Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277125 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »
Okay, something I want to know, but won't be able to test without making a new file. If I use
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir and Healing Limit Breaker to overheal Byakuren, what will her passive HP regen do? will it try to heal her up to that Overheal amount if she falls below it? Stop working until HP falls below her normal max? Bring her down to her normal max?
Anyone have any idea?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2013, 09:41:35 PM »
I can't seem to find Mokou on 4F. I've already beaten Kaguya and recruited Wriggle, but she hasn't shown up yet. Is there anything else I have to do to make her appear?

I ran into this same problem. You have to talk to Reisen on 3F. She's at the bottom of the map.

Okay, something I want to know, but won't be able to test without making a new file. If I use
Spoiler:
Hourai Elixir and Healing Limit Breaker to overheal Byakuren, what will her passive HP regen do? will it try to heal her up to that Overheal amount if she falls below it? Stop working until HP falls below her normal max? Bring her down to her normal max?
Anyone have any idea?
I just tested this. It just stops working until she comes below normal max. It doesn't reset her HP, either. It's safe to assume this is true of all HP regen skills.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:54:34 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2013, 10:54:13 PM »
So,
Spoiler:
these orbs on floor 18 and one boss in F20. Did I just instant death 2 of these orbs and that boss? Seriously?

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2013, 10:57:09 PM »
So,
Spoiler:
these orbs on floor 18 and one boss in F20. Did I just instant death 2 of these orbs and that boss? Seriously?

...What?

What?

That... that's beautiful. I wish I had tried.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2013, 11:04:59 PM »
So,
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Checking my Bestiary says that only 1 of those 3 enemies *isn't* immune to Death... if a filled star is meant to be Immune... My guess, is that Filled Star goes anywhere from "very high resist" to "Outright Immune" but we aren't told what the exact value is.
So it is certainly possible that is intended to happen... Lucky You! XD

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2013, 11:15:08 PM »
Spoiler:
Is there any other boss not immune to instant death?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »
Spoiler:
Is there any other boss not immune to instant death?

Spoiler:
The only ones that don't have a Star for Death resist are: One of the 3 orbs from 18F, Sakuya, the Vines summoned by the plant beast thing, the doll minions Alice has, one of the two giant bugs you fight for Wriggle, the Evil Nuts Eater thing from 1F
Anything else, you would have to find out by actually trying.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2013, 01:18:48 AM »
Finally found the artist in charge of character potraits ingame http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=146732
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2013, 01:50:03 AM »
Finally found the artist in charge of character potraits ingame http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=146732

Someone really likes Tokiko. If you know what I mean...
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2013, 07:42:40 AM »
So, I have been grinding my butt off, for the heck of it! And what do I have to show for it? Level 300+ that's what!

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2013, 07:51:17 AM »
I'm going to laugh/cry when 21F and 22F come out and we need to be that high to do anything. You'll be ready, at least.

Spoiler:
Especially considering the 22F name: The Dragon's Altar Where the Most Noble Life Reigns. If the boss there isn't the Dragon God, and/or he/she/its not at least Lvl 300, I'm gonna be a little sad.

And I'm stuck on Komachi again. :ohdear:

Also, does anybody know what this guy actually does? I've let him go for 3 or 4 turns before and all I've seen it do is focus.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:36:46 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »
Didn't play much, but it was enough to find
Spoiler:
Nazrin
on 5F and get her to join my team.

Time to go finish map out what I can of 5F, then I'm going on another F.O.E nuking phase since I need to get this lovely 30k item in the shop.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
So, how many
Spoiler:
Stones of Awakening
are there in the current version? I've found 10, so far...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »
Ok NOW I see why people call Kasen broken early in game, I managed to steamroll Kaguya and didn't die at all! On top of that Kasen's self buff,  Keine's ATK/MAG buff ,and Reimu's Hakurei barrier made her a killer tank machine on the first phase along with Momiji. Second phase  of Kaguya's battle Youmu and Kasen was like "LOL NOPE!" and I killed her.

My comment: I BROKE THE GAME!
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »
Didn't play much, but it was enough to find
Spoiler:
Nazrin
on 5F and get her to join my team.

Time to go finish map out what I can of 5F, then I'm going on another F.O.E nuking phase since I need to get this lovely 30k item in the shop.

...how many FOE's have you slain thus far? You should really check in the achievements in between trips to see if you qualify for the "FOE's  Annihilation Crisis" one, as it'll grant you 80,000 yen once you get it.

Also, if you can get over 10,000 BP for a character, then you can get another achievement, "All Around an Outstanding Performance", which gives 128,000 yen for managing to pull it off.

