Author Topic: Post EVO Hype - Fighting Game General  (Read 144552 times)

Re: A Challenger Appears - Fighting Game General
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »
Oh shit

Fchamp stomped Chris G in Marvel 6-1 in grand finals

inb4collusion

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2013, 11:53:40 PM »
Oh shit

Fchamp stomped Chris G in Marvel 6-1 in grand finals

inb4collusion

Rofl wat?

I need to see this when I get back from work.

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2013, 12:58:01 AM »
Canada just got OVCed

by a DJ

WHY WE SO FREE

at least we bodied USA
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:00:49 AM by Suikama »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »
Man Mario, Megaman, AND Sonic in the same game

this is literally my 12 year old self's dream come true

oh man

so since so far everyone revealed is basically a cross promotion for another Nintendo game

when PokemonX/Y comes out...

WILL MEWTWO RETURN!?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:12:04 PM by Suikama »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
when PokemonX/Y comes out...

WILL MEWTWO RETURN!?
Smash ball makes Mewtwo MEGA MEWTWO

I can see this happening now.

Edit: Mega-Mewtwo will be determined by which console version you get as well. 3DS gets X, and Wii U gets Y :V

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »
Also watching the Sonic trailer again, his moveset seems to be exactly the same as in Brawl

which is to say he'll probably be low tier again :derp:

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2013, 05:33:47 AM »
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! changelog for version 1.04 (to be released in japanese arcades in October 3rd, today) here: http://www.4gamer.net/games/190/G019042/20131002067/

while there's no completely translated changelog, here's some threads with partial information
http://homingcancel.com/arcana-heart-3-general-discussion/arcana-heart-3-love-max/270/
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8441178/#Comment_8441178
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2013, 02:06:32 AM »
Just wondering--anyone happen to play/touch Ougon Musou Kyoku? Been getting into it with a friend after finishing up Umineko (VN). Maining Will and Dlanor, friend uses Rosa and Lucifer.

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2013, 02:58:28 AM »
the problem with ougon is it just feels so clunky compared to other fighters

ive tried to get into it and i really wanted to like it but it just feels eugh to play

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2013, 03:14:00 AM »
I felt like Cross and its patches helped (and the Meta world mechanics are interesting), but yeah, there's still plenty of derpy things in there ("D-did I just go through you?"). Still, as long as I can repeatedly sentence people to death with Dlanor, I can't say I'm too disappointed in it.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »
so yeah the P4Suplex balances include giving people different numbers of Persona primers, fucking finally.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »
So shadow labrys buff?

But Bananaken is already dominating with her :ohdear:

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »
So it looks like Kirino is in that new anime fighting game

You know what this means

:justasplanned: :smug: :justasplanned: :smug: :justasplanned: :smug:

ROFL WTF those sound effects are literally ripped straight out of UNIB

sega what are you doing
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:07:25 PM by Suikama »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »
Well it IS French Bread working behind this game

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2013, 06:37:38 PM »
oh is it :derp:

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
Does anyone use fight sticks here?  If so, which fight sticks would you recommend?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »
Does anyone use fight sticks here?  If so, which fight sticks would you recommend?

I use a Qanba Q4 that I love. It comes with a square gate out of the box which is kind of a mess, but swapping it for an octagonal one isn't difficult. It was relatively cheap and is compatible with 360, PS3, and PC, so I can use it for basically any modern game. It's my first stick and I haven't used too many others, but of the ones I do have experience with I like the weight and spacing of this one the best.

Edit: I should say though that I have a lot of trouble playing six button fighters with it. 95% of the games I play are four buttons, but on the occasion that I do play a Street Fighter 2 the layout is pretty awkward. So if you're a big Capcom fan it might not be for you. I know some people have no problem playing six button games on these, but I think it's really uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:22:39 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »

If you're lazy, a Mad Catz TE stick is a good buy. They're very mod-friendly, and you can replace the buttons without any soldering. If you're looking for something cheaper, there are some pretty good Hori sticks out there. Though the lower-price ones usually need  soldering if you want to replace some parts.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »
I use a hitbox because I learned on keyboard to begin with. Default hitbox works fine for everything for me.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2013, 06:46:20 AM »

mine is a HRAP (Hori Real Arcade Pro) V3, it can come in a variety of themes (UMvC3, no-theme, AH3, AP, etc.), mine in particular is the one that's AH3 themed ( http://i53.tinypic.com/10mpjkx.jpg -- got this image from google, this isn't actually my photo but gives a good view of the stick ). it's not a dual controller, though, but it will run fine on PC as well (you can play Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code on the PC with it, unlike MadCatz TE's). This other video features the 360 version, which should be the same, except for the colored buttons and the frontal ear phone plug.

