Aztec, or even the great Roman Empire?
  • Would ZUN ever make another Sci-Fi... ish Touhou game, like in PoDD (TH03) with Yumemi Okazaki? (as an example)
  • Whatever happened to Mimi-chan?
  • How was Flandre locked and kept in the basement of the SDM for 495 years, especially if she is so powerful? Is she still being locked up in the basement of the SDM to this day?

That's it for now, I guess...

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2013, 10:34:12 AM »

Does ZUN plan on ever doing anything with characters that are labeled as "PC-98" characters, like Rumia, Mima, and Flandre?
Umm...Rumia and Flandre are Windows characters...

How was Flandre locked and kept in the basement of the SDM for 495 years, especially if she is so powerful? Is she still being locked up in the basement of the SDM to this day?
flandre respects Remilia a lot, and stays there at her own will. Or Remi can just fatehax it, who knows...?

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »
  • If Gensokyo is a place where the forgotten go so they won't disappear, then what about the other parts of the world? Like the Egyptian Pantheon, or the Aztec, or even the great Roman Empire?
  • How was Flandre locked and kept in the basement of the SDM for 495 years, especially if she is so powerful? Is she still being locked up in the basement of the SDM to this day?
  • Would ZUN ever make another Sci-Fi... ish Touhou game, like in PoDD (TH03) with Yumemi Okazaki? (as an example)
1. Maybe everyone isn't able to or just doesn't want to?

2. I'm pretty sure Flandre isn't locked up anymore, atleast not against her will. (Well, that's what I think Akyuu meant in PMiSS). The other answer would be that she would never defy her own sister.

3. ZUN pls.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:15:35 AM by Darkness1 »

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »
Flandre apparently goes outdoors every once in a rare while now. One of the artworks in BaiJR shows her clearly outside the mansion. This might be because she got the urge to go out ever since EoSD's extra stage.

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2013, 05:36:18 PM »
And after he let his guard down, ask "do youkai lactate?" *shot*
After that, ask what about Saku- *knifed*

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
Umm...Rumia and Flandre are Windows characters...

I know that they were introduced in the Windows games, but their lack of appearances, other than the oldest Windows works, makes them more like PC-98 characters rather than Windows characters.

2. I'm pretty sure Flandre isn't locked up anymore, atleast not against her will. (Well, that's what I think Akyuu meant in PMiSS). The other answer would be that she would never defy her own sister.

If she would never defy her own sister, she steps heavily on the line of rebelliousness against Remilia (as she talks down about Remilia in BAiJR). I think it's more of if Remilia isn't watching or paying attention, Flandre will do what she wants. But I'm more of wondering why we just don't see her as often as her sister.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2013, 07:33:32 PM »
If she would never defy her own sister, she steps heavily on the line of rebelliousness against Remilia (as she talks down about Remilia in BAiJR). I think it's more of if Remilia isn't watching or paying attention, Flandre will do what she wants. But I'm more of wondering why we just don't see her as often as her sister.
I'd say that she obeys Remilia (in a respectful way, like trueshadow said), but talking badly about Remilia is something she can do on her own.

Remilia is seen more than her sister simply because she is the head of the mansion and plays a big role in Gensokyo's balance because of this, while Flandre seems to be a character (she's not the only youkai which acts like this) who like to remain hidden. Contrary to what some fans would say, I don't think Flandre would instantly kill anyone she sees. Kind of like Yuuka, but that's another story.

But ofc I can't guarantee that what I say is canon, especially since I haven't really read all of ZUN's writings.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 07:35:04 PM by Darkness1 »