Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 275299 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:54:51 PM by Pesco »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:54:48 AM »
I wasn't saying anything. Not at all.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:01:08 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 09:00:04 AM »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »
Worst "first!" Post ever =p

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 09:43:06 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to extract those dxa files?
img1.dxa bgm1.dxa img2.dxa bgm2.dxa

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »
What mdx file? Everyone here has a legit copy of the game.

Which is easy, fortunately. I mean, I live in Japan, so it wouldn't be much of a pain anyway - I got a hard copy of the game - but either can buy a digital copy, or will be able to soon. Which is almost frighteningly sane by fangame standards, really. I certainly support it.

This game has also brought my attention to the same circle's so far good but remarkably complicated Arcanum Knights, by the way, which I'm enjoying. But that's not a topic for this thread, I think.

Never could find those other items myself either, by the way. Good to know about the 88 achievement rock, though.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »
Noticed something about Kogasa's recruitment on the wiki
1F: Event tile. Defeat the Evil Nuts Eater, return to Gensoukyo and visit Nitori's Workshop. Sell Nitori a Scarlet Light "緋色の光", then return to her event tile to recruit.
The step about selling something to Nitori seems to be entirely unneccessary to recruit Kogasa.
Or is the item consumed automatically and I did not notice it?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 10:15:13 AM »

Anyway, that aside...

I'm trying to come up with a term that has around the same meaning as "Overheating" but shorter. "Boiling", maybe?

Noticed something about Kogasa's recruitment on the wikiThe step about selling something to Nitori seems to be entirely unneccessary to recruit Kogasa.
Or is the item consumed automatically and I did not notice it?

And I'm about 90% sure that it gets consumed without you noticing. The item in question is a material; I remember on an earlier game (the demo), I couldn't get her to repair it, and it was because I was missing this. So unless it's changed since the demo, that's still correct.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:18:24 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
Anyway, that aside...

I'm trying to come up with a term that has around the same meaning as "Overheating" but shorter. "Boiling", maybe?

And I'm about 90% sure that it gets consumed without you noticing. The item in question is a material; I remember on an earlier game (the demo), I couldn't get her to repair it, and it was because I was missing this. So unless it's changed since the demo, that's still correct.

Burning? Smoldering? I don't know, just throwing things out there. There really isn't a direct synonym, sadly, and things like boiling/burning etc. are more drastic.

As for the materials, yes, consumed without you noticing, and indeed without asking you. Scarlet Light is a moderarely common drop off bosses and FOEs around there, by the way.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 10:49:20 AM »
So I want to make a party with Yukari, Byakuren, Okuu, Tenshi in front and Kanako, Eirin, Eiki, Komachi, Ran, Chen, Yuyuko, and any one character as reserve. What do you guys suggest on their build? Or maybe I should swap their position?

Also, I'll post my previous one since I need some respond from you guys.
I liked giving her Abilities Enhanced for the simple fact that it gives her every stat (which she uses) and it lets her easily fill both the role of a attacker and a support, assuming you have all of her self buff skills.
I used that too, but just how much did it increase anyway? There isn't really much difference, I think. I'm considering giving her the Gambler for that 15% plus damage(for every level, right?). The defense debuff probably won't matter much since they could never hit her anyway.
Also, the Enhancer's strengthening doesn't work with Byakuren's buff copy.

First number is probably multiplier before defense is taken into consideration and second number is probably multiplier after defense is taken into consideration. So it would be something like (1.7x - defense)*1.7x.
I forgot to add there's another factor. It's "防御力"(Defense) and I think this is akin to the T.DEF from LoT1. All three of them had it at 50%, compare Momiji's Rabies Bite which is 35% and it's said to be a defense piercing move. So I guess you got the right idea.

Wouldn't that make Mountain Breaker into "(400% ATK vs X% T.DEF) *0.8" and thus 20% of the resulting damage is lost? or do we assume there is an extra 1.0/100%, making it an 80% damage increase after calculation, while Byakuren's MoTB is *2.7 instead?
Yeah, I guess that was the case. Makes sense since there's a lot of decrease from their LoT1 counterpart, Yuugi's Knockout was "(500% ATK - 80% T.DEF)" and now it's "(200% ATK - 50% T.DEF) *1.3". Guess the multiplier was there to make up for it.
So Byakuren's MoTB is stronger than Yuugi's, faster, and more accurate? Damn, NAMUSAN!

Serela already said that the multiplier also exist in LoT1, but they did decrease Yuugi's Knockout. It was "(250% ATK - 40% T.DEF) *2.0". Definitely nerfed.
Wonder what is the formula for Suika's...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:09:21 AM by monhan »

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 10:52:15 AM »
Vicious for best first post NA
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 10:53:23 AM »
all that agony and suffering for that 88 achievement rock....just to get an okay item.....(not that great but not that bad either, unless you rarely grind at 20F)
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »
Which is easy, fortunately. I mean, I live in Japan, so it wouldn't be much of a pain anyway - I got a hard copy of the game - but either can buy a digital copy, or will be able to soon. Which is almost frighteningly sane by fangame standards, really. I certainly support it.

This game has also brought my attention to the same circle's so far good but remarkably complicated Arcanum Knights, by the way, which I'm enjoying. But that's not a topic for this thread, I think.

Never could find those other items myself either, by the way. Good to know about the 88 achievement rock, though.

No lie, I would kill for at least a menu translation patch for Arcanum Knights.