Ok NOW I see why people call Kasen broken early in game, I managed to steamroll Kaguya and didn't die at all! On top of that Kasen's buff and Keine's buff and Reimu's Hakurei barrier made her a killer tank machine. Second phase  of Kaguya's battle Youmu and Kasen was like "LOL NOPE!"

My comment: I BROKE THE GAME!

...wait. Youmu?!? As in, naturally low in MND Youmu? Because Kaguya is a pure magic attacker, which Youmu shouldn't be able to handle her attacks well, if at all.

Kasen, I can understand, though. Hell, Kasen would be useful for the Komachi fight, provided that you boost her SPI affinity to neutral and give her the same equips that you would of given Youmu(Kasen even has Guts to give her a 50/50 shot at surviving a lethal hit), and is faster to boot...

By the by, I have a question. Where can you find
Spoiler:
the first Stone of Awakening
?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:08:17 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
...wait. Youmu?!? As in, naturally low in MND Youmu? Because Kaguya is a pure magic attacker, which Youmu shouldn't be able to handle her attacks well, if at all.

Kasen, I can understand, though. Hell, Kasen would be useful for the Komachi fight, provided that you boost her SPI affinity to neutral and give her the same equips that you would of given Youmu(Kasen even has Guts to give her a 50/50 shot at surviving a lethal hit), and is faster to boot...
I switched her in after Momiji took a few beatings from Kaguya's second phase and I finished her off with Slash of Eternity since Kasen already got her regular attack in that's why they were like "LOL NOPE".

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »
...how many FOE's have you slain thus far? You should really check in the achievements in between trips to see if you qualify for the "FOE's  Annihilation Crisis" one, as it'll grant you 80,000 yen once you get it.

Also, if you can get over 10,000 BP for a character, then you can get another achievement, "All Around an Outstanding Performance", which gives 128,000 yen for managing to pull it off.
Don't remember the exact number of FOEs I've slain, but I know it's over 10 at the very least, probably closer to 15 or so.  I was going to shoot for that achievement anyways since I'll be able to snag that item I want as a result plus have some extra funds leftover to boost character stats.

That other achievement though?  I'd sooner leave my game running for a grand total of 60 hours for the extra money that provides than do that one right this moment, heh.

I also need to get some achievements that give Treasure Chest Keys because I've got about 3 or 4 chests that I need them for.  That or figure out where else I can get those keys, one of the two.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »
By the by, I have a question. Where can you find
Spoiler:
the first Stone of Awakening
?

Spoiler:
Top right of 6F, there's a stair going down to a small area to 5F which only has a chest, it's in there
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2013, 04:46:37 PM »
Spoiler:
Top right of 6F, there's a stair going down to a small area to 5F which only has a chest, it's in there

Thanks for the info. By the way, I asked this because I couldn't find said info on the wiki. Figured that I should point that out.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »
Allow me to go off the handle about Cirno for a moment. Some  :wikipedia:

Spoiler:
I swear to all that is holy and decent, she has got to be the weakest piece of shit in this damn game. Fracking no defense, shitty resistances, and zip damage output. At least in the first game, her slow debuff was reliable. Here, she wouldn't be able to fucking slow down a snail. Like, dammit, is the proc chance on her slow effing .00000002%?! And the defense thing. I mention it twice because she can RESIST a move (Cold) and still die in one shot. My God, I don't know how they could have made her any worse. Oh, I know, make all other Team ⑨ members good in comparsion. Like seriously, fricking Wriggle is better in every way, even against poison resistant or immune foes. Not that I have Wriggle yet; I'm still stuck on Komachi because no matter what that boat bitch does, it kills Cirno, bringing me down a member. But I still need to bring her, because if nothing else, she MIGHT slow Komachi and she is a great meat shield for Rumia and Marisa...you know, HALFWAY DECENT CHARACTERS! I kinda liked Cirno before, but this damn game is making me loath her.

/end rant.

At least I won't have to worry about saving over anything. I backed up my saves this time, and keeping backing them up regularly.

Spoiler:
Oh, and her skills suck. Forgot to mention that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:31:07 PM by ViciousYukkuri »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2013, 07:38:29 PM »
Cirno is kinda suppose to be slot 2 for Team (9). Her skills were never really meant to do damage. As long as they did their debuff or PAR then it did its job.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »
Got Chen, Parsee, and Nitori in one go. Thankfully stock piling stuff for crafting got me Nitori early.

Fun fact: Dropping the boss for Chen recruitment's MND with Kogasa and Kasen managed to help my Marisa to pop him after he decided to finally kill my buffed up Rumia.  Jerk, he deserved it although I should of taken a screenshot to show proof, I must went overboard on him.  :D

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:31:53 PM by MewMewHeart »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
Allow me to go off the handle about Cirno for a moment. Some  :wikipedia:

*rant(?)*

/end rant.

At least I won't have to worry about saving over anything. I backed up my saves this time, and keeping backing them up regularly.