The buttons and stick are Sanwa (don't know what's the restrictor used -- square or octogonal); the weight of the stick is nice, for keeping the stick in place while playing. As shown in the video, the stick has a compartment for the usb cable (which also has a plastic cover); My complaint, though, is that the artwork isn't shielded, so it can wear off in places where the fingers touch more frequently.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2013, 03:04:30 PM »
Sion is in UNIB

wtf french bread

not that I mind tho

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2013, 07:28:42 AM »
Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition will be coming to PS4, PS Vita, and the PC on Nov. 12th in the US, Nov. 29th in Europe and elsewhere.
IGMU-UE is Injustice with all the DLC bundled with it.

The intel: https://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-coming-november-12th

No word if the PC version is on Steam.  Also curious the WiiU logo is on the bottom, but no word on a version coming out for that console.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2013, 03:31:11 AM »
I took my arcade stick apart to clean it earlier and noticed that the faceplate art was weirdly discolored in a small part of the bottom edge. I didn't notice that until just now, so at this point I'm assuming I must've set it in something when I removed it or something. Anyway, I'm going to Photoshop up some new art for it while I need to have it reprinted anyway, and I'm trying to figure out how to turn a Touhou screencap into something I can stick on the front of my stick. In the process of re-downloading a free Photoshop trial now since I'm too cheap to pay for it, and assuming that just blowing it up that large will look terrible. This could be tricky/impossible, but I think it will be super cool if I can figure something out.

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2013, 06:56:34 AM »
good luck, I wish I could help you but I lack the skills to mod arcade sticks :/

in other news, Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match is going to be released in USA in November 19th, published by Atlus; they've recently uploaded a trailer (presumably one of them).

For those who don't know Aquapazza, it's a fighting game (duh :V) developed by Examu, featuring Aquaplus characters, which was originally developed for japanese arcades and later received a PS3 port for Japan; though it wasn't region locked, importing it was expensive back then (it will be released for somewhere around $30), and there *was* no expectancy for it to get a US localization, since the game features quite a lot of different series (Utawarerumono, Tears to Tiara, White Album, Comic Party, To Heart, Kizuato, Routes.. don't remember the rest). It was a surprise to me and other fans of the game, that it's actually (and finally) going to be available for the US region (more importantly, for a more affordable price).
Translations.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2013, 06:09:41 PM »
I took my arcade stick apart to clean it earlier and noticed that the faceplate art was weirdly discolored in a small part of the bottom edge. I didn't notice that until just now, so at this point I'm assuming I must've set it in something when I removed it or something. Anyway, I'm going to Photoshop up some new art for it while I need to have it reprinted anyway, and I'm trying to figure out how to turn a Touhou screencap into something I can stick on the front of my stick. In the process of re-downloading a free Photoshop trial now since I'm too cheap to pay for it, and assuming that just blowing it up that large will look terrible. This could be tricky/impossible, but I think it will be super cool if I can figure something out.

What I did for the artwork on my sticks was I printed them at a FedEx office and lami-labeled them for pretty cheap. For the artwork itself, there are plenty of helpful templates out there like here and here. Getting the artwork onto the stick is pretty simple, just slap it on there and trim it out with an exacto-knife or something similar.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2013, 10:28:35 PM »
What I did for the artwork on my sticks was I printed them at a FedEx office and lami-labeled them for pretty cheap. For the artwork itself, there are plenty of helpful templates out there like here and here. Getting the artwork onto the stick is pretty simple, just slap it on there and trim it out with an exacto-knife or something similar.

That's exactly what I did the first time, and now there's even a Fedex twenty feet from my apartment. Just trying some stuff out for new art. Nothing involving Touhou screencaps really looks any good yet. The best I can figure right now is to take a bunch of Imperishable Night Extra spells and tile them together with Mokou's silhouette over them or something, but it ends up looking too busy. Maybe her silhouette and Kaguya's over one of the menu or credits backgrounds, but they're really too low-res to work with.

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »
So Vanguard Princess wants to be on Steam

i say fuck yes pls

it's already on on gamersgate for only $5 so im assuming it will only be that much on steam so votevotevote
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:02:58 PM by Suikama »