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 11:19:29 AM »
It does not exactly have the same meaning, but depending on the context "Chafing" might work.

Thanks for clarifying that-

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
To repair the umbrella, Nitori wants a Great Tree's Leaf, an Insect Exoskeleton, and 120 gold from you. You can find all of those in chests in 1F. She doesn't want any Scarlet Lights from you, and you don't sell them to her either - she just takes them from your inventory when you talk to her with all the materials required.

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 11:56:06 AM »
It does not exactly have the same meaning, but depending on the context "Chafing" might work.

If this is for the Overheat ability as I'm guessing... "overclock"? Not much shorter, but it's something.

No lie, I would kill for at least a menu translation patch for Arcanum Knights.

Hold the murder. Once my situation stabilises, if the game continues to be good to the end, I plan on emailing 3peso and asking him for permission to have a go at translating it. Asking, in this case , because (beyond just a matter of courtesy) I'm rather hoping he'd be able to sell it to a wider audience. Being an original IP would give it a vastly better shot at that.

I'm considering it, at any rate, which makes it not quite as hopeless as the odds for a typical non-Touhou doujin game getting translated. That said, not really the thread for it, but I'd be happy to continue the conversation in PM. Just shouldn't clutter this one.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 12:13:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure anyone following LOT will want that game translated too. Won't be that hard since it uses the same engine as LOT.
Ask him if he is aware of the translation effort on LOT1 (and LOT2) too. I will gladly help with the images.
On to the topic now.

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 12:22:14 PM »
Overheated -> Burnout?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »
What, is Overheating -really- too long of a skill name for the menu?

Ooh... for the buff slot thing I guess it might be, from what I saw in a video using the preliminary menu patch I could imagine that.

Really, just use "Overheat" then. It's almost certainly the best way to shorten it (rather then use an entirely different word)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 01:31:18 PM »
More LoT2 for me, finishing up exploring what I could of 4F before doing two major things...

A.  Taking out the F.O.E on 4F.  No idea how I managed to pull this one off at my levels (Around lv15-17 I believe), but I did.

B.  Taking out the boss guarding a switch I needed to remove a pair of barriers blocking off access to some stairs.  Honestly, the only real tough point of this battle was the start of the 2nd phase and me throwing a hissy fit when Marisa's Master Spark missed.  Thankfully a combination of poison & terror I had applied to the boss meant I could use
Spoiler:
Parsee's Jealousy of the Kind and Lovely
and end the fight that way.

Going to go see what's behind those two staircases that were blocked off before as well as making a trip to recruit
Spoiler:
Mystia
before going on to 5F.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »
What, is Overheating -really- too long of a skill name for the menu?

Ooh... for the buff slot thing I guess it might be, from what I saw in a video using the preliminary menu patch I could imagine that.

Really, just use "Overheat" then. It's almost certainly the best way to shorten it (rather then use an entirely different word)

Yeah, what is all this "overheating" discussion about?

I'm pretty sure anyone following LOT will want that game translated too. Won't be that hard since it uses the same engine as LOT.
Ask him if he is aware of the translation effort on LOT1 (and LOT2) too. I will gladly help with the images.
On to the topic now.

Given that he probably made the original images, I doubt he needs any assistance on that front.

And I'd personally not mention the existing fan translation efforts for LoT 1/2. It hasn't ended well in the past for me.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 02:22:04 PM »
Are you referring to fushigi where suddenly the game got all sortsa cant play or update if you arent in japan shit?

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 02:23:25 PM »
Are you referring to fushigi where suddenly the game got all sortsa cant play or update if you arent in japan shit?

Yes.

I can't say for certain that it's related, but coincidentally it did happen immediately after Deranged contacted them about the fan translation efforts.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 02:44:10 PM »
I meant if Cogwheel decided to translate Arcanum Knights I would lend him my hand. Aaand there are people that donʹt want their work to be more widely known? Holy cow

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »
Yeahh... You should have seen stella vanity. That was even uglier.

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »
On a related note, I'm going to have to ask where the music's from/track names, too. There are some marvelous themes in LoT2 (final boss, 12F Tenshi, third/fifth/sixth/seventh stratum, boss, to name a few), and having scoured the Rengoku Teien site, it's not them. In fact, the first game had some non-RT stuff, too. Rinnosuke's theme, to be exact.

While digging for that last one, by the way, I found that the original composer did another take on it since. Enjoy!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 06:44:12 PM »
Uh hm... I got a question where and how do I know that I got Leaves of the Great Tree? I'm stuck on that quest to get Minoriko.
Edit: In other news I got Kasen and Patchouli's quest unlocked.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:52:47 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Sahgren

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »
They're random drops. I can't quite remember if they're from mobs on F2 or F3 though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
They're random drops. I can't quite remember if they're from mobs on F2 or F3 though.
Sounds like I know who I'm testing Kasen on.  :D
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 08:10:20 PM »
Yeah, this "Overheating" business is about the buff. Sorry, I should have been clearer about that. I'm trying to come up with shorter terms now so we don't have to do it in the later. I'm catching the buffs that are too long (go off screen) and coming up with shorter versions. Overheating was one I was stuck on. I've been putting what I've done on the google docs thing under alternatives and discussions.

Here was the link to it so we don't have to go digging through the previous thread again.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiaAy3nPKPx2dDhOLUh5Vmk2N1VUYkxJZlI1d2xRMGc#gid=2

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:34:09 PM by ViciousYukkuri »