Spoiler:
Oh, and her skills suck. Forgot to mention that.
She's more useless than
Spoiler:
Chen?
O_O OK maybe, maybe not. Both of them aren't really that useful, especially after you recruit
Spoiler:
Ran

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »
Spoiler:
Chen
was actually my best character in the original labyrinth, with a higher speed than
Spoiler:
Aya
and burst damage intervals higher than
Spoiler:
Shikieiki
(not to mention she could stay in back lane and swap out people repeatedly.)  I dropped her this game, but I'm highly considering taking her back since
Spoiler:
Yukari's nuke is a ROW attack now

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »
The planets aligned and the stars converged. I beat Komachi...again. :toot:

Anyways, Cirno's not without a saving grace. The reduced Ice damage skill will come in handy on the following floors, especially against the Kraken (dat 8 ice hits) and the hydra leech thingie (DAMN ICE BITE). And her auto speed debuff could act as a maintenance debuff to slow the degradation of her own slow.

I know the next time I go through this game on a normal playthrough, I'm going to use Chen to see how she holds up. In the brief time I did use her last time, I thought she was pretty good; the speed self buff helps her not only lay on hits, but recover faster, too. It also served as a maintenance buff so any speed buffs you put on her don't degrade as quickly, and level out at a certain point. Combine with the new speed formula (I noticed this when super high level; when your speed is much higher than the others, you actually get to go more. That sounds obvious, but in the first game, it simply wasn't so. Something about the speed formula made it where even the 1F enemies could kinda keep up with Aya or Chen) and I think she has a lot of potential.

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »
I'm having trouble recruiting
Spoiler:
Flandre
. Does BP work in this game like it did the last (2 per fight as long as they stay in)?
It's 300 pts for
Spoiler:
Marisa, Remi, Meiling, Patchy, and Sakuya
correct?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2013, 09:22:37 PM »
I'm having trouble recruiting
Spoiler:
Flandre
. Does BP work in this game like it did the last (2 per fight as long as they stay in)?
It's 300 pts for
Spoiler:
Marisa, Remi, Meiling, Patchy, and Sakuya
correct?
We're assuming that the BP system is the same, though part of me thinks you might get more per battle...

Anyway, yeah, those are the people you need. Don't forget that you also need to have killed 30 FOEs and have 60 Achievements.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2013, 09:25:41 PM »
Combine with the new speed formula (I noticed this when super high level; when your speed is much higher than the others, you actually get to go more. That sounds obvious, but in the first game, it simply wasn't so. Something about the speed formula made it where even the 1F enemies could kinda keep up with Aya or Chen) and I think she has a lot of potential.
IIRC in Laby1, every 100 speed an enemy got, you would need to double your own speed to match up. So you needed 400 Speed to match up with 300, and 800 to match up with 400... or something crazy like that o_o

Level bonuses also seem to have WAY more sway on your stats then they did in Laby1. That Level 302 Minoriko, from my above pic? her current setup gives her almost 3000 Speed. Yeah. If you invest level bonuses in a stat, it *will* beat out that same stat on a lot of characters who don't invest in it. Anything you don't invest in will thus also likely fall short of expectations.
Spoiler:
My Tenshi has about 5500 less HP then Komachi. Tenshi has heavily invested in HP, but also nicely in Attack and a bit in Defense/Mind, while Komachi has been pure Attack.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2013, 09:30:54 PM »
HA! Killed Komachi on my first try by luck, THANK YOU MAG boosting item from Nitori's shop, thank you Keine ATK/MAG buff, and Rinnosuke buff for making Rumia hit 1k magic damage with Moonlight Ray. I'm pissed she got lucky with Ferriage in the Deep Fog and killed my Youmu so, I had to resort to Kasen but, then on Komachi's second phase she killed her and Guts kicked in trololololol, then to piss me off she killed Cirno and Rinnosuke, while Rumia had to recharge more MP, but then I got back at her with a buffed Kasen, muahahahahaha. 

My two cents about Komachi: GAWD DAMN!  :V

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »
In LoT1 SPD works kind of like this: For value 100-200, you get its face value. Afterwards it's 2 panel SPD stat to get an actual point of SPD, until after real SPD 300 (panel SPD 400), then it becomes 3 panel SPD to get a point of SPD until real SPD 400 (panel SPD 700), then 4 panel SPD for one actual point, and so on. The database (and the bestiary page on the wiki) lists actual SPD, but the floor walkthrough pages, when mentioning notable enemies, tend to use the panel SPD they would map to.

And yeah, Cirno is damn slow in this game which is really annoying. In LoT1 she's basically the same thing, but she can actually outspeed many things, so she can multi-target PAR for slower nukes for example. In this game she is just so slow.